Specifications of ms Nieuw Rotterdam
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 480 million (USD 520 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Holland America Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||297 m / 974 ft|
|Beam (width)||34 m / 112 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||99800 gt|
|Passengers||2668 - 3210|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||MS Koningsdam, MS Nieuw Statendam|
|Former names||MS Nieuw Ryndam|
ms Nieuw Rotterdam Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Aug 01||21 days, one-way from Trieste to Amsterdam||Trieste||$3629|
|2021 Aug 01||7 days, one-way from Trieste to Civitavecchia||Trieste||$1399|
|2021 Aug 08||21 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Amsterdam||Civitavecchia||$3439|
|2021 Aug 08||14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Amsterdam||Civitavecchia||$2399|
|2021 Aug 08||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Rotterdam||Civitavecchia||$2159|
|2021 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas||Amsterdam||$1199|
|2021 Aug 22||21 days, round-trip Viking Sagas Northern Isles||Amsterdam||$3819|
|2021 Aug 29||21 days, round-trip Northern Isles Norse Legends||Amsterdam||$3819|
|2021 Aug 29||14 days, round-trip Northern Isles||Amsterdam||$2799|
|2021 Sep 12||14 days, round-trip Norse Legends Viking Sagas||Amsterdam||$2289|
|2021 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Norse Legends||Amsterdam||$1199|
|2021 Sep 19||21 days, round-trip Viking Sagas Jewels Of The Baltic||Amsterdam||$3819|
|2021 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas||Amsterdam||$1199|
|2021 Sep 26||24 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic European Capitals||Amsterdam||$4569|
|2021 Sep 26||14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic||Amsterdam||$2799|
|2021 Oct 10||24 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale||Amsterdam||$3239|
|2021 Oct 20||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale||Amsterdam||$1399|
|2021 Nov 03||7 days, round-trip Bahamas Key West||Fort Lauderdale||$999|
|2021 Nov 03||4 days, round-trip Bahamas Key West||Fort Lauderdale||$599|
|2021 Nov 07||3 days, round-trip Bahamas||Fort Lauderdale||$439|
|2021 Nov 10||21 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer Seafarer||Fort Lauderdale||$2679|
|2021 Nov 10||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1449|
|2021 Nov 21||21 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Seafarer Wayfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$2499|
|2021 Nov 21||10 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Seafarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1339|
|2021 Dec 01||21 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer Seafarer||Fort Lauderdale||$2299|
|2021 Dec 01||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1249|
|2021 Dec 12||21 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Seafarer Wayfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$2869|
|2021 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Seafarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1139|
|2021 Dec 22||18 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer Eastern||Fort Lauderdale||$2529|
|2021 Dec 22||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Wayfarer||Fort Lauderdale||$1849|
|2022 Jan 02||14 days, round-trip Eastern Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1529|
|2022 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$799|
|2022 Jan 09||14 days, round-trip Western Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1579|
|2022 Jan 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$799|
|2022 Jan 16||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$849|
|2022 Jan 16||13 days, round-trip Southern Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1509|
|2022 Jan 23||6 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$729|
|2022 Feb 05||15 days, round-trip Western Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1829|
|2022 Feb 05||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1009|
|2022 Feb 13||14 days, round-trip Tropical Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Feb 13||7 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Feb 20||14 days, round-trip Southern Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Feb 20||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Feb 27||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Feb 27||14 days, round-trip Eastern Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Mar 06||14 days, round-trip Western Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Mar 06||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Mar 13||14 days, round-trip Tropical Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Mar 13||7 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Mar 20||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Mar 20||14 days, round-trip Southern Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Mar 27||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Mar 27||14 days, round-trip Western Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Apr 03||14 days, round-trip Eastern Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1719|
|2022 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
|2022 Apr 10||7 days, round-trip Tropical Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$899|
ms Nieuw Rotterdam Review
Review of ms Nieuw Rotterdam
MS Nieuw Rotterdam cruise ship (initially named "Nieuw Ryndam") is the third vessel in the Holland America Line's fleet and one of the company's Pinnacle-class liners. Its sisterships are the fleetmates Koningsdam (2016) and Nieuw Statendam (2018). The new Rotterdam is HAL's 17th vessel built by Fincantieri. Pinnacle-Class are the newest and largest liners in the HAL's fleet.
