Genting Dream current position
Current itinerary of Genting Dream
Genting Dream current cruise is 2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise. The itinerary starts on 08 Feb, 2023 and ends on 10 Feb, 2023.
Specifications of Genting Dream
|Year built||2016 / Age: 7|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 960 million|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||335 m / 1099 ft|
|Beam (width)||40 m / 131 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||150695 gt|
|Passengers||3352 - 3400|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Christened by||Puan Sri Cecilia Lim (GHK Dream Cruises)|
|Owner||GHK-Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Resorts World Cruises (Asia)|
Genting Dream Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Jan 29||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 01||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 03||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 05||2 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 08||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 10||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 12||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 15||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 17||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 19||3 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 22||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 24||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Feb 26||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 01||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 03||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 05||3 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 08||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 10||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 12||5 days, round-trip Melaka-Penang-Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 17||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 19||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 22||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 24||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 26||3 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 29||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Mar 31||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 02||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 05||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 07||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 09||3 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 12||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 14||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 16||3 days, round-trip Penang-Langkawi Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 19||2 days, round-trip Melaka Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 21||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 23||3 days, round-trip Phuket Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 26||2 days, round-trip Kuala Lumpur Cruise||Singapore|
|2023 Apr 28||2 days, round-trip Bintan Cruise||Singapore|
Genting Dream Review
Review of Genting Dream
The 2016-built MS Genting Dream cruise ship was the first vessel in the fleet of the Chinese premium brand Dream Cruises (Genting Hong Kong/GHK-owned subsidiary company launched in November 2015). One of the world's largest passenger liners, the 151300-GT-ton vessel debuted in November 2016. Its former fleetmates were World Dream (2017/sistership), Resorts World One (1999-built as SuperStar Virgo, named Explorer Dream after the transfer from Star Cruises in 2019) and the larger Global Dream (2020/GLOBAL-class).
MS Genting Dream's last drydock refurbishment was in 2023 (February 17 through March 1), being previously refurbished in 202 (January). Both drydocking renovation projects were conducted in Singapore (at Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard).
History - construction and ownership
In late-April 2022, Asian online media reported that Genting Dream becomes the first liner in the fleet of "Resorts World Cruises" - a Singapore-registered company (incorporated on March 9, 2022) established by Lim Kok Thay (Genting Group/Genting Cruise Lines). Also was reported that Resorts World Cruises is in negotiations with banks and investors to acquire Dream Cruises' other two vessels (Explorer Dream, World Dream).
The company's management team is led by Colin Au (CEO and Executive Director) and Michael Goh (President and International Sales Directors). Resorts World Cruises opened bookings for Genting Dream on May 18, 2022.
The parent company "Resorts World" is a Genting Group-owned subsidiary (Malaysian hospitality and casino franchise) and brand used across all Genting-owned resorts and casinos worldwide. Resorts World has ultra-premium properties (46 total/as of 2022) in Asia (Malaysia's Pahang, Terengganu, Langkawi-Kedah, Singapore's Sentosa Island, Philippines' Newport City-Pasay, Entertainment City-Paranaque, Macau's Nam Vam Lake), also in the USA (Winchester Nevada, Queens NYC, Kiamesha Lake NY, Miami Florida), Bahamas (North Bimini) and Europe (Solihull-Birmingham, England UK).
On May 18, 2022, at a news conference, Resorts World Cruises officially announced that as a "gesture of goodwill" the new company will offer complimentary FCCs/future cruise credits of "equivalent value" to all customers affected by World Dream's cancellations (cruises to nowhere from Singapore/bookings for voyages scheduled for departure between March 2 and August 31, 2022). The FCCs were valid for the period June 15, 2022, through March 31, 2023, and applicable only to affected World Dream bookings that had not yet received any refund from the original booking source.
According to Colin Au (Resorts World Cruises' CEO and Executive Director, also GHK's former Deputy CEO), as the provisional liquidator couldn't revive the brand (Dream Cruises), they had worked with the Chinese lessors (Genting Dream's shipowner) and had decided to restart operations under the new "Resorts World" brand.
