Spectrum Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Spectrum Of The Seas
|Year built||2019 / Age: 3|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 750 million (USD 940 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International (Asia)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||347 m / 1138 ft|
|Beam (width)||41 m / 135 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||168670 gt|
|Passengers||4246 - 4819|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||Odyssey Of The Seas|
|Christened by||Xiaoming Huang and Angelababy|
Spectrum Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Tianjin||$3111|
|2022 Mar 31||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$1954|
|2022 Apr 05||5 days, round-trip Sasebo Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$2047|
|2022 Apr 10||5 days, round-trip Sasebo Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$1954|
|2022 Apr 20||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$995|
|2022 Apr 24||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Tianjin||$1296|
|2022 May 01||5 days, round-trip Sasebo Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$1277|
|2022 May 06||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$1277|
|2022 May 11||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki Cruise||Tianjin||$1056|
|2022 May 15||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Nagasaki Cruise||Tianjin||$1198|
|2022 May 20||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Nagasaki Cruise||Tianjin||$1277|
|2022 May 25||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka Cruise||Tianjin||$1056|
|2022 May 29||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Tianjin||$1403|
|2022 Jun 05||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Nagasaki Cruise||Tianjin||$945|
|2022 Jun 15||4 days, one-way from Tianjin to Shanghai||Tianjin||$498|
|2022 Jun 19||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Ishigaki Cruise||Shanghai||$920|
|2022 Jun 24||4 days, round-trip Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$787|
|2022 Jun 28||4 days, round-trip Okinawa Cruise||Shanghai||$741|
|2022 Jul 02||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Ishigaki Cruise||Shanghai||$1043|
|2022 Jul 07||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$976|
|2022 Jul 12||4 days, round-trip Okinawa Cruise||Shanghai||$818|
|2022 Jul 16||8 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Shanghai||$1520|
|2022 Jul 24||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Ishigaki Cruise||Shanghai||$1033|
|2022 Jul 29||4 days, round-trip Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$918|
|2022 Aug 02||4 days, round-trip Okinawa Cruise||Shanghai||$871|
|2022 Aug 06||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Kagoshima Cruise||Shanghai||$1100|
|2022 Aug 11||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Kumamoto Cruise||Shanghai||$1100|
|2022 Aug 16||4 days, round-trip Okinawa Cruise||Shanghai||$818|
|2022 Aug 20||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$1033|
|2022 Aug 25||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Ishigaki Cruise||Shanghai||$977|
|2022 Aug 30||4 days, round-trip Okinawa Cruise||Shanghai||$643|
|2022 Sep 03||8 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Shanghai||$1238|
|2022 Sep 11||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Ishigaki Cruise||Shanghai||$806|
|2022 Sep 16||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$863|
|2022 Sep 21||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka Kagoshima Cruise||Shanghai||$850|
|2022 Sep 26||5 days, round-trip Okinawa Miyakojima Cruise||Shanghai||$736|
|2022 Oct 01||6 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Shanghai||$1476|
|2022 Oct 07||4 days, round-trip Fukuoka Cruise||Shanghai||$631|
|2022 Oct 21||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$559|
|2022 Oct 26||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$540|
|2022 Oct 31||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$330|
|2022 Nov 03||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$400|
|2022 Nov 07||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$330|
|2022 Nov 10||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$400|
|2022 Nov 14||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$340|
|2022 Nov 17||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$440|
|2022 Nov 21||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$360|
|2022 Nov 24||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$470|
|2022 Nov 28||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$400|
|2022 Dec 01||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$500|
|2022 Dec 05||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$419|
|2022 Dec 08||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$470|
|2022 Dec 12||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$419|
|2022 Dec 15||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$500|
|2022 Dec 19||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$790|
|2022 Dec 24||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$909|
|2022 Dec 29||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$863|
|2023 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip Spice Of Southeast Asia Cruise||Singapore||$858|
