Review of AmaWaterways
Here we list all AMA river cruises 2016-2017 ship itineraries, destinations and ports of departure. We have all AMAwaterways ships schedules (sail calendar with dates and prices PP). Special feature is our AmaWaterways cruise tracker integrated in each page. It shows on a map the riverboat's location now (current position on the river). AmaWaterways is one of the world's biggest river cruise lines with operations in Europe, Asia (Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia) and Africa. The majority of their deals are on Western Europe river cruises (Danube, Rhine, Main, Mosel and Rhone rivers).
AMA River Cruises
AmaWaterways was founded in 2002 by the trio of river cruise executives Kristin Karst, Jimmy Murphy and Rudi Schreiner. AMA river cruise line operates across three continents, providing 30 unique itineraries and various destinations throughout Asia, Africa and Europe, although the majority of AMA cruises take place on the Western Europe's Rhine, Main, Mosel, Danube and Rhone Rivers. AmaWaterways company is a member of the well-known Cruise Lines International Association.
AmaWaterways cruises offer 9 to 27-days itineraries, visiting the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hungary, Czech Republic, Latvia, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia. Eight of the European itineraries also feature wine-themed activities, such as tours of: on the Rhine - Berg Rottland Winery at Rudesheim; on the Danube - Loisium Winery at Krems, and on the Moselle River: Bergweiler Winery in Bernkastel. AmaWaterways African River Cruise and Safari was introduced in 2012 and visits Chobe River, Botswana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. Unlike other itineraries, it focuses on exotic wildlife with game viewing, fishing excursions and visits to local villages. AmaWaterways offers attentive service and deluxe amenities to its guests. Most of their ships feature French Balconies, Twin Balcony staterooms, choice of indoor/outdoor dining venues, in-room internet access and heated swimming pools. The line strives to reach the ideal staff-to-guest ratio and passengers capacity is limited to just 164 guests on cruises to Europe, 220 to Russia, Africa, Vietnam and Cambodia. With elegant dining areas and contemporary design of lobbies along with artwork, the idea of best luxury river cruise was achieved. AMA cruises offer luxury hotels' accommodations. Buffet breakfast each morning, terry bathrobes and plush bedding are also a plus to relax. Gourmet dining with free-flowing beer, soda and wine, along with complimentary cappuccino and espresso are served with every meal. AMA passengers are also pampered with a cocktail reception, welcome dinner and nightly onboard entertainment. Every stateroom has infotainment system with TV and complimentary internet. The comparison of all AmaWaterways cruise ships and their river sailing routes, ports of departure and all destinations will give you the important info on home-port and itinerary changes in the line's new program. The AmaWaterways cruise company was founded in 2002, with headquarters in Chatsworth, California (USA). AMAwaterways ships are operated/represented on the UK and Australia markets by the APT cruise and tour operator via a partnership APT - AmaWaterways Gmbh.
- itineraries are from 9 to 27 days in length, also featuring "wine-themed" cruise tours (Bergweiler Winery (Bernkastel, on Moselle River), Loisium Winery (Krems, on Danube), Berg Rottland Winery (Rudesheim, on Rhine). On your Ama itinerary you'll enjoy visiting magnificent cities and historic places, castles and fortresses, and all the amazing scenery.
- the list of operational destinations and countries (with some of the world’s most remarkable waterways) includes: (in Europe) Austria-Belgium-Bulgaria-Croatia-Czech Republic-France-Germany-Holland-Hungary-Latvia-Luxembourg-Romania-Serbia-Spain-Switzerland; (in Asia) Cambodia-Russia-Vietnam. In 2012, this line introduced its "African River Cruise & Safari" special visiting Chobe River (running through South Africa-Botswana-Kenya-Zimbabwe-Tanzania). The AmaWaterways African cruise offers great fishing excursions, visiting local villages, exotic wildlife and game viewing (operated with smaller boats and by vehicle).
- convenience - your Ama ship always docks in the heart of towns and cities or by some magnificent castle and other popular local landmarks.
- luxury river cruise deals all-Inclusive - your sightseeing/shore excursions, city tours, premium dining, free drinks (wine, beer, soda, espresso, cappuccino with every meal) and impeccable service are all included in the cruise fares, plus a complimentary bicycle, free Internet/WiFi access, live on-board entertainment.
- 5-star luxury hotel amenities, exquisite staterooms with French Balconies, Twin-Balcony rooms, a variety of in- and outdoor dining venues, heated onboard swimming pools, attentive and highly personalized service by a high staff-to-guest ratio, contemporary designs of public spaces, elegant dining venues.