On July 30, 2020, HAL announced that changes the ship's name from "Ryndam" to "Rotterdam" and that the newbuild will become the fleet's flagship. This is HAL's 7th liner to bear this name, The last Rotterdam cruise ship was sold in July 2020 to Fred Olsen and later renamed to "MS Borealis".
The new Rotterdam cruise ship is scheduled for delivery on July 30, 2021 (originally planned for May 31, 2021).
History - construction and ownership
Holland America Line (HAL) is a Seattle-based cruise company owned by Carnival Corporation (shipowner). Between 1873-1989, HAL was a Dutch cargo and passenger shipping company operating regular Transatlantic crossings between Holland and the Americas. HAL was founded in 1873 as "Dutch-American Steamship Company" headquartered in Rotterdam Netherlands. In 1989, HAL was acquired by Carnival Corporation for around EUR 530 million. Among the company's assets are the Westmark hotel chain (Alaska-Yukon), Worldwide Shore Services (warehouses-logistics) and Half Moon Cay (Caribbean private island).
The 3210-passenger cruise ship Rotterdam was initially named Nieuw Ryndam, which was was announced on April 7, 2019. The name honored company's first Ryndam ship, part of the fleet between 1901-1929. The ocean liner was originally named Rijndam - until 1923 when it received the English "Ryndam". In 1927, Ryndam I became HAL's first ship with a world cruise, although the liner was chartered as a floating school for that voyage. The 2nd (Ryndam II) liner served between 1951-1973. The 3rd (Ryndam, built 1994) was sold to the sisterbrand P&O Australia in 2015 and currently operated as Pacific Aria (now Aegean Goddess).
The new MS Rotterdam is named after Rotterdam City (South Holland, The Netherlands).
HAL’s ever-first ship was named SS Rotterdam, which maiden voyage (Rotterdam to NYC New York) departed on October 15, 1872. On April 18, 1873, was officially founded the Holland America Line. The 1878-built "SS Rotterdam II" was purchased from British Ship Owners Co in 1886. The 1897-built "SS Rotterdam III" served HAL until 1906. "SS Rotterdam IV" (1908-1940, capacity 3139 passengers + 472 crew) operated regularly scheduled Mediterranean cruises roundtrip from NYC. "SS Rotterdam V" (aka “The Grande Dame”, 1959-1997) started regularly scheduled Transatlantic crossings until 1969 when was converted into cruise ship. The vessel also operated Grand World Voyages and is currently moored in Rotterdam City serving as hotel ship and museum. "MS Rotterdam VI" (1997-built) is now the Fred Olsen's Borealis.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Nieuw Rotterdam itinerary program was announced in late-July 2020. The new ship's maiden season will be in Europe, with voyages in the Baltic Sea (Northern Europe) roundtrip from homeport Amsterdam Holland.
The inaugural cruise date is August 1, 2021. The 7-day itinerary is planned as one-way from Trieste to Civitavecchia-Rome. Between August 1 and October 10, the new ship cruises in Northern Europe visiting ports in Norway, the UK, Iceland. The last voyage in Europe for 2021 (Sept 26) is "Jewels Of The Baltic" (14-day roundtrip from Amsterdam to ports in Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia (St Petersburg), Finland, Sweden. The summer season ends with the 14-day repositioning cruise / Transatlantic crossing from Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale (Oct 10-24, 2021).
The new Rotterdam ship's homeport in the USA is Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale Florida). The Caribbean itineraries as call ports are yet to be announced.
Vessel's designers are two world-renown designer companies. The cruise ship design is by Y&S ("Yran & Storbraaten” /based in Norway) and "Tihany Design” (based in New York USA). Passenger cabins sizes vary from 16 m2 (Interior) to 35 m2 (Neptune Suite /aka premium balcony) and 90 m2 (Penthouse /fka Pinnacle Suite).
Ship's largest cabins are Pinnacle Suites (970 ft2). MS Nieuw Rotterdam boasts 1300+ passenger accommodations which received upgrades in both function and aesthetics. Four distinct color schemes identify the spa, suite, verandah, ocean-view and inside categories. Passengers enjoy the redesigned headboards with electrical and USB outlets on both sides of the bed, as well as stone tops on nightstands and decks, improved lighting and more storage.
