Avalon Expression current position
Specifications of Avalon Expression
|Year built||2013 / Age: 7|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Main GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2775 gt|
|Passengers||84 - 166|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Envision, Avalon Illumination, Avalon Impression, Avalon Passion, Avalon View|
|Christened by||Patricia Schultz|
Avalon Expression Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Jul 07||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1674|
|2020 Jul 14||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$1924|
|2020 Jul 21||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2274|
|2020 Aug 11||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$1924|
|2020 Aug 18||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2073|
|2020 Sep 01||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2210|
|2020 Sep 08||14 days, one-way from Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhone to Amsterdam||Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhone||$4849|
|2020 Sep 08||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2345|
|2020 Sep 15||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2095|
|2020 Sep 22||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$1994|
|2020 Sep 29||7 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$1845|
|2020 Oct 06||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2277|
|2020 Oct 13||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1606|
|2020 Oct 20||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$1572|
|2020 Oct 27||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$1469|
Avalon Expression Review
Review of Avalon Expression
MS Avalon Expression boat cruises on Danube River departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Prague, and Nurnberg.
Avalon Expression cruise ship is part of Avalon Waterways cutting-edge Suite Ships. This magnificent riverboat features two decks of Panorama Suites, all with wall-to-wall windows, transforming the living space into an open-air unique balcony. The Panorama Suites boast 200 sq. feet, which is more than 30% than the standard, and affords passengers incomparable opportunity to face each morning the splendid scenery.
Avalon Expression has a total number of 84 cabins in 6 grades (of which 2 Royal Suite, 66 Panorama Suite, 16 with non-opening windows).
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- 2x "Royal Suites" (RS) - deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2
- Panorama Suites - P (x33, deck 3), A (x23, deck 2), B (x9, deck 2) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - D (x10, deck 1), E (6, deck 1) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
MS Avalon Expression onboard amenities include the Panorama Bistro alternative dining, expanded fitness center, spacious Sky Deck with lounge chairs, complimentary Wi-Fi access, whirlpool and al fresco lunches at Expression's Sky Bistro.
Avalon Expression restaurants include Expression (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Expression also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Expression Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Expression cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Expression cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Expression river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Expression cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Expression itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Tulip Time Cruise" is Springtime themed 8-days Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip, code WAA).
- (7-nights cruising) "Magnificent Europe" are 15-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest (Eastbound, code WAB), and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WBA).
- (7-nights cruising) “The Blue Danube Discovery” are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed “The Legendary Danube” – (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Nuremberg to Budapest (code WNBO) and the reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBNO).
- (3-nights cruising) "A Taste of the Danube" is 8-days river cruises from Vienna to Budapest (Eastbound, code WVB), and the reverse from Budapest to Vienna (Westbound, code WBV). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBVO, non-inclusive of Budapest hotel package).
- (7-nights cruising) "Capitals of Central Europe" are 10-days Danube river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WPB), and the reverse from Budapest to Prague (Westbound, code WBP). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Passau to Budapest (code WPBO, non-inclusive of Prague hotel package).
- (5-nights cruising) "Austrian Highlights and Bavaria" are 9-days river cruises from Munich to Vienna (Eastbound, code WPV), and the reverse from Vienna to Munich/Passau (Westbound, code WVP). Departures from Vienna include disembarkation in Passau, then bus travel to Munich (luxury hotel package included /2-night stay). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Vienna to Passau (code WVPO) and from Passau to Vienna (code WPVO).
Avalon Expression - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Expression Wiki
Expression is the 5th boat from Avalon's "Suite Ship" class. Among ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
Each Avalon "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
The Expression riverboat was launched on May 6, 2013. It was christened in Koblenz (Germany) by Mrs. Patricia Schultz - co-author of Berlitz travel guides and a bestselling travel books author of the "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" series (including the "USA-Canada" and "Germany-Austria-Switzerland" themed).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Expression User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review