|2023 Jan 09||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$263|
|2023 Jan 12||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$408|
|2023 Jan 16||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$408|
|2023 Jan 20||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$748|
|2023 Jan 25||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$568|
|2023 Jan 30||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$328|
|2023 Feb 02||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$408|
|2023 Feb 06||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$318|
|2023 Feb 09||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$368|
|2023 Feb 13||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$328|
|2023 Feb 16||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$408|
|2023 Feb 20||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$328|
|2023 Feb 23||9 days, round-trip Thailand Vietnam Cruise||Singapore||$1068|
|2023 Mar 04||5 days, round-trip Klang, Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$518|
|2023 Mar 09||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$428|
|2023 Mar 13||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$368|
|2023 Mar 16||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$448|
|2023 Mar 20||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$368|
|2023 Mar 23||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$448|
|2023 Mar 27||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$358|
|2023 Mar 30||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$408|
|2023 Apr 03||3 days, round-trip Penang Cruise||Singapore||$328|
|2023 Apr 06||4 days, round-trip Penang Phuket Cruise||Singapore||$486|
Spectrum Of The Seas Review
Review of Spectrum Of The Seas
The 2019-built Spectrum of the Seas cruise ship is Royal Caribbean's first Quantum-Ultra class vessel with sistership Odyssey OTS (2021). Spectrum OTS was designed and built specifically for the Chinese market. Quantum-Ultra is an upgraded (enlarged and enhanced) version of RCI's Quantum-class ships Anthem OTS, Quantum OTS and Ovation OTS.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US passenger shipping company, trademarked travel brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The Spectrum ship was specifically designed for customers from China and South Asian countries.
Decks and Cabins
Spectrum Of The Seas staterooms (2137 total, in 33 grades) include 142 Suites, 1487 Balcony, 142 Oceanview, 366 Inside (including Virtual Balcony) and also 28 Studios (Balcony and Interior). Most cabins are sized 180-200 ft2 / 17-19 m2. Most cabin balconies are sized 55 ft2 / 5 m2. The largest is the Ultimate Family Suite (2350 ft2 / 218 m2 plus 460 ft2 / 43 ft2 wraparound terrace).
The "Royal Suite Class" booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Quantum's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Spectrum OTS also has wheelchair-accessible cabins and virtual balconies (interior rooms with real-time oceanviews).
"Golden Suite" and Silver Suite" are new cabin categories (introduced on Spectrum OTS) with VIP amenities - exclusive dining room, bar-lounge, sundeck. The "Royal Suite Class" booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Quantum's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Spectrum OTS also has wheelchair-accessible cabins and virtual balconies (interior rooms with real-time seaviews).
Spectrum is Royal Caribbean's first liner with an exclusive Suites-only complex. The enclave is located forward on decks 13-15-16 and consists of Golden- and Silver-categories Suites grouped in a private complex. Golden and Silver suite passengers are provided with exclusive keycard access, private lift, exclusive restaurant and bar-lounge. Suites-exclusive amenities also include access to "The Balcony" (private sundeck area on Deck 16) and "The Boutique" (VIP shopping area on Deck 15, also providing information and booking of private/customized shopping tours ashore).
The boat has 16 decks, of which 15 are passenger-accessible and 11 with cabins.
Compared to the Oasis-class, Quantum-Ultra ships have larger staterooms, more connecting family cabins, new studio staterooms (for solo travelers), more and larger restaurants.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Passengers on Spectrum of the Seas are offered plenty of dining options to choose from, with multiple choices for light bites as well. Reservations for all restaurants can be made online ahead of the cruise. Though not required, reservations are definitely recommended to ensure guests get to eat where they want, when they want. Food and service at the main restaurants are varied and offers an array of experiences.
Follows the complete list of Spectrum of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- 3-level Main Dining Room restaurant (capacity 1844 seats) serves Chinese and International cuisine specialities with additional a la carte menu items. Menus rotate each day of the voyage.
- Silver Dining (Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Golden Dining and Lounge (complimentary and exclusive / Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi speciality restaurant)
- Wonderland's Dadong is a Chinese restaurant via a partnership with celebrity chef Dong Zhenxiang.
