Crystal Serenity last position
Specifications of Crystal Serenity
|Year built||2003 / Age: 17|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Ocean Cruises|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||250 m / 820 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||68870 gt|
|Passengers||980 - 1254|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Julie Andrews|
Crystal Serenity Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jan 05||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$4649|
|2021 Jan 05||127 days, one-way from Miami to Civitavecchia||Miami||$48164|
|2021 Jan 05||139 days, one-way from Miami to Dover||Miami||$45979|
|2021 Jan 21||21 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Brisbane||Los Angeles||$5949|
|2021 Jan 21||111 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Civitavecchia||Los Angeles||$49827|
|2021 Jan 21||123 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Dover||Los Angeles||$55622|
|2021 Jan 27||15 days, one-way from Honolulu to Brisbane||Honolulu||$5699|
|2021 Feb 11||18 days, one-way from Brisbane to Hong Kong||Brisbane||$5999|
|2021 Mar 01||12 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Tokyo||Hong Kong||$4949|
|2021 Mar 01||24 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$12292|
|2021 Mar 13||5 days, one-way from Tokyo to Incheon||Tokyo||$1299|
|2021 Mar 13||12 days, one-way from Tokyo to Shanghai||Tokyo||$6549|
|2021 Mar 13||42 days, one-way from Tokyo to Dubai||Tokyo||$17802|
|2021 Mar 18||7 days, one-way from Incheon to Shanghai||Incheon||$5249|
|2021 Mar 25||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai||$5249|
|2021 Apr 08||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$4649|
|2021 Apr 24||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai||$5999|
|2021 Apr 24||30 days, one-way from Dubai to Dover||Dubai||$11580|
|2021 May 12||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Dover||Civitavecchia||$4349|
|2021 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Fjords Castles - London Roundtrip||Dover||$2999|
|2021 Jun 06||21 days, one-way from Dover to Copenhagen||Dover||$10345|
|2021 Jun 13||14 days, one-way from Dover to Copenhagen||Dover|
|2021 Jun 13||25 days, one-way from Dover to Stockholm||Dover||$12102|
|2021 Jun 13||37 days, round-trip Grand Journey Norwegian Fjords Baltic Sea - London Dover Roundtrip||Dover||$17992|
|2021 Jun 27||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4699|
|2021 Jun 27||23 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Dover||Copenhagen||$10440|
|2021 Jul 08||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Dover||Stockholm||$5349|
|2021 Jul 08||24 days, one-way from Stockholm to Reykjavik||Stockholm||$11105|
|2021 Jul 20||12 days, one-way from Dover to Reykjavik||Dover||$5349|
|2021 Aug 01||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$5549|
|2021 Aug 01||47 days, one-way from Reykjavik to New York||Reykjavik||$25735|
|2021 Aug 13||7 days, one-way from Dover to Belfast||Dover||$3099|
|2021 Aug 20||7 days, one-way from Belfast to Dover||Belfast||$3099|
|2021 Aug 27||9 days, one-way from Dover to Southampton||Dover||$3499|
|2021 Aug 27||21 days, one-way from Dover to New York||Dover||$10297|
|2021 Aug 27||29 days, one-way from Dover to Quebec City||Dover||$14240|
|2021 Sep 05||12 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton||$4149|
|2021 Sep 17||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$2999|
|2021 Sep 25||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$3049|
|2021 Oct 03||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$3049|
|2021 Oct 11||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$2999|
|2021 Oct 11||15 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$5642|
|2021 Oct 11||39 days, one-way from Quebec City to Miami||Quebec City||$13575|
|2021 Oct 19||7 days, round-trip New England Classic - New York City Roundtrip||New York||$2499|
|2021 Oct 19||31 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$10297|
|2021 Oct 26||24 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$6849|
|2021 Oct 26||40 days, one-way from New York to San Juan||New York||$12957|
|2021 Nov 19||9 days, round-trip Tropical Thanksgiving - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$2749|
|2021 Nov 19||23 days, round-trip Grand Journey Connoisseurs Caribbean - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$6687|
|2021 Nov 28||7 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$2149|
|2021 Dec 05||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$2149|
|2021 Dec 05||17 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$5357|
