Oasis Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oasis Of The Seas
|Builder||STX Europe (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 1,4 billion|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||360 m / 1181 ft|
|Beam (width)||64 m / 210 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||225282 gt|
|Passengers||5484 - 6307|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Christened by||Daisy Fuentes, Dara Torres, Gloria Estefan, Jane Seymour, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Michelle Kwan, Shawn Johnson|
Review of Oasis Of The Seas
Launched in 2009, Oasis of the Seas is the 1st Oasis-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Allure of the Seas (2010), as well as the Oasis 3 class and new “world’s largest” Harmony of the Seas (2016). The ship cost US$1.4 billion to build (2006 shiporder rates) and was last refurbished in 2014.
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger cruise ship Oasis of the Seas is one of the largest cruise liners in the world. Oasis has been the most anticipated newbuild since Cunard's Queen Mary 2. Her innovations, such as the first-ever Boardwalk and Central Park at sea, are already legendary. Innovations on Oasis of the Seas are, by no means, limited to passenger-friendly advances. Royal Caribbean also introduced a number of new technical and environmental tools which allow the cruise to be more efficient and eco-responsible.
Curious about the 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas? This unique floating island reinvented the definition of Royal Caribbean of a megaship. Oasis' neighborhoods include foliage-filled Central Park with 12,175 plants; innovative 2-deck Loft Suites; 20 onboard dining options and more.
- The vessel contains 3,300 miles of cables, which is roughly the width of the United States.
- 110,230 pounds of ice cubes are prepared daily.
- Central Park features 56 trees and bamboo, 62 vine plants, 12,500 plants.
- The AquaTheater pool is 18 feet deep and is one of the biggest pools at sea.
- 4.7 mill pounds of fresh water are used in 24 hours.
- Oasis of the Seas boasts 7,000 works of commissioned artwork.
- The ship has 20 chefs, 222 cooks , 102 sanitation/cleaning culinary crew.
- The breads and pastries are all made fresh onboard. The bakery machine makes 4,000 rolls per hour.
- Consumption in a week: 18,000 pounds of potatoes; 16,000 pounds of chicken; 15,600 pounds of beef; 62,000 pounds of fresh vegetables; 45,000 pounds of fresh fruit; 86,400 eggs; 10,200 bottles of beer; 3,500 bottles of water; 2,225 bottles of wine; 8,000 gallons of ice cream; 18,000 slices of pizza.
Cruise itinerary program
Oasis of the Seas itinerary program is based on 7-day Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises Fort Lauderdale FL. Feature port destinations include Cozumel Mexico, Nassau Bahamas, Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten, Jamaica, and Labadee (the private island resort of Royal Caribbean in Haiti).
Most Oasis of the Seas staterooms are 170-sq.foot insides (498). There are a total of 2706 staterooms in 43 categories. 46 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Oasis of the Seas are the Royal Loft Suites (149 m2). The new “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Oasis' highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The cruise liner features new-to-Royal Caribbean types of dining venues that range from spa cuisine to elaborately staged meals and wine pairings. Oasis of the Seas' guests won't be disappointed if they choose to eat in the free restaurants: the service, quality and variety are exceptional, especially in the main dining rooms. The “American Icon Grill” offers a la carte open seating breakfast and lunch, “Brasserie 30” menu, and two assigned dinner seatings, as well as increadible Private Dining area. American Icon Grill is one of all three restaurants by Royal Caribbean’s new dynamic dining concept (which features early/late diner seatings, as well as “My Time Dining” option). The 58-seat Cafe Promenade is a 24-hour spot in ship's Royal Promenade. The cafe serves up cookies, brownies, small sandwiches and coffee. The Cafe Promenade is also one of the several spots to grab free Seattle's Best Coffee.