GHK is a global entertainment, hospitality, and leisure company based in Hong Kong. For its new Dream Cruises brand, GHK ordered two custom-built vessels to serve the Asian market, specifically China. GHK's other two cruise market segments were served by separate brands - Crystal Cruises (ultra-luxury) and Star Cruises (contemporary).
On October 7, 2013, Star Cruises announced that GHK signed a shipbuilding agreement with Meyer Werft (Papenburg Germany) for the construction of a new vessel for Star Cruises, with scheduled delivery in 2016-Q4. On February 10, 2014, was ordered a sistership, with scheduled delivery in 2017-Q4. Both vessels were with gross tonnage 150,000 GT tons and double-occupancy passenger capacity 3364.
However, later GHK decided to create a new brand (Dream Cruises) and both newbuilds were transferred to the new company. MS Genting World's (later renamed "MS World Dream") steel-cutting ceremony was held on February 9, 2015, at Meyer Werft Papenburg shipyard. MS Genting Dream debuted in November 2016. Sistership World Dream was launched in November 2017. On August 20, 2016, Genting Dream was floated out of the covered building dock 2 at Meyer Werft Papenburg.
Decks and Cabins
MS Genting Dream staterooms (1686 total) accommodate between 3376-3400 passengers served by 2020 crew, meaning a crew-to-guest ratio of 1:1.7, which is the highest in comparison to any Asia Pacific ship. The German-built vessel is also designed with spacious interiors.
~70% of all staterooms are with private step-out balconies, and 100+ cabins are connecting (with adjoining interior doors) making them suitable for families. Suite services include special perks, privileges, professional European butler service.
The largest accommodations are the Dream Grand Villas (sized 224 m2 / 2410 ft2). Other Dream Suite categories Executive (56-80 m2 / 600-860 ft2) and Deluxe (43 m2 / 460 ft2).
"THE PALACE" is a ship-within-ship concept/exclusive complex consisting of 154x premium Palace Suites (sized 37-40 m2 / 400-430 ft2), with exclusive dining and lounge venues/areas, butler service, suite-only perks. The 5-star luxury complex is sized nearly 10,000 m2 (108,000 ft2) and includes The Palace Restaurant, Gym, exclusive sundeck with a swimming pool. The all-inclusive luxury experience features Seafood Buffet (The Palace Restaurant), complimentary Premium Beverage package (in all onboard bars and restaurants), Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party, Crystal Life Cafe (healthy breakfast, vegetarian lunch), dedicated Kids Program (for children 2 to 12 yo), dedicated "Connoisseurs Circle" (enrichment program), complimentary fitness classes, complimentary shore excursions, priority services, specialty dining shipwide.
The boat has 18 decks, of which 14 are passenger-accessible and 10 with cabins.
Note: Deck 15 is actually the ship's "Deck 14". This enumeration is due to the fact that for the Chinese, numbers that include 4 are considered unlucky - similar to the Western practice about the number 13, and the Italians' number 17.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Genting Dream features 35 bars and restaurants, offering a wide choice of dining experiences for her guests. The restaurants offer regional cuisines, with emphasis on Chinese and Asian dishes, as well as international flavors like South East Asian, Japanese, Italian and more. A 610 m wrap-around promenade is a special place for dining and offers seaside dining and lounging from early morning to late evening in various themed venues.
Follows the complete list of Genting Dream restaurants and food bars.
- Genting Dining Room (300 indoor seats) is a complimentary restaurant open for breakfast (7-10 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). Chinese dishes and vegetarian options are always available.
- Dream Dining Room (872 indoor seats / 370 upper & 502 lower level) is a complimentary restaurant open for breakfast (6-9 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). Chinese dishes and vegetarian options are always available.
- The Lido (629 indoor seats, 194 outdoor seats) is a complimentary buffet (self-serve) restaurant open for breakfast (7-10 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). Breakfast options include made-to-order dishes (omelets, pancakes, waffles). Lunch and dinner options also include made-to-order dishes (pasta, salads), fresh-baked pizzas, soups, carving stations (roasts), Asian entrees, vegetarian dishes, separate salad bar, fresh fish (catch of the day), desserts (incl sugar-free items). In November 2018, Dream Cruises introduced on Genting Dream Halal cuisine options, which made the liner currently the only one in Asia with JAKIM Halal food certification (granted by Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia). The Halal food (permissible by the traditional Islamic law) is offered at a dedicated buffet section in the Lido Restaurant. Among the popular dishes are Ayam Madu (honey chicken), Pari Asam Pedas (stingray), Opor Ayam (chicken in coconut milk), Tandoori Kambing (mutton), Gulai Daging Kawah (beef), Tempe Goreng Pedas (fried soya bean cake).