|2021 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Caribbean Cachet - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$3049|
|2021 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Holiday - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$5749|
|2022 Jan 05||12 days, round-trip Captivating Caribbean - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$3549|
|2022 Jan 05||28 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$8663|
|2022 Jan 17||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$4849|
|2022 Jan 17||102 days, one-way from Miami to Monte Carlo||Miami||$46122|
|2022 Jan 17||116 days, round-trip Myths, Marvels Monuments A Cultural Mosaic - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$51347|
|2022 Feb 02||19 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Auckland||Los Angeles||$5359|
|2022 Feb 02||86 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Monte Carlo||Los Angeles||$39795|
|2022 Feb 02||100 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$45020|
|2022 Feb 02||116 days, round-trip Myths, Marvels Monuments A Cultural Mosaic - Los Angeles Roundtrip||Los Angeles||$51347|
|2022 Feb 21||18 days, one-way from Auckland to Fremantle||Auckland||$7749|
|2022 Mar 11||18 days, one-way from Fremantle to Mumbai||Fremantle||$4649|
|2022 Mar 29||18 days, one-way from Mumbai to Istanbul||Mumbai||$6449|
|2022 Mar 29||31 days, one-way from Mumbai to Monte Carlo||Mumbai||$13717|
|2022 Apr 16||13 days, one-way from Istanbul to Monte Carlo||Istanbul||$5999|
|2022 Apr 16||27 days, one-way from Istanbul to Miami||Istanbul||$11019|
|2022 Apr 29||14 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Miami||Monte Carlo||$3999|
|2022 May 13||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$4799|
|2022 May 29||16 days, round-trip Hawaiian Island Shores - Los Angeles Roundtrip||Los Angeles||$4999|
|2022 May 29||25 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$7694|
|2022 Jun 14||9 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Vancouver||Los Angeles||$2499|
|2022 Jun 23||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$2799|
|2022 Jun 30||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$2799|
|2022 Jul 07||11 days, round-trip Fascinating Frontiers - Vancouver Roundtrip||Vancouver||$3999|
|2022 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Treetops Totems - Vancouver Roundtrip||Vancouver||$2999|
|2022 Jul 25||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier||Vancouver||$2999|
|2022 Aug 01||7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver||Whittier||$2999|
|2022 Aug 08||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$2249|
|2022 Aug 08||25 days, one-way from Vancouver to New York||Vancouver||$6412|
|2022 Aug 15||18 days, one-way from Los Angeles to New York||Los Angeles||$4299|
|2022 Sep 02||7 days, round-trip New England Treasures - New York City Roundtrip||New York||$2999|
|2022 Sep 02||17 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$6364|
|2022 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$3699|
|2022 Sep 19||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$2999|
|2022 Sep 27||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$2999|
|2022 Oct 05||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$3299|
|2022 Oct 13||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$3299|
|2022 Oct 21||14 days, one-way from Quebec City to Miami||Quebec City||$3999|
|2022 Nov 04||11 days, one-way from Miami to Puntarenas||Miami||$2999|
|2022 Nov 15||10 days, one-way from Puntarenas to Miami||Puntarenas||$2499|
|2022 Nov 15||19 days, one-way from Puntarenas to San Juan||Puntarenas||$4512|
|2022 Nov 25||9 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$2249|
|2022 Dec 04||8 days, round-trip Colors Of The Caribbean - San Juan Roundtrip||San Juan||$1999|
|2022 Dec 12||9 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$2249|
|2022 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip East To West Caribbean Celebration - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$5499|
|2023 Jan 04||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Interlude - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$2299|
|2023 Jan 07||15 days, one-way from Mumbai to Singapore||Mumbai||$6079|
|2023 Jan 11||15 days, one-way from Miami to Callao||Miami||$4599|
|2023 Jan 11||119 days, one-way from Miami to Piraeus||Miami||$35669|
|2023 Jan 11||128 days, one-way from Miami to Venice||Miami||$38994|
|2023 Jan 11||140 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$43364|
|2023 Jan 22||16 days, round-trip Grand Journey Vietnam Thailand Discovery - Singapore Roundtrip||Singapore||$7029|
|2023 Jan 26||16 days, one-way from Callao to Papeete||Callao||$4999|
