MSC Bellissima Review and Specifications
Specifications of MSC Bellissima
|Builder||STX FRANCE SA|
|Year of built||2019|
|Gross Tonnage||167600 gt|
|Passengers||4488 - 5386|
|Decks with cabins||11|
Review of MSC Bellissima
Launched in 2019, MSC Bellissima (under construction in STX France) is the second of the new-design (after MSC Meraviglia, 2017), identical-class and biggest MSC Cruises ships by the company’s “Vista Project”. The 3rd and 4th Vista ships (still unnamed) are scheduled for delivery in 2020 and 2022. These ships are part of the MSC fleet expansion program worth USD 5,3 billion.
History - construction & ownership
MSC Cruises is a global cruise company based in Switzerland, with headquarters in Geneva and Naples. MSC is the largest privately-owned cruise company in the world, with offices in 45 countries and 15,500 employees worldwide. MSC Crociere S.p.A. (Italian) is part of the Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC), which is the 2nd biggest container shipping operator in the world. MSC Cruises is the world's 4th largest cruise company, after Carnival Corp. & plc, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines with 5.2% share of all cruise passengers carried in 2015. In 2014 MSC Cruises announced that its four Lirica class ships were scheduled for renovation under the line's "Renaissance Programme". In 2015, the company offered four new ships from STX France and Fincantieri Italy, with an option for three more. The first two vessels are due to be delivered in 2017 - MSC Meraviglia in May and MSC Seaside in November.
The 167,600-ton, 4,500-passenger cruise ship MSC Bellissima is scheduled for delivery in spring 2019. The name of the new ship (meaning “beautiful” in Italian) was announced at the ceremony held to mark the float out of sister ship MSC Meraviglia at STX France shipyard (Saint Nazaire) on September 2, 2016. Deck plans for MSC Bellissima will feature “cluster cabins” for families, that allow up to three rooms to be interlinked. The “Near Field Communication” technology will allow guests to access their cabins, make onboard payments/booking and to locate their kids by using a bracelet, onboard card or smartphone.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Bellissima itinerary program is to be announced soon.
MSC Bellissima has a total of 2244 staterooms in 32 categories, with 75% featuring private balconies. The largest aboard MSC Bellissima are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (700 ft2). There are also 46 wheelchair-accessible cabins.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
12 new and creative dining options will be available onboard MSC Bellissima. Expect the Mediterranean Village with speciality dining and Yacht Club Fine Dining Restaurant.
Follows the complete list of MSC Bellissima restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurant (dining room; offers different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also features vegan and vegetarian meals)
- Eataly Restaurant (Eataly Food Chain designed food store & specialty restaurant)
- La Piazzetta Restaurant (self service buffet & pizzeria; offers Afternoon tea and occasional midnight buffet; includes Onboard Pizzeria and steaks & seafood specialty restaurant)
- Butcher's Cut (American steakhouse)
- chocolate "atelier" and creperie by renowned pastry chef Jean Philippe Maury
- buffet restaurant (open 20 hours a day)
- Kaito Sushi & Kaito Teppanyaki;
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MSC Bellissima will feature a large water park connected to an indoor amusement park on two levels, and to two-level entertainment space (interior promenade) housing specialty restaurants, bars, duty-free shops. The Promenade will be covered by a LED dome ceiling called “digital sky”.
Follows the complete list of MSC Bellissima lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Bellissima Atrium (multi-deck high central ship area with live entertainment)
- Cyber Library (Internet computers room & library)
- Cybercafe (Internet computers room)
- 985-seat Broadway Theatre (features grand-style show productions and classical concerts, with 2 shows per night - at 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.)
- 12 weekly Cirque du Soleil shows in Carousel Lounge, accommodating 120 passengers for dinner, plus additional 290 seated guests for drinks
- Pre-Dinner & Cocktail Bar; Cocktail Bar; Italian Coffee Bar
- Chocolata; Ice-Creams
- Boutique & Accessories Shop; Jewelry Shop; Duty-Free Shop; Perfumery; Temporary Shop; Fashion Shop; Logo Shop; Fashion & Jewelry Shop; Photo gallery & Shop
- Aft Lounge & Bar
- The ceiling covering the indoor promenade area will be a 480 m2 LED screen - a digital sky transmitting live views (sunsets, sunrises, starry sky), special events and shows.
- Solarium (adults-only relaxation area with Solarium Pool and Bar)
- Main Pool area (swimming pools, whirlpools, loungers) - 4 swimming pools (including a 25-metre Atmosphere pool, 10-metre indoor Bamboo pool, Horizon pool at the back of ship)
- sports and kids facilities, MSC Yacht Club Suites
- Yacht Club Lounge & Bar
- 1,100-sq.metre Balinese spa; Solarium (adults-only relaxation area upper level)
- Gymnasium; Arcade Games; TV Games; Bowling
- 4D Cinema; Flight Simulator
- Team Sport Arena; Sports Bar
- Yacht Club exclusive Restaurant
- Sliding Roof (over the Solarium pool area)
- Piano Lounge & Bar
- Doremi Lab; Team Sport Area
- Baby’s Club; Kids Club; Junior Club; Young Club; Teen’s Area
- Cinema, Theatre Doremi, Night Club, Studio
- Sun Deck (outdoor area with a pool)
- MSC Yacht Club Open Area, Pool & Bar
- 2 Whirlpools; 2 Solariums; Aquapark featuring Champagne Bowl high-speed water slide & Himalayan Bridge, that spans the width of ship's deck; Super Amusement Park
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.