Pride of Canterbury ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pride of Canterbury ferry
|Year built||1991 / Age : 29|
|Builder||SSW Schichau Seebeck Shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany)|
|Class||car and passenger ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Dover-Calais|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||180 m / 591 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30635 gt|
|Sister-ships||European Seaway, Pride of Burgundy, Pride of Kent|
|Former names||European Pathway|
Current position of Pride of Canterbury ferry
Review of Pride of Canterbury ferry
MS Pride of Canterbury ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the UK company P&O FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 2000 passengers and 600 cars (or 115 lorries). The vessel was launched in 1991 and currently operates on the UK-France ferry route Dover-Calais (crossing time 1,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Pride of Canterbury has no cabins (passenger staterooms) due to the route's short crossing distance. Instead, the ship offers Reserved Seating Lounge (luxury Club-class bar lounge furnished with comfortable leather couches). Reserved seats are available for pre-booking. These deals are inclusive of complimentary beverages (champagne, tea, coffee, soft drinks) and newspapers.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
The ship's main passenger-accessible facilities include:
- The Food Court (serving gourmet food and fine wines, patisseries, light snacks, pastries, hot and cold drinks)
- Starbucks Coffee Bar
- The Lounge is the ship's main bar lounge with comfortable seating and served by its own bar (light snacks and beverages - tea, coffee, soft drinks). During summer months opens an outdoor/open-air alfresco bar.
Shopping at the onboard shops offers a wide choice of brand products at discounted prices in comparison to UK high street prices. Up to 40% discounts are offered on luxury perfumes, skincare, cosmetics. Up to 30% discounts are offered on alcohol (spirits, wines, beers). The shops also sell bestseller books, newspapers, magazines, toys, games,
The ship has children-dedicated onboard areas, including playroom and movie room (for watching videos). During summer holidays' family breaks, the ferry company provides onboard kids entertainment program with specially trained staff and supervised activities (painting, drawing, treasure hunts, arts, and crafts).
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner P&O Ferries (founded in 2002, headquartered in Dover England) is a UK ferry company operating on the shipping routes UK-France, UK-Ireland, UK-Holland (mini-cruises), UK-Belgium (mini-cruises) and Scotland-Northern Ireland. PO Ferries current fleet includes the ships European Causeway, European Highlander, Pride of Bruges, Pride of Burgundy, Pride of Canterbury, Pride of Hull, Pride of Kent, Pride of Rotterdam, Pride of York, Spirit of Britain, Spirit of France.
Pride of Canterbury ferry - user reviews and comments
Pride of Canterbury ferry ship related cruise news
A migrant who tried to swim to the United Kingdom wearing a wetsuit has been rescued when a cross-Channel ferry ship made a U-turn to save him, the...November 12, 2019
- show more news
Other P&O FERRIES cruise ships
Pride of Canterbury ferry Wiki
The vessel is powered by four SULZER marine diesel engines (model 8ZA40S) with total power output 23,2 MW.
In February 2019, ship's flag-state was changed from UK (MMSI 232001060) to Cyprus (MMSI 209505000).
Pride of Canterbury ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review