- Silk Road & Cabaret is a Chinese specialty restaurant (144 seats, area 355 m2 / 3.820 ft2, at surcharge, reservations-only) with original dishes created by Asian Chefs, an extensive wine list and an extensive Baiju list. In the evenings (11 pm till late), Silk Road transforms into the Cabaret (show lounge).
- BISTRO by Mark Best (165 indoor seats / Chef's Table has 10 indoor seats) is an a la carte priced restaurant (reservations-only) serving western dishes (international cuisine specialties), fine wines (by the glass), a selection of domestic and international beers, specialty coffees/teas. The BISTRO is open for breakfast (7-10 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm).
- BISTRO Chef's Table (10 indoor seats) is part of the Bistro restaurant. This is a Private Table (dining room) available for individual and group booking. Each of the dishes is paired with fine wines. Chef's Table becomes active only when at least 8 passengers book in.
- BISTRO Grill Outdoor (54 outdoor seats) is also part of the Bistro restaurant. The grill is reservations only and opens for lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm).
- Umi Uma (44 indoor seats / 42 outdoor seats) is a Japanese cuisine specialty restaurant (at surcharge, reservations required) open for dinner-only - between 5-8 pm.
- Umi Uma Tepanyaki (78 indoor seats) is a live cooking venue where dishes are prepared by the ship's master chefs. The restaurant is at a surcharge and opens for dinner-only - between 5-8 pm.
- Umi Uma Sushi Bar (13 indoor seats) is a specialty restaurant (at surcharge, reservations required) open for lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). The sushi bar offers signature dishes and an extensive Sake menu.
- Lobby Bar (40 seats, open between 7 am - 1 am) serves the lobby area with non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks.
- BreadBox is a bread shop (onboard bakery) / Snacks & Refreshment bar selling fresh-baked gourmet bread, cinnamon rolls, cookies, specialty coffees (Espresso, Latte, Cappucino, Viennese), Tiffin take away menu. BreadBox is open between 10 am - 8 pm.
- Lobby Cafe (7 seats, open between 7 am - 8 pm) is a takeaway cafe bar offering Southeast Asian favorites. To go dishes are in Tiffin boxes.
- Bar 360 (27 seats) offers premium Bourbons, cocktails and other beverages.
- Blue Lagoon (172 seats) is a 24-hour open restaurant (at a surcharge) with an a la carte priced menu and chefs live cooking stations. The restaurant also offers specialty coffees/teas and gourmet desserts (incl ice cream. Blue Lagoon is closed only between 4-5 am.
- Red Lion Pub (75 seats) is an English pub bar serving draft beers, international bottled beers, a variety of pub drinks and snacks, also full pub food menu. The pub is open 24 hours. The lunch menu is served between 12-noon - 2 pm, and dinner menu - between 6-10 pm.
- Johnnie Walker House (first at sea)
- Wine Vault (wine bar) is open between 11 am - 12-midnight, and hosts wine tasting events with sommelier service.
- BAR CITY 256 indoor / 177 outdoor seats - total 341) is a lounge complex that includes The Whisky House, Mixt and Bubbles.
- The Whisky House (30 indoor / 47 outdoor seats) offers an impressive selection of top-brand whiskies, exclusive service, whisky tasting courses matched with gourmet meals paired with each vintage. The Whisky House is open between 11 am - 12-midnight. Bookings for special and whisky tasting events are required.
- Mixt (159 indoor / 44 outdoor seats) is a beverages only / cocktail bar with a separate snack menu.
- Bubbles (50 seats) is a premium Champagne bar lounge open between 11 am - 12-midnight.
- Boba Cha (14 outdoor seats) is open between 10 am - 6 pm and offers non-alcoholic beverages.
