Costa Victoria Review and Specifications
Specifications of Costa Victoria
|Builder||BREMER VULKAN WERFT UND MASCHINENFABRIK GMBH|
|Year of built||1996|
|Gross Tonnage||75166 gt|
|Passengers||1928 - 2314|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Costa Victoria
Launched in 1996, Costa Victoria is Costa Cruises Sky-class ship. The ship cost US $390 million to build and was last refurbished in 2013.
History - construction & ownership
“Costa Crociere” is a British-American owned Italian cruise line based in Genoa, Italy. Costa is one of the main operating companies in the Carnival group, and a member of the exclusive “World’s Leading Cruise Lines Alliance” (WLCLA), which also includes Carnival, Cunard, Holland America, The Yachts of Seabourn, Princess, and Windstar. One of the best cruise lines for Mediterranean and among the best family lines, the Costa company rules over Europe with its best “Italian Style Cruising” experiences.
The 75,166-ton, 1,928-passenger cruise ship Costa Victoria is a vessel from the cruise line's "Before Joe" era and, as such, her decor is more Spartan, missing the neon-tinged "wow" factor for which the interior architect and designer Joe Farcus is known. Costa Victoria is an older cruise liner, released in 1996, and even though she had a great refurbishment in 2004 (adding 242 balconies and mini-cabins), Victoria was still a bit behind the times. However, Costa Victoria turned into a “new ship”, when she left Singapore on November 11, 2013 after a US$18 million dry-dock renovation.
Cruise itinerary program
Most Costa Victoria staterooms are 145-sq.foot Inside rooms (391). There are a total of 964 staterooms in 9 main categories. 6 are the wheelchair accessible cabins. The largest aboard Costa Victoria are the Balcony Suites (475 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Ristorante Sinfonia is one of the five restaurants on Costa Victoria. It is located on deck 5 and offers two fixed dinner seatings. Like the Sinfonia, Ristorante Fantasia is the second MDR, also on deck 5. It features the same menu as the Sinfonia restaurant. Ristorante Buffet Bolero is the casual restaurant onboard Costa Victoria. It is open for breakfast and lunch and consists of a number of stations serving a selection of food. Afternoon tea is also served with drinks, sandwiches and cakes available for passengers.
Follows the complete list of Costa Victoria restaurants and food bars.
- Ristorante Fantasia (forward Dining Room, complimentary; serves open seating breakfast and lunch, 2 fixed dinner seatings - at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.)
- Ristorante Sinfonia (aft Dining Room, complimentary; dinner-only with 2 fixed dinner seatings - at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.)
- Ristorante Buffet Bolero (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea at 4-5:00 p.m., and dinner; in the evening is transformed into Pizzeria, complimentary, with waiter service)
- Caffe Terrazza (outdoor seating area served by buffet’s grill station; smoking zone)
- Gelateria e Grill Nettuno (“Neptune Ice Cream Bar & Grill”, part of the Bolero buffet)
- Club Il Magnifico (158-seat dinner specialty restaurant; reservations-only)
- La Tavernetta (Pizzeria restaurant, complimentary; offers fresh pizza by the slice).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Costa Victoria ship provides two dining rooms, casino, theater, three pools & four jacuzzis plus SPA. For today’s norms Victoria’s design looks strange with the gym & spa buried on the 6th Deck, and the so called “theater” looking more like a lounge room with stage. The balcony rooms are a good addition, and with the latest Singapore upgrades Costa spent a lot of money on the new stylish and advanced amenities. Cruisers are given both a cabin key and an onboard charge card, not as is available on many other cruise ships with a digital room key.
Follows the complete list of Costa Victoria lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Atrio Planetarium (7-deck high Victoria ship’s Atrium with floor-ceiling panoramic windows, glass-wall elevators, live music entertainment; served by Bar Planetarium)
- Terme Pompei Spas (Spa complex via partnership with Elemis; includes Steam Room, Sauna, Treatment Rooms, Piscina Coperta adults-only pool with a Spa Whirlpool)
- Pallestra (panoramic Gym with modern equipment; features daily program with free aerobics and fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates are chargeable)
- Venus Beauty Salon (Salone di Bellezza, also with barber services)
- Giardino d’Invierno (“Winter Garden” lounge area)
- Grand Bar Orpheus (lounge & bar with dance floor and live entertainment)
- Discoteca Rock Star (Disco & Nightclub with own bar, nightly DJ program)
- Arcadia Boulevard (shop for photos by ship’s photographers)
- Area Bambini Peter Pan (kids playroom; Squok Club kids program with supervised activities; complimentary babysitting between 11:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.)
- Area Foto (Photo Gallery & Shop)
- Teatro Festival (2-level theatre and main show lounge)
- Concorde Plaza (3-deck observation and show lounge for nightly live entertainment after the theater’s show)
- Galleria Montmartre (Art Gallery)
- Gioelleria e Profumeria (jewelry and perfumes shop)
- Negozio “Duty Free” (tobaccos, liquors and convenience goods shop)
- Portobello Market (shopping alley with duty-free luxury boutiques)
- Sala Carte Jolly (cards room)
- Capriccio Lounge & Bar (wine bar with dance floor and grand piano)
- Tavoli da Gioco (Video Games Arcade)
- Casino Montecarlo
- Bar Sirena (outdoor)
- Biblioteca & Internet Point (Library & Internet computers room)
- Cappella (Wedding Chapel, also used for religious services)
- Pista da Ballo (with dance floor)
- Piscina Pools (outdoor area with 4 Whirlpools)
- Squok Club (kids lounge with Mini Club (3-6 yo) and Maxi Club (7-11 yo) playing rooms; with complimentary kids programme and supervised activities; complimentary babysitting)
- Teen Zone (teenagers' lounge with Teen Junior (12-14 yo) and Teen Club (15-17 yo) rooms; complimentary supervised activities, themed parties, sport contests)
- Campo da Tennis Wimbledon (combined Basketball & Tennis Court)
- Solarium (the largest open-air area onboard).
Costa Victoria wiki
Year built 1996
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 1930 (2270 max) / 800
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 75,170 tons / 828 ft (252 m)
Ship builder Bremer Vulkan (Germany)
Building cost USD 390 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Costa Cruises
Christened by Mary Ma
Official website link CostaCruise.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Asia cruise itineraries
On November 30, 2015, Costa Asia opened the company's office in Japan. Then was announced that for the summer 2016 season, the Costa Victoria itinerary program will include cruises in Japan. In the period July-September 2016, the Victoria ship will stop at the Japanese ports of call Fukuoka, Maizuru, Kanazawa and Matsue, plus Pusan (Busan) in South Korea. The 5-day itinerary has no sea days and offers embarkation and disembarkation in either Fukuoka, Maizuru or Kanazawa.
These itineraries are designed as short break family vacation deals on departures exclusively out of Japan. The ship's 2016 season in Japan includes the Obon holidays (Buddhist-Confucian custom) and the school breaks in the summer. The list of Costa Asia cruise ships in 2017 also included Atlantica, Fortuna, neoRomantica and Serena. Follows a list of Costa Asia cruises on Victoria that were open for international booking.