MSC Bellissima Review and Specifications
Specifications of MSC Bellissima
|Year built||2019 / Age : -2|
|Builder||STX Europe (St Nazaire, France)|
|Building cost||USD 1 billion|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||315 m / 1033 ft|
|Beam (width)||43 m / 141 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||167600 gt|
|Passengers||4488 - 5714|
|Decks with cabins||11|
Review of MSC Bellissima
Launched in 2019, MSC Bellissima is the second of the new-design (Vista Project) identical-class and biggest MSC Cruises ships - following the sister-ship MSC Meraviglia (launched 2017), The 3rd and 4th MSC Vista vessels (still unnamed) are scheduled for delivery in 2020 and 2022. These ships are part of the MSC fleet expansion program with budget of USD 5,3 billion.
History - construction & ownership
MSC Cruises is a global cruise company based in Switzerland, with headquarters in Geneva and Naples. MSC is the largest privately-owned cruise company in the world, with offices in 45 countries and 15,500 employees worldwide. MSC Crociere S.p.A. (Italian) is part of the Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC), which is the 2nd biggest container shipping operator in the world. MSC Cruises is the world's 4th largest cruise company, after Carnival Corp. & plc, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines with 5.2% share of all cruise passengers carried in 2015. In 2014 MSC Cruises announced that its four Lirica class ships were scheduled for renovation under the line's "Renaissance Programme". In 2015, the company offered four new ships from STX France and Fincantieri Italy, with an option for three more. The first two vessels are due to be delivered in 2017 - MSC Meraviglia in May and MSC Seaside in November.
The 167,600-ton, 4,500-passenger cruise ship MSC Bellissima is scheduled for delivery in spring 2019. The name of the new ship (meaning “beautiful” in Italian) was announced at the ceremony held to mark the float out of sister ship MSC Meraviglia at STX France shipyard (Saint Nazaire) on September 2, 2016. Deck plans for MSC Bellissima feature “cluster cabins” for families, that allow up to three rooms to be interlinked. The “Near Field Communication” technology allows guests to access their cabins, make onboard payments/booking and to locate their kids by using a bracelet, onboard card or smartphone.
STX France cut the first piece of steel for the 2nd Meraviglia class ship of MSC Cruises at Saint-Nazaire yard in France on November 26, 2016. Part of EUR 9 billion investment that tripled the company's passenger capacity over the next 10 years, Bellissima is the 4th of 11 next-generation MSC cruise ships to come into service over that period. The vessel's scheduled debut is in 2019.
MSC Bellissima is fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve the onboard digital experience for passengers. The company entered partnership with Samsung to support NFC (near-field communication) technology onboard, enabling passengers to use smartphones, cruise card or bracelet to geo-locate themselves or their kids, to access their stateroom or make onboard payments. Interactive screens are placed throughout the ship to enable passengers to make real-time bookings and reservations. Beacon technology is also used, sending location-based, customised notifications to users' phones as they move around the ship. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Bellissima itinerary program includes Central and Western Mediterranean itineraries (starting March 24, 2019 / Inaugural Cruise). The 7-day round-trip cruise itinerary offers departures from Barcelona Spain, Marseille France, Italy (Genoa, Naples). Part of the itinerary are also Messina (Sicily Island, port Taormina) and Valletta (Malta).
MSC Bellissima has a total of 2244 staterooms in 32 categories, with 75% featuring private balconies. The largest aboard MSC Bellissima are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (700 ft2). There are also 46 wheelchair-accessible cabins.
The following official MSC Cruises YouTube video release reviews the ship's best features and onboard amenities.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
12 new and creative onboard dining options are available, among which are the Mediterranean Village (speciality dining) and the exclusive Yacht Club Fine Dining Restaurant.
Follows the complete list of MSC Bellissima restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurant (dining room; offers different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also features vegan and vegetarian meals)
- Eataly Restaurant (Eataly Food Chain designed food store & specialty restaurant)
- La Piazzetta Restaurant (self service buffet & pizzeria; offers Afternoon tea and occasional midnight buffet; includes Onboard Pizzeria and steaks & seafood specialty restaurant)
- Butcher's Cut (American steakhouse)
- chocolate "atelier" and creperie by renowned pastry chef Jean Philippe Maury
- buffet restaurant (open 20 hours a day)
- Kaito Sushi & Kaito Teppanyaki;
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MSC Bellissima features a large water park connected to an indoor amusement park on two levels, and to two-level entertainment space (interior promenade) housing specialty restaurants, bars, duty-free shops. The Promenade is covered by a LED dome ceiling called “digital sky”.
Follows the complete list of MSC Bellissima lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Bellissima Atrium (multi-deck high central ship area with live entertainment)
- Cyber Library (Internet computers room & library)
- Cybercafe (Internet computers room)
- 985-seat Broadway Theatre (features grand-style show productions and classical concerts, with 2 shows per night - at 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.)