- Gelateria (20 outdoor seats) is an ice cream bar open between 10 am - 6 pm. The a la carte priced menu has a variety of ice creams, toppings, sherbets, frozen yogurt, fresh strawberries, home-baked cookies.
- Hot Pot (108 seats, open between 5-10 pm) is an outdoor dinner-only restaurant (at surcharge, reservations-only) offering poultry, meat, seafood, and vegetarian dishes.
- Crystal Life Cuisine (61 indoor seats) is a healthy food restaurant (at a surcharge) also offering fresh-squeezed juices for the gym users. Crystal Life Cuisine is open for breakfast (8-9 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm), and reservations are required.
- Genting Club (60 indoor seats) is an exclusive (Dream Mansion passengers only) restaurant with an exclusive wine list. Genting Club is open for breakfast (7-10 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). Reservations are required.
- World Grill (258 outdoor seats) is an outdoor complimentary dining venue open for breakfast (7-10 am), lunch (12-noon - 2 pm) and dinner (5-8 pm). Throughout the day, World Grill serves the pool deck with fast food/snacks. In addition to the grilled food, during breakfast and lunchtimes is offered the Lido's menu.
- "Penfolds Wine Vault" (partnership with the Australian winemaker Penfolds) is a specialty restaurant/premium wine bar (at surcharge PP). The wine list features the rare vintages "Penfolds Bin 170", "Penfolds Grange 2010" and also "Penfolds Yattarna" (a special Chardonnay). Food pairing opportunities are provided by expert chefs and professional sommeliers. The Wine Vault also hosts reservation-only wine tasting events as part of the onboard enrichment programming.
- Pool Deck Bar is open between 7 am - 6 pm and serves with drinks at the swimming pool area. The bar offers cocktails and mocktails and serves a total of 380 outdoor seats plus 330 sunbeds.
- The Living Room (42 indoor seats) is an exclusive (Dream Mansion passengers only) lounge manned by Butlers and open between 7 am - 1 am. The lounge serves complimentary drinks (upon request) and snacks (in the mornings and afternoons).
- Dream Mansion Lounge (31 indoor seats) is an exclusive (Dream Mansion passengers only) lounge open between 7 am - 1 am. It is manned by Butlers and offers complimentary beverages.
- Genting Club Restaurant & Lounge (37 indoor seats) is an exclusive (Dream Mansion passengers only) with an exclusive list of premium wines (offered complimentary by the glass). Genting Club Lounge is open between 7-10 am, 12-noon - 2 pm and 5-8 pm. Here are served various complimentary beverages, including specialty coffees/teas.
- Sun Deck Bar (portside/starboard); Sundeck Bar Portside and Sundeck Bar Starboard have 38 outdoor seats (each) and serve refreshments (incl beer, cocktails, mocktails) between 7 am and 6 pm.
- Dream Mansion Cafe (140 indoor seats) is an exclusive snack and refreshments venue open between 7 am - 1 am.
- The Market is an outdoor venue serving non-alcoholic drinks only.
- Palm Court (101 indoor seats, area 495 m2 / 5.328 ft2) is a premium bar (open between 7 am - 12-midnight) with Afternoon High Tea service (between 2:30-5 pm).
- Function 8 (88 indoor, 26 outdoor seats, area 254 m2 / 2.734 ft2) is open between 10 am – 6 pm and offers non-alcoholic beverages.
In late-July 2020, Dream Cruises debuted (on MS Explorer Dream) the "Flexi-Feast" - a completely customized shipboard dining (food and beverage) concept that allows passengers to choose from more venues. Upon boarding the ship, cruisers receive a set of complimentary dining vouchers which can be used at designated restaurants, as well as OBC (onboard credits) for ordering meals at specialty restaurants, beverages at bars and also for room-service orders.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Plenty of recreation venues are available aboard Genting Dream, including multiple pool types, 6 water slides, rope-climbing course, playrooms, card rooms, mahjong, bowling alley, and duty-free shopping. health and wellness facilities include state-of-the-art Western and Asian spas, Health Club, Beauty Salon, Barbershop, and enhance the guest experience.