The ship offers 27 handicap cabins. The total number of cabins is 1331 (of which 164 Suites, 748 Balcony, 147 Oceanview, 280 Inside rooms) in 35 cabin grades.
"Club Orange" program provides exclusive amenities to Suite passengers booked in categories Neptune and Pinnacle. Bonus perks by this program include:
- priority services (check-in, disembarkation, tendering, dining reservations)
- 24-hour concierge service (assistance, information, reservations)
- exclusive dining venue (serving complimentary Pinnacle Grill breakfast and Dining Room dinner, plus exclusive dishes)
- dedicated Concierge Desk (Guest Services and Tours)
- room service (a la carte breakfast menu with complimentary gourmet dishes - including smoked salmon, steak and eggs)
- sparkling wine (embarkation day), Club Orange tote bag, premium bathrobes (cabin use, available for monogramming and purchasing).
- Club Orange Restaurant is the former "Culinary Arts Center".
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Ship's 2-level main restaurant venue serves open-seating breakfast and lunch, as well as a blend of flexible and set-seating restaurant-style meals at dinner. Breakfast hours in the MDR vary but start as early as 7:00 a.m. on port days and 8:00 a.m. on sea days, wrapping up by 9:30 a.m. Breakfast fare includes bread, cereals, French toast, blueberry pancakes, corned beef hash, egg dishes and yogurt parfaits. Portions are on the smaller side, so better opt for a second pastry. Lunch in the MDR is typically limited to an hour per day (from noon to 1:00 p.m. on sea days; closed when the ship is in port for an entire day). If you see a line of guests waiting to be seated, do not be deterred as the line moves fast and the tables are plenty. Lunch fare includes sandwiches, soups, light salads, fish and heartier entrees.
Holland America is famous for its exceptional dining experiences on every voyage, but the line’s newest ships ms Koningsdam and ms Nieuw Statendam boast even more culinary options. Dining Room is a 2-deck high restaurant featuring floor-ceiling windows, curved architectural pillars (accentuating the high ceiling), modern glass lighting, custom-made furnishings. Restaurant's centerpiece is a copper sheath surrounding the 2-story wine tower showcasing an impressive premium wine selection. On the menu are HAL's classic selections, signature dishes, regionally inspired cuisine, Culinary Council recipes from the world-renowned chefs who compose the group, including Council Chairman and Master Chef Rudi Sodamin and international chefs David Burke, Elizabeth Falkner, Jacques Torres, Jonnie Boer and Mark Best.
In addition to Dining Room Restaurant, Nieuw Rotterdam offers fine dining in alternative restaurants, including redesigned Lido Market (with themed food stations) new French seafood brasserie Rudi’s Sel de Mer, new suite-exclusive experience in Club Orange Restaurant; Canaletto (Italian), Tamarind (Asian) and Pinnacle Grill.
Holland America Line (HAL) is partnering with microgreen specialist Koppert Cress. The aim of the project is to grow fresh ingredients onboard the newbuilds of the line, ms Koningsdam and ms Nieuw Statendam. The Koppert Cress partnership gives guests the chance to indulge in fresh microgreens grown onboard in ship's Culinary Arts Center and enjoy a farm-to-table-style dinner menu. The ingredients are on display in a glass-enclosed growing area in the Culinary Arts Center, which also serves as a dinner venue.
The wine-blending purpose-built room BLEND by Chateau Ste. Michelle seats up to 10 guests, who can learn about, taste wine and mix up to five wines thus creating their unique wine blends.
Follows the complete list of ms Nieuw Rotterdam/Ryndam restaurants and food bars.
- Pinnacle Grill (reservations-only seafood/steakhouse restaurant with fine wines selection; free for passengers under 12 yo). The venue transforms into “De Librije” (US$69-89) from time to time, inspired by the land-based Dutch restaurant De Librije with two Michelin stars. A wine tasting is included with the meal (four 2 oz. pours). A wine pairing is also available for an additional US$20 per person (four 5 oz. pours).
