Star Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Star Princess
|Year built||2002 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||289 m / 948 ft|
|Beam (width)||48 m / 157 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||108977 gt|
|Passengers||2596 - 3115|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Gunilla Antonini|
Current itinerary / position of Star Princess
Star Princess current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip Seattle). Prices start from USD 628 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 15 Sep, 2019 and ends on 22 Sep, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 Sep 16:00||Departing from Seattle, Washington hotels|
|17 Sep 06:30 - 15:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|18 Sep 05:00 - 09:00||Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska|
|18 Sep 12:30 - 22:30||Juneau, Alaska|
|19 Sep 06:30 - 17:00||Skagway, Alaska|
|21 Sep 19:00 - 23:59||Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC Canada|
|22 Sep||Arriving in Seattle, Washington hotels|
Review of Star Princess
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is a US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 108,977-ton, 2,602-passenger cruise ship Star Princess might be a vessel which design was created over more than a decade ago, but Princess has not shown its age yet. The liner is big and offers mainly pluses - and occasional minuses - of its size with a wide diversity of onboard facilities which appeal to just about anybody. At the same time, Star Princess offers guests a choice of a traditional cruising experience or a modern one - or even a smattering of elements of both. During ship's 2008 dry-dock Star Princess received a boatload of new facilities, which included the Piazza, an energetic amusement space, on-site bakery, Internet cafe, and wine and sushi bar; the Sanctuary, an adults-only zone which boasts padded lounges, shady and sunny places; the for-fee Crown Grill, which menu blends seafood and steakhouse fare (instead the existing steakhouse on the cruise); and 7 new suites, each suite with sitting room, walk-in closet and shower/tub combo. Retail therapy got a makeover this time around as well, with a doubled-in-size Essence shop store on Deck 7 and Meridian Bay shifted to the site of the former Essence shop on Deck 6.
Cruise itinerary program
Star Princess itinerary program is based on cruises from San Francisco to Hawaii, Mexico and Alaska, alternating seasonally.
Most Star Princess staterooms are 170-sq.foot balcony rooms (515). Almost 80% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1297 staterooms in 34 categories. 25 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Star Princess is the Grand Suite (615 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Star Princess passengers choose between open seating and two assigned dinner seatings; breakfast and lunch in all Princess restaurants are open seating. Alternative dinner venues include the reservations-only Sabatini’s Italian and Crown Grill restaurants (both with cover). All Princess Cruises Lido buffets are open around the clock. The Wheelhouse Bar serves a pub lunch, and a grill and pizzeria offer casual snack choices. The ice-cream bars and patisseries charge for premium ice cream and speciality coffee. A wine bar offers extra-charge artisan cheeses and evening snacks. Chef’s Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining options are also available, as is afternoon tea and room service.
Follows the complete list of Star Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Capri Restaurant (ship's aft Dining Room; dinner only - offers “Anytime Dining” between 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m.)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant, reservations recommended; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Portofino Restaurant (ship's forward Dining Room for Breakfast 7-9 a.m., Lunch 12-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 3:30-4:30 p.m.; features “Anytime Dining” for Dinner between 5:30-8 p.m. or 8-10 p.m.)
- Amalfi Restaurant (dinner only aft Dining Room; with 2 fixed seatings at 5:45 and 8 p.m.)
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian speciality restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Trident Grill & Prego Pizzeria (self-service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Horizon Court (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Both the Vista Lounge and Princess Theater can host featured entertainers and production shows, and each of the shows runs several times. The Princess Theater is more like a Broadway theatre than a cruise-ship typical show lounge. It features same-level orchestra seating, stadium seating behind, as well as a few boxes. The Vista Lounge is cabaret-style, with chairs grouped around small drink tables and big windows making the room light during the day. The Explorers Lounge and Wheelhouse Bar are located side by side on the Promenade Deck. These smaller entertainment venues host karaoke, pianists, dance bands and theme parties, as well as games and trivia during the day.
Follows the complete list of Star Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Piazza Atrium (3-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Platinum Studio
- International Cafe (24-hour speciality coffee bar and patisserie)
- Vines Bar (wine/seafood/sushi bar)
- Library (with Internet stations); Internet Cafe (24-hour)
- Princess Star Theatre (2-level musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, game shows)
- Shooter’s Lounge & Bar (smoking lounge and sports bar)
- Vines Shop; Calypso Cove Shop; Essence Shop; Meridian Bay Shop; Facets Shop
- Princess Star Grand Casino
- Crooners Lounge & Bar (live music; also used for seminars); Vista Lounge & Bar
- Explorers Lounge & Bar (disco/show lounge; hosts karaoke, comedy, game shows and art auctions)
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Scoops Bar (Sundaes Ice Cream Bar, complimentary)
- Outrigger Bar (poolside bar); Tradewinds Bar
- Star’s Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Hearts & Minds (Wedding Chapel)
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- Video Games Arcade; Teen Center; Youth Center with Paddling Pool and outdoor playing areas
- The Conservatory (recreation area); The Sanctuary (adult-only open-air area); The Oasis relaxation area
- Calypso Reef & Pool area; Neptune’s Reef & Pool area
- The Skywalker (Jogging Track); Sports Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Shuffleboard, Deck Chess; Princess Links mini golf course
- Skywalkers Disco Nightclub.
Star Princess 2017 refurbishment review
- All passenger cabins received new bedding (all beds were replaced with Princess Luxury Bed).
- The ship's kids and teen lounges (part of "Camp Discovery") were renovated and updated via a partnership with Discovery Channel (as part of Princess Cruises' complimentary onboard children program "Discovery at Sea").