|2023 Feb 11||19 days, one-way from Papeete to Brisbane||Papeete||$5999|
|2023 Feb 22||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$5699|
|2023 Mar 02||23 days, one-way from Brisbane to Singapore||Brisbane||$6999|
|2023 Mar 10||14 days, round-trip Grand Journey Arabian Peninsula Adventure - Dubai Roundtrip||Dubai||$4987|
|2023 Mar 24||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus||Dubai||$7504|
|2023 Mar 25||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Colombo||Singapore||$4499|
|2023 Apr 08||14 days, one-way from Colombo to Mombasa||Colombo||$4999|
|2023 Apr 22||18 days, one-way from Mombasa to Piraeus||Mombasa||$6499|
|2023 May 10||9 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus||$3499|
|2023 May 19||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$4599|
|2023 Jun 19||8 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$3499|
|2023 Jun 27||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Istanbul||Piraeus||$5999|
|2023 Jul 09||9 days, one-way from Istanbul to Venice||Istanbul||$4299|
|2023 Jul 18||7 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice||$3299|
|2023 Jul 25||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$3299|
|2023 Aug 01||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$3299|
|2023 Aug 08||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$3999|
|2023 Aug 17||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$4999|
|2023 Aug 29||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2999|
|2023 Sep 05||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Le Havre||Lisbon||$4299|
|2023 Sep 16||11 days, one-way from Le Havre to New York||Le Havre||$3999|
|2023 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip New England Immersion - New York City Roundtrip||New York||$2999|
|2023 Oct 04||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$3499|
|2023 Oct 10||17 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus||$6317|
|2023 Oct 12||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$3499|
|2023 Oct 20||8 days, one-way from New York to Quebec City||New York||$3299|
|2023 Oct 28||8 days, one-way from Quebec City to New York||Quebec City||$3299|
|2023 Nov 05||12 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$3799|
|2023 Nov 17||11 days, round-trip Boutique Caribbean - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$3299|
|2023 Nov 28||10 days, round-trip Sunkissed Tradewinds - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$3299|
|2023 Dec 08||7 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$2299|
|2023 Dec 15||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$2299|
|2023 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Tropical Holiday Wonders - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$5999|
Crystal Serenity Review
Review of Crystal Serenity
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all-inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
The 68,870-ton, 980-passenger cruise ship Crystal Serenity sailed on its Inaugural Cruise on July 7, 2003 - 14-day Baltic Sea itinerary from Southampton. Ship's first World Voyage started on January 14, 2004 (106-day itinerary from LA, ending in NYC).
Crystal Serenity was launched after Crystal Harmony (1990, now Asuka 2) and followed by Crystal Symphony (1995). In response to demand, Crystal Serenity offers twice as many penthouse cabins in comparison to fleet's other vessels. There are two paddle tennis courts (instead of one) as boat's devotees are fiercely competitive in this field.
The Serenity ship is shiny, beautiful, very spacious, with a calm and quiet atmosphere, elegant decoration. Ship's interior colors are calming – muted golds, greens, blues, grays, and reds. Stateroom furniture and wood accents are in darker gamma, with lively colorful bedding, curtains, upholstery and wall coverings. Ship's interior spaces were designed by the companies Tillberg (Sweden), Garroni (Italy), Okada (Japan), Nix Firestone (USA), BBGM (USA), Stephen John (UK), II By IV Canada).
Cruise itinerary program
Crystal Serenity itinerary program is based on a “World Cruise” (out of Miami FL or San Francisco), Caribbean voyages, Mediterranean Sea and Canada/New England Fall Foliage cruises from Quebec and NYC.
The world's most awarded luxury cruise line, Crystal Cruises included in the Serenity ship's itinerary program the legendary Northwest Passage Cruises on August 16, 2017. Crystal Serenity navigated in the Arctic Ocean leaving out of Anchorage (Seward Alaska) to NYC New York via the famous Arctic route (500 ml north of Arctic Circle). This 32-nights itinerary provided passengers with an expedition style of Arctic cruising.
