Pacific Dawn Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pacific Dawn
|Year built||1991 / Age : 29|
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 280 million|
|Owner||Global Maritime Group Inc|
|Operator||CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||245 m / 804 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||70285 gt|
|Passengers||1596 - 1915|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Former names||Regal Princess, CMV Amy Johnson|
|Christened by||Cathy Freeman (Regal Princess)|
Current itinerary / position of Pacific Dawn
Pacific Dawn current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper. The itinerary starts on 28 Mar, 2020 and ends on 04 Apr, 2020.All Itineraries Current Position
|Date / Time||Port|
|28 Mar 14:00||Departing from Brisbane, Queensland Australia hotels|
|30 Mar 15:00 - 22:00||Noumea, Grande Terre island, New Caledonia|
|31 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Lifou Island, New Caledonia|
|01 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Port Vila, Efate Island, Vanuatu|
|04 Apr 06:00||Arriving in Brisbane, Queensland Australia hotels|
Review of Pacific Dawn
NEWS: In February 2021, Pacific Dawn leaves P&O Cruises Australia. The ship's last cruise for P&O is scheduled for February 8, 2021 (departing from Melbourne to Singapore via Brisbane). The last voyage can be booked as short-break (Melbourne-Brisbane), Asia Explorer (Brisbane-Singapore) and "full farewell" (17-night B2B cruise Melbourne-Brisbane-Singapore). In April 2021, P&O Australia's fleet also leaves Pacific Aria. Both vessels were sold in November 2019 to CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages.
Pacific Dawn will be renamed to "CMV Amy Johnson", Pacific Aria - to "CMV Ida Pfeiffer".
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation in 2003. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 70,285-ton, 1,990-passenger cruise ship Pacific Dawn was designed by Renzo Piano (Italian architect). The vessel is good looking and pleasure for the eyes. The interesting thing about Dawn is the connection between the cabins (ideal for families). Anyone can enjoy the enormous LED Screen, MIX cocktail bar and themed venues like the pub and the Orient. The main restaurant has been designed into the Waterfront, new furnishings delivered for the Marquee Theatre, and all of the suites refurbished. Definitely, all guests will remember The Dome, enormous public area for great live entertainment, shows, and music events.
Cruise itinerary program
Pacific Dawn itinerary program is based on Australia cruises from Brisbane, including roundtrip “South Pacific Islands” voyages to Fiji, Vanuatu, Santo, New Caledonia; “cruises to nowhere” and short breaks; Queensland cruises to the Great Barrier Reef.
CMV Amy Johnson ship's inaugural cruise is scheduled for April 15, 2021, leaving from Singapore to Tilbury-London. The 43-night westbound repositioning itinerary (Asia to Europe-UK) includes transition through Suez Canal. Fares started from GBP 3400 (EUR 4020 / USD 4400) per person, double-occupancy.
CMV ship's inaugural cruise season officially starts from London-Tilbury on October 9 (2021) with the 32-night "Black Sea and Mediterranean" (maiden voyage) that visits Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Malta, Sicily, Gibraltar, Spain. Fares started from GBP 2240 (EUR 2650 / USD 2900) per person, double-occupancy. For the maiden voyages as call ports and times see in the ship's Wiki section.
CMV Amy Johnson staterooms (total 798) include 50x Suites, 134x Balcony, 436x Oceanview and 178x Inside, in all 27 cabin categories. Most staterooms are 190-ft2 (18 m2) and nearly 25% have private balconies. The largest passenger accommodations (Balcony Suites) are sized 560 ft2 (52 m2).
- Two-Room Deluxe Suites (52 m2) have private step-out balcony, twin beds (convertible to double), single sofabed (for 3rd passenger), separate bedroom-lounge. One Suite is wheelchair-accessible.
- Junior Suites (35 m2) have private step-out balcony, twin beds (convertible to double), double sofabed (rollaway bed). Two Junior Suites are wheelchair-accessible.
- Sized 20 m2 are categories 14 (Superior Balcony), 15 (Superior Plus Balcony) and 16 (Premium Twin Balcony).
- Most oceanview cabins are with twin beds (convertible to double bed), some have 3rd-4th upper beds (bunks). Some outside cabins are wheelchair-accessible and some are interconnecting.
- All interior cabins are with two single beds (lower twins) convertible to a double bed (Queen-size) plus 3ird-4th upper beds (bunks). Some inside cabins are wheelchair-accessible and some are interconnecting. Most Premium Twin Inner (category 4) cabins are double-occupancy (convertible twin beds).