- Windjammer Marketplace is the buffet restaurant offering Early Breakfast, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The restaurant is complimentary and approx 1/5 larger in comparison to Quantum-Class liners. Among the dishes offered at the buffet restaurant are noodles, pizzas by the slice, Teppanyaki (Japanese cuisine with iron griddle-cooked meals) and Chinese hot pot food.
- Chops Grille is a speciality steakhouse/seafood restaurant.
- Chef's Table (14-guest capacity, gourmet private dining package)
- Jamie's Italian Restaurant is via a partnership with celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine is a specialty restaurant.
- The Cafe at Two70 (casual dining marketplace/cafe bar)
- "Leaf and Bean" is a Cafe Restaurant / Patisserie / Coffee Shop / Tea Room offering traditional Chinese beverages and snacks, authentic teas, coffee drinks, fresh-baked pastries and gourmet desserts.
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining menu, fka "Devinly Decadence")
- Noodle Bar
- Splashaway Cafe (poolside indoor food bar)
- Sichuan Red (Chinese speciality restaurant) serves authentic cuisine specialities traditional for China's Sichuan province.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Guests on Spectrum of the Seas are free to enjoy 16 decks, with a top deck featuring solarium for adults, an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with a roof system and H2O Zone kids' aqua park. Additional facilities aboard the cruise ship include a surf simulator, a rock-climbing wall measuring 40ft above the deck, a spa, a casino, and an outdoor movie screen.
Spectrum OTS (and all Quantum-Class liners) feature as unique facilities "iFly by RipCord" (skydiving simulator at a fee, reservations are required) and "North Star" (jewel-shaped glass capsule) rising 300 ft (92 m) above sea level for 360-degree views above the ship. North Star is at a fee and also can be privately booked (for special events). At "iFly by RipCord", each passenger is fitted with goggles, helmet and jumpsuit before jumping into the chamber (1-min sessions). These vessels also have Bionic Bar where "bartending robots" mix up cocktails ordered via a tablet.
Follows the complete list of Spectrum of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Theater (1299-seat, features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances and Broadway-style productions). Exclusively for Spectrum OTS, Royal Caribbean developed two original musical productions (both with hi-tech special effects) held at Royal Theater - "The Effectors" and "Showgirl! Present Future". The Effectors is themed on 4 superheroes - Captain Coreo (leader, has powers to control all movements), Lume (sassy supergirl, has the power to control light and all visual creations), Pixel (sexy and mysterious supergirl, has the power to control all images and projectionS) and Reverb (unpredictable superhero with enormous power to control sounds). Spectrum's superheroes fight Crash - the evil enemy who tries to control the world - and to hinder the show. The Showgirl production combines modern choreography, vocal performances, costumes, innovative video- and light effects.
- Music Hall (2-deck high live entertainment venue)
- Two70 Lounge (3-deck high relaxation lounge) features interactive floor-ceiling windows, a 6-person troupe (providing live entertainment), Vistarama media projection technology (transforming lounge's wall-to-wall windows into a 135x22 ft / 41x7 m tall screen), Roboscreens (mobile screens "dancing" in synchrony with the music), special visual effects. Exclusively for Spectrum OTS' Two70 Lounge, RCI developed "The Silk Road" production. This show is themed on the world's diverse cultures and music of the countries along the Silk Road (a network of ancient trade routes connecting Asia with Europe). This original RCI production is combined with lounge's signature technologies Vistarama and Roboscreens. At Two70 is also held the "Expedition Two70" (reality gaming) featuring scenes like fantasy-type temples and ruins.