Among the ship's most popular public spaces are the Zodiac Theater (999-seat main show lounge), numerous food and drink venues, Dream Palace (private clubhouse), Zouk Beach Club, outdoor adventure zone, Crystal Life (Spa and Fitness complex), Bistro (restaurant by Australian chef Mark Best), Johnnie Walker House, Little Pandas Club (kids facilities). The ship is also famous for its state-of-the-art outdoor LED lighting system.
Onboard entertainment features comprehensive Dreamscape educational and enrichment program, Crystal Life (health and wellness facilities), large (over 1100 m2) duty-free shopping complex, 6-slide waterpark, ropes course, zip-line, the world's first "Johnnie Walker House" at sea, the world's first Penfolds flagship Wine Vault at sea, private board rooms, real-time language translation capability (up to 4 languages) in the Zodiac Theatre for 400 guests.
Other activities include inspirational speeches and wine tasting to enrich passengers' time at sea.
Each Dream Cruises ship offers unique underwater excursions via 2 mini-submarines (underwater craft). They are able to carry cruise passengers deep under the sea while the ship operates in select Asian destinations. Each minisub carries 1 pilot and up to 4 passengers at a time.
Follows the complete list of Genting Dream lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Zodiac Theatre (999 indoor seats, area 1.585 m2 / 17.060 ft2, real-time language translation capability / up to 4 languages)
- Tributes (120 indoor / 20 outdoor seats, area 244 m2 / 2.626 ft2) is a live show lounge and bar also hosting specially themed events. The full-service bar offers spirits, cocktails, beers, wines, fresh-made snacks. Tributes Lounge & Bar are open between 10 am - 11:30 pm.
- Zouk (126 indoor seats, area 345 m2 / 3.714 ft2) is the ship's disco nightclub that during the day doubles as a sports bar. It is open between 8 pm - 2 am and features 4 bowling lanes and pool tables, and reservations are required.
- Zouk Beach Club (267 outdoor seats, area 680 m2 / 7.320 ft2) offers cabana seating, swimming pool, a giant LED screen for movies under the stars and for live sporting events, two private outdoor decks. These venues can also be booked for private or corporate events.
- Karaoke (49 indoor seats) is a complex of 5 karaoke singing rooms, open 24 hours, with luxurious furniture, premium alcohol (cognacs, Armagnacs, whiskies, wines), gourmet snacks.
- Star Club; Star Club II; Premium Club; Humidor (smoking-allowed cigar lounge); Mahjong Room (Card Room).
- Crystal Life Asian Spa, Wellness & Fitness
- Le Salon (Beauty Salon/hairdresser, manicure-pedicure)
- The Gentlemen's Barber (barbershop)
- Boutiques (1100 m2 duty-free shopping arcade); The Dream Boutiques
- Boardwalk / Promenade is a 610 m (2000 ft) long wraparound outdoor promenade deck lined with outdoor seating venues.
- Little Pandas Club (kids club with complimentary children programming - Little Dreamers, Mermaid Academy, Astronaut Camp at Sea, dress-up parties)
- Meeting Rooms: Bintan (24 seats, area 40 m2 / 430 ft2), Langkawi (30 seats, area 50 m2 / 538 ft2), Penang (31 seats, area 71 m2 / 764 ft2)
- Kids Aqua Zone. The Waterslide Park has a total of 6 slides, of which 5 are for adults only (tubed) and 1 water slide is for kids only. The adults-only waterslides' entrances are on deck 20 (aft). All slides are free of charge.
- Sun Deck (sunbathing area with loungers)
- Rock Climbing Wall (height 7 m / 24 ft.) is free of charge.
- The Ropes Course attraction offers many outdoor activities and also unique photo opportunities. Part of the course is the Zip Line (length 35 m / 115 ft) available only for adults. The Zip Line is located aft, above the sea and over the portside. For children and teens is available the "Walk the Plank" (also above the sea)
- Mini-Golf Course is a 9-hole putting green course (free of charge).
Sportsplex is a 90-pax multi-sport course (full-size basketball court) also used for playing volleyball and 5-a-side football (soccer).
Resorts World Cruises' Genting Dream itineraries
For Resorts World Cruises, Genting Dream's itinerary program is currently based on homeporting in Singapore (docking at MBCCS-Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore). The liner arrived at MBCCS on May 29th, 2022, and was scheduled to start operations for Resorts World on June 15th (Maiden Voyage out of Singapore).
