Resorts World One current position
Resorts World One current location is at South East Asia (coordinates 1.25095 N / 103.61121 E) cruising en route to MY PKL > SG PWBGA. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Resorts World One
|Year built||1999 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||268 m / 879 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||75338 gt|
|Passengers||1856 - 2800|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||SuperStar Leo (Norwegian Spirit)|
|Former names||Explorer Dream (Dream Cruises GHK), SuperStar Virgo (Star Cruises)|
|Christened by||Grace Chen (Dream Cruises GHK)|
|Owner||GHK-Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Resorts World Cruises (Asia)|
Resorts World One Review
Review of Resorts World One
The 1999-built Resorts World One cruise ship was launched as "SuperStar Virgo" (for Star Cruises) and operated under the name "Explorer Dream" (for Dream Cruises) in the period 2019-2022. Both companies (Star Cruises and Dream Cruises) were fully owned by the Malaysian corporation Genting Group.
History - construction and ownership
Genting Cruises was one of the world's largest cruise companies and the biggest (by fleet/passenger capacity) on the Asia-Pacific market. The company was listed on the Singapore Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Star Cruises was established as an associate of Genting Group of Malaysia, incorporated on November 10, 1993, in Bermuda (corporate headquarters in Hong Kong). The first ships were two cruiseferries bought from the bankrupt Swedish company Rederi AB Slite. Star Cruises purchased several other second-hand vessels in the following years. In 1998, the company acquired its first newbuild - SuperStar Leo (now Norwegian Spirit for NCL). The sistership SuperStar Virgo (Explorer Dream) followed in 1999.
The 2800-passenger ship Explorer Dream was constructed in Germany by Meyer Werft (Papenburg Shipyard) and delivered to Star Cruises on August 2, 1999. In March-April 2019, the boat was drydocked in Singapore for a complete redesign and refurbishment, then transferred from Star Cruises to Dream Cruises.
Decks and Cabins
Explorer Dream/Resorts World One staterooms (928 total) are in 4 main types - Interior, Oceanview (with either Picture Window or Porthole Window/both non-opening), Balcony staterooms (with step-out private verandas), and Suites (in categories Palace Suite, Palace Deluxe Suite, Palace Penthouse, Palace Villa).
The Palace complex is an exclusive "ship-within-a-ship" boutique shopping enclave spreading the aft sections of decks 9-10-11. The Palace houses a total of 46 ultra-premium accommodations (with chic Italian decor) and exclusive VIP facilities like a sundeck (with a large swimming pool/ aft on Deck 10), a dining venue (Palace Restaurant, serving signature European and Asian gourmet cuisine specialties) and a bar lounge (Genting Club). The Palace Reception (an exclusive service desk) and the dedicated Dream Butlers team offer unparalleled expertise and the highest level of hospitality.
The boat has 13 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 7 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The onboard cruising experience is "freestyle" which means passengers have the choice to dine when, where and with whom they choose. All Main Dining Room meals are complimentary.
Follows the complete list of the ship's restaurants and food bars.
- Pavilion Restaurant (complimentary restaurant)
- Dream Dining Room is a complimentary restaurant with wall-to-wall/floor-to-ceiling windows and fitted with predominantly 6-seat round tables.
- Seafood Grill by Mark Best is a specialty restaurant serving premium meats and fresh seafood dishes from a menu created by the Australian chef Mark Best. Seafood Grill also has an extensive beverage menu.
- Palace Restaurant (only available to The Palace guests)
- Silk Road offers traditional dim sum along with Cantonese cuisine
- "Mozzarella Ristorante e Pizzeria" features a modern fusion of classic Italian pizzas and dishes with a Japanese twist
- "Umi Uma Sushi and Teppanyaki" (Japanese Restaurant)
- Hot Pot is a noodle bar offering traditional Chinese cuisine and beverages, including a selection of traditional soups.
- The Lido and Lido Grill
- Bread Box (shop), Candy Kingdom (candy store), Gelateria (Italian ice-cream shop)
- The Little Cake Cafe (patisserie) offers artisanal chocolates and decadent cakes.
- Matcha Ice offers signature Asian desserts (including from Japan and China)
In late-July 2020, Dream Cruises debuted (on MS Explorer Dream) the "Flexi-Feast" - a completely customized shipboard dining (food and beverage) concept that allows passengers to choose from more venues. Upon boarding the ship, cruisers receive a set of complimentary dining vouchers which can be used at designated restaurants, as well as OBC (onboard credits) for ordering meals at specialty restaurants, beverages at bars and also for room-service orders.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The peacock-inspired Zodiac Theatre offers Broadway-style live shows. The ship also boasts with the ESC Experience Club for Virtual Reality games and the Action Zone for conventional gaming. Guests can indulge in a variety of spa treatments at the onboard Crystal Life Spa. Those who prefer to stay active can head to the gym, jogging track, or Sportsplex. The Parthenon Pool deck houses the waterslide Caesar's Slide. The Little Dreamers Club is where kids can enjoy workshops, costume parties, games, and a DJ booth.
