Viking Prestige Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Prestige
|Year built||2011 / Age : 6|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||97 - 188|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Janice Farrar Titus|
Review of Viking Prestige
The Viking Prestige boat cruises on Danube river in Austria, Hungary, Germany, Slovakia, departing from Budapest and Passau. Preceded by its sister-ship Viking Legend, the Prestige ship is Viking's second pre-longship "green" riverboat. Both vessels run on hybrid engines (diesel-electric type) producing less vibrations for a quieter ride.
The 2011 cruising season welcomed Viking Prestige in Europe. The Prestige sails on some of the most popular Viking itineraries. Viking Prestige is one of Viking Cruises “green” ships, running on diesel-electric hybrid engines producing less vibrations and helping for smoother ride.
The entire ship was set up for best viewing of scenery and in addition to the French balconies, large picture windows and hotel-style beds, guests can enjoy the open air decks during their sailing. The observation restaurant and deck feature huge panoramic windows. Ship’s lobby atrium also offers a seating area with large observation windows. Viking Prestige boasts 97 outside staterooms, of which 67 French Balcony, 22 Standard, 6 Singles and 2 Suites. The Sun deck features 360-deg. views and provides shaded sitting area. Benefit from the onboard boutique, library and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Prestige river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Prestige's Danube cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Prestige river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "DANUBE WALTZ” are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Passau disembarkation includes a bus transfer from Passau to Munich, with optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer from Munich to Passau, and optional 2-night Budapest hotel package.
Viking Prestige wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 7
- Total number of cabins: 97 (of which 2 Suite, 66 French Balconies, 24 with a non-opening window and 5 Single occupancy staterooms).
- Restaurants: Prestige (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco dining at the Prestige Lounge's outdoor seating area).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Prestige Atrium (lobby), Library, Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded seating area for relaxation/observation). The Prestige ship doesn't have gym, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Prestige cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Prestige boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Prestige is one of the two Viking Cruises ships preceding as design the line's newest "Viking longship" series. The other vessel of this class is Viking Legend (operating the same itinerary route). Both riverboats as marine technology feature new type hybrid engines (diesel-electric type) and SDS propulsion ("Silent Drive System") significantly reducing the levels of noise and vibrations during navigation.
- The Viking cruise ship Prestige was launched in 2011. It was christened by mrs Janice Farrar Titus - wife of Warren Titus. Mrs Titus has previously worked with other top luxury cruise lines, including "American President Lines", "Seabourn Cruise", "Pearl Cruises" and "Royal Viking Line". Her husband Warren Titus (died in 2009) was the founder of the "Royal Viking Line", which was operational between 1972-1998, then sold to NCL Norwegian. He is often referred to as the "pioneer" of our modern world's ship cruise travel industry. The ship’s christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland, on May 11.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites (French Balcony) - x2 AA, deck3
- Balcony Staterooms - none
- French Balcony Staterooms - A (x33, deck3), B (x23, deck2), C (x10, deck 2), CS/Single cabin (x5, deck1-2-3)
- RiverView Staterooms (Picture Window) - Standard (all on deck1 - 16x D, and 8x E).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.