Viking Mandalay Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Mandalay
|Year built||2002 / Age : 15|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises Asia|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||55 m / 180 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||900 gt|
|Passengers||30 - 60|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Viking Mandalay
The Viking Mandalay boat cruises on Irrawaddy River in Myanmar (Burma), departing from Bangkok.
Viking Mandalay is a handcrafted river ship, designed specifically to navigate along the Irrawaddy River. Fully refurbished in 2013, the Mandalay can accommodate up to 60 guests. It offers magnificent river views from every stateroom due to the large windows and deck space. The atmosphere on board is extraordinarily friendly with English-speaking crew. The sights, flavors and sounds of one of the most fascinating places in the world are unforgettable.
Viking Mandalay provides 30 comfortable outside staterooms, as the middle and upper deck staterooms feature large windows that can open. All staterooms offer hotel-style beds and optional twin-bed configuration, air conditioning, private bathroom with shower, hair dryer, safe and bottled water, daily replenished. The beautiful Sun deck features comfortable shaded sitting area. Enjoy a dinner in the restaurant with panoramic river views, or choose to unwind in the bar and library. There is also an onboard boutique.
Viking Mandalay river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Asia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Mandalay's Irrawaddy cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Mandalay river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "MEMORIES OF MANDALAY" are 15-days Burma river cruises from Thailand (Bangkok round-trip). The line's currently operated itinerary route is "Bangkok-Mandalay-Yangon/Rangoon", with 14 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. These deals are also inclusive of Hotel Shangri-La Bangkok (or to a similar class luxury hotel in Bangkok, 2-night package), flight from Thailand to Burma (Bangkok-Mandalay, for embarkation, next day full-day long Mandalay tou, stops at Ava and Amarapura (both former capital cities, with small boat cruise on lake Taungthaman), cruising in the Bagan region (ancient capital of Burma /historical monuments, temples), Tan-Chi-Taung Mountain excursion, Sale (group of monasteries), Mya-Tha-Lun Pagoda (made of gold bricks), Magway (cycle trishaw tour), Minhla Fort, Thayetmyo excursion (frontier post on the border between Royal and British Myanmar), Yangon/Rangoon (disembarkation, scenic countryside ride, 2-night luxury hotel package), fight from Yangon to Bangkok (1-night hotel package in Shangri-La or similar class luxury hotel in Bangkok).
- Optional is the 2-night Bangkok hotel package.
- Sometimes, an alternative itinerary route is operated. It includes: Bangkok departure, two consecutive flight transfers (to Yangon, and to Mandalay for embarkation). Follows the Irrawaddy river cruise in Burma (Mandalay to Pyay route), then coach travel to Yangon and flight to Bangkok.
Viking Mandalay wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 30 (of which 11 Suite, 24 Balcony, 2 French Balconies, 16 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Mandalay (dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Sun Deck (show and observation outdoor lounge /with bar and shaded seating area), Library, Shop.
- Viking Mandalay cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all Burma and Thailand tours/excursions, flight and coach transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Mandalay boat transfers and airport meet&greet services in Myanmar and Thailand are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking Cruises line.
- Viking Mandalay is one of the two redesigned and recently refurbished Viking Cruises Burma ships cruising on Irrawaddy River. The other vessel in the region is Viking Orient (operating on the same route). The other Viking ship in Southeast Asia is Viking Mekong (cruising in Vietnam and Cambodia).
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with similar itineraries on Irrawaddy cruises in Burma are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaPura), Avalon Waterways (Myanmar), Scenic (Aura) and the Viking ship Orient.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites and Balcony Staterooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (with Picture Window and a door opening to a promenade deck) - Standard (10x A, 10x B and 10x C, respectively on decks 3-3-2). All cabins size is 170 ft2 (or 16 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.