- Rudi’s Sel De Mer is dinner-only specialty restaurant serving French seafood. In comparison to Koningsdam's original Sel De Mer (upgraded during drydock 2018), the restaurant on Nieuw Statendam and Nieuw Rotterdam is by design larger (54 seats) but retains the curving shape and walnut wood-made, accordion-like column structure. The back wall is decorated with porcelain plates, all of which decorated with Chef Rudi’s Food Faces culinary pop art (via a partnership with Bernardaud - French porcelain masters). The food plates are arranged from classic ingredients (caviar, fruits, root vegetables, peppers, etc). In January 2018, HAL released the coffee table book "Food Faces" - available for purchase on the ship. Signature dishes in the a la carte menu include Rudi’s Seafood Tower, Fruits de Mer, Broiled Lobster Tail, Whole Dover Sole Meuniere, Clams au Beurre, Duck Cassoulet, Steak Tartare, Steak Frites, Souffle au Fromage, Salt Crust Baked Branzino. Signature desserts include Rudi’s Face to Face Chocolate, Rudi’s Souffle, Crepes Suzette, Profiteroles with Hot Chocolate Sauce, Apple Tarte Tatin, Artisanal French Cheese Plate.
- The Dining Room (aft Dining Room; features open seating Breakfast and Lunch, two Dinner options – 2 fixed seatings or “Any Time” dining between 5:15 p.m. - 9 p.m.)
- Lido Market (386-seat complimentary buffet restaurant; offers self-service Breakfast 6:00 a.m. -11 a.m., Lunch 11:30 p.m. - 2 p.m., Afternoon Tea, and Dinner 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Canaletto Restaurant (Lido Restaurant annex, operates as an Italian restaurant for Dinner, reservations required)
- Tamarind (Asiaspecialityty restaurant; reservations-only) - Tamarind restaurant on Nieuw Statendam is also expanded (compared to Koningsdam) by adding a new al-fresco (outdoor) dining area.
- Dive-In (complimentary fast-food bar)
- New York Deli (fast-food bar)
- Gelato (ice-cream parlor)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The World Stage is ship's main show (theater) lounge, featuring 270-degree LED screens for multiple stage configurations. Lido Pool (one of ship's 2 swimming pools) has an outdoor movie screen, 3 whirlpools and 2 levels of cushioned lounge chairs. The central pool area (Magrodome) is on 2 levels to create glass-enclosed space. The lower level has traditional poolside elements, while the mezzanine level offers more seating, a huge LED screen for poolside movies, Deli and Pizza (complimentary fast-food bars).
Onboard entertainment is taken to a new level with the Music Walk area featuring all music genres. Lincoln Center Stage is a collaboration with "Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts" featuring classical music with a quintet combining piano and strings. Additionally, the 2-tier Queen's Lounge features musical performances including the famous B.B. King's Blues experience and the biggest dance floor on Nieuw Statendam.
Other amenities include: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, supervised Kids Program ("Club Hal"), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi access, Laundry Rooms (Laundromats). Ship's laundry rooms are not self-service (no passenger-use laundrettes). Laundry services are offered via hotel staff and at an additional charge.
Follows the complete list of ms Nieuw Rotterdam/Ryndam lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrium (3-deck midship area with open-floor design and live performances). The Atrium features a stainless-steel sculpture emulating the sense of being inside and encircled by a musical instrument. The experience changes as passengers move around and through it, with no two perspectives being the same. The atrium is capped by Skylight (glass roof) which serves as the backdrop for HD video projections or live view of the stars.
- Stuyvesant Room (multi-purpose, used for cards playing, group meetings, presentations, “Club HAL” kids program)
- World Stage (theatre/main show lounge; also serves Holland America’s enrichment program (via a partnership with BBC Earth)
- Queen’s Lounge (2-tiered grand ballroom; also hosts HAL’s BB King’s Blues Club)
- Digital Workshop (powered by MS Windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- Shore Excursions Desk; 4 Meeting Rooms
- Culinary Arts Centre (offers culinary classes and cooking shows presented in demonstration kitchens)
- Signature Shops (boutiques for duty-free tobaccos and liquor, perfumes, watches, clothing, HAL logo merchandise, souvenirs); Marabella Luxury Shop; Dive-in (scuba and diving equipment)
- Piano Bar; Ocean Bar (Atrium bar and lounge, with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Billboard Onboard (sing-along bar with live music performances)
- Lincoln Center Stage (partnership with NYC “Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts”; dedicated to classical music)
- BLEND (glass-enclosed winery)
- Casino (served by Casino Bar and Sports Bar)
- Grand Dutch Cafe (Dutch-themed beverages and snacks)
- Panorama Bar
- Explorations Cafe (specialty coffee bar and patisserie; also serves as ship’s Library and Online Centre/Internet computers room)
- Explorer’s Lounge & Bar (lounge with bar; classical concert performances)
- Neptune Lounge (club venue for Deluxe Suite and Pinnacle guests only)
- Fitness Center (gym with separate Aerobics Room); 5 jacuzzis
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon; Lido Pool area, served by Lido Bar and Terrace Grill; Sea View Pool area served by Sea View Bar; The Retreat (adults-only)
- Crow’s Nest (observation lounge; bar and dance floor; becomes disco at night)
- Sport Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Sun Deck; Promenade Deck, Walking/Jogging Track
- Club HAL (kids lounge, complimentary youth programming)
- The Loft (teens club lounge area, with Video Games Arcade, computers, PlayStations; teen disco)
- Rolling Stone Rock Room is a new venue (classic rock club via a partnership with Rolling Stone Magazine) where are offered live 5-piece band performances. Rolling Stone Rock Room is part of Music Walk area (Plaza Deck 2), also housing HAL's popular music-themed venues BB King’s Blues Club, Billboard Onboard, and Lincoln Center Stage.