- Photo Gallery and Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Concierge Club and Lounge (suite- and past guests only); Golden Room / Card Room
- Bionic Bar, NorthStar Bar, Schooner Bar (piano bar); Sky Bar; Vintages Wine Bar
- Royal Esplanade (an area between the boutique shops and restaurants on decks 4 and 5; part of it is "The Via" with the Vintages wine bar, Port Merchants and Jamie's)
- Casino Royale; Casino VIP
- Star Moment (Karaoke Room for private parties and singalongs)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks speciality coffee)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
- Focus (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults-only pool deck); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family and kids area; Kung Fu Panda
- North Star; FlowRider (surf simulator); RipCord by iFly; Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall
- Sky Pad topdeck aft-located bungee trampoline with optional virtual reality gaming headsets.
- "Battle for Planet Z" (laser tag course at Studio B) allows two 8-person teams to fight against each other to claim the galaxy's last planet.
SeaPlex (the largest sports complex at sea) offers roller skating, bumper cars, a circus school, a full-sized sports court (for American basketball), table tennis, fencing, archery. Spectrum OTS' SeaPlex has the fleet's first reality walls and flooring for interactive experiences. Outside the SeaPlex (on the exterior deck near the rock-climbing wall) will be positioned a large-size (33 ft / 10 m tall) animal statue (yet to be revealed).
Spectrum Of The Seas itinerary program is based on Asian cruises leaving from China (homeports Hong Kong and Shanghai). The inaugural cruise (16-night Suez Canal repositioning itinerary) was from Barcelona to Dubai (departure on April 18, 2019). The second repositioning cruise segment was from Dubai to Singapore (14-night, themed "Spice Route Cruise", departure May 4).
The combined maiden voyage (51-day "Global Odyssey" Barcelona to Shanghai) visited ports in 13 countries. The relocation cruise was available for booking in 5 segments. Cruises from Shanghai visit ports in Japan, Philippines and Far East Russia (Vladivostok). From Hong Kong and Shanghai are offered also mini cruises (4-day, one-port itineraries) to Vietnam (Danang) and to Japan (Naha or Kagoshima).
From homeport Singapore, Spectrum OTS offered three itineraries - 3-day to Port Klang/Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (May 18 roundtrip), 4-day to Penang Malaysia (May 21 roundtrip) and 9-day repositioning Singapore-Shanghai (May 25) visiting Vietnam (Saigon, Nha Trang) and Hong Kong (overnight).
From homeport Shanghai, Spectrum OTS offers 4 roundtrip itineraries:
- 7-day "Best Of Japan" (Kobe, Yokohama)
- 5-day "Kagoshima and Okinawa" (Kagoshima, Naha)
- 4-day "Best Of Okinawa" (to Naha)
- 4-day "Best Of Kagoshima" (to Kagoshima)
In summer 2020, the liner visits Tokyo Japan (with overnight stays) docking at the port's new cruise terminal Shinkyaku Pier. Tokyo is included in two special voyages with planned departures on July 25 (out of Shanghai) and August 2 (out of Tokyo). For 2021 were scheduled 30 departures from Shanghai (4-5-7-night roundtrips).
From Hong Kong, Spectrum OTS offers 3 roundtrip itineraries:
- 7-day "Japan and Philippines" (Naha, Salomague Island, Luzon Island/Subic Bay)
- 5-day "Best Of Vietnam" (Da Nang, Nha Trang)
- 4-day "Best Of Chan May" (to Da Nang, Vietnam)
Following the Coronavirus crisis, in 2021 Spectrum OTS had to restart with cruises to nowhere from Hong Kong (July through November). The ship's "nowhere cruise" schedule included the following itineraries (all without call ports) and departure dates:
- 2-night (July 30, Sept 5, 17)
- 3-night (Aug 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept 2, 7, 10, 23, 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 11, 18, 25)
- 4-night (Aug 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Sept 13, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov 7, 14, 21, 28)
- Booking requirements for these voyages included: Hong Kong residents only, no Interior cabins (Oceanview and above categories only), passengers 16+ years old to be fully vaccinated (with the 2nd dose received at least 14 days prior boarding) and providing a negative PCR test (within 48 hours prior boarding). Hong Kong Tourism Board's regulations also required operations at 50% of the boat's max passenger capacity.