The history that surrounds the route stems back to over 100 years ago when it was first completed by Roald Amundsen. This route covers 900 miles of waterways filled with stunning fjords, glaciers and vast landscapes. Crystal Serenity was escorted by the ICE 05 classed icebreaker Ernest Shackleton (equipped to navigate through ice-covered waters) through the Northwest Passage. The companionship is operated by the British Antarctic Survey and provided operational support and safety to the 1,070-passenger luxury vessel. Crystal Cruises is the first major, luxury cruise line to try sailing through the icy waters of Northwest Passage.
Ernest Shackleton was equipped with two helicopters for emergency use, tools for oil pollution containment, high-tech communications equipment, and survival rations. The crew has experience in the Northwest Passage and using the safety equipment. Crystal Serenity was upgraded with ice detection radar, ice navigation system and forward-looking sonar. The bridge team received ice navigation training, and ice pilots boarded both vessels (Ernest Shackleton and Serenity) for the crossing. The crew of Ernest Shackleton also assisted with cruise company's "Unexpected Adventures" tours - like helicopter flightseeing, Zodiac wet landings, speed boat rides, and kayaking.
In 2017 the ship had its second Northwest Passage expedition.
Most Crystal Serenity staterooms are 225-sq.foot Balcony rooms (65%). There are a total of 623 staterooms (of which 108 Suite, 356 Balcony, no Inside rooms) in 13 categories, as well as 10 wheelchair accessible cabins. The largest aboard Crystal Serenity are the 4 Crystal Penthouses (category CP), sizes 1345 ft2 / 125 m2 (with the balcony). During 2018 refit, the ship received 36 Seabreeze Penthouses and 2 Seabreeze Penthouse Suites, while reducing capacity from 1,070 to 980 passengers.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The formal restaurant on Crystal Serenity serves open seating breakfast and lunch. Dinner is in two assigned seatings, or open seating. Although there is no additional charge for the Italian and Asian specialty restaurants, reservations are required. On select days, theme luncheons and dinners are offered poolside and special wine dinners are held in ship's Vintage Room. Other choices include the casual Lido buffet for breakfast and lunch; poolside grill for snacks and casual lunch; The Bistro specialty coffee & wine bar for snacks all day and evening. Afternoon tea is served in Crystal Serenity's Palm Court. Room service is available 24 hours, with an extensive menu. Selections can be delivered during dinner hours from the menu of the formal restaurant. Suite passengers can order from the specialty restaurants.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Serenity restaurants and food bars.
- “Crystal” (aft Dining Room, features a gourmet menu with regionally inspired and traditional dishes; offers “Dining by Reservation” option - guests can reserve each night different time by contacting the Maitre D). Following the dry dock in October 2018, Crystal Dining Room was transformed into Waterside, with increased seating capacity, more tables for 2 and 4, and new decor.
- “The Vintage Room” (10-seat fine dining venue with sommelier service, at surcharge US$200 plus, depending on the wine selection; on special cruises it operates as “Ultimate Vintage Dining Room” and some of the rarest wines in the world are served - the cover charge sores up to US$1,000 and more)
- “Silk Road” (Asian dinner-only specialty restaurant; reservations are recommended), was re-branded as Umi Uma & Sushi Bar after 2018 refit but continues serving Nobu’s signature dishes.
- “The Sushi Bar” (Japanese specialty dinner restaurant; reservations-only)
- “Prego” (Italian specialty dinner only, reservations only restaurant)
- “Trident Bar & Grill” (fast-food venue; features lush greenery with live olive trees)
- “Tastes” (waiter-service lido pool buffet; serves casual late Breakfast, Lunch and alfresco Dinner) became Silk Kitchen & Bar after 2018 refit and serves Chinese comfort food.
- Marketplace & Churrascaria Buffet - “Lido Cafe” (self-service buffet restaurant serving the pool deck area) became The Marketplace during daytime and a Brazilian steakhouse, Churrascaria, in the evening.
- Supper Club is a bar lounge with live music, part of Stardust Club. The Supper Club is offered on the first and last “Black Tie Optional” evenings on itineraries 8-days and longer. Club's capacity is up to 108 passengers. Seating starts at 6:30 pm. During the day, the lounge hosts trivia quizzes, bingo games, media presentations.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Galaxy Lounge on Crystal Serenity is the main showroom for headline entertainers and award-winning Broadway-style production shows. It features comfortable seating and a rising stage for optimum viewing. In addition to sophisticated staging, the shows each feature elaborate costumes created by renowned designers.
