ms Gil Eanes Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Gil Eanes
|Year built||2015 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Meuse & Sambre Shipyard (Beez-Namur, Belgium)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||80 m / 262 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1200 gt|
|Passengers||66 - 132|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of ms Gil Eanes
MS Gil Eanes ship cruises on Douro River in Portugal (wine region). Itineraries are round-trips leaving from Oporto Portugal. This riverboat cruises in Portugal together with the CroisiEurope ships Fernao De Magalhaes, Vasco de Gama, Infante Don Henrique, Miguel Torga.
The riverboat has 66 passenger cabins (equally sized at 139 ft2 / 13 m2), including 4 suites and 1 cabin for disabled. Main Deck staterooms are with riverview windows (non-opening). Middle Deck and Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). Upper Deck additionally has 2 Suite accommodations with private verandas (terraces). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), wardrobe/closet, satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning.
The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Gil Eanes restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Gil Eanes ship’s Douro river cruise itinerary is in Portugal, with optional tours to Spain. The ship is leaving from Porto on roundtrip itineraries. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Gil Eanes's guests to enjoy the local Portuguese cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
CroisiEurope Douro River cruise itineraries
The Gil Eanes ship’s Douro river cruise itineraries from Porto are themed:
- (code PPH_PP) "Porto, Douro Valley and Salamanca" (Portugal and Spain) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation).
- (code POC_PP) "The Douro River" (cruise-only deals, flights/transfers are not Included) - 8 days with an overnight in Porto before disembarkation.
- (code POC) "The River Douro" (deals inclusive of flights and transfers) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation), airport transfers (to/from the boat) and two Porto Portugal flights (from/to France).
Among the tours and excursions along the Gil Eanes ship’s Porto cruise itineraries are:
- (day 1) Porto - embarkation (welcome aboard cocktail), guided tour (optional, with wine tasting)
- (day 2) Regua (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - Lamego (guided excursion)
- (day 3) Vila Real (bus excursion, Casa de Mateus), boarding in Pinhao, evening arrival in Barca d'Alva (overnight stay, Flamenco show on board)
- (day 4) arrival in Teron (Spain, disembarkation) - Salamanca (UNESCO site / excursion to Spain), re-boarding in Vega de Teron, evening arrival in Senhora de Ribeira (overnight stay, themed entertainment)
- (day 5) arrival in Ferradosa - "Wines of Porto" (vineyards route /wine tasting tour), afternoon Douro Valley cruising to Entre Os Rios (overnight stay, Gala Dinner event)
- (day 6) Douro Valley cruise to Porto (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) - guided tour (optional), Fado music entertainment on the ship
- (day 7) Porto (free time) - Aveiro (afternoon bus excursion), overnight stay, themed folklore entertainment on the ship.
MS Gil Eanes cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douro river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Portugal are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
ms Gil Eanes wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 66 (all of which riverview, 4 suites, 1 disabled).
- Cabins - Main Deck (8 double), Middle Deck (21 double, 2 Suites, 1 disabled), Upper Deck (32 double, 2 Suites with balconies)
- Restaurants: restaurant
- Lounges & Bars: lounge with picture windows, TV, bar, sun deck (chaise lounges), gift shop, library, elevator, wi-fi (payable on board).
- The CroisiEurope cruise company is family owned and based in Strasbourg, France. Established in 1976, this premium line operates all aspects of its cruises: from the vessel building (design and construction) to cuisine and hotel services. CroisiEurope is among Europe's largest cruise line companies.
- CroisiEurope river cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (wine and beer with lunch and dinner (year-round). The line offers deals inclusive of unlimited drinks during the Europe's high season (April through October) each year. However, unlike most river cruise lines, CroisiEurope charges its guests additionally for shore excursions.
- The Gil Eanes ship cruises on Douro River in Portugal and Spain. From the same class are the CroisiEurope ships Cyrano de Bergerac, Gerard Schmitter, L’Europe, Vivaldi, and the line's Portugal ships Fernao De Magalhaes, Infante Don Henrique, Vasco de Gama.
- Other major European river cruise lines' ships in Portugal are the AmaWaterways' AmaVida, the Viking Cruises longships Hemming, Torgil, Osfrid, also Scenic Azure and the Uniworld's Queen Isabel.
- Named after the explorer Gil Eannes (1395-1445), the ship was christened on April 17, 2015 in Porto. The godmother Mrs Isabel Morais is a wine and tourism manager at Sogrape Vinhos SA (Portuguese winery). The godfather Mr Eduardo Vitor Rodrigues is Vila Nova de Gaia's Mayor).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Gil Eanes Itineraries 2017
The below listed ms Gil Eanes cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
31 March 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
07 April 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
30 June 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
14 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
04 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
11 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip From Porto to Spain
02 November 2017 5 nights / 6 days, round-trip Pleasant Portugal
|03 Nov||Departing from Porto, Portugal|
|04 Nov||Porto, Portugal|
|04 Nov - 05 Nov||Regua, Portugal (Overnight)|
|05 Nov||Regua, Portugal|
|05 Nov||Pinhao, Portugal|
|05 Nov - 06 Nov||Porto Antigo, Cinfaes, Portugal (Overnight)|
|06 Nov||Porto Antigo, Cinfaes, Portugal|
|06 Nov - 07 Nov||Porto, Portugal (Overnight)|
|07 Nov - 08 Nov||Porto, Portugal (Overnight)|
|08 Nov||Arriving in Porto, Portugal|