Harmony Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Harmony Of The Seas
|Builder||Saint-Nazaire (STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 1,35 billion|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||362 m / 1188 ft|
|Beam (width)||46 m / 151 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||227000 gt|
|Passengers||5475 - 6314|
|Decks with cabins||12|
|Christened by||Brittany Affolter|
Review of Harmony Of The Seas
Launched in 2016, Harmony of the Seas is the first of two identical Oasis 3 class cruise ships. The vessel is the new “world’s largest”, together with its Symphony of the Seas (scheduled delivery in 2018). The Harmony ship exceeds in size the original Oasis-class vessels Oasis and Allure. Its building cost is USD 1,35 billion (2014 shiporder rates).
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 227,700-ton, 6,360-passenger cruise ship Harmony of the Seas was ordered from STX France in December 2012. The contract was signed following a failed agreement with the Government of Finland concerning the building of the ship at STX Finland. Steel cutting started in September 2013. Harmony is often called a floating “megacity” and offers onboard opportunities that are countless. The ship comprises 7 neighborhoods, named Royal Promenade, Central Park, Boardwalk, Youth Center complex, Entertainment Zone, Sports Zone and Spa/Fitness complex.
A sister to the giant Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas (the current size leaders in cruise world), Harmony is heavier than its siblings by over 1,700 tons, more than three meters wider, and able to accommodate 100 more passengers. The total capacity of the newest Royal Caribbean ship is well over 6,000 guests. The ship debuted in May 2016 in Southampton, UK.
Harmony of the Seas features a multi-deck water slide area that is a first for Royal Caribbean. It is also the first Oasis class ship with robot bartenders serving drinks in the Bionic Bar, a concept that debuted in 2014 on Quantum of the Seas. Harmony has bigger cabins than Allure and Oasis in some categories, and windowless interior cabins outfitted with Virtual Balconies, offering a real-time view of the outdoors (first debuted in 2014 on Navigator of the Seas).
Harmony's Suite passengers benefit from exclusive new areas including a suite lounge, private restaurant called Coastal Kitchen and full-service Suite Sun Zone. New restaurants include the Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine eatery which first debuted on Quantum. Also added to Harmony is the modern Mexican restaurant Sabor, recently added to Allure and Freedom of the Seas.
Harmony's first cruise with paying travelers is scheduled for May 22. Following an initial series of Mediterranean sailings, the ship will reposition to Fort Lauderdale, to offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages.
The largest cruise ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, left port for the first time on March 10, 2016 as it set sail from France with no cruise passengers (but still needs 500 crew). The 6,000-passenger ship, which weighs 227,000 tonnes and cost almost £0.8 billion to build, was on her first-ever sea trial. The purpose of the trial was to test the ship's engine and manoeuvre.
Harmony of the Seas, which is nearly 330 ft longer than Titanic, has 500 of her maximum 2,000 crew aboard for tests. The vessel stretches to 1,187 feet and is 165 feet longer than the Eiffel Tower.
Harmony of the Seas was helped from Saint-Nazaire port by 6 tug boats. The ship continues its sea trial until March 13. 3 pilots who have trained on a simulator in Nantes for the past one year, helped the captain in the manoeuvres needed to guide the ship out of Saint-Nazaire estuary.
Even when the 210 feet tall ship was miles away from western France, Harmony could be seen from the shore line as thousands of spectators gathered to see her on the water for the first time.
Guests will be entertained in luxury staterooms and suites across the 18 decks of the enormous ship. There are several promenades, two FlowRiders and two rock-climbing walls on the vessel.
There is also an ice-skating rink and state-of-the-art theatre with Broadway-style productions and aerial acts. The ship boasts The Ultimate Abyss that flings thrill-seekers down 10 decks, at over 150 feet above the waves.
Royal Caribbean took delivery of the world's largest cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas, in Saint Nazaire, France on May 12, 2016.
Royal Caribbean turned Harmony of the Seas naming ceremony at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) into technology demonstration, using line's robotic bartenders as part of the exciting process. The ship was christened on November 10, 2016 by Brittany Affolter, a 23-year-old Teach for America educator in Miami who won a contest for teachers which drew more than 1,000 nominees.
On the next YouTube video you can see the most prominent features and the ship construction process of Oasis 3 class - the world’s largest ever cruise liners.
Cruise itinerary program
Harmony of the Seas itinerary program is based on 7-night Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale FL. Harmony itinerary program features an Inaugural cruise season in Europe with Mediterranean itineraries and round-trip departures from Rome and Barcelona.