Standard cabin amenities include en-suite bathroom (WC-toilet, curtain shower, single-sink vanity, toiletries), bedside cabinets (4-drawer), wall-mounted reading lamps, individually-controlled air-conditioning, mirrored dressing table (writing desk with chair and lamp), HDTV (satellite reception), seating area (armchair with a coffee table), wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), moquette flooring. Balcony furniture consists of 2 deckchairs and a low table).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Sophisticated and various food is available onboard Pacific Dawn. The buffet restaurant, á la carte main dining room, and The Grill give a chance to choose from. For a little fee, passengers can sense the flavors of Asia with an 8-course banquet at La Luna or, dine in style at celebrity chef restaurant Salt grill by Luke Mangan. Back by popular demand are favorites, such as the exclusive 14-seat Chef's Table. The Waterfront Restaurant, ship's main dining room, continues to serve classic Australian dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a stylish setting.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Dawn restaurants and food bars.
- Waterfront Restaurant (open-seating dining room; each of all three dining rooms on Pacific Dawn is operated with “Your Choice Dining” (a la carte) menus for breakfast and lunch, and offers a 4-course dinner menu. Tables seat up to 10 guests. Dining times vary according to sea/port days)
- Part of the Waterfront restaurant is the “Wine Room”, with cases of wine and Champagne bottles on display. The Wine Room also serves the P&O Cruises Australia’s “Chef’s Table” experience (specialty dining venue with gourmet private dining and tour of the galley)
- Salt Grill (reservations-only specialty restaurant via a partnership with Australian celebrity chef Luke Mangan)
- The Pantry (self-service buffet restaurant with several fresh-food outlets and an open-air terrace) replaced the traditional Lido Buffet "Plantation Restaurant". The Pantry's features are the new restaurants "Nic and Toni’s" (Mediterranean-cuisine) and "Shell and Bones" (seafood). The "Shell and Bones Seafood and Grill" is part of "The Pantry" (food market) and is complimentary during the day. In the evenings, it transforms into a la carte priced restaurant. The seafood menu features popular Australian dishes, like Singaporean Chili Crab (from Queensland) and Steamed Blue Mussels with Wine (from South Australia), The daily grill bar menu offers items like Slow-cooked Beef Short Ribs, Portuguese-style roast chicken, also vegetarian options.
- The Luna room (Asian-cuisine banquets; features Japanese and Thai specialties); The Grill (lido BBQ)
- The “Shell & Bones” (a la carte pricing) opens daily from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The menu features dishes like Portuguese-style roast chicken, Singapore-style crab (US$25), hot seafood extravaganza (US$50 for 2). Sides like garlic bread, potato wedges, and grilled corn cobettes are complimentary as are the kids' options of fish fingers or seafood party plate. One dessert is only offered: apple and rhubarb crumble with New Zealand Natural ice cream (US$9) designed to share.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Daytime activities range from whiskey tastings and martini mixology classes to quilling and salsa dance classes. Passengers can find karaoke, bingo, and trivia almost every day. The daily itinerary on sea days is packed with activities. The big-screen on the pool deck proved to be a big hit and is largely used for broadcasting full-length concerts, live sports, and movies. Major international sporting events are also shown (such as the FIFA World Cup). Evening entertainment is standard cruise ship fare with a mix of guest entertainers and Broadway-style production shows. For kids, innovative activity clubs include Turtle Cove (ages 3-6-yo), Shark Shack (ages 7-10-yo) and HQ for teens. Adults can relax in the child-free Oasis on ship's top deck, while all ages enjoy the swimming pool on Lido deck and the adventures of P&OEdge program, held all over Dawn, with a climbing course on the funnel and a zip line across the top deck.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Dawn lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Pacific Dawn Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- Charlie’s Bar; The Orient bar (English pub); Promenade Bar; MIX (specialty cocktails bar); The Cafe; Lido Pool Bar
- Essentials Store; Tax and Duty-Free Shops; PANDORA shop (jewelry); Aqua Hut (snorkeling equipment)
- The Marquee Theatre (2-decks, featuring large scale shows, magic and comedy acts; during the day, the theatre hosts Jackpot bingo games, trivia quizzes)
- Wine Room (boutique winery)
- The Big Screen (outdoor LED screen for movies, show programs, sports games)
- The Dome Bar (indoor observation lounge with floor-ceiling windows, large dance floor, and a full-service bar; transforms into a disco nightclub in the evenings)
- Players Bar and Casino, Techno Store
- Expressions Studio (Photo Gallery and Shop); Art Gallery; The Library; Internet Cafe
- The Oasis (adults-only relaxation complex)
- Promenade (deck 7), 2 pools, 4 jacuzzis
- Aqua HealthSpaFitness (Wellness Centre with Day Spa, Thermal Suites, Fitness Centre with a separate room for classes, Massage Rooms, Aqua Beauty Salon)
- Teen- and Kids club lounges (offering complimentary activities by P&O youth programme: “Turtle Cove”; “Shark Shack”; “HQ” lounge; “HQ+” teen lounge)
- P&OEdge Adventure Park experience (“high adrenalin” program with 20 different activities, such as climbing, jumping, racing, flying on ropes)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shuffleboard); Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
- On its top deck, the ship has an Aqua Park.
