Pacific Eden Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pacific Eden
|Year built||1993 / Age : 25|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 220 million|
|Owner||Global Maritime Group Inc|
|Operator||CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages) via Transocean Tours|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||219 m / 719 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||55819 gt|
|Passengers||1260 - 1512|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||MS Statendam, Vasco da Gama|
|Christened by||Kate Ritchie|
Current itinerary of Pacific Eden
Pacific Eden current cruise is 10 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu. The itinerary starts on 13 Nov, 2018 and ends on 23 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|13 Nov 16:00||Departing from Sydney, NSW Australia|
|16 Nov 08:00 - 17:30||Noumea, Grande Terre island, New Caledonia|
|17 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Lifou Island, New Caledonia|
|18 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Port Vila, Efate Island, Vanuatu|
|19 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Champagne Bay, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu|
|23 Nov 07:00||Arriving in Sydney, NSW Australia|
Review of Pacific Eden
Launched in 1993, Pacific Eden is (built as ms Statendam) is one of the new P&O Australia cruise ships, together with Pacific Aria (former ms Ryndam) and Pacific Explorer (Dawn Princess). The ship joined the P&O AU fleet in 2015.
NEWS: On March 7, 2018, the UK company Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) announced the purchase of MS Pacific Eden from P&O Australia. The ship (renamed "Vasco da Gama") starts operations for CMV via the subsidiary Transocean Tours (maiden voyage on April 23, 2019). The official christening ceremony will be held in Bremerhaven (Germany).
- The vessel joins the CMV fleet in April 2019. The liner's new name will be announced on March 20, 2018. Among the proposed ship names were Amerigo Vespucci, Vasco da Gama, Pytheas, Henry Hudson. On March 21, 2018, CMV announced the ship's new name will be "MS Vasco de Gama".
- The short drydock refurbishment in Singapore in April 2019 will include mainly livery change and rebranding. Then the ship will be repositioned through Suez Canal for an Inaugural cruise season in Northern Europe (May-October).
- The ship will target mainly the German and Australasian markets. During summer (May through October), the ship will be operated by "TransOcean Kreuzfahrten" (CMV’s German brand) and homeported in Bremerhaven and Kiel. During winter (December through March) the ship will be operated by CMV and deployed in Australia (homeported in Fremantle-Perth and Adelaide), with repositioning cruises via Suez Canal between Europe and Australia.
History - construction and ownership
P&O Cruises is a subsidiary company and two brands owned by Carnival Corporation - P&O UK and P&O Australia. In 2000, P&O Cruises became subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation. PandO is the world's oldest cruise company, starting passenger shipping operations in 1822 on the routes connecting England with Iberia.
The 55,819-ton, 1,266-passenger cruise ship Pacific Eden was launched and operated as ms Statendam (part of the Holland America fleet between 1993 and 2015). In May 2014 Carnival Corporation (owner of both brands P&O and HAL) announced that the ship will be transferred to the P&O Australia’s fleet in 2015 after a scheduled refurbishment to tailor Statendam for the Australia/New Zealand market.
Cruise itinerary program
Pacific Eden itinerary program is based on Australia cruises from Sydney,Brisbane, Adelaide, Fremantle, Singapore, including roundtrip “South Pacific Islands” voyages to Fiji, Vanuatu, Santo, New Caledonia; “cruises to nowhere” and short breaks; Queensland cruises to the Great Barrier Reef and Papua New Guinea; Coral Coast and Indonesia cruises; roundtrip Southeast Asia cruises to Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia from Singapore; oneway itineraries on repositioning.
CMV Vasco da Gama cruise itinerary program starts with the "inaugural cruise" from Singapore to Amsterdam (Holland), also offered as 45-day itinerary to Tilbury-London UK. The 46-day repositioning voyage is via Suez Canal and visits ports in Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Oman, Egypt, Israel, Greece, Italy, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Portugal.
From Amsterdam and London, the new ship offers World Cruise (through Panama Canal) to ports in Caribbean, Mexico, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, New Zealand and Australia.
Pacific Eden has a total of 630 cabins (of which 28 Suites, 149 Balcony, 128 Inside rooms, 100 single cabins) in 23 grades. Most Pacific Eden staterooms (80%) are 195-sq.foot Oceanview rooms (353). Of all Pacific Aria cabins, nearly 25% have a private balcony. The largest aboard Pacific Aria are the Penthouse Suites (940 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Pacific Eden showcases P&O Australia's biggest dining options' selection, with 15 venues in total. The Pantry replaced the traditional buffet. It is an area of fresh-food stations including items like fish and chips and a delicatessen. The Dragon Lady serves a range of Asian dishes, Angelo's is an elegant Italian venue. The Open Kitchen is a modern cooking school. Back by popular demand are favourites, such as the exclusive 14-seat Chef's Table and Salt Grill by Luke Mangan. The Waterfront Restaurant, ship's main dining room, continues to serve classic Australian dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a stylish setting.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Eden restaurants and food bars.