- To the onboard Boutiques (Shops of Princess) were added "Fragrance & Cosmetic" and "Effy Fine Jewelry".
- Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria (speciality restaurant) was updated with new decor and a new menu (partnership with Chef Angelo Auriana).
- The ship's wellness complex (Lotus Spa and Fitness Center) was upgraded with the latest gym equipment.
- The onboard Casino was redesigned and received new carpeting.
- Among the other upgrades were new upholstery and carpeting throughout the ship.
- The ship's 2018 refurbishment was part of Princess Cruises' USD 450 million multi-year fleet renovation program "Come Back New Promise".
Star Princess wiki
Princess Cruises Star cruise ship was christened by godmother Gunilla Antonini - wife of Dr Corrado Antonini (executive chairmen of the Italian shipbuilding company Fincantieri). The liner started its inaugural cruise (26-day maiden voyage) in the Pacific Ocean on February 13, 2002. Star is fleet's first Grand-class vessel, with sisterships Golden and Grand. The other (similarly-designed) liners from this series are Caribbean, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire.
Star Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Star PrincessAdd Photo
Star Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced it continues the expansion of its MedallionNet Wi-Fi, giving more passengers the chance to enjoy the fast and unlimited...August 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises recently announced its most robust deployment ever for the 2020-2021 season, visiting Mexico, Hawaii, and California Coast...May 13, 2019
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises Australia announced that a 2nd Grand Class ship will join the fleet while bidding farewell to one of line's “jewels” as...August 24, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises' Star Princess was due to arrive in Astoria on Sunday, April 8, but had to bypass Columbia River Bar because of impending storm...April 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Star Princess returned to service following a 2-week multi-million renovation, outfitting the vessel with some of the latest product innovations and...January 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The last cruise ship set to sail during this year's season departed from Vancouver on Saturday, December 16, and marked the end of 31st consecutive...December 18, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A passenger onboard Princess Cruises ship Star Princess was caught on camera performing a dangerous and forbidden act. Filmed from the dock...May 11, 2017
U.S. Coast Guard rescued a passenger in distress from a Princess Cruises ship 86 miles southwest of San Diego on Monday morning. The 73-year...February 21, 2017
An outbreak of norovirus on Princess cruise to Hawaii sent at least one passenger home early. In the early morning of October 4 Star Princess docked...October 6, 2015
- show more news
Other Princess Cruises cruise ships
Star Princess Itineraries
The below listed Star Princess cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Princess Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Aug 25||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip Seattle)||Seattle||$628|
|2019 Sep 01||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip Seattle)||Seattle||$576|
|2019 Sep 08||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip Seattle)||Seattle|
|2019 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip Seattle)||Seattle||$628|
|2019 Sep 22||7 days, round-trip Northern California Coast||Seattle||$447|
|2019 Sep 29||7 days, round-trip Northern California Coast||Seattle||$447|
|2019 Oct 06||1 day, one-way from Seattle to Vancouver||Seattle||$69|
|2019 Oct 07||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Vancouver||$1347|
|2019 Oct 22||10 days, round-trip Classic California Coast||Vancouver||$933|
|2019 Nov 01||3 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$179|
|2019 Nov 04||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1251|
|2019 Nov 19||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1219|
|2019 Dec 04||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1249|
|2019 Dec 19||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1729|
|2020 Jan 03||10 days, round-trip Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez||Los Angeles||$869|
|2020 Jan 13||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1199|
|2020 Jan 28||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1199|
|2020 Feb 12||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1309|
|2020 Feb 27||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1329|
|2020 Mar 13||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1359|
|2020 Mar 28||10 days, round-trip Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez||Los Angeles||$879|
|2020 Apr 07||7 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$599|
|2020 Apr 30||3 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Francisco||Vancouver||$279|
|2020 May 03||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)||San Francisco||$1079|
|2020 May 13||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)||San Francisco||$1099|
|2020 May 23||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1049|
|2020 Jun 02||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1149|
|2020 Jun 12||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1199|
|2020 Jun 22||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1299|
|2020 Jul 02||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1329|
|2020 Jul 12||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1329|
|2020 Jul 22||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1259|
|2020 Aug 01||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1189|
|2020 Aug 11||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1149|
|2020 Aug 21||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1099|
|2020 Aug 31||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park)||San Francisco||$1129|
|2020 Sep 10||10 days, round-trip Inside Passage (Roundtrip San Francisco)||San Francisco||$1199|
|2020 Sep 20||7 days, round-trip Pacific Northwest Coast||San Francisco||$1029|
|2020 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip Classic California Coast||San Francisco||$879|
|2020 Oct 04||7 days, round-trip Pacific Northwest Coast||San Francisco||$1029|
|2020 Oct 11||4 days, one-way from San Francisco to Vancouver||San Francisco||$299|
|2020 Oct 15||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$779|
|2020 Oct 22||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1699|
|2020 Nov 06||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1769|
|2020 Nov 21||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1669|
|2020 Dec 06||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1669|
|2020 Dec 21||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$2069|
|2021 Jan 05||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1769|
|2021 Jan 20||10 days, round-trip Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez||Los Angeles||$1049|
|2021 Jan 30||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1769|
|2021 Feb 14||10 days, round-trip Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez||Los Angeles||$1149|
|2021 Feb 24||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1769|
|2021 Mar 11||15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands||Los Angeles||$1769|
|2021 Mar 26||28 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa||Los Angeles||$3629|
|2021 Apr 23||10 days, round-trip Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez||Los Angeles||$1149|
|2021 May 03||5 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$499|
Star Princess User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review