MS Amadeus Riva current position
Specifications of MS Amadeus Riva
|Year of build||2023 new ship|
|Builder||TeamCo Shipyard BV (Heusden, Holland)|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 km/h / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1770 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Amadeus Silver 2, Amadeus Silver 3, Amadeus Imperial, Amadeus Cara, Amadeus Nova|
|Christened by||Doris Heger|
|Owner||Luftner Cruises GmbH|
|Operator||Amadeus River Cruises|
MS Amadeus Riva Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Nov 30||4 days, one-way from Kehl-Strasbourg to Cologne||Kehl-Strasbourg||$1066|
|2023 Dec 12||4 days, one-way from Cologne to Kehl-Strasbourg||Cologne||$1579|
|2023 Dec 16||4 days, one-way from Kehl-Strasbourg to Cologne||Kehl-Strasbourg||$718|
|2023 Dec 22||6 days, round-trip Christmas Cruise on the Rhine||Cologne||$1739|
|2023 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip New Years Eve Cruise on the Rhine||Cologne||$3119|
|2024 May 02||7 days, round-trip Tulip Serenade||Amsterdam||$1668|
|2024 May 09||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Nuremberg||Amsterdam||$1697|
|2024 May 09||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3165|
|2024 May 16||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$1771|
|2024 Jun 07||7 days, round-trip Danube Rhapsody||Passau||$1697|
|2024 Jun 14||8 days, one-way from Passau to Trier||Passau||$1527|
|2024 Jul 07||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest||$1697|
|2024 Jul 14||7 days, round-trip Danube Rhapsody||Passau||$1616|
|2024 Jul 21||7 days, round-trip Danube Rhapsody||Passau||$1616|
|2024 Aug 21||7 days, one-way from Passau to Budapest||Passau||$1697|
|2024 Sep 11||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest|
|2024 Sep 11||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest|
|2024 Oct 02||7 days, round-trip Danube Rhapsody||Passau||$1934|
|2024 Oct 09||7 days, one-way from Passau to Budapest||Passau||$1697|
|2024 Oct 16||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Passau||Budapest||$1616|
|2024 Dec 01||4 days, one-way from Kehl-Strasbourg to Cologne||Kehl-Strasbourg||$638|
|2024 Dec 09||4 days, one-way from Cologne to Kehl-Strasbourg||Cologne||$638|
|2024 Dec 13||4 days, one-way from Kehl-Strasbourg to Cologne||Kehl-Strasbourg||$757|
|2024 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip New Years Eve Cruise on the Rhine||Cologne||$1505|
MS Amadeus Riva Review
Review of MS Amadeus Riva
The 2023-built Amadeus Riva cruise ship is a 160-passenger riverboat (fleet's 18th/newest) owned by the Austrian company and shipowner Luftner Cruises and operated via the Luftner-owned travel brand Amadeus River Cruises.
Amadeus Riva cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine and Moselle rivers, including Danube Delta itineraries (to the Black Sea) and the Belgian and Dutch inland waterways.
The vessel (ENI number 2339896) is currently Germany-flagged (MMSI 218006380) and registered in Cologne.
The riverboat has 12x Amadeus Suites (27 m2, with step-out balconies, all positioned midship on Mozart Deck), 51x French Balcony cabins (18 m2/fitted with drop-down windows for floor-to-ceiling outside views) plus 16x Window cabins (16 m2, with non-opening windows, all positioned on Haydn Deck and adjacent to the aft-located staff & crew accommodations).
All passenger staterooms offer as standard amenities twin beds (convertible to Queen-size double bed), mirrored vanity table with chair, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), direct-dial phone, LCD TV, seating area (2 armchairs with round-shaped coffee/dining table), floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (slide-opening to French Balcony), en-suite bathroom (WC, single-sink vanity, shower, hairdryer).
Suites additionally offer fully-stocked minibars (not complimentary), corner sofa (daybed), walk-in wardrobe, step-out balcony.
Shipboard facilities and amenities
On Amadeus Riva ship, all meals are served at Panorama Restaurant (located forward on Strauss Deck 2). The Restaurant offers light bites (early breakfast) and buffet breakfast. Lunch is either buffet-style or sit-down (waiter-served). All dinners are 5-course gourmet dining affairs with complimentary regional wines. All produce is locally-sourced and seasonal. Guests can also indulge in Afternoon Tea & Cake service, midnight snacks, and 24-hour coffee/tea station.
The best place on the boat for spending leisure time is the Sun Deck (deck 4). It provides top-deck views of the riverside scenery, plenty of sitting (deckchairs, sun loungers, shaded seating areas covered by retractable awnings), putting green (mini-golf course), Giant Chessboard, Shuffleboard, Pickleball Court. Top-deck's fore-located
Sun Deck Lounge & Bar (Lido-type dining venue) serves light snacks and beverages. Sun Deck's Navigation Bridge/Wheelhouse is passenger accessible and telescopic (can be lowered for passing under low bridges).
