Oasis Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Oasis Of The Seas
|Builder||STX FINLAND CRUISE OY|
|Year of built||2009|
|Gross Tonnage||225282 gt|
|Passengers||5484 - 6307|
|Decks with cabins||11|
Review of Oasis Of The Seas
Launched in 2009, Oasis of the Seas is the 1st Oasis-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Allure of the Seas (2010), as well as the Oasis 3 class and new “world’s largest” Harmony of the Seas (2016). The ship cost US$1.4 billion to build and was last refurbished in 2014.
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger cruise ship Oasis of the Seas is one of the largest cruise liners in the world. Oasis has been the most anticipated newbuild since Cunard's Queen Mary 2. Her innovations, such as the first-ever Boardwalk and Central Park at sea, are already legendary. Innovations on Oasis of the Seas are, by no means, limited to passenger-friendly advances. Royal Caribbean also introduced a number of new technical and environmental tools which allow the cruise to be more efficient and eco-responsible.
Curious about the 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas? This unique floating island reinvented the definition of Royal Caribbean of a megaship. Oasis' neighborhoods include foliage-filled Central Park with 12,175 plants; innovative 2-deck Loft Suites; 20 onboard dining options and more.
- Gross Registered Tons: 225,282
- Passengers (Max Occupancy): 6,680; Crew: 2,196
- Length: 1,187 feet; Width: 208 feet
- Godmothers: Daisy Fuentes, Darra Torres, Gloria Estefan, Jane Seymour, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Michelle Kwan and Shawn Johnson.
- The vessel contains 3,300 miles of cables, which is roughly the width of the United States.
- 110,230 pounds of ice cubes are prepared daily.
- Central Park features 56 trees and bamboo, 62 vine plants, 12,500 plants.
- The AquaTheater pool is 18 feet deep and is one of the biggest pools at sea.
- 4.7 mill pounds of fresh water are used in 24 hours.
- Oasis of the Seas boasts 7,000 works of commissioned artwork.
- The ship has 20 chefs, 222 cooks , 102 sanitation/cleaning culinary crew.
- The breads and pastries are all made fresh onboard. The bakery machine makes 4,000 rolls per hour.
- Consumption in a week: 18,000 pounds of potatoes; 16,000 pounds of chicken; 15,600 pounds of beef; 62,000 pounds of fresh vegetables; 45,000 pounds of fresh fruit; 86,400 eggs; 10,200 bottles of beer; 3,500 bottles of water; 2,225 bottles of wine; 8,000 gallons of ice cream; 18,000 slices of pizza.
Cruise itinerary program
Oasis of the Seas itinerary program is based on 7-day Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises Fort Lauderdale FL. Feature port destinations include Cozumel Mexico, Nassau Bahamas, Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten, Jamaica, and Labadee (the private island resort of Royal Caribbean in Haiti).
Most Oasis of the Seas staterooms are 170-sq.foot insides (498). There are a total of 2706 staterooms in 43 categories. 46 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Oasis of the Seas are the Royal Loft Suites (149 m2). The new “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Oasis' highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The cruise liner features new-to-Royal Caribbean types of dining venues that range from spa cuisine to elaborately staged meals and wine pairings. Oasis of the Seas' guests won't be disappointed if they choose to eat in the free restaurants: the service, quality and variety are exceptional, especially in the main dining rooms. The “American Icon Grill” offers a la carte open seating breakfast and lunch, “Brasserie 30” menu, and two assigned dinner seatings, as well as increadible Private Dining area. American Icon Grill is one of all three restaurants by Royal Caribbean’s new dynamic dining concept (which features early/late diner seatings, as well as “My Time Dining” option). The 58-seat Cafe Promenade is a 24-hour spot in ship's Royal Promenade. The cafe serves up cookies, brownies, small sandwiches and coffee. The Cafe Promenade is also one of the several spots to grab free Seattle's Best Coffee.