- 12 weekly Cirque du Soleil shows in Carousel Lounge, accommodating 120 passengers for dinner, plus additional 290 seated guests for drinks
- Pre-Dinner & Cocktail Bar; Cocktail Bar; Italian Coffee Bar
- Chocolata; Ice-Creams
- Boutique & Accessories Shop; Jewelry Shop; Duty-Free Shop; Perfumery; Temporary Shop; Fashion Shop; Logo Shop; Fashion & Jewelry Shop; Photo gallery & Shop
- Aft Lounge & Bar
- The ceiling covering the indoor promenade area is a 480 m2 LED screen - a digital sky transmitting live views (sunsets, sunrises, starry sky), also special events and shows.
- Solarium (adults-only relaxation area with Solarium Pool and Bar)
- Main Pool area (swimming pools, whirlpools, loungers) - 4 swimming pools (including a 25-metre Atmosphere pool, 10-metre indoor Bamboo pool, Horizon pool at the back of ship)
- sports and kids facilities, MSC Yacht Club Suites
- Yacht Club Lounge & Bar
- 1,100-sq.metre Balinese spa; Solarium (adults-only relaxation area upper level)
- Gymnasium; Arcade Games; TV Games; Bowling
- 4D Cinema; Flight Simulator
- Team Sport Arena; Sports Bar
- Yacht Club exclusive Restaurant
- Sliding Roof (over the Solarium pool area)
- Piano Lounge & Bar
- Doremi Lab; Team Sport Area
- Baby’s Club; Kids Club; Junior Club; Young Club; Teen’s Area
- Cinema, Theatre Doremi, Night Club, Studio
- Sun Deck (outdoor area with a pool)
- MSC Yacht Club Open Area, Pool & Bar
- 2 Whirlpools; 2 Solariums; Aquapark featuring Champagne Bowl high-speed water slide & Himalayan Bridge, that spans the width of ship's deck; Super Amusement Park
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
MSC Bellissima wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: tba
- Total number of cabins: 2250
- Dining Rooms: tba
- Restaurants and food bars: tba
- Lounges & Bars: tba
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Spa Suites.
- Casino, Promenade Deck, MSC Yacht Club, Spa, Gym, jacuzzis, swimming pools, 4D cinema, F1 car simulator, Water Park.
- The MSC Bellissima (sister-ship to MSC Meraviglia) is second only to the Royal Caribbean's Oasis-class vessels in terms of passenger capacity. The Meraviglia-class ships are the largest ever constructed for an European-based cruise line.
- The name "Bellissima" translates from Italian as "gorgeous".
- MSC's largest ship features a huge outdoor water park, connected to a 2-deck amusement park, entertainment space & aft lounge and interior promenade styled like a Mediterranean village. This area houses bars, specialty restaurants and shops, and is covered by a 5,167 sq.feet LED dome ceiling called "digital sky". Other unique features are the interlinked "cluster cabins" allowing up to 3 cabins to be opened up for families. The MSC Yacht Club represents the concept of "ship within a ship" with its separate restaurants, duplex suites, exclusive lounge and solarium.
- The technology "Near Field Communication" enables passengers to access their rooms, make payments or geo-locate their kids on board, by simply using their bracelet, cruise card, smartphone.
- Don't forget that on MSC Meraviglia cruises kids sail for free!
- On November 26, 2016, at the at St Nazaire shipyard was cut the vessel's first piece of steel. The scheduled fol launch in 2019 ship is the 4th of all 11 new-generation MSC cruise vessels to join the fleet through 2022.
- Most prominent features revealed for the new ship include: "cluster cabins" (interlinked for families allow up to 3 staterooms to be opened up), "Near Field Communication" technology (enables guests to access cabins, make payments on board or geo-locate children by simply using their MSC cruise card, bracelet or smartphone), huge outdoor water park (connected to an indoor amusement park), Interior promenade with specialty restaurants, bars, shops (covered by a 5165 ft2 LED dome ceiling called "digital sky").
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2019
MSC cruise bookings for Bellissima were opened on May 15, 2017.
- The new ship will operate on Central and Western Mediterranean itineraries (starting March 2019).
- The Inaugural Cruise (maiden voyage's) date is March 24, 2019.
- The 7-day round-trip cruise itinerary program offers departures from Barcelona Spain, Marseille France, Italy (Genoa, Naples). Part of the itinerary are also Messina (Sicily Island, port Taormina) and Valletta (Malta).
- Early Booking Deals (made by July 31, 2017) receive a complimentary "Cirque du Soleil at Sea" (dinner show) experience.
MSC Bellissima related cruise news
MSC Cruises announced that they have opened bookings for MSC Bellissima, the highly-anticipated 2nd mega ship in line’s Meraviglia generation...May 3, 2017
MSC Cruises revealed the name of its 2nd Meraviglia-class ship, MSC Bellissima, at the ceremony held to mark the float out of sister ship MSC...September 3, 2016
- show more news