Pacific Dawn - user reviews and comments
Pacific Dawn ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
CMV-Cruise And Maritime Voyages announced the launch of company's “largest ever ex-UK cruise programme totally dedicated to the British market...March 2, 2020
- Cruise Industry
On August 28, 2021, CMV's 7-ship fleet gathers in Port Rotterdam (Holland) during the annual (port's 25th) Rotterdam Regatta. In both...February 22, 2020
- Cruise Industry
CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages revealed details of more 2021 departures of the newest fleetmate - Amy Johnson (currently Pacific Dawn for P&O...February 17, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages announced the Maiden Voyage of their latest ship Amy Johnson (currently sailing as P&O Pacific Dawn). After a...February 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) revealed the names of its two new cruise ships following a public vote. In November 2019, the company announced...January 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages will take delivery of P&O Australia’s ships Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria in Singapore on March 2 and May 2...November 28, 2019
Three men have been rescued by a P&O Cruises ship close to New Caledonia. Pacific Dawn, which is currently sailing on a 7-night South Pacific...September 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Passengers onboard a P&O Cruises ship were forced to stay an extra night at sea because of rough conditions caused by Tropical Cyclone Oma...February 22, 2019
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises Australia announced that its flagship Pacific Explorer will homeport in Brisbane from October 2020. Since 2012 more than 1 million...October 24, 2018
A woman has fallen overboard from P&O Cruises ship Pacific Dawn, with a major search now underway. P&O released a statement revealing that a...April 12, 2018
- show more news
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
Pacific Dawn Wiki
Pacific Dawn cruise ship started its career under the name "Regal Princess". The vessel was operated by Princess Cruises from 1991 to 2007, when it was transferred to P&O Australia's fleet, renamed "Pacific Dawn" (on Nov 8, 2007, following an extensive drydock refurbishment) and homeported in Brisbane (leaving from port Hamilton /Queensland, Australia). The vessel was launched on March 29, 1990, delivered on July 20, 1991, and christened (MS Regal Princess) on August 8 in NYC New York by godmother Margaret Thatcher (UK’s Prime Minister at the time).
Itineraries offer roundtrips to South Pacific Islands ("Pacific Island Hopper" to Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Espiritu Santo), also to Papua New Guinea and several Australian ports. The list of visited destinations also features Queensland, Great Barrier Reef (Willis Island) and Moreton Island (on short breaks). Pacific Dawn's Cruise to Nowhere deals are on specially themed Australian roundtrip voyages (with no additional ports of call along the route). These short breaks are usually themed "Food and Wine", "Music" (various styles/performers), "Comedy", "Sports". P&O Australia "cruises to nowhere" prices are also inclusive of all special activities and themed entertainment on the ship, including classes and workshops, lectures, presentations, guest performances, theme parties.
CMV Amy Johnson Inaugural Cruise 2021
Next are listed the ship's first for CMV cruises - one repositioning itinerary (from Asia to Europe) and one roundtrip from the UK.
