Mariner Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Mariner Of The Seas
|Builder||KVAERNER MASA-YARDS INC. TURKU NEW SHIPYARD|
|Year of built||2003|
|Gross Tonnage||138279 gt|
|Passengers||3110 - 3732|
|Decks with cabins||7|
Review of Mariner Of The Seas
Launched in 2003, Mariner of the Seas is the 5th Voyager-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Adventure, Explorer, Navigator and Voyager. The ship cost US$650 million to build and was last refurbished in 2014, with next scheduled refit in 2017.
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 138,279-ton, 3,114-passenger cruise ship Mariner of the Seas is largely the same as her siblings, but Mariner was the first of its class to get Royal Advantage upgrade treatment as part of a US$300 million initiative to create uniformity across the Royal fleet and add signature elements represented first on the 5,400-guest Oasis-class vessels. As such, cruisers who sail on a Voyager-class ship are able to experience a number of twists beyond the signature ice rink, rock-wall and Royal Promenade.
Cruise itinerary program
Mariner of the Seas itinerary program is based on Asia cruises with roundtrip departures from Singapore, Shanghai and Tianjin. Feature destinations are South Korea and Japan from China, and Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam from Singapore.
Most Mariner of the Seas staterooms are 150-sq.foot insides (480). Almost 50% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1557 staterooms in 25 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Mariner of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1335 ft2 - more than 120 m2!).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Mariner of the Seas features a 3-deck main restaurant with music-themed design. Each of its three levels has an appropriate musical name. The von Trapp family tableau adds charm to the room. A nice touch is also the live music on upper landing of ship's staircase. However, the primary dining experience aboard Mariner includes two alternative restaurants. A steakhouse atmosphere is offered at Chops Grille. Giovanni's Table is an Italian themed restaurant that serves Caprese salad, herb foccacia, pasta and braised meat dishes. Both are reservation-preferred eateries (book up early, since reservations can be made pre-cruise, online). Giovanni's levies a US$20 surcharge; Chops Grille is US$30.
Follows the complete list of Mariner of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Rhapsody In Blue Restaurant (735-seat aft Dining Room with fixed seating for Dinner; offers reservations-only DreamWorks character themed breakfasts)
- Top Hat and Tails Restaurant (502-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with two fixed seatings)
- The Sound Of Music Restaurant (544-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with Club Dining at 6:00 or 8:30 p.m. and "Your Time Dining" 6:00-9:30 p.m.)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (348-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Johnny Rockets Restaurant (72-seat burger bar, extra fee applied)
- Giovanni’s Table (88-seat Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Chops Grille (80-seat steakhouse/seafood)
- Boardwalk Dog House (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Mariner of the Seas improvements, added in April 2012, include the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, a devoted space for the under 3 years (boosting the family-friendly appeal for a vessel which is already extremely family friendly); the addition of the casual, surcharge-free dining venue, Boardwalk Dog House; a new family-style Italian eatery, Giovanni's Table (that replaced the more stylish Portofino); a huge outdoor TV screen by the swimming pool; shipwide Wi-Fi; flat-panel TV's in each stateroom; a new Diamond Club for the line's Diamond loyalty members; and an interactive digital Wayfinder system which lists onboard facilities, all activities and customized directions.
Follows the complete list of Mariner of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Savoy Theatre (1362-seat, features two grand productions per night with dance, acrobatics, comedy and game shows)
- Screening Room (60-seat cinema)
- Studio B Lounge (904-seat indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Dragons Lair Disco & Nightclub (240-seat)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery (art auctions are organized in the 308-seat Lotus Lounge)
- The Centrum (social hub); Boleros Lounge (74-seat); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (26-seat; suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge & Bar; Diamond Club Lounge & Bar (27-seat, past guests only); 40-seat jazz club); Cloud 9 cocktail lounge (28-seat); Seven Hearts card room (30-seat)
- Schooner Bar (130-seat piano bar); Connoisseur Cigar Club (30-seat smoking lounge); Plaza Bar; Sky Bar
- Casino Royale (418-seat)
- The Golden Room (casino quests VIP lounge, invitation only)
- Cafe Promenade (105-seat, 24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs); Sea Trek Dive Shop
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Solarium lounge (includes Park Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Outdoor movie screen
- Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Mariner Dunes Golf Course; Inline Roller Skating Track
- Skylight Wedding Chapel (40-seat, provides religious services).
Mariner Of The Seas wiki
Year built 2003
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3110 (3732 max) / 1200
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 138,280 tons / 1022 ft (311 m)
Flag State (registered in) Bahamas
Ship builder Kvaerner Masa (Finland)
Building cost USD 650 mill
Ship owner Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL)
Christened by Jean Driscoll
Official website link RoyalCaribbean.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Mariner Of The Seas related cruise news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Mariner Of The Seas Itineraries 2016
The below listed Mariner Of The Seas cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Mariner Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Mariner Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Mariner Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Mariner Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.