- Waterfront Restaurant (open-seating dining room; each of all three dining rooms on Pacific Aria is operated with “Your Choice Dining” (a la carte) menus for breakfast and lunch, and offers a 4-course dinner menu. Tables seat up to 10 guests. Dining times vary according to sea/port days. The Waterfront is connected with the Asian and Italian themed dining rooms)
- The Dragon Lady (Asian cuisine restaurant; ship’s second dining room)
- The Angelo’s (Italian cuisine restaurant, the third dining room)
- The Pantry (self service buffet restaurant with an open-air terrace)
- Salt Grill (reservations-only specialty restaurant via partnership with Australian celebrity chef Luke Mangan)
- Chef’s Table (specialty dining venue with gourmet private dining and tour of the galley).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The interior design changes that transformed ms Statendam into the new Pacific Eden were done by the “Tillberg Design” company (Sweden). New lounges include the Salt Grill Bar (complementing the MIX cocktail bar), Cellar Door for wine tastings and Dome Observatory (nightclub). For kids, innovative activity clubs include Turtle Cove (ages 3-6-yo), Shark Shack (ages 7-10-yo) and HQ for teens. Adults can relax in the child-free Oasis on ship's top deck, while all ages enjoy the swimming pool on Lido deck and the adventures of P&OEdge program, held all over Pacific Eden, with a climbing course on the funnel and a zip line across the top deck.
Follows the complete list of Pacific Eden lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pacific Eden Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub)
- The Marquee Theatre (2-decks, featuring large scale shows, magic and comedy acts; during the day, the theatre hosts Jackpot bingo games, trivia quizzes)
- Cellar Door (boutique winery); Ocean Bar; Blue Room (bar); The Bar/Monkey Bar; The Grill/Lido Bar; Pool Bar
- Cinema & Open Kitchen (indoor cinema with a culinary school)
- Tax and Duty Free Shops; PANDORA shop (jewelry)
- The Dome (indoor observation lounge with floor-ceiling windows, large dance floor and a full service bar; transforms into a disco nightclub in the evenings)
- Casino (served by The “MIX” Lounge and Bar which doubles as sports bar)
- Expressions Studio (Photo Gallery and Shop); The Library (with Internet Cafe)
- The Oasis (adults-only relaxation complex)
- Aqua HealthSpaFitness (Wellness Centre with Day Spa, Thermal Suites, Fitness Centre with a separate room for classes, Hair and Beauty Salon); Main Pool Area
- Promenade (decks 6 & 7), 2 pools (1 covered with sliding roof, 1 adults-only), 2 jacuzzis
- Teen- and Kids club lounges (offering complimentary activities by P&O youth programme: “Turtle Cove”; “Shark Shack”; “HQ” lounge; “HQ+” teen lounge)
- P&OEdge Adventure Park experience (“high adrenalin” program with 20 different activities, such as climbing, jumping, racing, flying on ropes)
- Jogging Track; Traditional deck games area (Deck Chess, Deck Quoits, Shufflleboard); Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
Pacific Eden wiki
- ms Pacific Eden P&O cruise ship started its carrier under the name "ms Statendam". She was operated by Holland America Line from 1993 to 2015, when the vessel will be refurbished and transfered to P&O Australia's fleet, renamed "Pacific Eden" and homeported in Sydney, Australia. Another newcomer was Pacific Explorer (former Dawn Princess) - joined the fleet in early 2017.
- Pacific Eden cruise ship as design is sister to Pacific Aria (former ms Ryndam), and to the Holland America Line ships Veendam and Maasdam.
- The P&O ship Eden started operations in 2015 November, right after the re-naming ceremony in Sydney Australia. The christening ceremony was dual (also including the Pacific Aria ship) and held at Fort Denison (Sydney Harbour) on November 25, 2015. Eden's godmother is Mrs Kate Ritchie (actress). Part of the dual naming celebrations were also the PandO Australia ships Pacific Pearl (now CMV Columbus), Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn. On each of the five ships there were musical parties with live performances featuring Jessica Mauboy (on Aria), The Veronicas (on Eden), Samantha Jade (on Pearl), Justice Crew (on Jewel) and Stan Walker (on Dawn).