In early-June 2022, Resorts World announced that the brand's inaugural schedule will include Singapore roundtrips to destinations in Indonesia (Bintan Island and Barelang Islands/Batam-Rempang-Galang), Malaysia (Port Klang-Kuala Lumpur City, Port Dickson-Malacca City, Georgetown-Penang Island), Thailand (Phuket, Krabi) and Indonesia (Bali Island's northern coastline).
- The first 2-Night Indonesia "Bintan and Batam Weekend Getaway" departed on July 1, 2022.
- The 3-Night Indonesia and Malaysia "Kuala Lumpur, Malacca and Penang" voyages depart on Sundays, while the 2-Night "Kuala Lumpur and Malacca" voyages depart on Wednesdays.
- The Thailand and Indonesia program started in October 2022.
On July 18, 2022, was inaugurated Genting Dream's homeporting in Port Klang/Kuala Lumpur.
- 2-night roundtrips from Kuala Lumpur (to Singapore) depart on Thursdays/Saturdays
- 3-night roundtrips from Kuala Lumpur (to Penang/Singapore) depart on Mondays.
- Departures from Singapore are on Wednesdays/Fridays/Sundays.
- Since July 22, 2022, are operated cruises-to-nowhere from Singapore (2-night "High Seas Weekend Getaway") departing on Fridays.
Resorts World Cruises' dual homeporting targeted the ~10 million population of Malaya (Peninsular Malaysia) living within a short drive distance of Port Klang. With the Kuala Lumpur Airport located nearby, foreign tourists now have more flexibility in choosing airlines, flights and fares.
Dream Cruises' Genting Dream itineraries
When operated by Dream Cruises, Genting Dream had 3 official homeports - Hong Kong, Sanya and Guangzhou (Nansha Port). The vessel targeted residents of China's Pearl Delta and Hainan regions, as well as fly-cruisers served by the airports of Guangzhou, Macau, Hong Kong, Sanya, Shenzhen, and Zhuhai.
Genting Dream's itinerary program started with year-round 2-night weekend cruises from Guangzhou-Nansha (departures each Friday) to Hong Kong, and 5-night itineraries (departures each Sunday) to Danang Vietnam, Sanya and Halong Bay Vietnam. The ship also offered 7-night itineraries out of Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Danang, Sanya, Halong Bay, and Shenzhen/Zhuhai. Sanya roundtrip itineraries were 7-night (to Guangzhou, Shenzhen/Zhuhai, Halong Bay, Danang, Hong Kong).
In 2018, Genting Dream was homeported in Singapore. Between early December 2017 and late March 2018, the ship operated on a series of 5-night roundtrip itineraries (Sunday departures) combined with 2-night weekend mini-cruises to destinations in Strait of Malacca and the Java Sea. Passengers also had the choice to combine Malacca Strait and the Java Sea voyages into a 12-night B2B cruise, with the option of spending the weekend either onboard or in a Singapore hotel. Between April and October 2018, the ship's schedule had listed destinations in the South China Sea and the Java Sea, visiting ports in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam.
Departing from Singapore from December 3, 2017, thru March 25, 2018:
- 2 Nights Weekend Mini Cruise (departures every Friday)
- 5 Nights Singapore to Kuala Lumpur-Penang-Phuket (departures every Sunday on the odd week)
- 5 Nights Singapore to Surabaya Java-North Bali (departures every Sunday on the even week)
- 12 Night back-to-back cruise with optional Singapore hotel stays instead of the weekend voyage.
- Note: Surabaya's Port Tanjung Perak allows max draft 14 m and has a cruise terminal.