Crystal Serenity amenities include 24-Hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Babysitting, Laundry & Self-Serve Laundromats.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Serenity lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- “Crystal Cove” (piano bar)
- “Galaxy Lounge” (main show lounge for grand show productions; with a large hydraulic stage and a full orchestra)
- The “Crystal Casino” (410 m2, with 86 slots and poker machines, gambling tables)
- “Hollywood Theatre” (cinema with a stage for live performances; also hosts conferences, lectures, presentations, Broadway-style show productions, comedy shows)
- “Pulse” disco & nightclub (hosts DJ program nightly, karaoke and trivia shows)
- “Avenue of the Stars” (280 m2 shopping area; has four duty-free boutique shops - Crystal Collection, Apropos, Facets, Captain’s Choice)
- “The Bistro” (Paris-inspired specialty coffee bar, all-complimentary)
- The Serenity’s “Library” (3000+ books in different languages, movies, and videos, board games)
- “Stardust Club” is a bar lounge hosting daily trivia quizzes, presentations, bingo games, lectures, classes, as well as live music performances (Crystal Sextet) in the evenings. Late night snacks are served between 11 pm -12 midnight.
- “PhotoShop” (photo and video services, accessories, equipment)
- “Connoisseur Club” (fine cognac and cigar club/smoking lounge)
- “Avenue Saloon” (piano bar)
- “Computer University @ Sea” (24-hour 25-seat capacity Internet computers room; hosts computer and Internet classes)
- “The Studio” (serves the “Creative Learning” enrichment program: language lessons, digital film making, Yamaha keyboard and piano lessons, all complimentary)
- “Bridge Lounge” (cards playing room)
- “Palm Court” (observation lounge & bar; serves Afternoon Tea, hosts art auctions, themed parties, classic concerts)
- “Waves” (teen club lounge)
- “Fantasia” (kids club lounge area with two playrooms for children 3-7yo and 8-12yo; babysitting is available for toddlers 1+ yo)
- Seahorse Pool area (with a lap pool flanked by two Whirlpools); Neptune Pool area
- “Scoops” (outdoor Ice Cream Bar)
- “Fitness Center” (with panoramic floor-ceiling windows; has a separate room for complimentary classes (yoga, pilates, aerobics)
- “Crystal Spa” (540 m2 Feng Shui-inspired Wellness Center; includes the Gym, relaxation area, treatment rooms, 2 saunas/steam rooms and the “Crystal Salon”)
- Promenade deck (walking/jogging track; hosts the “Walk On Water” daily walking programme)
- The Sports Area (Tennis Tables, two Golf Driving Nets, Putting Green)
- Deck Games (Shuffleboard); Tennis Tables; “Wimbledon Court” (2 tennis courts); Golf Putting Green.
Crystal Serenity - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal SerenityAdd Photo
Crystal Serenity ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The top-luxury brand Crystal Cruises announced in an update on its website on Friday, July 31, that it will cancel all yacht (ships Esprit and...August 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Reservations are open for the 2023 itineraries on Crystal Symphony. In all, the premium cruise ship is scheduled to sail 36 itineraries (6- to 15...August 1, 2020
- Cruise Industry
On July 24, Crystal Cruises commemorated its 30th anniversary of luxury cruising. The company's Crystal Harmony sailed from San Francisco CA to...July 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced 7-night Caribbean itineraries (themed as "Sunkissed Chic and Tropical Interlude") for the ship Crystal Serenity, with...June 14, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium brand Crystal Cruises introduced a new policy to protect future customers in the event of unexpected itinerary changes. On June 2, the...June 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced the complete 2023 deployment for its 980-passenger Crystal Serenity. Across 32 sailings ranging in length from 7 to 23...May 30, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The themed "Wild Kingdoms and Exotic Discoveries" world voyage of Crystal Serenity is packed with 73 destinations, including 5 maiden ports and 16...May 28, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises unveiled a selection of journeys that offers more options for passengers seeking expanded global trips, as well as those with limited...April 27, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises unveiled its 2022 Full World Cruise onboard Crystal Serenity, a singular circumnavigation with 5 embarkation and disembarkation...March 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Veteran travel expert Peter Greenberg released a preview of The Travel Detective special which stars the luxury liner Crystal Serenity. The full...March 9, 2019
- show more news
Other Crystal Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Serenity Wiki
On July 9, 2002, vessel’s keel was laid at Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in St Nazaire. On July 3, 2003, the ship was christened in Southampton by the UK actress Julie Andrews. On July 7, 2003, was the Inaugural Cruise - 14-day roundtrip from Southampton to Northern European ports.
