MS Amadeus Silver II current position
MS Amadeus Silver II current location is at Europe Inland (coordinates 48.31342 N / 14.31884 E) cruising en route to LIL. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Amadeus Silver II
|Year built||2015 / Age: 8|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland)|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1770 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Amadeus Silver 3, Amadeus Imperial, Amadeus Cara, Amadeus Riva|
|Owner||Luftner Cruises GmbH|
|Operator||Amadeus River Cruises|
MS Amadeus Silver II Review
Review of MS Amadeus Silver II
The 2015-built Amadeus Silver II cruise ship is a 170-passenger riverboat owned by the Austrian company and shipowner Luftner Cruises and operated via the Luftner-owned travel brand Amadeus River Cruises.
MS Amadeus Silver 2 has four decks - Sun Deck (open-air) plus 3 interior passenger decks named after famous Austrian composers - Haydn, Mozart, Strauss. The riverboat has 12x Amadeus Suites (27 m2, with step-out balconies), 54x French Balcony cabins (18 m2) plus 18x Window cabins (18 m2, with non-opening windows).
All staterooms offer as standard amenities twin beds (convertible to Queen-size double bed), mirrored vanity table with chair, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), direct-dial phone, TV, seating area (2 armchairs with round-shaped coffee/dining table), floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (slide-opening to French Balcony), en-suite bathroom (WC, single-sink vanity, shower, hairdryer). Ship's suites additionally offer fully-stocked minibars (not complimentary), corner sofa (daybed), walk-in wardrobe, step-out balcony.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
On Amadeus Silver 2 ship, all meals are served at Panorama Restaurant (located forward on Strauss Deck 2). The Restaurant offers light bites (early breakfast) and buffet breakfast. Lunch is either buffet-style or sit-down (waiter-served). All dinners are 5-course gourmet dining affairs with complimentary regional wines. All produce is locally-sourced and seasonal. Guests can also indulge in Afternoon Tea & Cake service, midnight snacks and 24-hour coffee/tea station.
The best place on the boat for spending leisure time is the Sun Deck (deck 4). It provides top-deck views of the riverside scenery, plenty of sitting (deckchairs, sunloungers, shaded seating areas covered by retractable awnings), putting green (mini-golf course), Giant Chessboard, Shuffleboard. The sundeck area is served by Lido Bar (light snacks and beverages). Sun Deck's fore-located Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is passenger accessible and telescopic (can be lowered for passing under low bridges).
- (Mozart Deck 3 forward) Panorama Lounge & Bar is the show lounge with floor-ceiling windows, comfortable furniture, full-service Bar. The Lounge also serves the company's enrichment program with port talks, destination/itinerary-themed lectures and media presentations, themed parties, crew show, live music and dance performances by local artists boarding the ship.
- (Mozart Deck 3 aft) Amadeus Club is a stylish wine bar with Internet stations. It also doubles as Library.
- (Mozart Deck 3 midship) Cafe Vienna is the ship's bakery/patisserie/coffee house serving Austrian specialty coffees, fresh-baked homemade cakes, tarts, light pastries and other gourmet desserts.
- (Mozart Deck 3 bow) River Terrace is a glass-shielded room (wind-rain-protected outside lounge) accessible via Panorama Lounge or via stairs from Sun Deck.
- Spa (massage room), Hair Salon (hairdresser), Gym (fitness room)
The ship has no swimming pool or outdoor Jacuzzi. One elevator (passenger lift) connects all cabin decks. Wi-Fi costs extra and is with shipwide coverage. On all tours/shore excursions are offered complimentary bikes (mounted on the Sun Deck) and wireless audio systems.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.