ms Infante Don Henrique Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Infante Don Henrique
Review of ms Infante Don Henrique
The Infante Don Henrique boat cruises on Douro River in Portugal (wine region). Itineraries depart from Paris and Honfleur.
The CroisiEurope Vasco de Gama ship has 71 passenger cabins (equally sized at 129 ft2 / 12 m2). Main Deck staterooms are with riverview windows (non-opening). Middle Deck and Upper Deck cabins are with French balconies (slide-opening windows). Upper Deck additionally has 2 Suite accommodations with private verandas (terraces). As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), wardrobe/closet, satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room (Infante Don Henrique restaurant), upper deck lounge with a terrace, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating, loungers and deckchairs), gift shop, library, elevator, also complimentary Wi-Fi Internet usage. The Infante Don Henrique ship’s Douro river cruise itinerary is in Portugal, with optional tours to Spain. The ship is leaving from Porto on roundtrip itineraries. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours with themed food and wine tasting events allow the Infante Don Henrique's guests to enjoy the local Portuguese cuisine and wines along the cruise itinerary routes.
CroisiEurope Douro River cruise itineraries
The Infante Don Henrique ship’s Douro river cruise itineraries from Porto are themed:
- (code PPH_PP) "Porto, Douro Valley and Salamanca" (Portugal and Spain) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation).
- (code POB) “Pleasant Portugal” – 6 days Douro Valley cruise (two overnights in Porto).
- (code POC_PP) "The Douro River" (cruise-only deals, flights/transfers are not Included) - 8 days with an overnight in Porto before disembarkation.
- (code POC) "The River Douro" (deals inclusive of flights and transfers) - 8 days with two overnights in Porto (after embarkation and before disembarkation), airport transfers (to/from the boat) and two Porto Portugal flights (from/to France).
- (code PLI) "Lisbon the City of Light" - 8 days with included 3-star Lisbon hotel package - day 1 (evening arrival, hotel dinner), day 2 (guided city tour, Belem Cultural Center, Jeronimos Monastery, afternoon scenic bus tour), day 3 (bus travel from Lisbon to Coimbra /afternoon arrival, bus travel to Porto for embarkation).
- (code ROP) "Discovering the Global Heritage of Humanity" - 8 days, prices are inclusive of two charter flights fares (France to Porto and the reverse Porto to France).
Among the tours and excursions along the Infante Don Henrique ship’s Porto cruise itineraries are:
- (day 1) Porto – embarkation (welcome aboard cocktail), guided tour (optional, with wine tasting)
- (day 2) Regua (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) – Lamego (guided excursion)
- (day 3) Vila Real (bus excursion, Casa de Mateus), boarding in Pinhao, evening arrival in Barca d’Alva (overnight stay, Flamenco show on board)
- (day 4) arrival in Vega de Teron (Spain, disembarkation) - Salamanca (UNESCO site / guided excursion to Spain), re-boarding in Vega de Teron, evening arrival in Senhora de Ribeira (overnight stay, themed entertainment)
- (day 5) arrival in Ferradosa – “Wines of Porto” (vineyards route /wine tasting tour), afternoon Douro Valley cruising to Entre Os Rios (overnight stay, Gala Dinner event)
- (day 6) Douro Valley cruise to Porto (afternoon arrival, overnight stay) – guided tour (optional), Fado music entertainment on the ship
- (day 7) Porto (free time) – Aveiro (afternoon bus excursion), overnight stay, themed folklore entertainment on the ship.
- The 6-day “Pleasant Portugal” cruise itinerary visits Porto Antigo (afternoon arrival on day 3, overnight stay)- Solar de Mateus (house & gardens / optional excursion).
- The 8-day "Heritage of Humanity" itinerary visits Bitetos (evening arrival on day 6, overnight stay, Fado music on the ship). On day 5 (Barca d’Alva) are offered a hiking tour ("Vultures Cliff") and Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo (village excursion), with evening arrival in Senhora da Ribeira.
MS Infante Don Henrique cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope Portugal cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Douro river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises in Portugal are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, juices, soda drinks, also wine and beer at lunches and dinners), but tours and excursions ashore are optional and cost extra.
- (Monday) 4-day from Porto
- Nov 10 07:00 (Porto, dep), Nov 10 14:00 - Nov 11 09:00 (Regua), Nov 11 12:00 - 12:15 (Pinhao), Nov 11 20:15 - Nov 12 08:00 (Barca d'Alva), Nov 12 08:30 - 15:00 (Vega de Terron), Nov 12 19:00 - Nov 13 07:30 (Senhora da Ribeira), Nov 13 08:30 - 09:00 (Ferradosa), Nov 13 12:00 - 13:30 (Folgosa), Nov 13 20:00 - Nov 14 08:00 (Entre-os-Rios), Nov 14 12:00 (Porto)
- Prices from US$1530
ms Infante Don Henrique wiki
Year built 2003
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 142 / 20
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 1500 tons / 245 ft (75 m)
Flag State (registered in) France
Ship builder Namur (Belgium)
Ship owner and Operator CroisiEurope
Christened by -
Official website link croisieuroperivercruises.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other CroisiEurope cruise ships
ms Infante Don Henrique Itineraries 2017
The below listed ms Infante Don Henrique cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest CroisiEurope fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.