Pacific Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pacific Princess
|Year built||1999 / Age : 19|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Class||Renaissance / R-Class|
|Building cost||GBP 150 million (USD 200 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||181 m / 594 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||30277 gt|
|Passengers||670 - 804|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||R Three, R3|
|Christened by||Gabi Hollows|
Current itinerary of Pacific Princess
Pacific Princess current cruise is 12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice. The itinerary starts on 11 Nov, 2018 and ends on 23 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Nov 18:00||Departing from Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|12 Nov 07:00 - 21:00||Genoa, Milan, Italy|
|13 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|15 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|16 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Messina, Sicily, Italy|
|17 Nov 08:00 - 22:00||Valletta, Malta|
|19 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|20 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Split, Croatia|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Ravenna, Italy|
|23 Nov||Arriving in Venice, Italy|
Review of Pacific Princess
Launched in 1999, Pacific Princess is the 2nd of the two smallest ships of Princess Cruises R-class, together with Ocean Princess (Oceania Sirena since 2016).
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is an US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 30,277-ton, 686-passenger cruise ship Pacific Princess offers some of the line's most exotic routes in Europe, Asia and South America, including a 107-night World Cruise, starting January to Venice, Italy from Ft. Lauderdale. The two ships were bought in 2002 from Renaissance Cruises (now-defunct), and are the smallest ships in the Princess' fleet. With its dark wood and luxury interiors, Pacific Princess resembles a stately manor house or country inn. The more intimate size facilitates amicability and passengers do not have to be surprised if the personnel knows their name and says hello when they pass by.
Cruise itinerary program
Pacific Princess itinerary program is based on more exotic destinations compared to her larger fleetmates. Pacific sails on a World Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale FL, starting in January each year.
Most Pacific Princess staterooms are 170-sq.foot balcony rooms (170). Almost 75% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 338 staterooms in 25 categories. 5 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Pacific Princess are the Balcony Suites (580 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
As opposed to Princess' larger vessels, Pacific Princess doesn't feature a versatile dining option. There are early and late shifts at 6 and 8:15 p.m. But the vessel offers line's popular alternative dining venues: Sabatini's, the signature Italian restaurant, asks passengers to choose their main entree only, and a parade of hot and cold appetizers, salads, and pastas are automatically served; The Sterling Steakhouse offers traditional favorites, focusing on top-quality steaks complemented by an international wine list. (Note: Due to the small size of the cruise ship, the dining venues alternate the nights they are open).
Follows the complete list of Pacific Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Club Restaurant (aft Dining Room; offers open seating Breakfast and Lunch, Afternoon Tea 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., and formal dining for Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.; hosts “Chef’s Table” private dining)
- Deck BBQ (fast food bar, poolside; complimentary)
- Pizzeria (open for Lunch and Dinner; complimentary)
- Panorama Buffet Restaurant (self-service casual eatery open for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner ”Anytime Dining” - open seating 6 p.m. -11 p.m.)
- Sterling Steakhouse Restaurant & Bar (specialty, dinner only restaurant; offers steaks and seafood; reservations recommended)
- Sabatini’s restaurant & Bar (Italian specialty restaurant; reservations recommended; open for Dinner /all passengers, and for Breakfast /Suite guests only)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Evening entertainment revolves around ship's Cabaret Lounge, equipped with a state-of-the-art lighting and sound system. It presents a full schedule of options, such as variety shows, live music, first-run movies. Live piano music is offered at the Casino Bar. The adjacent casino provides slot machines and table games. Sea days include destination-specific lectures, as well as classes on computer technology and photography (all part of Princess' ScholarShip@Sea program).
Follows the complete list of Pacific Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Cabaret Lounge (forward show lounge for grand show productions)
- Pacific Casino
- Club Bar (piano bar; serves the Club Dining Room)
- Pacific Lounge & Nightclub (also serves British Pub Lunch)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery and Shop; Pacific Boutiques
- Princess Pacific Lotus Spa & Gym (with four Treatment Rooms, two Steam Rooms, Beauty Salon, Fitness Center, Thalasso Spa Pool, Sauna)
- Card Room (board games); Library (sudoku; boar games)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Swimming Pool area (served by Pool Bar and Lido Bar), 3 Jacuzzis
- Jogging Track; Sun Deck area; Golf Driving Net; Shuffleboard.
Pacific Princess 2017 refurbishment review
- The Atrium was modernized - new millwork, renovated grand staircase, new ornamentation and stained glass ceiling.
- Sterling Steakhouse (on deck 10) was redecorated (new upholstery to chairs, new silk draperies, new artworks / B&W movie stars photos).
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (deck 10) was updated (repainted walls, new Italian furnishings, reupholstered chairs, new carpeting, new lounge area, new millwork, arched windows).
- The Club Bar Restaurant (deck 5, Club Dining Room) was updated and redecorated.
- The Panorama Buffet (deck 9) was completely renovated (new tilework, new draperies and carpeting, updated furniture).
- Lido-Pool Deck 9 was renovated (new teak flooring and tiling, new lounge furniture / lounge chairs, pool chaisers, sofas).
- All cruise cabins were upgraded with Princess Cruises signature "Princess Luxury Beds", new plush linens, new plush carpeting, upholstered headboards, new draperies, new decorative lamps, wall sconces with USB ports.
- All cruise suites were updated with contemporary furniture (dining tables, chairs, lounge chairs, sofabeds, desks).