- gourmet cuisine & premium open seating dining experiences - daily buffet breakfast, special selections of European wines with lunch and dinner, a cocktail reception, a welcome dinner.
- cabin amenities - terry bathrobes, luxurious plush bedding.
- The partnership company is APTouring.com
The following YouTube video provides a review of the experience on AMA river cruises in Europe. Next YouTube video reviews the AMAwaterways cruises in Asia - Vietnam (Mekong River) itineraries.
Itinerary of AmaWaterways
AmaWaterways itinerary program is focused mostly on the European waterways, offering cruises on the rivers Rhine, Rhone, Danube, Douro, Seine, Main and Mosel. The line operates a fully-owned fleet of river cruise ships, but also uses boat charterers for operating remote destinations. South America, Africa and Asia AMA river cruises (in Russia, Vietnam and Cambodia) are operated mostly through leased vessels.
- AmaBella (launched 2010) - Danube River - Belgium, Holland, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Slovakia
- AmaCello (launched 2008) - Rhine River - France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland
- AmaCerto (launched 2012) - Danube and Rhine Rivers - France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey
- AmaDagio (launched 2006) - Rhone River cruises in France
- AmaDante (launched 2008) - Danube River
- AmaDara (launched 2015) - Mekong River cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia
- AmaDolce (launched 2009) - Rhine, Main, Mosel and Danube Rivers - Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia
- AmaKatarina (launched 1981, refurbished 2011) - Volga River cruises in Russia
- AmaKristina (launched 2016)
- AmaLegro (launched 2007) - Seine and Rhone cruises in France, also with departures from Spain
- AmaLotus (launched 2011) - Mekong River cruises in Cambodia and Vietnam
- AmaLyra (launched 2009) - Main, Mosel, Rhine and Danube Rivers - France, Luxembourg, Germany, Holland, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia
- AmaPrima (launched 2013) - Danube, Rhine and Main Rivers - France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Czech Republic, Serbia, Turkey
- AmaPura (launched 2014) - Asia (Irrawaddy River cruises in Myanmar/Burma) leaving from Rangoon
- AmaReina (launched 2014) - Rhine River - France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland
- AmaSerena (launched 2015) - Rhine and Rhine, Main and Danube - France, Switzerland, Holland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic
- AmaSonata (launched 2014) - Danube River - Austria, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic
- AmaStella (launched 2016)
- AmaVerde (launched 2011) - Danube River - Austria, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia
- AmaVida (launched 2013)- Douro River - Portugal, Spain
- AmaViola (launched 2016) - Danube River
- AmaVenita (launched 2015) - Rhine, Main, Danube
- Zambezi Queen (houseboat) (launched 2009) - under charter for Chobe River cruises in Botswana (departures from South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe)
- Century Legend and Century Paragon offer Yangtze River cruises in China. Both ships are privately-owned and operated by Viking under charter. These riverboats are also chartered by other major European lines, like Avalon, Viking and Uniworld.
AmaWaterways cruise tracker
Our AmaWaterways river cruise ship tracker is a function integrated into all our ship review pages. At page-bottom in each page you'll find a map with the boat's current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It's all about convenience - you will find where is your AmaWaterways ship cruising today and right now - along its current itinerary, in realtime!
Enjoy the "AMA luxury" cruising on your AmaWaterways vacations!
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaWaterways related cruise news
AmaWaterways eyes up opportunities to launch a river cruise ship to sail in India. The line marks its 15th anniversary in 2017, and chief executive...November 12, 2016
Carnival Vista, Crystal Mozart and Regent Seven Seas Explorer have been announced the best new cruise ships of 2016 in Cruise Critic Editors' Picks...October 13, 2016
River cruise company APT announced a return to Russia after 2 years, as well as new itineraries along Danube and Douro rivers. The...July 14, 2016
AmaWaterways christened its newest river cruise ship, AmaViola, on Wednesday (June 15), in the Bavarian town Vilshofen. Godmother Jackie Friedman...June 15, 2016
AmaWaterways is introducing its new river ships in Europe next year, a new itinerary in Bordeaux, France and more themed cruises focused on wine...May 21, 2015
Adventures by Disney announced its first-ever river cruise itineraries. Starting summer 2016, the 10-year-old company has teamed up with...April 15, 2015
River cruise lines that operate in Russia have announced cutbacks and cancellations for 2016 river cruise season. APT Tours and AmaWaterways...February 27, 2015