MS Amadeus Imperial Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Amadeus Imperial
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland)|
|Operator||Amadeus River Cruises|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1770 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Amadeus Silver 2, Amadeus Silver 3|
Review of MS Amadeus Imperial
MS Amadeus Imperial is Luftner Cruises Amadeus fleet's newest vessel, entering service in 2020. Like the sisterships Amadeus Silver 2 (2015) and Amadeus Silver 3 (2016), this 168-passenger riverboat cruises on Moselle, Rhine and Danube river itineraries.
MS Amadeus Imperial has four decks - Sun Deck (open-air) plus 3 interior passenger decks named after famous Austrian composers - Haydn, Mozart, Strauss. The riverboat has 12x Amadeus Suites (27 m2, with step-out balconies), 54x French Balcony cabins (18 m2) plus 18x Window cabins (18 m2, with non-opening windows).
All staterooms offer as standard amenities twin beds (convertible to Queen-size double bed), mirrored vanity table with chair, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), direct-dial phone, flat TV, seating area (2 armchairs with round-shaped coffee/dining table), floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (slide-opening to French Balcony), en-suite bathroom (WC, single-sink vanity, shower, hairdryer). Ship's suites additionally offer fully-stocked minibars (not complimentary), corner sofa (daybed), walk-in wardrobe, step-out balcony.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
On Amadeus Imperial, all meals are served at Panorama Restaurant (located forward on Strauss Deck 2). The Restaurant offers light bites (early breakfast) and buffet breakfast. Lunch is either buffet-style or sit-down (waiter-served). All dinners are 5-course gourmet dining affairs with complimentary regional wines. All produce is locally-sourced and seasonal. Guests can also indulge in Afternoon Tea & Cake service, midnight snacks and 24-hour coffee/tea station.
The best place on the boat for spending leisure time is the Sun Deck (deck 4). It provides top-deck views of the riverside scenery, plenty of sitting (deckchairs, sunloungers, shaded seating areas covered by retractable awnings), putting green (mini-golf course), Giant Chessboard, Shuffleboard. The sundeck area is served by Lido Bar (light snacks and beverages). Sun Deck's fore-located Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is passenger accessible and telescopic (can be lowered for passing under low bridges).
- (Mozart Deck 3 forward) Panorama Lounge & Bar is ship's show lounge with floor-ceiling windows, comfortable furniture, full-service Bar. The Lounge also serves cruise company's enrichment program with port talks, destination/itinerary-themed lectures and media presentations, themed parties, crew show, live music and dance performances by local artists boarding the ship.
- (Mozart Deck 3 aft) Amadeus Club is a stylish wine bar with Internet stations. It also doubles as ship's Library.
- (Mozart Deck 3 midship) Cafe Vienna is ship's bakery/patisserie/coffee house serving Austrian specialty coffees, fresh-baked homemade cakes, tarts, light pastries and other gourmet desserts.
- (Mozart Deck 3 bow) River Terrace is a glass-shielded room (wind-rain-protected outside lounge) accessible via Panorama Lounge or via stairs from Sun Deck.
- Spa (massage room), Hair Salon (hairdresser), Gym (fitness room)
The ship has no swimming pool or outdoor Jacuzzi. One elevator (passenger lift) connects all cabin decks. Wi-Fi costs extra and is with shipwide coverage. On all tours/shore excursions are offered complimentary bikes (mounted on the Sun Deck) and wireless audio systems.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.