- Before its transfer to P&O, MS Statendam was dry-docked for refurbishment in Singapore, then renamed to “Pacific Eden”. The Inaugural Cruise for PandO was on November 15, 2015 (out of Fremantle-Perth). The P&O naming ceremony was in Sydney NSW on November 25, 2015. The ship’s godmother is Kate Ritchie (Katherine Leigh Ritchie, Australian actress).
- During its inaugural season, Pacific Eden was departing from various Australian ports, including Sydney, Melbourne, Fremantle (Perth), Adelaide, Caims, Brisbane. The ship also operated Southeast Asia itineraries leaving from Singapore to Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia.
- Pacific Eden's Cruise to Nowhere deals are on specially themed Australian roundtrip voayges (with no additional porst of call along the route). These short breaks are usually themed "Food and Wine", "Music" (various styles/performers), "Comedy", "Sports". P&O Australia "cruises to nowhere" prices are also inclusive of all special activites and themed entertainment on the ship, including classes and workshops, lectures, presentations, guest performances, theme parties.
- First cruise (Maiden Voyage) on 2015, November 15 - 10-days oneway from Fremantle to Sydney, visiting Esperance, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne.
- First Asia cruise (2016, May 2) 12-days from Fremantle to Indonesia, visiting Komodo Island, Ujung Pandang, Lombok, Probolinggo, Bali.
- P&O Australia's Eden ship is the second one in the world to call on Fraser Island - after the new fleetmate Pacific Aria. The island's location is along Queensland's southern coast- some 200 km / 120 ml north of Brisbane. This is a World Heritage-listed location and also the largest sand island in the world (length 120 km / 75 ml, width 24 km / 15 ml). The Eden's scheduled visit to Fraser Island Queensland is on December 12, 2016 (Sydney round-trip cruise itinerary). Among the special P&O Cruises shore excursion deals on Fraser Island is the Kingfisher Bay Resort, offering 4WD tours along the island's beaches and some 1500 km / 930 ml of tracks.
- Pacific Eden was last refurbished in Singapore, August 2017. More than 100 experienced trade people took only 12 days to complete an elaborate scope of works aboard the ship, including: two Conference Rooms, Show Lounge (spanning 2 decks), Dome Bar, Kids Zone, Photo Gallery, Spa, Gym, Crew Bathrooms.
ms Statendam cruise ship
Follows the table with information regarding the previously named "MS Statendam" Holland America vessel.
- Passenger decks: 10
- Cabin grades number: 26
- Total number of cabins: 630 (of which 149 Suites, no Balcony, 129 Inside, 32 Spa rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Rotterdam
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido (indoor buffet with outdoor Lido Terrace), Terrace Grill (fast-food), Pinnacle Grill (steakhouse, seafood, French /"Le Cirque" in the evening), Canaletto (Italian).
- Lounges & Bars: Showroom at Sea (theater), Wajang (culinary arts, and cinema), Crow’s Nest (nightclub), MIX (Champagne, Spirits & Ales, Martini), Wine Tasting and Gourmet Shops, Explorer’s, Explorations Cafe, Neptune (suite guests), Ocean (Atrium bar), Casino, kids and teens lounges (Club HAL, The Loft, The Oasis), poolside bars.
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("Club Hal"), cruise ship weddings, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry/Self-Serve Laundromats, Spa cabins (6 CQ - large oceanview, 2 IQ - Inside), Spa suites (8, BQ category).
- Adults relaxation area (Sea View), Greenhouse Spa, Fitness, 2 jacuzzis, 2 pools, wraparound Promenade (Deck 6).
- Holland America Statendam cruise ship is of the line's 1st S-class vessel.
- The ship's Maiden Voyage was on January 16, 1993, godmother - Lin Arison. It has art-antiques collection of items from the 17-18-19th centuries (themed Dutch exploration). In its Atrium area, this HAL ship has a huge fountain (by G.Lebigre, Italy).
- This is the 5th HAL ship with this name. Fun fact is that the 2nd Statendam ship never sailed for HAL (then NASM), but for the British - in the WWI, under the name SS Justicia.
MS Statendam itineraries
Holland America Statendam ship was transferred to P&O Australia, starting operations in November 2015. Before the transfer, the ship operated on the following itineraries (Alaskan cruises from Vancouver BC Canada):
- 7-day round-trip from Vancouver - visiting Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan
- 7-day Vancouver to Seward - visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay
- 7-day Seward to Vancouver - visiting Glacier Bay, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan
- 3-day round-trip Vancouver - sailing along the US Pacific Coastal
- 28-day back-to-back Panama Canal cruises, round-trip from San Diego CA
14-day one-way Panama Canal transits between San Diego and Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades, Florida) 28-day round-trip from San Diego to Hawaii (also visiting Kiribati and French Polynesia) Repositioning to and from Alaska - between San Diego and Vancouver, and back-to-back with Panama Canal transition.