Starting July 6, 2018, Genting Dream includes Pulau Bintan island as call port on 2-night weekend mini-cruise itinerary roundtrip from Singapore. The ship docks directly at Bintan Resorts area. This is an alternative to weekend getaways on which (especially during summer) hotels are most expensive,
For summer 2020 season (April through November) the cruise liner visits some of Southeast Asia's best-known island destinations and ports of call. From homeport Singapore, Genting Dream cruises on 2-3-4-5-night voyages that vary from weekend getaways (2-day mini cruises) to 7-day roundtrips. The longer itineraries target mainly elderly couples, families and groups (exhibitions, incentives, group meetings, business conferences). Ship's special summer voyages (April-November 2020) include:
- 2-night Malacca
- 2-night Port Klang
- 2-night Bintan Island
- 3-night Langkawi-Phuket
- 3-night Penang-Langkawi
- 3-night Penang-Phuket
- 4-night Malacca-Phuket
- 5-night Belitung-Christmas Island
- 5-night Kota Kinabalu-Palawan (Puerto Princessa)
- 5-night Koh Redang-Koh Samui-Laem Chabang
- 5-night Penang-Phuket-Langkawi-Klang
Genting Dream - user reviews and comments
Photos of Genting DreamAdd Photo
Genting Dream ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Resorts World Cruises announces voyages from Hong Kong aboard Resorts World One (fka Explorer Dream)
Resorts World Cruises, a line with itineraries within Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia by Genting Dream announced voyages from Hong Kong with...January 14, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Asia’s newest luxury and dynamic lifestyle cruise brand, Resorts World Cruises, celebrated a new milestone with its maiden voyage to Surabaya...December 21, 2022
- Cruise Industry
MS World Dream ship, one of the prime assets of the bankrupt Genting Cruise Lines (part of GHK-Genting Hong Kong), was set for auction 9 months after...December 1, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Resorts World Cruises announced the start of its 3- and 5-night cruises to Phuket (Thailand) from Kuala Lumpur (via Port Klang Malaysia) and...November 8, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Resorts World Cruises is launching a series of thematic voyages on the Genting Dream ship that will provide passengers with new vacation experiences...September 20, 2022
Some passengers from Malaysia and Singapore who were booked on MS Genting Dream were unable to board the ship after they were informed that the...September 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The new travel brand Resorts World Cruises (2022-established) announced that it will be the first company to add a Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Port Klang...July 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Pulau Penang Island (Georgetown, Malaysia) primed for cruising rebound with the arrival of Genting...
Pulau Penang Island (Georgetown, Malaysia Penang) is primed for a cruising rebound with the arrival of a 2nd cruise ship at the SPCT-Swettenham Pier...July 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The STB-Singapore Tourism Board on Friday, July 1, said that the cruise industry of the country was expected to return to pre-COVID levels between...July 3, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On June 15, Resorts World Cruises celebrated a double milestone with a maiden voyage as a new cruise line and the inaugural voyage of Genting Dream...June 18, 2022
- show more news
Other Resorts World Cruises cruise ships
Genting Dream Wiki
In January 2017, Dream Cruises announced the inaugural cruise itineraries of the line's first newbuild vessel Genting Dream. The ship is homeported year-round in Singapore (starting December 3, 2017), making it the first large-sized (151,300 GT tons) cruise ship based there for year-round operations. Genting Dream is the latest generation vessel (Germany-built) and is calling at more than 10 ports in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam during 2018.
Vessel's construction started on December 4, 2015, with the keel-laying ceremony held at the Meyer Werft's Papenburg shipyard. During the ceremony, a massive keel block (number 2 / one of the ship's all 92 building blocks) was lifted into the dock to officially start the vessel's assembly. GHK's Chairman and CEO Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay laid the traditional "lucky coin" (a good fortune symbol) under the block to bless the new vessel.
The vessel was floated out from drydock on August 20, 2016. Its conveyance (northbound route to North Seas along Ems River) started on September 18, leaving the Papenburg shipyard at around 2 pm. It entered the North Sea waters on Sept 19, at around 6 pm. After the scheduled sea trials, the ship docked in Bremerhaven (at Columbus Cruise Center).