Most Harmony of the Seas staterooms are 180-270-sq.foot Balcony rooms (1772). There are a total of 2744 staterooms in 43 categories. 46 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Harmony of the Seas are the Royal Loft Suites (142 m2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Harmony of the Seas offers two new Dynamic Dining options. The “Classic” features dining schedule with early or late seating, which rotates through each of the main dining rooms. Guests will meet the same dining mates and waiters each evening of their cruise. The “Standard” means that passengers have to make reservations in any of the dining venues, including those at fee. Ship’s 3-tiered dining room, the Quantum is designed as three separate restaurants situated on different decks – American Icon Grill (Deck 3), The Grand (Deck 4) and The Chic (Deck 5). Harmony also includes some Quantum restaurants, such as Sabor Modern Mexican, Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, Coastal Kitchen. Ship's Bionic Bar is famous for its dancing robot bartenders. Its location is on the Royal Promenade. The Izumi Restaurant features a la carte hibachi, teppanyaki and sushi menu.
Follows the complete list of Harmony of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- American Icon Grill (a la carte restaurant; offers open seating breakfast, lunch, “Brasserie 30” menu; with two assigned dinner seatings and Private Dining area. American Icon Grill is one of the three main dining rooms by dynamic dining concept and “My Time Dining”)
- The Grande (ship’s second dining room by line’s dynamic dining concept; offers DreamWorks themed breakfast, two fixed dinner seatings and "My Time Dining")
- Chic (features an expansive menu of dinner options; two seatings and “My Time Dining” program)
- Johnny Rockets (128-seat fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Sabor (Mexican a la carte restaurant, reservation-only, with “Playground” kids area)
- 150 Central Park (76-seat specialty restaurant, dinner only)
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine (gourmet dishes)
- Windjammer Marketplace buffet restaurant (offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Giovanni’s Table (96-seat Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Chops Grille (steakhouse/seafood)
- Sorrento’s (Italian restaurant)
- Izumi (Asian/Japanese restaurant)
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining)
- Coastal Kitchen (Grand Suites’ and above passengers, Pinnacle members)
- WipeOut Cafe (fast food bar)
- Boardwalk Dog House (complimentary)
- Park Café (deli bar, casual-dining)
- Mini Bites casual eatery.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The new Harmony of the Seas ship is a novelty mixture of Oasis-class deck layout and Quantum-class innovations. The brand-new additions include the first-ever Royal Caribbean waterslides created by ADE (Aquatic Design & Engineering); climbing play area for kids; Suite Sun Zone; Starbucks coffee bar and classic video games arcade located in the Boardwalk neighbourhood; 15 Studio cabins designed for solo travelers. Among the new technologies on the Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas are the RFID wristbands or "WOWbands" - an optional choice to replace the line’s SeaPass cards, allowing passengers to do purchases onboard and to access their cabins. Typically, the wristbands are offered complimentary to all passengers. However, on Anthem of the Seas RCI charges US$5. Junior Suite and above guests still receive the wristbands for free.
The Harmony cruise ship also boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - a themed programming in partnership with the Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet & greets (of course, plus photo ops). Character Breakfast is offered in the dining room; 3D DreamWorks movie screenings are featured in the Amber Theater; Themed games are provided by “Adventure Ocean” youth program. A new Adventure Ocean Theater show named Away We Go!, was also announced for Harmony of the Seas. It is a black light puppet show for the 3-11-year old set. An additional part of the onboard kids' programming is the YouTube show "Muffalo Potato," teaching kids to draw anything using just letters and numbers.
Follows the complete list of Harmony of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Theater (features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances and Broadway-style productions)
- Studio B Lounge (indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- AquaTheatre (2-deck, 600-seat, with a deep pool)
- Entertainment Place nightclub; ”The Attic” Comedy Club; Diamond Club Lounge & Bar (past guests only); Jazz on 4 Bar & Club; On Air Club (karaoke bar); Boleros Latin Bar & Lounge; Boot & Bonnet Pub; Rising Tide Bar (moving cocktail bar); Bionic Bar; Schooner Bar (piano bar); Starbucks Bar; Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar; Vintages (wine bar); Trellis Bar; Rising Tide Bar; Dazzles (2-deck music and dancing lounge); Suite Sun Deck, Bar & Lounge; Sky Bar
- Art Gallery; Focus Photo Gallery & Shop
- Boardwalk neighborhood (with games and attractions)
- Central Park (outdoor area with live plants)
- Carousel (with handcrafted wooden figures)
- Casino Royale; Card Room
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; Explorers, Aquanatus, Adventure Science Lab; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Fuel Teen Disco; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Kids’ Avenue; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family & kids area
- Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer; tennis tables); FlowRiders (surf simulators); Zip Line (82 ft/25 m); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Walls; Harmony Dunes Mini Golf.
This YouTube video reveals the Harmony ship's Art Collection highlights.
Harmony Of The Seas wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 43
- Total number of cabins: 2744 (of which 200 Suites, 1800 Balcony rooms, 720 adjoining)
- Dining Rooms: Adagio
- Restaurants and food bars: 25 onboard dining options (14 are complimentary, including room-service), Windjammer (buffet), 150 Central Park, Park Cafe (deli), Giovanni’s Table (Italian), Rita's Cantina (Mexican), Samba Grill (Brazilian), Izumi (Japanese), Chops Grille (steakhouse), Cupcake Cupboard, Johnny Rockets, Dog House (burgers), Solarium Bistro.