On January 14, 2004, the ship started her first "Around The World Cruis", leaving from USA (Los Angeles CA) on a 106-day itinerary (Jan 14 - May 5) ending in NYC New York.
In Summer 2016, Crystal Serenity became the world's 3rd cruise ship with a Northwest Passage Cruise - after the 2013 voyages of Compagnie du Ponant's superyachts Le Soleal, and Le Boreal. The 32-days long one-way itinerary was from Seward Alaska to NYC New York (August 16 to September 16), with ports of call Kodiak Island Alaska (Aug 17), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (Aug 19), Nome Alaska (Aug 21), Victoria Island Nunavut Canada (Aug 27 and 29), Baffin Island Nunavut Canada (Sept 4), Ilulissat Greenland (Sept 7), Sisimiut Greenland (Sept 8), Nuuk Greenland (Sept 9), Bar Harbor Maine (Sept 13), Boston Massachusetts (Sept 14) and Newport Rhode Island (Sept 15).
In 2017 the Serenity ship has scheduled a second Northwest Passage transit. The 2017 cruise itinerary (32-days Seward to New York City, August 15 through September 15) included the same ports of call - Kodiak Island Alaska (Aug 16), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (Aug 18), Nome Alaska (Aug 20), Victoria Island Nunavut Canada (Aug 25 and 28), Baffin Island Nunavut Canada (Sept 3), Ilulissat Greenland (Sept 6), Sisimiut Greenland (Sept 7), Nuuk Greenland (Sept 8), Bar Harbor ME USA (Sept 12), Boston MA USA (Sept 13) and Newport RI USA (Sept 14). The cruise prices started from around USD 22,000 per person (double occupancy rates).
Crystal Serenity refurbishment 2018 review
Ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment (October 18 - November 6, done at Lloyd Werft shipyard in Bremerhaven Germany) reduced its passenger capacity in order to enable single-seating dining. Following the dry-dock, Crystal Serenity offers to all its passengers free Wi-Fi (regardless of cabin category).
- On deck 9, two new balcony cabin categories were introduced - Seabreeze Penthouse Suite (12 new suites added) and Seabreeze Penthouse (28 new suites added). The new staterooms have the same size as the existing Penthouse (365 ft2 / 34 m2) and Penthouse Suite (490 ft2 / 46 m2). Seabreeze Penthouses are connecting cabins (sharing an entryway).
- All Penthouses offer enhanced all-inclusive amenities, including butler service, in-cabin dining, complimentary specialty restaurants dining).
- Cabin conversions reduced the ship's capacity from 1254 to 980, thus increasing the guest-to-space ratio to 70,3.
- Stardust Club (deck 6) was redesigned and upgraded with new accent lighting, upholsteries of banquettes, new loose seating (replacing the dance floor).
- Crystal Dining Room (deck 7) was renamed "Waterside" and upgraded with additional 2- and 4-seat tables. New open-seating dining (between 6-9:30 pm) replaced the old assigned seating and required dinner reservations. Breakfasts and lunches are served as usual. Dining room changes also included new marble flooring, new screen dividers, new seating configuration (increased 2-4-seat tables), new chandelier.
- Lido Cafe operates as Marketplace (during the day) and as Churrascaria (steakhouse, by night). The restaurant features an open kitchen and made-to-order dishes. Marketplace serves buffet breakfast and lunch, while Churrascaria serves casual dinner (between 6-9 pm). The Brazilian-themed Churrascaria restaurant features Caipirinha (welcome cocktail event) and selection of Brazilian dishes (grilled seafood and meats, tapas, ceviche, salads). Meats are served by “gauchos” (dedicated staff) on traditional meat skewers.
