Specifications of Mein Schiff 9
|Year of build||2026 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Class||InTUItion (TUI XL-Schiff)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila ( MW / 0 hp)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||326 m / 1070 ft|
|Beam (width)||42 m / 138 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||161000 gt|
|Sister-ships||Mein Schiff Relax (TUI Schiff 8)|
|Former names||TUI Schiff 9, Fincantieri TUI hull 6313|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Operator||TUI Cruises GmbH|
Mein Schiff 9 Review
Review of Mein Schiff 9
The 2026-built TUI Mein Schiff 9 cruise ship (currently on order) has as sistership Mein Schiff Relax/fka Schiff 8 (2025). Both liners are from the new InTUItion-Class (originally "TUI XL-Schiff" series).
TUI's Schiff 9 is currently scheduled for delivery in 2026-Q2 (April-May-June), while Schiff Relax will be inaugurated in 2025-Q1.
Due to the global impact of the COVID crisis, TUI Schiff 9's construction start was postponed as well as the ship's delivery - from 2026-Q1 (January-March) to 2026-Q2 (April-June).
TUI's two newbuilds (Schiff 8 and Schiff 9) were ordered in July 2018 and their construction started in June 2022. Unlike TUI's sisterships built by Meyer Turku Finland, both new units are Fincantieri-built (at Monfalcone Shipyard near Trieste, Italy). These are TUI's first LNG-powered vessels and also the fleet's largest by design (160000 GT-tons/volume) and passenger capacity (~4100 passengers plus ~1100 crew/staff).
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a UK-based joint venture cruise company (50-50) of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (USA-based passenger shipping company). TUI started cruise shipping operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German and English are the main onboard languages on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brands are Marella Cruises UK and Hapag-Lloyd-Cruises.
Mein Schiff 9 has 18 decks and max passenger capacity ~4000. Around 90% of all passenger staterooms are outside and around 80% of the cabins are with step-out balconies.
In comparison to Schiff 1, Schiff 9 has some improvements in onboard amenities and technology (energy efficiency). The vessel has the most- advanced scrubber/exhaust cleaning system that reduces SOx emissions by nearly 99% and NOx emissions by 75%. The ship also has an Aqua Park (with waterslides) and an Activity Deck (with Rope Course).
Decks and Cabins
Over 80% of TUI Schiff 9 staterooms (2050 total) are outside. All suites and family cabins have Xbox 360 video gaming consoles. The largest cabins are the 2-deck Himmel-Meer Suites with rooftop terraces. For families are the comfort category Verandah Deluxe. Spa Balcony cabin passengers enjoy exclusive spa facilities access.
All staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The food in the large Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant is all included in the fare. Schiff 9 also has a bakery for freshly prepared complimentary tarts and paninis. Atlantic Restaurant is divided into 3 themed restaurants and offers Asian, Mediterranean or 5-course meals (all complimentary). Gosch Sylt is a seafood restaurant. Bistro offers light snacks. At extra charge are Hanami (Japanese restaurant), Richards Restaurant and Surf and Turf (steakhouse restaurant).
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 9 restaurants and food bars.
- Atlantic Classic (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge
- Atlantik Brasserie (265-seat main dining room/MDR; offers French cuisine specialties, a la carte menu, and healthy choices)
- Atlantik Mediterran (266-seat, Mediterranean-themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as "family meals")
- Hanami (62-seat specialty Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge)
- Tag und Nacht (Day and Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro)
- Richard's ("Fine Dining" 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP)
- Surf und Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant)
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary)
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations)
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area)
- Aussenalster Bar and Grill
- Ganz Schon Gesund (Very Healthy) Bistro
- Manufaktur Kreativ Kuche (Creative Kitchen)
- Nespresso Bar (Atrium Lobby bar)
- Schmankerl-Entspannt (Austrian restaurant)
- Osteria (pizzeria)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The main language on board TUI Schiff 9 is German. Almost all beverages, food and gratuities are included in the cruise price.
The evening entertainment program (in the Hexagonal Theater) includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietez, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theatre features dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 9 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Hexagonal Theater (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens)
- Casino Burlesque (cabaret-style bar lounge)
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.)
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours)
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters)
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first-ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations)
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a "healthy drinks" menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar)
- X-Bar, Hoheluft (High Air) Bar, Ebbe und Flut Bier Bar (Low Tide Beer Bar)
- Casino (20-seat; open only during sea days)
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features a huge diamond-shaped facade spanning on 2 decks)
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge)
- Himmel und Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only)
- SPA und Meer (SPA and Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon)
- Sport und Gesunheit (Sport and Health Fitness Centre, gym classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge)
- Aussenpool (Deck 12, outdoor pool area with a 25 m long Lagune swimming pool, sunbathing area, Aussenalster Grill Bar)
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool)
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates' Island Kids Club complimentary lounge)
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge)
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport und Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sports classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the "walk on water" spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level
- Thalia Leselounge (reading lounge)
The Hexagonal Theater has a multifunctional revolving stage large enough to accommodate even sporting activities.
Casino Burlesque (1920s-themed bar lounge/theater) offers cabaret-style performances, pole dancing (including workshops), live music performances.
The new Small Theater is a venue themed on arts and culture, with a central stage for live performances (theatrical and radio plays, readings, stand-up comedy acts, lectures, media presentations). The Small Theater is served by an adjacent/directly connected bar lounge.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
TUI Mein Schiff 9 itinerary program will be announced sometime in 2024-H2.
Mein Schiff 9 - user reviews and comments
Mein Schiff 9 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The steel cutting of the first of 2 new-concept LNG-powered ships for TUI Cruises took place on Wednesday (June 22) in the presence of Wybcke Meier...June 23, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Fincantieri Italy has been awarded a new order for the construction of two new-concept gas powered cruise ships (LNG-powered / by Liquified Natural...July 13, 2018
- show more news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 9 Wiki
On July 13, 2018, the Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri was awarded an order from TUI Group for the construction of two new-design cruise ships (LNG-powered - by Liquified Natural Gas). The vessels (volume 161000 GT-tons) are the largest and most advanced in TUI's fleet. The order was based on a Fincantieri prototype (Project XL-Schiff) aiming at energy efficiency (via reducing fuel consumption) and minimizing the vessel's environmental impact according to IMO's latest regulations. The order for both units was signed by Wybcke Meier (TUI's CEO) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO).
Like the company's previous shipbuilding orders, the TUI XL-Schiff project (the two-ship InTUItion-Class series) was financed with ~80% debt-financing and 20% funding by TUI's own investment funds.
Schiff Relax and Schiff 9 are the fleet's largest as well as TUI's first LNG-fuelled and with shore-power connectivity. The design's added length allows bigger passenger capacity, substantially redesigned indoor spaces, adding new facilities and attractions. TUI ships' percentage of German travelers is ~80%.
The vessel's construction (Fincantieri Monfalcone yard number/hull 6313) officially started on June 22, 2022, with the steel-cutting ceremony held at the Monfalcone shipyard. The special event was attended by Wybcke Meier (TUI's CEO) and Luigi Matarazzo (Fincantieri Merchant Ship Division's General Manager and New Building Navi da Crociera's Director).