- A new cabin category was introduced (Club Class Mini-Suite") offering exclusive perks and VIP amenities (dining, preferred seating. priority embarkation / disembarkation).
Pacific Princess wiki
- Built under the name R Three, the Princess Pacific ship is the 2nd of the line's smallest (R-class vessels) bought from the Renaissance Cruises fleet. Her sisters from this class are the Oceania ships Insignia, Regatta, Sirena and Nautica, also the Azamara ships Quest, Pursuit and Journey.
- Princess Cruises Pacific ship was operated by Renaissance Cruises and was property to a group of French investors. In 2001, Renaissance bankrupted and Princess purchased two of its vessels - R Three (Pacific Princess) and R Four (Ocean Princess, since 2016 - Oceania Sirena).
- Godmother of the vessel was Gabi Hollows - wife of eye surgeon Fred Hollows, also founding director of Fred Hollows Foundation. The naming ceremony was in Sydney Australia on December8, 2002.
- In January 2015, Pacific Princess sailed on its first Around The World Cruise leaving from Los Angeles, California. World Cruise 2015 itinerary visited ports in Australia, Asia, Europe (Mediterranean) and Caribbean, with Suez Canal and Panama Canal transits, plus a Transatlantic crossing.
Pacific Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pacific PrincessAdd Photo
Pacific Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Rescuers and ships were called off their search for 2 sailors whose fishing boat sank, after their bodies were found off England's east coast. Three...August 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises 2020 World Cruise is offered onboard the 670-passenger Pacific Princess. Because of the popular demand of line's 2019 World...April 25, 2018
- Cruise Industry
After a 2-week, multi-million renovation, Pacific Princess debuted yesterday, June 9, in Fort Lauderdale with new modern patterns, colours and...June 10, 2017
Pacific Princess, which last Friday suffered under the waterline portside damage when she hit a breakwater entering Nice, left the French...October 20, 2016
A 30,000 GT Princess Cruises' liner carrying over 1,000 people has been badly damaged after hitting embankment while entering port of Nice. A...October 15, 2016
- show more news
Other Princess Cruises cruise ships
Pacific Princess Itineraries
The below listed Pacific Princess cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Princess Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 11||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Nov 23||29 days, one-way from Venice to Fort Lauderdale||Venice|
|2018 Nov 23||12 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice|
|2018 Dec 05||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale||Civitavecchia||$1599|
|2018 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Connoisseur||Fort Lauderdale||$2828|
|2019 Jan 05||112 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale||Fort Lauderdale|
|2019 Jan 05||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$2490|
|2019 Jan 20||112 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Los Angeles||Los Angeles||$19499|
|2019 Jan 20||97 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$19199|
|2019 Jan 20||73 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Cape Town||Los Angeles||$16499|
|2019 Jan 20||30 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles||$4999|
|2019 Feb 19||43 days, one-way from Sydney to Cape Town||Sydney|
|2019 Apr 03||39 days, one-way from Cape Town to Los Angeles||Cape Town||$7949|
|2019 Apr 03||24 days, one-way from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale||Cape Town|
|2019 Apr 27||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$2289|
|2019 May 12||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$1719|
|2019 Jun 12||34 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Dover||Fort Lauderdale||$9309|
|2019 Jun 12||18 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Dover||Fort Lauderdale||$4970|
|2019 Jun 30||16 days, round-trip Land of the Midnight Sun||Dover||$4259|
|2019 Jul 16||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia & Russia Collection||Dover||$3589|
|2019 Jul 30||18 days, round-trip Greenland & Iceland (w/ Optional Edinburgh Military Tattoo)||Dover||$6279|
|2019 Aug 17||8 days, round-trip Ireland, Scotland & Wales (with Optional Military Tattoo)||Dover||$2029|
|2019 Aug 25||15 days, round-trip Iceland & Norway||Dover||$4449|
|2019 Sep 09||14 days, round-trip Ireland, Scottish Highlands, and Wales||Dover||$3839|
|2019 Sep 23||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia & Russia Collection||Dover||$3309|
|2019 Oct 07||23 days, one-way from Dover to Venice||Dover||$5029|
|2019 Oct 07||11 days, one-way from Dover to Civitavecchia||Dover||$1956|
|2019 Oct 18||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$3199|
|2019 Oct 30||12 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$3249|
|2019 Nov 11||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$2099|
|2019 Nov 23||29 days, one-way from Venice to Fort Lauderdale||Venice||$4032|
|2019 Nov 23||12 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$2159|
|2019 Dec 05||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale||Civitavecchia||$1769|
|2019 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Caribbean Connoisseur||Fort Lauderdale||$2559|
|2020 Jan 05||112 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale||Fort Lauderdale||$25999|
|2020 Jan 05||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$2399|
|2020 Jan 20||112 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Los Angeles||Los Angeles||$23999|
|2020 Jan 20||97 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$21849|
|2020 Jan 20||75 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Cape Town||Los Angeles||$17049|
|2020 Jan 20||30 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Sydney||Los Angeles||$8239|
|2020 Feb 19||45 days, one-way from Sydney to Cape Town||Sydney|
|2020 Apr 04||37 days, one-way from Cape Town to Los Angeles||Cape Town||$8909|
|2020 Apr 04||22 days, one-way from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale||Cape Town||$7184|
|2020 Apr 26||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$2399|