Pacific Eden round-trip cruise departs Sydney January 17, 2018 and includes 2 full days in Melbourne to attend Australian Open. General admission tickets for 2 day sessions and a night session while in Melbourne are included in the package as well as direct transfers between the cruise ship and Melbourne Park throughout day and evening. No match is to be missed during the 2 sea days either, with all sessions screened live on a large screen aboard the ship. The 5-night tennis cruise package is from US$899 per person twin share.
Pacific Eden - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pacific EdenAdd Photo
Pacific Eden ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The German unit of UK-based Cruise and Maritime Voyages group, TransOcean Kreuzfahrten, unveiled that its latest acquisition will be officially named...October 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages’ 6th ship, Vasco da Gama (still sailing as Pacific Eden), will operate 2 voyages from London Tilbury in 2019...May 21, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The latest addition to the fleet of Cruise & Maritime Voyages will be named Vasco da Gama following the vote by trade partners and passengers...March 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
CMV Travel & Leisure Group announced the acquisition of the Pacific Eden cruise ship from P&O Cruises Australia. The new name of Eden will...March 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
P&O Cruises kicked off South Australia cruise season with line's longest itinerary out of Adelaide to date – an 8-night roundtrip cruise to...February 13, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Pacific Eden round-trip cruise departs Sydney January 17, next year and includes 2 full days in Melbourne to attend Australian Open. General...August 30, 2017
After 60 of the 1,500 people onboard the P&O Pacific Eden were struck down with gastroenteritis, angry cruise passengers described the vessel...December 29, 2015
- show more news
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
Pacific Eden Itineraries
The below listed Pacific Eden cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 09||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney|
|2018 Nov 13||10 days, round-trip Discover Vanuatu||Sydney|
|2018 Nov 23||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Sydney||$611|
|2018 Nov 26||9 days, round-trip Explore The Loyalty Islands||Sydney||$1534|
|2018 Dec 05||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$744|
|2018 Dec 09||5 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Sydney||$1081|
|2018 Dec 14||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Sydney||$691|
|2018 Dec 17||10 days, round-trip Christmas||Sydney||$1784|
|2018 Dec 27||3 days, round-trip Classic||Sydney||$811|
|2018 Dec 30||9 days, round-trip New Year's Eve||Sydney||$1959|
|2019 Jan 08||7 days, round-trip Southern Barrier Reef Discovery||Sydney||$1311|
|2019 Jan 15||4 days, round-trip Moreton Island||Sydney||$811|
|2019 Jan 19||5 days, round-trip Australian Open Tennis||Sydney||$1031|
|2019 Jan 24||3 days, round-trip Australia Day||Sydney||$781|
|2019 Jan 27||3 days, one-way from Sydney to Adelaide||Sydney||$441|
|2019 Jan 30||3 days, round-trip Kangaroo Island||Adelaide||$364|
|2019 Feb 02||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Adelaide||$382|
|2019 Feb 05||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$441|
|2019 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Adelaide||$916|
|2019 Feb 16||3 days, round-trip Comedy||Adelaide||$397|
|2019 Feb 19||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$481|
|2019 Feb 23||3 days, round-trip Food & Wine||Adelaide||$381|
|2019 Feb 26||4 days, round-trip Melbourne||Adelaide||$441|
|2019 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Tasmania||Adelaide||$941|
|2019 Mar 09||3 days, round-trip Food & Wine||Adelaide||$371|
|2019 Mar 12||4 days, round-trip Southern Getaway||Adelaide||$491|
|2019 Mar 16||18 days, one-way from Adelaide to Singapore||Adelaide||$2394|
|2019 Mar 16||5 days, one-way from Adelaide to Fremantle||Adelaide||$429|
|2019 Mar 21||13 days, one-way from Fremantle to Singapore||Fremantle||$1592|
|2019 Apr 23||46 days, one-way from Singapore to Amsterdam||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 23||44 days, one-way from Singapore to London Greenwich||Singapore|
|2019 Oct 08||54 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Sydney||Amsterdam|
|2019 Oct 08||50 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Auckland||Amsterdam|
|2019 Oct 09||53 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Sydney||London Greenwich|
|2019 Oct 09||49 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Auckland||London Greenwich|