MSC Bellissima Review and Specifications
Specifications of MSC Bellissima
|Builder||STX Europe (St Nazaire, France)|
|Building cost||USD 1 billion|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||315 m / 1033 ft|
|Beam (width)||43 m / 141 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||167600 gt|
|Passengers||4488 - 5386|
|Decks with cabins||11|
Review of MSC Bellissima
Launched in 2019, MSC Bellissima (under construction in STX France) is the second of the new-design (after MSC Meraviglia, 2017), identical-class and biggest MSC Cruises ships by the company’s “Vista Project”. The 3rd and 4th Vista ships (still unnamed) are scheduled for delivery in 2020 and 2022. These ships are part of the MSC fleet expansion program worth USD 5,3 billion.
History - construction & ownership
MSC Cruises is a global cruise company based in Switzerland, with headquarters in Geneva and Naples. MSC is the largest privately-owned cruise company in the world, with offices in 45 countries and 15,500 employees worldwide. MSC Crociere S.p.A. (Italian) is part of the Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC), which is the 2nd biggest container shipping operator in the world. MSC Cruises is the world's 4th largest cruise company, after Carnival Corp. & plc, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines with 5.2% share of all cruise passengers carried in 2015. In 2014 MSC Cruises announced that its four Lirica class ships were scheduled for renovation under the line's "Renaissance Programme". In 2015, the company offered four new ships from STX France and Fincantieri Italy, with an option for three more. The first two vessels are due to be delivered in 2017 - MSC Meraviglia in May and MSC Seaside in November.
The 167,600-ton, 4,500-passenger cruise ship MSC Bellissima is scheduled for delivery in spring 2019. The name of the new ship (meaning “beautiful” in Italian) was announced at the ceremony held to mark the float out of sister ship MSC Meraviglia at STX France shipyard (Saint Nazaire) on September 2, 2016. Deck plans for MSC Bellissima will feature “cluster cabins” for families, that allow up to three rooms to be interlinked. The “Near Field Communication” technology will allow guests to access their cabins, make onboard payments/booking and to locate their kids by using a bracelet, onboard card or smartphone.
STX France cut the first piece of steel for the 2nd Meraviglia class ship of MSC Cruises at Saint-Nazaire yard in France on November 26, 2016. Part of a €9 billion investment that will see line's capacity triple over the next 10 years, MSC Bellissima will be the 4th of 11 next-generation cruise ships to come into service over the period. She is scheduled to debut in 2019.
MSC Bellissima is fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve the onboard digital experience for passengers. The company entered partnership with Samsung to support NFC (near-field communication) technology onboard, enabling passengers to use smartphones, cruise card or bracelet to geo-locate themselves or their kids, to access their stateroom or make onboard payments. Interactive screens are placed throughout the ship to enable passengers to make real-time bookings and reservations. Beacon technology is also used, sending location-based, customised notifications to users' phones as they move around the ship. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Bellissima itinerary program is to be announced soon.
MSC Bellissima has a total of 2244 staterooms in 32 categories, with 75% featuring private balconies. The largest aboard MSC Bellissima are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (700 ft2). There are also 46 wheelchair-accessible cabins.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
12 new and creative dining options will be available onboard MSC Bellissima. Expect the Mediterranean Village with speciality dining and Yacht Club Fine Dining Restaurant.
Follows the complete list of MSC Bellissima restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurant (dining room; offers different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also features vegan and vegetarian meals)
- Eataly Restaurant (Eataly Food Chain designed food store & specialty restaurant)
- La Piazzetta Restaurant (self service buffet & pizzeria; offers Afternoon tea and occasional midnight buffet; includes Onboard Pizzeria and steaks & seafood specialty restaurant)
- Butcher's Cut (American steakhouse)
- chocolate "atelier" and creperie by renowned pastry chef Jean Philippe Maury
- buffet restaurant (open 20 hours a day)
- Kaito Sushi & Kaito Teppanyaki;
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MSC Bellissima will feature a large water park connected to an indoor amusement park on two levels, and to two-level entertainment space (interior promenade) housing specialty restaurants, bars, duty-free sh
MSC Bellissima wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: tba
- Total number of cabins: 2250
- Dining Rooms: tba
- Restaurants and food bars: tba
- Lounges & Bars: tba
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Spa Suites.
- Casino, Promenade Deck, MSC Yacht Club, Spa, Gym, jacuzzis, swimming pools, 4D cinema, F1 car simulator, Water Park.
- The MSC Bellissima (sister-ship to MSC Meraviglia) is second only to the Royal Caribbean's Oasis-class vessels in terms of passenger capacity. The Meraviglia-class ships are the largest ever constructed for an European-based cruise line.
- The name "Bellissima" translates from Italian as "gorgeous".
- MSC's largest ship features a huge outdoor water park, connected to a 2-deck amusement park, entertainment space & aft lounge and interior promenade styled like a Mediterranean village. This area houses bars, specialty restaurants and shops, and is covered by a 5,167 sq.feet LED dome ceiling called "digital sky". Other unique features are the interlinked "cluster cabins" allowing up to 3 cabins to be opened up for families. The MSC Yacht Club represents the concept of "ship within a ship" with its separate restaurants, duplex suites, exclusive lounge and solarium.
- The technology "Near Field Communication" enables passengers to access their rooms, make payments or geo-locate their kids on board, by simply using their bracelet, cruise card, smartphone.
- Don't forget that on MSC Meraviglia cruises kids sail for free!
MSC Bellissima related cruise news
STX France cut the first piece of steel for the 2nd Meraviglia class ship of MSC Cruises at Saint-Nazaire yard in France on Monday, November 26. Part...December 3, 2016
MSC Cruises revealed the name of its 2nd Meraviglia-class ship, MSC Bellissima, at the ceremony held to mark the float out of sister ship MSC...September 3, 2016
- show more news