Follows the complete list of Oasis of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- American Icon Grill (3056-seat, a la carte restaurant; offers open seating breakfast, lunch, “Brasserie 30” menu; with two assigned dinner seatings and Private Dining area. American Icon Grill is one of the three main dining rooms by dynamic dining concept and “My Time Dining”)
- The Grande (ship’s second dining room by line’s dynamic dining concept; offers DreamWorks themed breakfast, two fixed dinner seatings and "My Time Dining")
- Johnny Rockets (128-seat fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Sabor (Mexican a la carte restaurant, reservation-only, with “Playground” kids area)
- 150 Central Park (76-seat specialty restaurant, dinner only)
- Windjammer Marketplace buffet restaurant (719-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Giovanni’s Table (96-seat Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Chops Grille (steakhouse/seafood)
- Sorrento’s (66-seat Italian restaurant)
- Izumi (73-seat Asian/Japanese restaurant)
- The Silk (Asian cuisine)
- Coastal Kitchen (55-seat, Suite passengers only restaurant)
- WipeOut Cafe (56-seat fast food bar)
- Boardwalk Dog House (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Oasis' amusement area, a hub for late owls, is offering ice skating and disco, comedy and jazz, and a 3-tiered theater which features a ninety-minute version of "Hairspray," the popular Tony Award-winning Broadway show. Especially dazzling is the vessel's Aqua Theater, with its deepest-pool-at-sea, that serves as a platform for performers such as divers and synchronized swimmers. Oasis of the Seas boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - a themed programming in partnership with the Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet & greets (of course, plus photo ops).
Follows the complete list of Oasis of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Opal Theater (1380-seat, features four grand productions per cruise with dance, acrobatics, comedy and game shows)
- AquaTheatre (3-deck, 735-seat, with a deep pool)
- Blaze nightclub (193-seat)
- Studio B Lounge (indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Picture This photo studio & shop; Parkside Gallery; Britto Gallery & Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Dazzles Disco Club & Lounge (222-seat)
- Diamond Club Lounge & Bar (36-seat, past guests only); Suite Lounge (features Coastal Kitchen); Boleros (90-seat Latin lounge); Next Cruise Lounge
- Jazz on 4 Bar & Club; Comedy Live (adult-only club); Hall of Odds (gambling); Globe & Atlas English Pub (128-seat); Champagne Bar (66-seat); Rising Tide Bar (32-seat moving cocktail bar); On Air Club (113-seat sports bar); Schooner Bar (107-seat piano bar); Sabor Bar (60-seat); Cups & Scoops (60-seat Ice Cream bar); Vintages (73-seat Wine Bar); Trellis Bar; Park Cafe (100-seat deli bar); Pool Bar; Rising Tide Bar; Sky Bar; WipeOut Bar; Mast Bar
- Casino Royale
- Carousel (with 20 handcrafted wooden figures)
- Candy Beach (sweets shop); Pets at Sea (toys shop)
- Cafe Promenade (58-seat, 24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Cupcake Cupboard Shop (10-seat bakery)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Central Park (outdoor area for relaxation with garden spaces)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Card Room (72-seat; with “Royal Caribbean Online” Internet center)
- Video Games Arcade; The Back Deck; Fuel Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Adventure Science Lab; Imagination Studio; Workshop (family venue); Kids Avenue; H2O Zone family & kids area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; 2 Rock-climbing Walls; Oasis Dunes Golf Course; two Flowriders (surf simulators); Zip Line.
Oasis Of The Seas wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 43
- Total number of cabins: 2706 (of which 194 Suites, 1793 Balcony rooms, 716 connecting)
- Dining Rooms: Opus
- Restaurants and food bars: 25 onboard dining options total (14 complimentary, with room-service included), Windjammer (buffet), Park Cafe (deli), 150 Central Park, Giovanni’s (Italian), Samba (Brazilian), Rita's Cantina (Mexican), Johnny Rockets, Chops Grille (steakhouse), Izumi (Japanese), Cupcake Cupboard, Dog House (burgers), Solarium Bistro.
- Lounges & Bars (28 in total): Opal, Studio B, Boleros, Aqua Theater, nightclubs (Dazzles, Blaze, Club 20), teens (Living Room, Fuel, Back Deck), Pinnacle (with Wedding Chapel), Diamond, Concierge, Viking Crown, Adventure Ocean (kids), Comedy Live, Jazz on 4, Globe & Atlas (pub), Vintages, Starbucks, Trellis, Rising Tide, Schooner, Mast, Wipe Out, Sky, Boardwalk, poolside bars.