- (Mozart Deck 3 forward) Panorama Lounge & Bar is the ship's show lounge with floor-ceiling windows, comfortable furniture, full-service Bar. The Lounge also serves the cruise company's enrichment program with port talks, destination/itinerary-themed lectures and media presentations, themed parties, crew show, live music and dance performances by local artists boarding the ship.
- (Mozart Deck 3 aft) Amadeus Club is a stylish wine bar with Internet stations. It also doubles as ship's Library.
- (Mozart Deck 3 midship) Cafe Vienna is the ship's bakery/patisserie/coffee house serving Austrian specialty coffees, fresh-baked homemade cakes, tarts, light pastries, and other gourmet desserts.
- (Mozart Deck 3 bow) River Terrace is a glass-shielded room (wind-rain-protected outside lounge) accessible via Panorama Lounge or via stairs from Sun Deck.
- Spa (massage room), Hair Salon (hairdresser), Gym (fitness room)
The ship has no swimming pool or outdoor Jacuzzi. One elevator (passenger lift) connects all cabin decks. Wi-Fi costs extra and is with shipwide coverage.
On all tours/shore excursions are offered complimentary bikes (mounted on the Sun Deck) and wireless audio systems.
Most Danube River voyages depart from Passau, but also are offered departures from Vienna Austria, Budapest Hungary, Bucharest Romania (Fetesti).
The Maiden Voyage (7-night/8-day Three-Rivers Cruise) departed from Amsterdam on May 12, 2023, and ended in Nuremberg (May 19th). Prices started at EUR 2000 (~GBP 1690) per person with double occupancy. The itinerary was also included in the 14-night B2B (Amsterdam to Budapest) priced from EUR ?? pp.
Amadeus Riva's inaugural season (2023) included the following itineraries as themes and ports/cities.
- (May 12th/MAIDEN VOYAGE) 7-night "THREE-RIVERS CRUISE" itinerary (Amsterdam-Utrecht-Cologne-Rudesheim-Miltenberg-Wertheim-Wurzburg-Bamberg-Nurnberg)
- (May 12th/MAIDEN VOYAGE) 14-night "ACROSS EUROPE - AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST" itinerary (Amsterdam-Utrecht-Cologne-Rudesheim-Miltenberg-Wertheim-Wurzburg-Bamberg-Nurnberg-Regensburg-Passau-Emmersdorf/Melk Abbey-Durnstein-Vienna-Bratislava-Budapest7-night "Blue Danube" itinerary (Nurember-Regensburg-Passau-Emmersdorf an der Donau/Melk Abbey-Durnstein-Vienna-Bratislava-Budapest)
- 7-night "CLASSICAL DANUBE CRUISE" itinerary (Budapest-Bratislava-Vienna-Durnstein-Emmersdorf/Melk Abbey-Linz-Regensburg-Passau) and the reverse route Passau to Budapest
- 7-night "DANUBE RHAPSODY" itinerary (Passau-Emmersdorf/Melk Abbey-Durnstein-Vienna-Budapest-Bratislava/Hainburg-Linz-Passau)
- 9-night "1200 MILES ON THE BEAUTIFUL BLUE DANUBE" itinerary Vienna-Bratislava-Esztergom-Budapest-Vukovar-Belgrade-Iron Gates passing-Svistov-Rousse-Danube Delta-Sfantu Gheorghe-Fetesti/Bucharest), plus the reverse 10-night itinerary (Bucharest to Vienna)
- 15-night "BEAUTIFUL BLUE DANUBE AND DANUBE DELTA" itinerary (Passau-Vienna-Esztergom-Budapest-Belgrade-Vidin-Oltenita-Fetesti-Danube Delta-Sfantu Gheorghe-Hirsova-Fetesti-Rousse-Svistov-Iron Gates passing-Novi Sad-Vukovar-Mohacs-Kalocsa-Budapest-Bratislava-DurnsteinEmmersdorf/Melk Abbey-Passau
For the Christmas holidays (Nov-Dec) is offered the 4-night "MAGIC OF ADVENT ON THE RHINE" itinerary (Strasbourg-Speyer-Rudesheim-Koblenz-Cologne) and the reverse from Cologne to Strasbourg.
MS Amadeus Riva - user reviews and comments
MS Amadeus Riva ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Luftner's Amadeus River Cruises announced plans for a new generation of riverboats, starting with MS Amadeus Nova in spring 2024. This innovative...June 12, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Amadeus River Cruises celebrated a significant event on May 17th in Cologne/Koln Germany – the christening of their newest riverboat...June 10, 2023
- show more news
Other Luftner-Amadeus River Cruises cruise ships
MS Amadeus Riva Wiki
Amadeus Riva is Luftner's 18th vessel (ENI number 2339896) and was constructed by TeamCo Shipyard BV (in Heusden, North Brabant/Netherlands).
The ship's name (Riva) has a Hebrew origin and translates as "Maiden".
Luftner signed the shipbuilding order for Amadeus Riva in February 2022.
The riverboat was delivered in May 2023, christened (dockside in Cologne Germany) on May 17th (by godmother Doris Heger), and the Maiden Voyage departed Koln on May 20th.
Note: You can see CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.