- On Deck 12, Tastes restaurant was redesigned (with Asian-themed interior) and renamed "Silk Kitchen and Bar". The menu was upgraded with modern Chinese fare (family-size dinner plates) served throughout the day. Self-service is available at breakfast and lunch, and also includes traditional Chinese food (dumplings, Chinois salad, soup, noodle bar). Dinners at Silk Kitchen are open-seating (reservations-recommended) and served between 6-9 pm.
- Trident Bar and Grill serves casual grilled food (including fast food - burgers, sandwiches).
- Silk Road and The Sushi Bar (both specialty restaurants by celebrity-chef Nobu Matsuhisa) were renamed "Umi Uma". Umi Uma offers Nobu-inspired dishes prepared by Nobu-trained chefs.
- Umi Uma and Prego restaurants reservations are complimentary for Penthouse passengers. To all other cabin categories, 1 complimentary specialty dining is offered (additional reservations are available at a surcharge).
- The new free of charge Wi-Fi is shipwide, and the result of the company's investment in new hardware and software for expanded onboard connectivity and faster (doubled) satellite Internet speed.
- Crystal Connect is ship's new onboard portal for internet connections and various shipboard info (menus, news, scheduled activities, shore excursions, itinerary ports, international digital news media, movies library, lectures, etc). Crystal Connect (mobile app) is available for personal devices.
- All cruise cabins were upgraded with new 42-inch smart TVs with interactive panels (infotainment system).
- Ship's Computer University at Sea (enrichment workshops) were updated and redesigned.
- Among the redesigned public spaces is the fore-located Palm Court (observation lounge on deck 12), where was added more intimate seating. Lounge's stage was relocated, and the former stage area was transformed into dedicated "Afternoon Tea" space offering fresh leaf teas and house-made pastries in the afternoons. Palm Court's bar was also renovated.
Along with all Lloyd Werft workers, the refurbishment project also involved several hundred crew and sub-contractors. Almaco Group (1998-founded company) was the project's supervisor.
In May 2016, the ship received overhauls of all Penthouse Suites. Also renovated were the Lido Deck's Trident Grill, Lido Cafe, and Tastes restaurant. The 2016 drydock in Cadiz also included general maintenance works.
The list of deck plan changes after the November 2013 drydock refurbishment includes:
- general maintenance work, including propulsion upgrade (left-side Rolls-Royce Azimuth thruster replacement), new hull coating, air ducts cleaning, reverse osmosis plant inspection.
- introducing of new “Deluxe PURE” category of staterooms (hypoallergenic cabins)
- redesign of the Tastes buffet and the Lido area (deck 12)
- new LED lighting in public rooms.
- Drydock 2013 refurbishment project’s total cost was USD 17 million.
Crystal World Cruise 2023
Crystal Cruises "World Cruise 2023" prices started from just USD 43360 per person (USD 310 per day). The 140-day itinerary (westbound out of Miami USA) visits ports and island destinations in the Caribbean, South America, South Pacific Ocean, Southeast Asia, Africa, Southern Europe (Mediterranean).
Also available for booking were shorter itineraries (segments of the World Voyage 2023) including 128-days (Miami to Venice, USD 39000 pp) and 119-days (Miami to Piraeus-Athens, USD 35670 pp).
Crystal World Cruise 2022
In late-March 2019, Crystal Cruises announced company's 27th world voyage ("2022 Full World Cruise") on Crystal Serenity. The circumnavigation itinerary offers 5 embarkation/disembarkation ports (segments ranging from 82 to 116 days).
Itinerary's most popular sea travel destinations include Mediterranean, Azores, Transatlantic crossing, Caribbean (Nicaragua, Jamaica, Guatemala), Panama Canal, Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa, Australia New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India, Maldives, Holy Land, Arabian Gulf, Suez Canal, Black Sea (Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania, Turkey), Greece (Crete, Rhodes), French Riviera. Smaller segments (12-19-day each) are also available for booking.
Full World Cruise can be booked as roundtrip from Miami or Los Angeles (116-days), Miami to Monte Carlo (102-day), Los Angeles to Monte Carlo (100-day) or Los Angeles to Miami (86-day). General public bookings were opened on April 10, 2019.