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program Voyagers (from 9 to 11 years), Explorers (6 to 8 yr), Aquanauts (3-5yr), Royal babies and tots (from 6 months to 3 years), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
- Adult-only areas (Solarium /relaxation, Comedy Live /lounge), "Hall of Odds" gambling museum, 7 neighborhoods, two SPAs (Vitality, YSPA /teen), Nursery, 9 jacuzzis (2 are cantilevered), 5 pools, hand-carved Carousel, Water Park, two Rock-climbing Walls (each 43ft/13m high), Zip Line (9 decks high, 82ft/25m across), two FlowRider (onboard surfing) simulators, Ice-skating Rink, fullsized basketball court, Mini Golf Course (Dunes), Outdoor Theater, roller skating and jogging tracks.
- Royal Caribbean Oasis ship is the line's first Oasis-class vessel. Her younger and also "so very big" sister is the Allure of the Seas. However, since 2016, the world's largest cruise ships list features at its top position the Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas - 2,15 m (7 ft) longer compared to Oasis.
- Oasis-class ships are the biggest cruise vessels in the world, and the Oasis is the smallest one - although with just 50 millimeters (about 2 inches) shorter than the Allure ship. There had been a competition for proposing the best name for the hulls of the 2 vessels and the sister hulls were named at a dual ceremony in May 2008.
- The Oasis cruise ship was completed on the 28th of October, 2009 in Finland by STX Europe, which is a division of the South Korean multinational STX. At her arrival in the US, right before she docked at her home port Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), the Oasis ship had to pass under the Danish bridge Great Belt Fixed Link. This was challenging as the bridge is 65 m (213 ft) higher than the sea level while the Oasis's highest point is normally 72 m (236 ft) over sea level. But the ship made it - as she has telescoping funnels. It wasn't easy though, there were only 0,6 m (only 2 ft) to spare when she was sailing under the bridge!
- The cruise ship has the impressive number of all seven godmothers. Each of the "godladies" symbolized one of the ship's 7 different neighbourhoods. The special ceremony took place at Port Everglade, and on the 5th of December, Oasis set sail on her maiden voyage to the Eastern Caribbean.
- Oasis-class ships are the world's first passenger vessels with a DNV Green Passport. This is of general importance for the Clean Ship Design certificate, which is not compulsory, but shows a greater environmental commitment of the ship owner / operator.
Oasis Of The Seas related cruise news
Port Canaveral welcomed home its 2nd giant cruise ship in as many weeks on Saturday, November 12, as Norwegian Epic arrived to start seasonal...November 14, 2016
The largest cruise ships in the world, Royal Caribbean's three Oasis-class ships, met for the first time Friday, November 4. The three megaships...November 6, 2016
Canaveral Port Authority has invited its community to join in Sail-a-Bration at Jetty Park November 13 to say goodbye to Oasis of the Seas as...October 31, 2016
Prime time for tropical storms and hurricanes in the Caribbean is the period between late August and early September. Tropical Depression Fiona...August 24, 2016
Royal Caribbean stepped in to reward a cab driver who found and returned a backpack with US$187,000 in it, and received in return a US$100 tip...July 10, 2016
The world's largest cruise ship is getting another sister. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. revealed plans to build a 5th Oasis-class ship, less than a...May 26, 2016
The port of Southampton UK was bustling today as onlookers gathered to see Harmony of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, upon her first...May 17, 2016
On Thursday, May 12, Royal Caribbean took delivery of the world's largest cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas, in Saint Nazaire, France. Spanning 16...May 13, 2016
Royal Caribbean switched from "one size fits all" Internet plan to a couple of different options on all of its ships via high-speed Voom Internet...April 24, 2016
The largest cruise ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, left port for the first time as it set sail from France with no cruise passengers (but...March 11, 2016
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Oasis Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Oasis Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Oasis Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Oasis Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.