- Lounges & Bars (total of 35 bars and cafes): Amber, Studio B, Boleros, Aquatheater, nightclubs (Dazzles, Blaze, Club 20, Entertainment Place), teens (Living Room, Back Deck), Pinnacle (and Wedding Chapel), Concierge, Diamond, Viking Crown, Adventure Ocean (kids), Jazz on 4, Comedy Live, Bow & Stern (pub), Starbucks, Vintages, Trellis, Rising Tide, On Air Club, Schooner, Boardwalk, WipeOut, Mast, Sky, Ice Cream, poolside bars.
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program Voyagers (from 9 to 11 years), Explorers (6 to 8 yr), Aquanauts (3-5yr), Royal babies and tots (from 6 months to 3 years), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
- Adults only areas (Solarium, Comedy Live), two SPAs (Vitality, YSPA/teen), Nursery, 9 jacuzzis (2 cantilevered), 4 pools, 7 neighborhoods, Carousel, Water Park, two Rock-climbing Walls, Zip Line, Ice-skating Rink, two FlowRider simulators (onboard surfing), fullsized basketball court, Mini Golf Course, Outdoor Theater, Puzzle Break room, roller skating and jogging tracks.
- Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas cruise ship is the line's third Oasis-class vessel - after her also "very big" sisters - the Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas. These ships are the biggest cruise vessels in the world. Still, Harmony is the first in that list, being just 2,15 m (7 ft) longer.
- Royal Caribbean planned the ship's cost per berth to be lower compared to Allure and Oasis.
- Like the sisters, the "new Oasis ship" has telescoping funnels to be able to sail under bridges.
- Harmony was ordered in 2012 (December 27). Steel cutting began in 2013 (September 23).
- In mid October 2015 was announced that before the European inaugural season, Harmony will offer (off-schedule) two mini cruises from UK (round-trips from port Southampton England). These were on May 22, 2016 (5-days / 4-nights Southampton to Rotterdam Holland) and May 27, 2016 (4-days / 3-nights Southampton to Cherbourg France). The Harmony ship spent its 2016 summer in Europe, operating 7-day round-trip cruises leaving from Barcelona (home-port) and Civitavecchia-Rome.
- In the USA, Royal Caribbean home-ported Harmony in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Florida. Round-trip departures from Port Everglades (winter 2016-2017) will offer 7-night long itineraries visiting popular ports of call in the Eastern and Western Caribbean. The itinerary program will be similar to the one currently operated by Allure of the Seas, and will include The Bahamas (Nassau), St Thomas, St Maarten, Jamaica (Falmouth), Haiti (Labadee), Mexico (Cozumel).
Harmony Of The Seas related cruise news
The largest cruise ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, docked for the first time in Puerto Rico as the United States' territory reports a tourism...December 29, 2016
Launched in 2016, Harmony of the Seas is the first of two identical Oasis 3 class ships and the new “world’s largest”, together...November 28, 2016
Harmony of the Seas departed on her maiden voyage from the new home port at Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Royal Caribbean’s 226,963 GT...November 13, 2016
Royal Caribbean turned Harmony of the Seas naming ceremony at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) into technology demonstration, using line's robotic...November 11, 2016
For the first time since her debut in April 2016, the newest and largest cruise ship of Holland America arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday...November 10, 2016
The largest cruise ships in the world, Royal Caribbean's three Oasis-class ships, met for the first time Friday, November 4. The three megaships...November 6, 2016
Broward County’s Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) launches the new U.S. CBP (Customs and Border Protection) approved MPC (Mobile Passport...November 4, 2016
A historic voyage is underway as the largest cruise ship in the world is now on her epic transatlantic journey. Royal Caribbean's newest and...October 29, 2016
Royal Caribbean found its Godmother for line's newest cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas. That person is Brittany Affolter, South Florida educator...October 26, 2016
Enjoy this overview of Harmony of the Seas like you have never seen. The largest cruise ship in the world is packed with bold and unexpected...October 22, 2016
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Harmony Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Harmony Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|07 Jan||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|08 Jan 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|10 Jan 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|11 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|14 Jan||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|21 Jan||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|22 Jan 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|24 Jan 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|25 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|28 Jan||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|04 Feb||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|05 Feb 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|07 Feb 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|08 Feb 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|11 Feb||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|18 Feb||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|19 Feb 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|21 Feb 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|22 Feb 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|25 Feb||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|04 Mar||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|05 Mar 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|07 Mar 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|08 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|11 Mar||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|18 Mar||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|19 Mar 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|21 Mar 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|22 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|25 Mar||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|01 Apr||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|02 Apr 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|04 Apr 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|05 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|08 Apr||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|15 Apr||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
|16 Apr 07:00 - 14:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|18 Apr 10:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|19 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|22 Apr||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Florida|
Harmony Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Harmony Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.