However, on June 30th RCI postponed the program and rescheduled the voyages for September.
Spectrum Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Spectrum Of The SeasAdd Photo
Spectrum Of The Seas ship related cruise news
Hong Kong announced a 2-week ban on incoming flights from 8 countries, including the United States and Britain. It also tightened restrictions on...January 5, 2022
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean’s Spectrum of the Seas is currently getting ready to restart sailings once again from Hong Kong after the liner was forced...November 11, 2021
RCI-Royal Caribbean canceled Spectrum of the Seas ship's "Ocean Getaway" (cruise to nowhere scheduled for October 21, 2021, from Hong Kong) after...October 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International announced that Spectrum of the Seas would sail a series of 3- to 9-night roundtrip itineraries from homeport...September 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean announced it is postponing Spectrum of the Seas ship's Cruises to Nowhere from Hong Kong. The ship was scheduled to start...July 1, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International revealed plans to restart its Spectrum of the Seas ship with "portless voyages" out of Hong Kong this summer. Hong...May 27, 2021
RCG-Royal Caribbean Group announced they are extending the suspension of certain sailings for their cruise lines. The following schedule reflects...March 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Two new 2022 itineraries have been officially released by RCI-Royal Caribbean International. These are Quantum of the Seas' relocation voyages...January 30, 2021
The RCG-Royal Caribbean Group-owned companies RCI-Royal Caribbean International, Azamara Cruises and Celebrity Cruises cancelled all cruises through...January 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Sister companies RCI-Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises further cancelled sailings through February 28, 2021. In a statement on its...December 3, 2020
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Spectrum Of The Seas Wiki
On August 16, 2017, was held the steel-cutting ceremony, marking the official start of the vessel's construction. On November 8, 2017, was the vessel's keel-laying ceremony held at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg Germany. Traditionally, newly-minted lucky coins were placed under the hull's first building block (out of all 74 blocks). All these mega-blocks (hull and superstructure) are constructed and pre-assembled at Neptun Werft Shipyard (Rostock Germany), then loaded (via hydraulics) onto pontoons and shipped down Ems River to the shipyard in Papenburg.
Spectrum OTS is the first "Quantum-Ultra" class liner specifically designed for operations in Asia (China and Asia-Pacific regions). As of 2017, RCI had 6 ships on order (under construction). The vessel's launch (float-out from drydock) was on February 25, 2019. Then it was berthed at the shipyard's outfitting pier to receive the funnel and North Star structure. The conveyance through Ems River to North Seas (for sea trials) was in March. Following the float-out of Spectrum OTS, into the covered building dock N2 was maneuvered back the hull of Norwegian Encore (NCL).
Spectrum OTS' conveyance from Papenburg Shipyard to Eemshaven Holland (down Ems River) was scheduled for March 19, 2019 (starting at 6 pm) and ending on March 21. Followed sea trials (in the North Sea) to check the vessel's technical equipment and navigation capabilities. Following the sea trials, the ship arrived in Bremerhaven Germany. Next is listed the conveyance schedule:
- March 19 - 6:30 pm (waiting in Papenburg), 7 pm (passing Dockschleuse (shipyard's river lock)
- March 20 - 1:30 am (passing Weener Bridge), 6 am (passing Jann-Berghaus-Bridge / Leer), 10:15 am (arriving in Emsperrwerk shipyard), 11: 45 am (passing Emsperrwerk), 1:15 pm (passing Emden Germany)
Meyer Werft officially delivered Spectrum OTS to RCI on April 11, 2019. The ceremony (held at Bremerhaven Shipyard) was attended by Richard Fain (RCCL's Chairman and CEO), Michael Bayley (RCI's President and CEO) and Bernard Meyer (Meyer Werft's owner). The ship's first Captain was Charles Teige (previously Master of Liberty OTS).
