Serenade Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Serenade Of The Seas
|Year built||2003 / Age: 17|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90090 gt|
|Passengers||2150 - 2580|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Brilliance OTS, Jewel OTS, Radiance OTS|
|Christened by||Whoopi Goldberg|
Serenade Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 May 05||11 days, one-way from Honolulu to Vancouver||Honolulu||$2334|
|2021 May 16||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1408|
|2021 May 23||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1929|
|2021 May 30||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$6699|
|2021 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1348|
|2021 Jun 13||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1348|
|2021 Jun 20||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$2049|
|2021 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$869|
|2021 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$2139|
|2021 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$2059|
|2021 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1388|
|2021 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$909|
|2021 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1429|
|2021 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$849|
|2021 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$559|
|2021 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$629|
|2021 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1729|
|2021 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Alaska Glacier Experience Cruise||Vancouver||$1159|
Serenade Of The Seas Review
Review of Serenade Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 90,090-ton, 2,501-guest Serenade of the Seas fits just within the Panamax measurements (with one foot on either side to spare). That means she, like her Radiance-class sisters, has maximum geographic versatility and might sail to and from just about any area. The versatility extends to the atmosphere onboard. The greatest strength of Serenade of the Seas is that the ship offers lots of options, from dining to amusement, and still remains a medium-sized vessel. Royal Caribbean carries through the layout of its Radiance-class ships approximately 3 acres of exterior glass, including glass lifts with ocean views.
Cruise itinerary program
Serenade of the Seas itinerary program is based on roundtrip Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale FL for the most of the year. RCI Serenade ship also sails in Northern Europe on Baltic Sea cruises from Stockholm, Sweden and Copenhagen, Denmark. Serenade of the Seas visits the Scandinavian countries and Russia, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings between Europe and Florida. Another destination is Canada with Fall Foliage voyages to New England from Bayonne, New Jersey.
Serenade Of The Seas has a total of 1075 cabins (of which 60 Suites, 517 Balcony rooms) in 24 grades. Most of the Serenade of the Seas staterooms are 160-190-sq.foot balcony rooms and 160-sq.foot insides (249). 19 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Serenade of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1155 ft2 /107 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Reflections is Serenade's 2-deck high formal dining room. The focal point of its decor is the cascading waterfall. For dinner, guests can choose between assigned early or late dining, or opt for My Time Dining, in which you pick anytime between 6 and 9:30 p.m. Those passengers who opt for My Time Dining have to pre-pay gratuities. The Reflections restaurant operates under an open seating policy for breakfast and lunch. Food is delicious and offers a pretty good variety, including alternate menu items for guests on restricted diets.
Windjammer Cafe is Serenade's main buffet venue. It is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and informal dinner. Numerous stations serve up pasta, burgers, salads and sweets. Portofino and Chops Grille are ship's alternative restaurants. Chops is a steakhouse venue with an open kitchen. Enjoyable as Chops is, the real highlight of Serenade's onboard dining is Portofino with favourites including tiger shrimp risotto and spaghetti with lobster sauce. Both Chops Grille and Portofino levy a per-person service fee ($30 in Chops and $20 in Portofino).
Follows the complete list of Serenade of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Reflections Restaurant (1096-seat aft Dining Room, with two smaller private dining rooms: 30-seat Mirage and 102-seat Illusions)
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (638-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (95-seat speciality restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian speciality restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Chefs Table (12-seat gourmet dining room)
- Park Cafe (deli restaurant; complimentary - serves the Solarium area)
- Izumi (Asian speciality restaurant)
- Rita’s Cantina (84-seat Mexican speciality restaurant).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
There is no shortage of entertainment onboard Serenade of the Seas. Cultural and educational courses like digital photography and wine tasting seminars are offered, along with horse races, blackjack tournaments, elaborate production shows in ship's Tropical Theater, and informal dancing in the atrium lobby. Those looking for more excitement have to visit the Vortex Disco on deck 13 (featuring a bar which spins), the spot for singles to congregate. The DJ plays everything from Top 40 rap hits to the Village People till late each evening.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Serenade of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Tropical Theatre (915-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Vortex Disco and Nightclub (126-seat; revolving bar)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Card Room; Next Cruise Lounge; Safari Lounge (320-seat, hosts religious services and auctions); Diamond Club and Lounge; Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Nightclub
- R Bar (59-seat cocktail bar); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (46-seat speciality coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); Crown and Castle English Pub (sports bar); Vintages Bar (wine bar); Schooner Bar (74-seat piano bar); Sky Bar
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewellery, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (258-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online centre (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 3 jacuzzis; 2 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor movie screen; Cinema (53-seat)
- Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Fairways of Serenade Mini Golf Course.
Serenade Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Serenade Of The SeasAdd Photo
Serenade Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International is preparing for its Alaska 2022 season with new itineraries that tout 4 call ports and others showcasing twice the...November 12, 2020
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International announced changes to its winter 2021-2022 cruise schedule for the Caribbean and Australia. The changes encompass 6...October 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean informed travel agents that because of the Canadian Government restricting all cruise traffic through October, its Alaska, Hawaii...June 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced that it will have 3 ships in Alaska for the 2021 cruise season. Ovation of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, and Radiance of...November 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean’s Australian 2020-2021 summer cruise season itineraries are currently available for booking, which include 4 ships from 2...April 2, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean recently unveiled its 2020 Alaska summer season. The return of the largest cruise ship to sail Gulf of Alaska, Ovation of the Seas...November 11, 2018
Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas, which was sailing from Boston to St.Maarten, was due into Bermuda on Tuesday, October 30, as 3 passengers...November 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Rum fans are gearing up for this year's Rum Renaissance Caribbean Cruise sailing to Eastern Caribbean islands and featuring VIP rum tours of popular...August 6, 2018
At least 12 people have died after a bus carrying cruise passengers from South Florida to Mayan ruins, eastern Mexico flipped over highway early...December 20, 2017
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Serenade Of The Seas Wiki
Serenade is one of Royal Caribbean's Radiance-class liners, with sisterships Brilliance, Jewel, Radiance. Serenade was completed in 2003 - built by Meyer Werft (Papenburg Shipyard). Vessel's godmother was the always charmingly smiling Whoopi Goldberg (US actress, Oscar winner). The naming ceremony was held in NYC on August 22, 2003. The inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started on August 25.
All Radiance-Class ships were constructed in compliance with Panamax standards allowing marine vessels to transit through Panama Canal. Serenade, along with all her sisters, has gas turbines instead of diesel engines. This makes them more fuel efficient, also reducing the emissions of harmful gases.
Serenade OTS refurbishment 2012 review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's drydock refurbishment in 2012 included:
- upgraded cabin amenities (flat TVs, bathrooms with shower floors)
- Jumbotron (huge poolside LED screen for movies / located close to the main pool on Lido Deck)
- new lounges (“Diamond” and “Concierge”)
- new gourmet dining options at an additional charge (“Giovanni’s Table”/Italian Trattoria, “Izumi”/Asian, “Rita’s Cantina”/Mexican, “Chef’s Table”/5-course dining)
- upgraded “Centrum” entertainment options (acrobatic shows, LED screens)
- “R Bar” (retro 1960s-themed, replacing the old Lobby Bar), “Vintages” Bar (wine), an English pub
- Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide.
- Digital signage boards were installed.
Serenade Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review