ms Nieuw Rotterdam - user reviews and comments
Photos of ms Nieuw RotterdamAdd Photo
ms Nieuw Rotterdam ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
HAL-Holland America Line announced the company's 2021-2022 Caribbean program. With itineraries ranging from 7- to 21 days, 6 HAL cruise ships will...January 12, 2021
- Cruise Industry
HAL-Holland America Line's MS Nieuw Rotterdam - the new ship currently under construction at Fincantieri Marghera (Venice) shipyard - was...October 1, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Five HAL-Holland America Line ships are scheduled to explore Europe in 2021, including ms Nieuw Rotterdam which is expected to debut at the height of...September 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation's subsidiary company HAL-Holland America Line announced that its newbuild ms Nieuw Ryndam will be renamed to ms Rotterdam (Nieuw...July 31, 2020
- Cruise Industry
HAL-Holland America Line - one of the Carnival Corporation's biggest subsidiaries - commemorated its 147th anniversary on Saturday, April 18, by...April 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The keel-laying ceremony for the new liner ms Nieuw Ryndam which Fincantieri is currently building for the shipowner Carnival Corporation (to be...November 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Holland America reached a major milestone in the building of their next Pinnacle-Class ship, ms Nieuw Ryndam, with the successful launch of the ship...October 13, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Holland America Line announced that its next Pinnacle-class liner will be named Nieuw Ryndam. The newbuild is scheduled for delivery in May 2021...April 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The steel cutting ceremony for the 3rd ship that Fincantieri is building for Holland America took place on Wednesday, March 13, at the shipyard in...March 14, 2019
- show more news
Other Holland America cruise ships
ms Nieuw Rotterdam Wiki
In late-January 2017, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced 2 more shipbuilding orders. The new liners were ordered for the brands Princess Cruises (Royal-class / Discovery Princess) and Holland America Line (Pinnacle-class / Nieuw Ryndam-Rotterdam). On January 19, 2017, Carnival signed an MoA (memorandum of agreement) with the shipbuilder Fincantieri to construct both vessels, with scheduled deliveries in 2021 (Ryndam/Nieuw Rotterdam for HAL, at Marghera yard) and 2022 (Discovery Princess, at Monfalcone yard). By the time when both shipbuilding contracts were finalized (February 2017), Carnival Corporation had a total of 19 new ships scheduled for deliveries between 2017-2022.
In 2019, Fincantieri had a total of 96 cruise vessels (built between 1990-2019) plus another 50 units on order or under construction. HAL's other "nieuw" named vessels are Nieuw Statendam (2018 - the 6th "Statendam" since company’s establishment in 1898) and Nieuw Amsterdam (2010 - the 4th Amsterdam-named HAL liner). The new Rotterdam is the 14th cruise liner built by Fincantieri Marghera for Holland America.
The vessel (Fincantieri Marghera Yard number 6278) is powered by four MAK marine diesel engines (model 12V43C) with combined power output 50,4 MW. The propulsion system is based on two ABB Azipods (azimuth thrusters) with combined output 28 MW.
