AIDAaura current position
Current itinerary of AIDAaura
AIDAaura current cruise is 12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 2. The itinerary starts on 22 Sep, 2022 and ends on 04 Oct, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 Sep 18:00||Departing from Bremerhaven, Bremen, Germany hotels|
|24 Sep 10:00 - 21:00||Isle of Portland, Weymouth, Dorset England|
|25 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Falmouth UK, England|
|26 Sep 08:00 - 19:00||Saint-Malo, France|
|27 Sep 16:00 - 28 Sep 17:45||Rouen, France|
|30 Sep 05:00 - 19:00||London-Tilbury, England|
|01 Oct 10:00 - 02 Oct 20:00||Antwerp, Belgium|
|04 Oct 08:00||Arriving in Bremerhaven, Bremen, Germany hotels|
Specifications of AIDAaura
|Year built||2003 / Age: 19|
|Builder||Aker MTW Werft (Lloyd Werft Wismar, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||202 m / 663 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42289 gt|
|Passengers||1266 - 1300|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Heidi Klum|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Aug 20||21 days, round-trip Island Gronland 2||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Sep 10||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 2||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Sep 22||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 2||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Oct 04||14 days, round-trip Golf Von Biskaya 2||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Oct 18||27 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Cape Town||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Oct 18||9 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria||Bremerhaven|
|2022 Oct 27||18 days, one-way from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Cape Town||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria|
|2022 Nov 14||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2022 Nov 28||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2022 Dec 12||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2022 Dec 26||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Jan 09||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Jan 23||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Feb 06||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Feb 20||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Mar 06||27 days, one-way from Cape Town to Hamburg||Cape Town|
|2023 Mar 06||17 days, one-way from Cape Town to Santa Cruz de Tenerife||Cape Town|
|2023 Mar 23||10 days, one-way from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Hamburg||Santa Cruz de Tenerife|
|2023 Apr 02||14 days, round-trip Grose Norwegenreise||Hamburg|
|2023 Apr 30||5 days, round-trip Schottische Highlights 2||Hamburg|
|2023 May 05||7 days, round-trip Schottische Highlights 1||Hamburg|
|2023 May 12||14 days, round-trip Golf Von Biskaya 1||Hamburg|
|2023 May 26||14 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 1||Hamburg|
|2023 Jun 09||7 days, round-trip Schottische Highlights 1||Hamburg|
|2023 Jun 16||10 days, round-trip Norwegischer Mittsommer||Hamburg|
|2023 Jun 26||12 days, round-trip Schottische Inseln Irland||Hamburg|
|2023 Jul 08||21 days, one-way from Hamburg to Bremerhaven||Hamburg|
|2023 Jul 29||21 days, round-trip Island Gronland 2||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Aug 19||21 days, round-trip Island Gronland 2||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Sep 09||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 2||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Sep 21||12 days, round-trip Frankreich, Belgien Grosbritannien 2||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Oct 03||9 days, round-trip Belgien, Grosbritannien Frankreich||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Oct 12||46 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Cape Town||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Oct 12||13 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Santa Cruz de Tenerife||Bremerhaven|
|2023 Oct 25||14 days, round-trip Azoren Kanaren||Santa Cruz de Tenerife|
|2023 Nov 08||19 days, one-way from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Cape Town||Santa Cruz de Tenerife|
|2023 Nov 27||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Dec 11||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2023 Dec 25||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2024 Jan 08||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2024 Jan 22||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2024 Feb 05||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2024 Feb 19||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
|2024 Mar 04||14 days, round-trip Sudafrika Namibia||Cape Town|
Review of AIDAaura
The 2003-built AIDAaura cruise ship is one of the two smallest AIDA vessels. The "AIDA Selection" fleet also includes AIDAvita (sistership).
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travelers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner) in 2003. AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 1300-passenger ship AIDAaura was the third vessel joining AIDA fleet. The cruise ship is a larger and better version of the original Aida (now AIDAcara).
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Decks and Cabins
AIDAaura staterooms (633 total, in 9 grades) include 2 Suites, 62 Balcony, 357 Oceanviews and 214 Inside cabins. The largest accommodations are the Forward-Facing Premium Suites (sized 355 ft2 / 33 m2 plus private sundeck terrace sized 270 ft2 / 25 m2).
