Vancouver port is Alaska-Vancouver cruise home port, and it’s one of the most popular cruise destination in the world. There are over 275 cruise sailings and more than 900,000 passengers that pass through the both Vancouver cruise port terminals, Canada Place and Ballantyne, every year.
Find information about Vancouver cruise port terminal – address, location and map, driving directions, parking information and fees. Check the cruise ship schedule and explore Vancouver city tours possibilities.
- The port's 2017 cruising season officially started on April 10 with the arrival of Star Princess at the Canada Place terminal. In 2017, Port Vancouver had scheduled a total of 237 ship calls with around 840,000 passengers - an increase of 2% in passenger volume over 2016.
- At the Canada Place terminal, the port's cruise ship industry generates (in direct economic activity) an average of USD 3 million per visiting vessel.
- The port's 2016 season's statistics showed directly generated nearly 7,000 jobs (across the country), which included USD 300 million in paid wages and USD 840 million to Canada's GDP.
- During season 2017, port Vancouver had scheduled 33 different cruise liners from the fleets of 15 different cruise companies. Ship types vary from large and mainstream to top-luxury and small expedition vessels.
Highlights: Stanley Park, Chinatown, Gastown, Grouse Mountain
Vancouver cruise terminal
The Government of Canada established Port Metro Vancouver in January 2008. It is the fourth largest port in North America and the leader in Canada by tonnage. Vancouver is situated in the western Canada, at the British Colombia’s southwest corner. The ship schedule includes cruises from spring through all the fall. The vessels depart from two piers – Canada Place Ship Terminal and the Ballantyne Terminal.
Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal
The Canada Place Vancouver cruise port terminal is located on 999 Canada Palace, Vancouver. It is part of the famous in the history CPR pier B-C, an original 1986 World Exposition Canada Pavilion part. It is designed with 5 sail shape and represents the maritime history of the region. Except the terminal, there is a large VINCI car park, he Port Metro Vancouver office, a World Trade Center office and a Pan-Pacific hotel.
The passengers can use restrooms, baggage trolleys and a snack shop. From Canada Place Ship Terminal there is access to the following berths – North – 900ft, East – 1660ft and West -1070ft.
Address: "Canada Place Pier, 99 Canada Place Vancouver, BC, Canada"
Canada Place Terminal luggage storage and delivery
For cruise ship passengers in Vancouver, PorterGenie offers the only curbside luggage pick-up/delivery and storage service. Pick-up and delivery locations can be anywhere: Vancouver International Airport, hotels in Metro Vancouver area, train and bus stations, etc. PorterGenie can pick-up your luggage from anywhere in Metro Vancouver, store as long as you need, and deliver it back to you anywhere you like. You can use PorterGenie to transport your luggage from the airport to Canada Place cruise ship terminal or the other way around. You can schedule service online at www.portergenie.com or call PorterGenie toll-free at 1-888-411-5260. No payment is required for scheduling and cancellations are free. You are encouraged to schedule in advance before the busy season.
Ballantyne Pier Crusie Ship Terminal
The Ballantyne terminal is located on 851 Centennial Road, Vancouver. It looks like a commercial dock after its 1995 renovation and extensions. The services include luggage carts, restrooms, snack concessions, security and taxi ranks. The berth is only one – East, 1,200 ft.
- Address: Ballantyne Pier, 655 Centenniel Road, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Parking:$15 Canadian daily ($10 US – depends on exchange rate).
Vancouver tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Harbour Center Tower: enjoy beautiful city panorama from the 581 ft roof.
- Gastown: located at the old Vancouver, nice and quiet place for a coffee.
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden: the perfect equilibrium located at the city center, blended with the four elements, architecture and rock, plants and water.
- Stanley Park: enjoy the native American Totem Poles and the Vancouver Aquarium in the biggest North America urban park.
- Vancouver Aquarium: variety of sealife – dolphins, beluga whales, sea turtles and sea lions
- Capilano Suspension Bridge: located over Capilano river, hundreds of feet tall.
- Grouse Mountain: enjoy Wildlife Refuge situated on 5 acre with its wolves and bears.
The Vancouver cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Vancouver, BC Canada.
If you lose the Vancouver location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Vancouver cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Vancouver, BC Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
7 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
14 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
28 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
Vancouver port welcomed a record number of cruise passengers on Saturday, when 3 ships emptied a total of 15,800 people into the city. While...May 21, 2017
A Princess Cruises departure from downtown Vancouver has been delayed for hours after police allegedly found a number of crew members with...May 12, 2017
Ruby Princess, the last cruise ship of 2015 season for Port of Vancouver, departed Canada Place yesterday, marking the end of an extended season...December 16, 2015
In collaboration with Vancouver Airport Authority, Port Metro Vancouver unveiled the installing of ten, first in the world...May 15, 2015
- show more news