Follows the complete list of the ship's lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues (for adults and children).
- Zodiac Theatre hosts Broadway-style live production shows
- Observation Deck
- Captain's Observation Lounge - via the educational gallery, guests can Play Captain for a day
- Function 8 is a meeting room for group events or conferences
- The Dream Boutiques
- Genting Club
- Palm Court is a forward/bow-facing observatory lounge with slanted windows (providing 270-degree ocean views), a large dance floor, premium plush seating (armchairs and low tables).
- Humidor Cigar Lounge
- The Zone is a multipurpose lounge with game consoles (an Action Zone for conventional gaming)
- Photo Corner
- SPA (with a reflexology lounge, private treatment rooms, and saunas), Beauty Sanon, and Gym
- ESC Experience Lab is a gaming venue dedicated to VR/Virtual Reality and AR/Augmented Reality games.
- Parthenon Pool is the ship's main swimming pool flanked by two jacuzzies/whirlpool hot tubs. Parthenon Pool deck has a stage (for live band music performances), a large LED screen and also houses the Caesar's Slide (waterslide).
- A stage for live bands and a LED screen
- International Room
- Premium Room
- Resorts World at Sea
- Mahjong Lounge
- Blue Lagoon
- Grand Piazza with Reception, Dream Elite Member Information Centre, Shore Excursions/Future Cruise Sales/Box Office, and Meetings/Future Cruise Sales
- Lobby Cafe
- Little Dreamers Club is a children's venue for workshops, games, and costume parties and has a DJ booth.
- Sun Deck with a Sun Deck Bar
- Jogging Track
The aft-located SportsPlex doubles as Helideck (has a helipad/helicopter-landing platform used in cases of emergency).
In January 2021, Dream Cruises introduced with Explorer Dream the company's culinary program "Taste the Dream - Wine and Dine at Sea". The new program (European cuisine-themed) debuted in Taiwan and features traditional food specialties from England, Iberia, Italy and Central France. The program's signature menu was developed by Chef Reinhard Mammes (Dream Cruises' Executive Chef).
(Resorts World Cruises) Resorts World One itineraries
MS Resorts World One starts operations for Resorts World Cruises with the Maiden Voyage departing Hong Kong on March 10, 2023.
Resorts World One's itinerary program is based on short breaks from Hong Kong (2-night and 3-night roundtrips) offering three voyages weekly with departures on Fridays, Sundays, and Wednesdays.
(Dream Cruises) Explorer Dream itineraries
Starting operations for Dream Cruises in April 2019, MS Explorer Dream was homeported in Shanghai and Tianjin during summer. For winter season 2019-2020, the liner was deployed in Australia and New Zealand with homeporting in Sydney NSW and Auckland NZ. The program included 21x 7-day itineraries.
- 6x 7-day "Queensland and the Barrier Reef" itineraries (starting October 27, 2019) visit Mooloolaba, Newcastle, Brisbane, Gladstone.
- 8x 7-day "Tasmania Island and Melbourne" itineraries (starting February 9, 2020) visit Port Arthur, Burnie, Hobart, Melbourne, Phillip Island, Eden.
- 7x 7-day "North and South New Zealand" itineraries (starting mid-December) visit Wellington, Dunedin, Milford-Doubtful sounds, Napier, Bay of Islands, Picton, Akaroa, Gisborne.
Following the Coronavirus crisis, in 2020 (March-June) Explorer Dream resumed voyages on July 26st, with a new (2-night and 3-night) short breaks from homeport Keelung/Taipei (Taiwan). The new itinerary visited Taiwan's Peng Hu Island (Magong), Matzu Island, Kinmen island and Hualien.
In late-September 2020, Dream Cruises launched Explorer Dream's new "Discover Taiwan" itinerary program with short breaks (1-2-3-4-5-night roundtrips out of Keelung) visiting Anping Tainan, Penghu, Kaohsiung, Hualien, plus scenic cruising around Guishan Island (Yilan) and Keelung Islet. Shorter (3-4-night) roundtrips visited Penghu, Kaohsiung, Hualien. The 2-night roundtrips visited only Anping (Tainan). Explorer Dream's "Discover Taiwan" also offered 1-night cruises (around Keelung Islet and Guishan Island) and a 2-night voyage to Ishigaki Island.