The boat has 12 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are a couple of bigger restaurants onboard, the one of which is called the Calypso and the other - Markt Restaurant. Both offer open-seating, buffet meals. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge during meals at the buffet restaurants. There are also several beverage packages that may be bought at reduced rates. The extra-tariff a la carte Rossini includes waiter service and near-gourmet food with good quality.
Follows the complete list of AIDAaura restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (a speciality, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Calypso Restaurant (the second main dining room; complimentary buffet restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDAaura entertainment facilities include the theatre (Das Theater) - the largest public room onboard, and the huge AIDA Bar & Anytime Disco. The SPA Body & Soul and fitness Fit & Fun center are also big enough. A pool area is provided with a deck built like a beach - with many palm trees, artificial rock formations, volleyball and basketball courts. AIDAaura guests may choose from several shore excursion options. For example, on Grand Cayman island cruisers could try snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, horseback riding, or there is an option to spend spare time on shopping trips or visit the island's pristine beaches.
Follows the complete list of AIDAaura lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age-appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has an outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is available shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Ocean Bar (cocktail bar with outdoor seating)
- The Theater (750-seat, 2-level main show venue for large-scale show productions; also hosts daily lectures, trivia games, Bingo)
- Conference Room (45-seat Konferenzraum / Seminarraume; part of the venue is the AIDA TV Studio, producing video films related to AIDAaura itinerary and activities, and a daily radio program)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie) sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists. It hosts art auctions with "Blind Dates".
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewelry, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Nightfly Bar (adults-only cocktail bar & nightclub with panoramic windows and live music entertainment)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sports Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Mini Golf (indoor putting green area); Golf simulator (virtual golf courses)
- Sunbathing area (Freibereich, served by the Pool Bar and the Pool Grill /American fast-food fare)
- The Hemingway Lounge (the Library /Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek / disco & nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- Time Tunnel (Video Games Arcade with Playstation consoles)
- Waikiki Lounge (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups - Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Sports deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court for basketball/volleyball)
- Pool deck (with one swimming pool, 3 whirlpools, Pool Shop for towels, deck games - Shuffleboard, Giant Chess, Table Tennis, Backgammon, sunbathing areas; a stage for live performances, bingo evenings, nightly pool parties, laser shows is also available)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, indoor whirlpool, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers and 2 whirlpools; the ship's Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sun loungers)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track
AIDAaura itinerary program is based on South Africa roundtrips (from homeport Cape Town) and Iceland-Greenland and Northern European voyages from Germany (homeports Hamburg and Bremerhaven). In Europe are visited popular port cities in the UK (England, Scotland, Ireland), France, Belgium, Spain.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, the AIDA ship Aura was paused for 2+ years (March 2020 thru April 2022) and scheduled to resume passenger shipping operations on April 15th (2022).
AIDAaura - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAauraAdd Photo
AIDAaura ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Another liner can be seen at Liverpool's cruise ship terminal this weekend, on her first visit since 2019. The Carnival Corporation-owned...May 28, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On Saturday, May 7, AIDA Cruises' ship AIDAaura became the 12th vessel in the fleet to depart from Hamburg (Germany) on a 14-day voyage to Scotland...May 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
AIDAluna was the first AIDA cruise ship to arrive in Пort Kiel (Germany) this season on April 25, 2022. A total of 4 ships in the AIDA fleet ...April 28, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned company AIDA Cruises is further expanding its Selection program. AIDAselection voyages will be offered and further...January 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises opened for booking its winter 2022-2023 winter program. The itineraries range from voyages to the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and the...August 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Germany's extended lockdown (until at least January 31) and new Coronavirus (COVID-19) related restrictions, such as the further limitation of...January 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
For nearly a month (since July's last week), two German cruise liners have been waiting in Port Tallinn Estonia for a return departure date. The stay...August 22, 2020
Passengers on an AIDA Cruises liner berthed in southern Norway were cleared out of a 24-hour quarantine after two of them tested negative for...March 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises is sending 8 ships to the Elbe River during the 2020 cruise season. The vessels will dock in the Hanseatic City a total of 97 times...February 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Port Saint Petersburg Russia announced it had finished the 2019 navigation on October 21, with the departure of the German liner AIDAaura. During the...December 8, 2019
- show more news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
Aura is AIDA Kreutzfahrten's 3rd liner, with sistership AIDAvita. Shortly before vessel's delivery, Carnival Cruise Lines merged with P&O Princess forming Carnival Corporation. This way, AIDA became part of world's largest cruise company - Carnival Corporation & PLC.
