Etretat ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Etretat ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age : 11|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Visentini (Porto Viro / Venice, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Portsmouth-Le Havre-(Santander)|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26904 gt|
|Passengers||375 - 800|
|Decks with cabins||1|
|Sister-ships||Norman Atlantic, Scottish Viking, Stena Flavia|
|Former names||Norman Voyager|
Current position of Etretat ferry
Review of Etretat ferry
MS Etretat ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the French company BRITTANY FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 375 passengers and 200 cars. The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the UK-France and UK-Spain ferry routes Portsmouth-Le Havre Paris (crossing time 8 overnights, 5,5 days) and Portsmouth-Santander (crossing time 24 hours).
As cruise ferry, Etretat has a total of 103 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship additionally has 51 reclining seats. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's staterooms as categories (numbers) are 4-berth Outside (33), 4-berth Outside "pet-friendly" (4), 4-berth Inside (55), 4-berth Inside "pet-friendly" (9), wheelchair-accessible (2). Also available are reserved lounge seats (51 to Le Havre and 20 to Santander) and cots (15).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Etretat ship offers:
- La Restaurant (self-service/buffet restaurant on deck 5, hot and cold meals)
- Movie Lounge (on deck 5, tickets can be purchased from Information Desk)
- 2 Reserved Seating Lounges (portside on deck 6, named "Seaside" and "Horizon") with reclining / Pullman seats
- Le Bar (ship's main bar lounge on deck 5 - fine French wines, cocktails, cold/hot drinks, flat TVs)
- Le Boutique (shop on deck 5 - gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (deck 5, next to Information Desk / Reception)
- dog exercise area (on deck 6 midship)
- disabled toilets (deck 5)
- The ship has 1 elevator (passenger lift).
- Sun Deck is an outdoor area that doubles as Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
BRITTANY FERRIES cruise deals
The company offers regularly scheduled ferry services between England and France (travel time on cruise ferries 3-4 hours) and between France and Spain (travel time 20-36 hours). The high-speed UK-France service allows the ships to successfully target the UK's "mini cruise" and holiday travel markets.
As on cruise vessels, all BRITTANY FERRIES ships offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Cruise accommodations range from 2-bed "Inside Cabin" to "Commodore Suite" (with in-cabin dining / Afternoon Tea and Breakfast service). Some suites are with private balconies.
Onboard food is predominantly French cuisine and prepared by French chefs. All ships have a la carte priced restaurants, self-service cafeteria, selection of bars, live entertainment (singers, magicians, pantomimes for kids), at least one cinema, casino, arcade room, Bureau de Change, baby changing rooms, disabled toilets, Sun Deck areas, free of charge Wi-Fi.
Cruise ferries on France-Spain routes have swimming pools (open during summer months only), as well as kids, play areas with supervised activities (during holidays only). Spa treatment rooms on Spain-France cruise ferries offer facials (from ProCare), massages (by certified masseuses), modern massage chairs, pedicure and manicure services (OPI nail varnishes), treatments using skincare products by the French brand "Filorga Professional".
Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
Fun fact is that BRITTANY FERRIES serve annually around 22 tons of langoustines (Norway lobster), 15 tons of smoked salmon, 260 tons of meat, 240,000 English breakfasts, 333,000 liters of beer. By onboard sold perfumes, the company is ranked France's 3rd largest perfume retailer.
- Ferry fares are based on departure dates, routes and time (season).
- GBP 35 deposit is required to secure bookings during the peak summer season.
- Summer prices are usually higher. Same goes for the weekends and overnight crossings.
- Departures in the mornings, afternoons and overnights are offered throughout the whole year.
- Overnight France-Spain crossings are 7 in a week.
- Mix and match route deals are also available.
Follows the list of all BRITTANY FERRIES routes with crossing times and frequencies.
- Portsmouth-Caen (6 hours) - 3 daily
- Portsmouth-St Malo (11 hours / overnight) - daily
- Portsmouth-Cherbourg (3 hours) - 10 return (in the period late April - early September)
- Portsmouth-Santander Spain (24 hours / overnight) - 3 crossings weekly
- Portsmouth-Bilbao Spain (24-36 hours) - 2 crossings weekly
- Portsmouth-Le Havre (5 hours 30 min) - daily return crossings
- Poole-Cherbourg (4 hours 15 min) - daily return
- Plymouth-Roscoff (6 hours) 2 return
- Plymouth-Santander Spain (20 hours) - direct weekly crossings
- Cork Ireland-Roscoff (14 hours) - weekly, return crossings in the period April-November)
- Cork-Santander (26,5 hours) - 2 weekly return crossings
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 5, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Brittany Ferries (founded in 1972, headquartered in Roscoff France) is a French ferry company operating on the shipping routes France-UK and France-Spain. Brittany Ferries current fleet includes the ships Armorique, Baie de Seine, Barfleur, Bretagne, Cap Finistere, Connemara, Etretat, Honfleur, Mont St Michel, Normandie, Pont Aven, Galicia, Salamanca.
Etretat ferry wiki
The ship is powered by four MAN marine diesel engines (model 9L48-60B) with total power output 21,6 MW.
Etretat ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Etretat ferryAdd Photo
Etretat ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Thousands of cross-channel ferry passengers had their bookings amended in order to accommodate extra journeys in case of a no-deal Brexit. According...January 22, 2019
- show more news
Other BRITTANY FERRIES cruise ships
Etretat ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review