MS Viking Spirit Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Viking Spirit
|Year built||2001 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards (Kinderdijk, Holland)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Ellen-Karine Hagen|
Review of MS Viking Spirit
MS Viking Spirit riverboat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France. Viking Spirit is the last one of all four "old design" Viking River Cruises France ships series , with sisters Viking Neptune (now Verdi), Viking Pride and Viking Europe (currently Carmen). Launched in 2001, these riverboats set the highest bar for river cruising in Europe introducing modern-designed public areas and wraparound Promenade Decks areas. Each boat accommodates 150 passengers in spacious staterooms.
On board ship you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe) in 5 grades). Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - none
- Balcony Staterooms - none
- French Balcony Staterooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (Picture Window) - Standard (12x E, deck1), and Deluxe - 22x A (deck3), 25x B (deck2), 8x C (deck2) and 8x D (deck2).
See Europe while sunbathing on the beautiful Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cozy Spirit Restaurant (dining room), Observation bar and lounge with panoramic windows. Other amenities include Spirit Atrium (lobby), Library, Shop (gifts, souvenirs).
Viking Spirit cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all France tours/excursions and land transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
Viking Spirit river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Spirit's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Spirit river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans (optional tour to Versailles Palace), afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
- "FRANCE’S FINEST" is a combined "Normandy-Burgundy-Provence" river cruise itinerary from Paris to Avignon. It includes round-trip Seine cruising from Paris, motorcoach transfer between Paris and Chalon-sur-Saone, embarkation and Saone and Rhone river cruising to Avignon on a different Viking ship in the region.
Next is listed an exemplary itinerary with port dates:
- 6-day from Paris - Nov 07 (Paris, dep), Nov 08 (Vernon), Nov 09 (Rouen), Nov 10 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 11 (Les Andelys), Nov 12 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 13 (Paris)
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Viking Spirit wiki
To/from Viking Spirit boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
Viking Spirit is the last vessel in a series of four Viking river cruise ships in France. The newest series Viking longships cruising in France includes Buri, Delling, Forseti, Heimdal and Hermod (B2B river travel deals).
The Viking cruise ship Spirit was launched in 2001. It was christened by mrs Ellen-Karine Hagen - wife of Torstein Hagen (major shareholder, chairman and CEO of the Viking cruise company). The ship’s christening ceremony was held at the Merwede Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Griessendam, South Holland).