AIDA Aura ship carries its own fleet of complimentary bicycles for passenger use in ports of call along the itinerary. Inside the ship, a significant amount of space is devoted to sports. The onboard language is German as the majority of AIDA's customers are German-speaking Europeans (Germans, Austrians, Swiss). AIDA customers tend to be young and active; since older Germans gravitate to more traditional brands on the German-speaking market.
AIDAaura 2013 refurbishment review
Deck plan changes after the ship's 2013 drydock refurbishment (April 18-28, done in Trieste Italy) included newly added teen lounge Waikiki (on Deck 10) and new Art Gallery (on Deck 8). The fitness equipment was upgraded, and all floors were replaced.
- Waikiki Lounge is a beach bar exclusive for teenagers. It features floor-ceiling windows and is furnished with comfortable bean bags. Here are held parties, DJ workshops (mixing desk), Nintendo Wii game competitions.
- The ship's gym (part of the AIDA Body & Soul sports complex) received new cardio and weight equipment. Also added were new MyRide indoor cycles with virtual trainers.
- At the Art Gallery are displayed and available for purchasing well-known painters (including James Rizzi, Romero Britto, Udo Lindenberg). Onboard art auctions with "Blind Dates" are also regularly held.
On the ship were also changed carpets in most public areas (approx 1800 m2). The new carpeting is made from environmentally friendly and recyclable materials. The old carpets were recycled and used as fuel for cement production.
World Cruise 2019-2020
On Aug 3, 2018, were opened bookings for AIDA's 3rd world cruise (2nd on AIDAaura) leaving from Hamburg on October 28, 2019.
- The 117-day full itinerary (October 28, 2019, through February 22, 2020) had scheduled a total of 41 ports in 17 different countries, including Australia (5 ports), New Zealand (3 ports), South America - Tierra del Fuego (Chilean Fjords), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Pacific Ocean - Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Indian Ocean - Mauritius, South Africa, Namibia, Dakar, Canaries, stops in Lisbon and Le Havre (Paris).
- AIDAaura world cruise segments vary between 34-48 days (35-day Hamburg to San Antonio Chile, 48-day San Antonio to Mauritius, 34-day Mauritius to Hamburg). Segment prices started from EUR 4700 pp (including EUR 700 Early Saver discount for bookings made by May 31, 2019).
- New Year's Eve is in Mauritius.
World Cruise 2018-2019
On July 21, 2017, were opened bookings for AIDA's second world cruise on AIDAaura leaving from Hamburg on October 8, 2018.
- The 117-days long itinerary (October 8, 2018, through February 2, 2019) had scheduled a total of 41 ports in 20 different countries on 5 continents. Many of the visited destinations were maiden calls, including South Africa, Namibia, South Pacific (Melbourne Australia, Tasmania, Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia). Among the most popular port destinations along the itinerary route are South America (Rio de Janeiro Brazil, Buenos Aires Argentina, Ushuaia Chile), Santiago Chile, Easter Island, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Samoa, French Polynesia.Sydney Australia, Tasmania, Fremantle-Perth Australia, Madagascar, South Africa, Namibia.
- Passengers will also enjoy an onboard New Year's Eve party while the ship is in Mauritius.
- AIDA's 2018 world cruise pricess started from EUR 12995 pp (USD 15360 pp /inside cabin) and from EUR 16565 pp (USD USD 19580 pp / oceanview cabin).
Aura became the second AIDA liner to operate around the world voyage - following AIDAcara (in 2017). Cara's 116-days long itinerary (October 17, 2017, through February 10, 2018) visited a total of 41 ports in 23 different countries on 5 continents. The route was westbound, featuring 1 Transatlantic crossing and 1 Suez Canal transit.
AIDAaura User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review