On November 14, 2016, was the christening ceremony held at Guangzhou (Port Nansha). The ship's godmother is Mrs. Puan Sri Cecilia Lim - wife of Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay. He is Chairman and CEO of GHK (Genting Hong Kong) and second son of Genting Group's founder Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong. The naming ceremony was attended by over 900 distinguished guests, including numerous VIPs (prominent Chinese government officials, top executives from the cruise industry and shipping trade). Among the VIP guests were Cai Zhaolin (Guangzhou's Vice Mayor), Zeng Xiaofeng (Tourism Administration of Guangdong Province's Deputy Director), Chen Hongxian (Guangzhou Port's Chairman), Cai Jinlong (Guangzhou Port's General Manager). The welcome aboard event was held at the ship's Zodiac Theater (999-seat show lounge) led by Thatcher Brown (Dream Cruises' President). Next spoke Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO). Followed the traditional for China exchange of gifts.
On October 12, 2016, the vessel was officially delivered to Dream Cruises by Meyer Werft in Bremerhaven. Ships' hull art (titled "Voyage of a Lover’s Dream”) is by the Chinese artist Jacky Tsai.
Wartsila Funa was the supplier of the ship's unique external "Dynamic Exterior Lighting" system. The order was placed in 2016-Q1. The innovative lighting system provides stunning visual effects (color, movement, and video) to the vessel's exterior. The technology is based on custom-designed and individually controlled LED RGBW lighting units. Wartsila Funa specializes in audio, video and lighting control design for large land-based public facilities (including theme parks, attractions, museums) and for cruise ships.
Ship's first Captain (Master) was Jukka Silvennoinen.
In late-September 2019, GHK (shipowner) sold Genting Dream (via sale-and-leaseback deal) to a consortium of three Chinese banks. The liner was sold for USD 900 million (~EUR 805 million) or 80% of its current market value (EUR 1,055 billion / USD 1,18 billion). According to a previous filing, as of June 30, 2019, the vessel's unaudited net asset value was ~USD 862,5 million (~EUR 777,3 M). The deal was finalized on January 15, 2020. The liner was immediately bareboat chartered (leased back to GHK) for 12 years, which means it will be purchased back by GHK in 2031.
The vessel's sale and leaseback transaction was with a 4-party consortium of Chinese financial companies - Bocomm Leasing (Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co Ltd, 2007-founded), CMB Financial Leasing Co Ltd (part of China Merchants Bank), CCB Financial Leasing Corporation Ltd (part of China Construction Bank) and CDB Leasing (China Development Bank Financial Leasing Co Ltd). GHK's Financial advisor was DNB Markets (2003-founded, part of DNB Bank ASA / fka DnB NOR Bank).
Genting Dream refurbishment 2020 review
In January 2020, the cruise ship was drydocked for 3 days at Sembcorp Marine Shipyard (Singapore) for general maintenance works and technical updates. During the drydock was installed a new dual water hybrid scrubber (exhaust gas cleaning system, supplied by Valmet) and 2 new overboard discharge valves (for the Valmet scrubbers). Maintenance works also included hull cleaning, swimming pools modifications (for reducing the vessel's draft/draught) and equipment tests - conducted by specialists from the companies Wartsila (engines), ABB (propulsion system) and DNV GL (classification society). Refurbishment works / new flooring received the World Buffet (Lido restaurant).
Cruise Itineraries 2017-2018
Genting Dream is departing from Singapore between December 3 (2017) and March 25 (2018), operating on the following itinerary routes:
- 2-Night Weekend Cruise (Every Friday)
- 5-Night Singapore-Kuala Lumpur-Penang-Phuket Cruise (Every Sunday on Odd Week)
- 5-Night Singapore-Surabaya-North Bali Cruise (Every Sunday on Even Week)
- 12-Night B2B cruise (back-to-back) combining the above 3 itineraries with the alternative of a land hotel instead of the weekend cruise.
In September 2017, CLIA Australasia (abbrev "Cruise Lines International Association") held its annual "Masters Conference 2017" onboard Genting Dream. The conference sessions were lead by Scott Koepf (motivational speaker) and were focused on the cruise industry's trends and how travel consultants can benefit from the sector’s growth. The annual event is open to consultants with "CLIA Ambassador" level accreditation and employed by CLIA member travel agencies. Masters Conference 2017 commenced in Hong Kong (China) on September 16. All booked travel agents enjoyed 1-night pre-cruise accommodation before boarding the ship for a 5-night cruise to Japan visiting Naha (Okinawa Island) and Miyakojima. Participation fees were included in cruise prices (USD 1880 pp double occupancy/airfare excluded).