Follows the complete list of Oasis of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- American Icon Grill (3056-seat, a la carte restaurant; offers open seating breakfast, lunch, “Brasserie 30” menu; with two assigned dinner seatings and Private Dining area. American Icon Grill is one of the three main dining rooms by dynamic dining concept and “My Time Dining”)
- The Grande (ship’s second dining room by line’s dynamic dining concept; offers DreamWorks themed breakfast, two fixed dinner seatings and "My Time Dining")
- Johnny Rockets (128-seat fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Sabor (Mexican a la carte restaurant, reservation-only, with “Playground” kids area)
- 150 Central Park (76-seat specialty restaurant, dinner only)
- Windjammer Marketplace buffet restaurant (719-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Giovanni’s Table (96-seat Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Chops Grille (steakhouse/seafood)
- Sorrento’s (66-seat Italian restaurant)
- Izumi (73-seat Asian/Japanese restaurant)
- The Silk (Asian cuisine)
- Coastal Kitchen (55-seat, Suite passengers only restaurant)
- WipeOut Cafe (56-seat fast food bar)
- Boardwalk Dog House (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Oasis' amusement area, a hub for late owls, is offering ice skating and disco, comedy and jazz, and a 3-tiered theater which features a ninety-minute version of "Hairspray," the popular Tony Award-winning Broadway show. Especially dazzling is the vessel's Aqua Theater, with its deepest-pool-at-sea, that serves as a platform for performers such as divers and synchronized swimmers. Oasis of the Seas boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - a themed programming in partnership with the Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet & greets (of course, plus photo ops).
Follows the complete list of Oasis of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Opal Theater (1380-seat, features four grand productions per cruise with dance, acrobatics, comedy and game shows)
- AquaTheatre (3-deck, 735-seat, with a deep pool)
- Blaze nightclub (193-seat)
- Studio B Lounge (indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Picture This photo studio & shop; Parkside Gallery; Britto Gallery & Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Dazzles Disco Club & Lounge (222-seat)
- Diamond Club Lounge & Bar (36-seat, past guests only); Suite Lounge (features Coastal Kitchen); Boleros (90-seat Latin lounge); Next Cruise Lounge
- Jazz on 4 Bar & Club; Comedy Live (adult-only club); Hall of Odds (gambling); Globe & Atlas English Pub (128-seat); Champagne Bar (66-seat); Rising Tide Bar (32-seat moving cocktail bar); On Air Club (113-seat sports bar); Schooner Bar (107-seat piano bar); Sabor Bar (60-seat); Cups & Scoops (60-seat Ice Cream bar); Vintages (73-seat Wine Bar); Trellis Bar; Park Cafe (100-seat deli bar); Pool Bar; Rising Tide Bar; Sky Bar; WipeOut Bar; Mast Bar
- Casino Royale
- Carousel (with 20 handcrafted wooden figures)
- Candy Beach (sweets shop); Pets at Sea (toys shop)
- Cafe Promenade (58-seat, 24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Cupcake Cupboard Shop (10-seat bakery)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Central Park (outdoor area for relaxation with garden spaces)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Card Room (72-seat; with “Royal Caribbean Online” Internet center)
- Video Games Arcade; The Back Deck; Fuel Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Adventure Science Lab; Imagination Studio; Workshop (family venue); Kids Avenue; H2O Zone family & kids area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; 2 Rock-climbing Walls; Oasis Dunes Golf Course; two Flowriders (surf simulators); Zip Line.
Oasis Of The Seas wiki
Year built 2009
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 5412 (6224 max) / 2150
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 225,280 tons / 1188 ft (362 m)
Flag State (registered in) Bahamas
Ship builder STX Europe (Finland)
Building cost USD 1,4 billion (2006 shiporder rates)
Ship owner Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL)
Christened by seven godmothers (Daisy Fuentes, Dara Torres, Gloria Estefan, Jane Seymour, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Michelle Kwan, Shawn Johnson)
Official website link RoyalCaribbean.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Oasis Of The Seas related cruise news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Oasis Of The Seas Itineraries 2016
The below listed Oasis Of The Seas cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|31 Dec||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|03 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|04 Jan 07:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island|
|05 Jan 07:00 - 14:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|06 Jan 09:00 - 17:00||Labadee, Royal Caribbean private resort, Haiti|
|08 Jan||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
Oasis Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Oasis Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Oasis Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Oasis Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.