The liner's christening ceremony was held on June 3 (2019) in Shanghai China, after completing the 46-day relocation voyage from Europe (see below). The naming ceremony (held at Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal) also marked Royal Caribbean's 10th year in China. The event was attended by Michael Bayley (RCI's President and CEO), the couple Xiaoming Huang and Angelababy (godparents), Chinese celebrities.
On September 15, 2014, the shipowner RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd) trademarked the ship names Spectrum of the Seas, Joy of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Emblem of the Seas, Apex of the Seas. In 2015, RCCL abandoned the trademarks Emblem of the Seas, Passion of the Seas, Pulse of the Seas (on September 7) and the trademarks Apex of the Seas, Joy of the Seas, Spectrum of the Seas (on September 14).
On October 17, 2016, RCCL filed a trademark application with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the ship name "Icon of the Seas". RCI previously announced the order of two vessels for the new Icon-class of ships (LNG-powered, with fuel cell technology). The ship names "Apex of the Seas" (serial number 87507244) and "Joy of the Seas" (serial number 87507232) were trademarked on June 27, 2017. Both names were previously registered on September 14, 2014, but abandoned a year later (September 14, 2015).
On June 24, 2017, RCCL filed a trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the ship name "Spectrum of the Seas".
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2019
Next tables show the liner's maiden voyages (segments of the "Spice Route" repositioning cruise from Europe to China) with prices per person (cheapest double-occupancy Interior Cabin rates).
16-day Suez Canal repositioning from Barcelona to Dubai - prices started from USD 1050 pp. The boat's Suez Canal crossing fees were reportedly USD 964,000.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|20 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
|21 Apr 07:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|23 Apr 09:00 - 19:00||Piraeus-Athens, Greece|
|25 Apr 23:00 - 13:00||Suez Canal|
|27 Apr 08:00 - 20:00||Aqaba, Jordan|
|04 May||Arriving in Dubai, UAE|
13-day repositioning from Dubai to Singapore - prices from USD 1050 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 May||Departing from Dubai|
|06 May 09:00 - 17:00||Muscat, Oman|
|10 May 07:00 - 17:00||Cochin, India|
|16 May 07:00 - 17:00||Pulau Penang Island, Malaysia|
|17 May||Arriving in Singapore|
3-day Inaugural Asian cruise roundtrip from Singapore (themed "Tour Of Malaysia") - prices from USD 420 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 May||Departing from Singapore|
|19 May 10:00 - 19:00||Klang-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|21 May||Arriving in Singapore|
9-day repositioning from Singapore to Shanghai - prices from USD 1130 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|25 May||Departing from Singapore|
|27 May 07:00 - 19:00||Phu My-Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam|
|28 May 09:00 - 18:00||Nha Trang, Vietnam|
|30 May 09:00 - 15:00||Hong Kong, China|
|03 Jun||Arriving in Shanghai, China|
7-day Inaugural Japan cruise roundtrip from China (themed "Best Of Japan") - prices from USD 15000 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|06 Jun||Departing from Shanghai|
|08 Jun 13:00 - 15:00||Kobe-Osaka, Japan|
|10 Jun 11:00 - 23:00||Yokohama, Japan|
|13 Jun||Arriving in Shanghai|
8-day Inaugural Japan and Russia cruise from China - prices from USD 1300 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|06 Sep||Departing from Shanghai|
|09 Sep 05:00 - 21:00||Vladivostok, Russia|
|11 Sep 06:00 - 18:00||Maizuru, Japan|
|12 Sep 12:00 - 21:00||Hakata-Fukuoka City, Japan|
|14 Sep||Arriving in Shanghai|
4-day repositioning from Shanghai to Hong Kong - prices from USD 490 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Dec||Departing from Shanghai|
|16 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Naha, Japan|
|18 Dec||Arriving in Hong Kong|
4-day Inaugural cruise roundtrip from Hong Kong (themed "Best Of Chan May") prices from USD 720 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Dec||Departing from Hong Kong|
|20 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||DaNang, Vietnam|
|22 Dec||Arriving in Hong Kong|