Resorts World One - user reviews and comments
Photos of Resorts World OneAdd Photo
Resorts World One ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Resorts World Cruises announces voyages from Hong Kong aboard Resorts World One (fka Explorer Dream)
Resorts World Cruises, a line with itineraries within Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia by Genting Dream announced voyages from Hong Kong with...January 14, 2023
- Cruise Industry
MS World Dream ship, one of the prime assets of the bankrupt Genting Cruise Lines (part of GHK-Genting Hong Kong), was set for auction 9 months after...December 1, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Resorts World Cruises announced the start of its 3- and 5-night cruises to Phuket (Thailand) from Kuala Lumpur (via Port Klang Malaysia) and...November 8, 2022
- Cruise Industry
A mega cruise liner that used to be operated by Genting Cruise Lines via Dream Cruises (GHK/Genting Hong Kong-owned company) is due to sail from...May 18, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Genting Cruise Lines restarted sailings in Taiwan with Explorer Dream ship on December 31 after the halt due to the COVID outbreak in May 2021...January 2, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Genting Cruise Lines announced the restart of sailings in Taiwan with Explorer Dream ship beginning on December 31 after stopping due to...December 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Taiwan's Minister of Transport Wang Kuo-Tsai revealed today that the CECC (Central Epidemic Command Center) had approved a plan for Explorer Dream...December 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Since domestic cruises in Taiwan have been suspended for half a year, Keelung City's Mayor Lin Yu-chang last week urged the country to find a balance...December 8, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Explorer Dream ship debuted in Taiwan as the world's first cruise liner to resume passenger shipping operations in Asia since July 2020. The island...April 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The new signature culinary program of the GHK-owned company Dream Cruises - “Taste the Dream - Wine and Dine at Sea”, debuts in Taiwan on...January 17, 2021
- show more news
Other Resorts World Cruises cruise ships
Resorts World One Wiki
In the period 1999-2019, the vessel was operated by Star Cruises (GHK's subsidiary, sister-brand of Dream Cruises) under the name "SuperStar Virgo".
In May 2018, Genting Cruise Lines signed a partnership deal with Wirecard (digital payments / online shop development company) for implementing a fleetwide onboard payment system. The system ("Quick Pay") was first installed on World Dream and Genting Dream, then launched on SuperStar Virgo (Explorer Dream). "Quick Pay" allows passengers to be in full control of their onboard money spending - including pre-authorized limits, account management, monitoring, paying the total bill at disembarkation. The technology is based on scanning individual QR codes (during check-in, in staterooms or via the ship's intranet network, then selecting the "Quick Pay" option. Payments can be made via Alipay (Chinese online payment platform) and the credit cards Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Diners Club, JCB, UnionPay. The mobile app allows passengers to set up pre-authorized amounts for themselves, as well as for friends and family members.
In 2018, Genting Cruise Lines signed an agreement with Okinawa Agricultural Cooperatives Association and Leospo Inc. Following the partnership, on select GHK-owned liners is offered Okinawa-sourced food and local produce. The new onboard dining options include the famous Okinawa Wagyu beef and Okinawa Agu pork. The offer is available on select ships and during summer when they cruise to Okinawa. In 2018 (April through November), these premium food specialties were available on World Dream, SuperStar Aquarius, SuperStar Gemini, SuperStar Virgo. The exclusive gourmet dishes are served via specially designed theme menus. They also include the traditional Japanese dishes Shabu Shabu (with ingredients stirred in cooking pot) and Teppanyaki (iron griddle cooked food), as well as BBQ Okinawa Agu Pork and the wok-fried Okinawa beef (with bitter gourd garlic) and Okinawa beef rib eye (with sweet plum sauce).
Explorer Dream ship's hull art was designed by the NYC-based Chinese artist Kuri Huang. The artwork has Dream-brand's signature mermaid icon. Ship's godmother is Grace Chen - a very successful Chinese fashion designer, Founder and Chief Designer of "Grace Chen Couture" (brand established in 2009 as one of China's major fashion companies), as well as Chinese alumni of New York's Fashion Institute of Technology. Liner's christening ceremony was on April 11, 2019, held in homeport Shanghai. Mrs Chen also presented an exclusive onboard fashion show during the inaugural cruise.
Following the acquisition, vessel's registry/flag-state was changed from Panama (MMSI 357271000 of SuperStar Virgo) to Bahamas (MMSI 311000165 of Explorer Dream).
Explorer Dream refurbishments review
The ship's last drydock was in 2021 (February 19-25) conducted at CSBC Kaohsiung Shipyard (Kaohsiung Taiwan).
Vessel's 2019 drydock (USD 56 million refurbishment project) added new facilities and amenities, including The Palace - an exclusive ship-within-a-ship suite complex with over 40 new staterooms served by dedicated butlers. The Palace passengers also enjoy beverage and dining privileges and exclusive activities, like fashion workshops with Chen and Connoisseurs Circle (club amenities).