43-day relocation from Singapore to Tilbury-London
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Apr||Departing from Singapore|
|16 Apr 09:00 - 20:00||Malacca, Malaysia|
|17 Apr 06:00 - 19:00||Port Klang-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|18 Apr 08:30 - 16:00||Georgetown, Pulau Penang Island, Malaysia|
|23 Apr 07:00 - 18:00||Cochin, India|
|25 Apr 08:00 - 20:00||Mumbai-Bombay, India|
|29 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Salalah, Oman|
|04 May 04:00 - 20:00||Safaga, Egypt|
|05 May 10:00 - 22:00||Aqaba-Petra, Jordan|
|07 May 04:00 - 17:00||Suez Canal|
|07 May 18:00 - 08 May 20:00||Port Said, Egypt|
|09 May 07:00 - 19:00||Ashdod-Jerusalem, Israel|
|11 May 09:00 - 19:00||Santorini Island, Greece|
|12 May 09:00 - 19:00||Piraeus-Athens, Greece|
|14 May 07:00 - 16:00||Catania, Sicily Italy|
|15 May 09:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|16 May 07:00 - 18:00||Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
|17 May 09:00 - 18:00||Villefranche-sur-Mer, France Riviera|
|18 May 12:00 - 19:00||Barcelona, Spain|
|20 May 09:00 - 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|21 May 11:00 - 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|22 May 08:00 - 17:00||Oporto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|23 May 08:30 - 17:00||La Coruna, Spain|
|26 May 08:00 - 17:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|27 May 09:00||Arriving in London-Tilbury, England|
32-day "Grand Black Sea and Mediterranean" cruise roundtrip from Tilbury-London
|Date / Time||Port|
|09 Oct 16:00||Departing from London-Tilbury, England|
|12 Oct 11:00 - 17:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|13 Oct 13:00 - 19:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|16 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Palermo, Sicily Italy|
|19 Oct 12:00 - 20:00||Nessebar, Bulgaria|
|20 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Constanta, Romania|
|21 Oct 07:00 - 22:00||Odessa, Ukraine|
|23 Oct 06:00 - 23:00||Istanbul, Turkey|
|25 Oct 05:00 - 23:00||Piraeus-Athens, Greece|
|27 Oct 09:00 - 16:30||Limassol, Cyprus|
|28 Oct 06:00 - 19:00||Ashdod-Jerusalem, Israel|
|29 Oct 05:00 - 22:00||Port Said, Egypt|
|01 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Valletta, Malta|
|02 Nov 07:00 - 15:00||Messina, Sicily Italy|
|05 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Gibraltar UK|
|07 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Vigo, Spain|
|10 Nov 08:00||Arriving in London-Tilbury, England|
Godspeed to the new CMV fleetmate!
Pacific Dawn Itineraries
The below listed Pacific Dawn cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Feb 22||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 03||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 21||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 24||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 Apr 11||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Apr 18||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Apr 21||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Apr 25||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 May 02||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 May 05||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane|
|2020 May 15||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 May 18||12 days, round-trip Fiji Adventure||Brisbane|
|2020 May 30||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 13||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 16||3 days, round-trip Tribute To The King||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 19||4 days, round-trip State Of Origin||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 23||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Jul 11||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Jul 14||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Jul 18||14 days, round-trip Bounty Adventure||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 08||3 days, round-trip 80's||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 11||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 22||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Aug 26||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane|
|2020 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Sep 12||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Sep 15||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Pacific Island Hopper||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Barrier Reef Discovery||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 10||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 13||4 days, round-trip Whitsundays Cruise||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 17||10 days, round-trip New Guinea Island Encounter||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 27||3 days, one-way from Brisbane to Melbourne||Brisbane|
|2020 Oct 30||14 days, round-trip Fiji Explorer||Melbourne|
|2020 Nov 13||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne|
|2020 Nov 17||10 days, round-trip Kiwi Explorer||Melbourne|
|2020 Nov 27||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Melbourne|
|2020 Nov 30||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne|
|2020 Dec 04||3 days, round-trip Comedy Cruise||Melbourne|
|2020 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Melbourne|
|2020 Dec 14||5 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Melbourne|
|2020 Dec 19||8 days, round-trip Christmas Cruise||Melbourne|
|2020 Dec 27||11 days, round-trip New Year's Eve Cruise||Melbourne|
|2021 Jan 07||5 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Melbourne|
|2021 Jan 12||12 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu||Melbourne|
|2021 Jan 24||4 days, round-trip Australia Day Cruise||Melbourne|
|2021 Jan 28||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne|
|2021 Feb 01||4 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Melbourne|
|2021 Feb 08||3 days, one-way from Melbourne to Brisbane||Melbourne|
|2021 Feb 08||17 days, one-way from Melbourne to Singapore||Melbourne|
|2021 Feb 11||14 days, one-way from Brisbane to Singapore||Brisbane|
|2021 Apr 14||42 days, one-way from Singapore to Amsterdam||Singapore|
|2021 Apr 14||43 days, one-way from Singapore to London Tilbury||Singapore|
|2021 Oct 09||32 days, round-trip Grand Black Sea & Mediterranean||London Tilbury|
Pacific Dawn User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review