Vessel's steel-cutting ceremony (hull number 6278) was held on March 13, 2019, at Fincantieri’s yard in Marghera (Venice). On October 3, 2019, at Fincantieri's Palermo Shipyard (Sicily) was launched the vessel's forward lower section. The ceremony was led by godmother (Madrina) Giuseppa Catalano who released a bottle of Champagne which smashed into the hull. This hull section (aka troncone) has length 82 m (269 ft), width 35 m (115 ft) and weighs 4400 tons. Following the launch, the section towed from Palermo and to Marghera, where the cruise liner is actually assembled. At Fincantieri’s Marghera Shipyard were also build other hull and superstructure sections.
On November 21, 2019, at Marghera Shipyard was held the vessel's keel-laying ceremony during which was placed the first hull block (14 m long, 34 m wide, weight 500 tons) part of the midship section. The ship was launched (floated-out from drydock) on October 1, 2020. The ceremony was attended by madrina/godmother Mai Elmar (Cruise Port Rotterdam's Executive Director), Cyril Tatar (Holland America Line's VP of Newbuilds) and Antonio Quintano (Fincantieri Marghera's Director).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2021
The ship's maiden voyage (first departure) is currently scheduled for August 1, 2021. Next tables show the inaugural itineraries (by theme) with lowest prices in USD per person (with double occupancy).
7-day Inaugural Cruise from Trieste to Civitavecchia-Rome ($1600 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|01 Aug 17:00||Departing from Trieste, Italy|
|03 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Port Cruz, Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|04 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|05 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Kerkyra, Corfu Island, Greece|
|06 Aug 10:00 - 18:00||Giardini-Naxos, Taormina, Sicily Italy|
|07 Aug 08:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|08 Aug 07:00||Arriving in Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
14-day Mediterranean to Baltic repositioning from Civitavecchia to Amsterdam ($2900 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|08 Aug 17:00||Departing from Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
|10 Aug 08:00 - 16:00||Alicante, Spain|
|11 Aug 08:00 - 23:00||Malaga, Spain|
|12 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|13 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Portimao, Portugal|
|14 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|15 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Porto-Leixoes, Oporto, Portugal|
|17 Aug 07:00 - 17:00||Brest, France|
|18 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Isle of Portland, Dorset, England|
|19 Aug 10:00 - 21:00||Zeebrugge-Bruges, Belgium|
|20 Aug 08:00 - 21 Aug 23:00||Rotterdam, Holland|
|22 Aug 07:00||Arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands|
7-day "Viking Sagas" itinerary ($1550 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 Aug 17:00||Departing from Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|24 Aug 08:00 - 18:00||Flam, Norway|
|25 Aug 10:00 - 19:00||Stavanger, Norway|
|26 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Kristiansand, Norway|
|27 Aug 08:00 - 16:00||Oslo, Norway|
|29 Aug 07:00||Arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands|
14-day B2B (Northern Isles) from $3000 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|29 Aug 17:00||Departing from Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|31 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Bergen, Norway|
|01 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Molde, Norway|
|03 Sep 11:00 - 20:00||Akureyri, Iceland, Lake Myvatn|
|04 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Isafjordur, Westfjords Iceland|
|05 Sep 08:00 - 06 Sep 15:00||Reykjavik, Iceland|
|08 Sep 10:00 - 18:00||Lerwick, Mainland Shetland, Scotland|
|09 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Invergordon, Scotland|
|10 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Leith-Edinburgh, Scotland|
|12 Sep 07:00||Arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands|
7-day "Norse Legends" itinerary ($1450 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|12 Sep 17:00||Departing from Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|14 Sep 07:00 - 15:00||Eidfjord, Hardangerfjord, Norway|
|15 Sep 08:00 - 23:00||Alesund, Norway|
|16 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Geiranger, Norway|
|17 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Bergen, Norway|
|19 Sep 07:00||Arriving in Amsterdam, Netherlands|
14-day Transatlantic repositioning from Europe to USA (Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale) - from $1600 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Oct 17:00||Departing from Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|11 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Zeebrugge-Bruges, Belgium|
|12 Oct 08:00 - 20:00||Le Havre-Paris, France|
|13 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Isle of Portland, Dorset, England|
|14 Oct 10:00 - 18:00||Brest, France|
|17 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores|
|24 Oct 07:00||Arriving in Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), Florida|
Godspeed to the new ship!
ms Nieuw Rotterdam User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review