Other new venues added in 2019 include Zodiac Theater, ESC Experience Lab (virtual reality room), Palm Court (observation lounge), redesigned Atrium Lobby, new restaurants (Mozzarella Ristorante and Pizzeria, Umi Uma Sushi and Teppanyaki, Seafood Grill by Mark Best).
SuperStar Virgo's last drydock refurbishment (by Star Cruises) was in 2014 January (5-29). The USD 19,7 million renovation project resulted in upgraded staterooms, hotel services, new dining options, renovation of all recreational facilities, refitted 270 balcony cabins, 560 m2 public spaces expansion, adding new shops.
SuperStar Virgo review
In 2016 was officially announced that SuperStar Virgo will offer roundtrip itineraries out of China's Port Nansha-Guangzhou in 2016. In 2017, the ship was homeported in Kaohsiung-Taichung (Taiwan). The Hong Kong-based company confirmed two itineraries per week leaving from Nansha-Guangzhou - the largest city of Guangdong province (Southern China) and located close to Hong Kong City. The itineraries were a 3-day cruise to Hong Kong, and a 6-day cruise to Vietnam (Halong Bay, Danang-Hue) and Sanya China.
In March-May 2018, SuperStar Virgo was homeported in Manila Philippines for roundtrip themed cruises to ports in Taiwan and Japan. Ship's itinerary program from The Philippines (March 5 through May 29) included a total of 18 roundtrips visiting Ishigaki (Japan) and Keelung (Taiwan), as well as Naha (Japan) and Keelung. Both Japan and Taiwan don't require visas, which is convenient and cost-saving for the Filipinos cruisers. In September-November 2018, SuperStar Virgo was homeported in North China (Dalian, Qingdao, Tianjin).
SuperStar Virgo had a total of 935 staterooms in 18 categories. The largest cabins were the Executive Suites (60 m2 / 650 ft2). All staterooms offered as standard amenities electronic safe box, flat TV, individually controlled air-conditioning, mirrored vanity/dressing table with chair, double bed (convertible to twins), en-suite bathroom. Suites were designed with a separate sitting/sleeping areas, scenic balcony views, bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs.
The onboard cruising experience was "freestyle" which means passengers had the choice to dine when, where and with whom they choose. All Main Dining Room meals were complimentary. Follows the complete list of SuperStar Virgo restaurants and food bars.
- Bella Vista Restaurant (560-seat, International cuisine)
- Samurai Restaurant
- Mediterranean Restaurant (Buffet-style restaurant, offers International cuisine of high quality with fresh ingredients - a hallmark of Star Cruises)
- Tai Pan (a la carte Chinese restaurant for more upscale Chinese cuisine)
- Tatami Room (with sliding screens, floor-level seating and low tables; Japanese cuisine)
- The Noble House (multi-course Chinese banquet)
- The Pavilion Room (family-style Chinese restaurant)
- The Taj (Indian restaurant)
- Palazzo (Italian)
- Blue Lagoon (serves fast food and snacks)
The vessel featured an art gallery, a video game arcade, Jacuzzis, and nightly live music. The Star Cruises' vessel was perfect for family holidays, romantic excursions and group adventures. The amenities on board the cruise ship were planned to suit every cruise style. During the evenings, guests could take advantage of the main performance theatre, The Lido, producing and hosting cabaret shows, magicians, musicians, and other talented acts. There were also a couple of themed bars - Celebrity vodka bar, and Bellini champagne bar.
Music artists from Hong Kong and Taiwan (including Richie Ren, Andy Hui, Michael Wong, Tiger Huang, Michael Tse, William So, Edwin Siu, Johnny Yip, Bo Luk) performed in The Lido on a weekly basis. The liner also featured "BEATSHIP by ZOUK" (onboard nightclub party), an illusionist show, the Broadway opera "Memory Lane" (featuring the best of Shanghai and Hollywood from the 1950s).
Follows the complete list of SuperStar Virgo lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Star Club; Grand Piazza
- The Promenade; Lobby Boulevard; Sunset Boulevard
- Oscar's Hair & Beauty Salon; Apollo Spa & Fitness Centre; Universal Gym
- VIP Room; Genting Club; Activity Centre
- Cafe Gelato; The Observatory
- Bellini (jazz bar)
- Galaxy of the Stars Lounge (with 360-degree views)
- The Den (you can see the Captains working and the ship's "Hall of Fame")
- Samson's and Delilah's (steam, sauna and massage rooms for men/women)
- Star Boutique; Wine Shop; Internet Cafe; Photo Gallery; Card Room
- The Lido (Theater); Starlight Video Arcade
- Charlie's Childcare, Computer World, Starlight Cinema
- Neptune's Wet & Wild; Jumbo Chessboard; Table Tennis
- Pool Deck, Pool Bar, 3 pools, 5 Jacuzzis; Mega Waterslide; Sun Deck; Jogging Track.