Viking Einar Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Einar
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Einar
These riverboats will be deployed in Europe, on the rivers Rhine and Danube. Detailed information on their exact itineraries will be revealed at later date. Each of Viking Cruises longships features innovative corridor configuration (patented design), modern engineering and technologies, signature Scandinavian-themed decor, premium stateroom amenities, itinerary-based and expert-led enrichment program, themed onboard entertainment, efficiency of public spaces, Viking's signature lounge Aquavit Terrace, large number of balcony cabins (including 2 of the European river cruising industry's largest suites, each with separate bedroom and living room).
Longship Einar has two Explorer Suites featuring 270-degree scenery views and private wraparound balconies. The boat's 7 Veranda Suites are with two separate rooms - living room (with step-out balcony) and bedroom (with French Balcony). There are also 39 Veranda, 25 Standard and 22 French Balcony staterooms. The Observation Lounge has floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. The Aquavit Terrace (indoor-outdoor lounge) is located at the ship's bow. The Sun Deck has sunbathing and shaded seating areas and offers 360-degree scenery views.
Viking Einar river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Einar cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
Viking Einar wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a not-opening window).
- Restaurants: Einar (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The longship doesn't have gym room, swimming pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Einar cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Einar boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Einar is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Einar represents the company's latest Longship-class riverboat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.