Carnival Cruise Line fleet
Review of Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Lines is a cruise line based in Doral, Florida (suburb of Miami in the U.S.). This American owned line was originally an independent company founded by Ted Arison in 1972. The initial public offering of 20% common stock in 1987, provided capital which allowed the beginning of expansion. Today, it is one of the ten cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. Carnival Cruise Lines has the largest fleet in the whole group, with 24 ships currently in operation, accounting for 21% of the worldwide market share. Company's executive control is provided by the North American division of Carnival Corp.
Carnival is the pioneer in the concept of less expensive, shorter cruises. Its vessels are known for their Las Vegas-style entertainment and decor. Carnival Cruise Lines calls its ships "The Fun Ships", as there are a wealth of activities featured on board. Line's trademark is the red, white and blue funnel, which is shaped like the tail of a whale. Fun Ship Freddy is the mascot for Carnival, a character in the shape of the distinctive funnel.
In 1996 the 101,000-GT Carnival Destiny became the biggest passenger ship in the world and the first to weigh over 100,000 tons.
On October 26, 2012 it was announced that Carnival Corporation had ordered a brand new cruise ship for the Carnival Cruise Lines brand. The ship was to be built by Fincantieri and expected to be the largest they had ever created. It was also planned to be the first of a new class of ships with a 4,000-passenger capacity and a gross tonnage of 135,000. The new ship will be named Carnival Vista and is scheduled for delivery in 2016 spring, nearly 4 years after the Breeze entered service.
Carnival Corporation & plc is an American-British cruise company, the largest cruise ship operator in the world, with a combined fleet of more than 100 ships across 10 cruise line brands, with the new "fathom" brand advertised for launch in 2016. Carnival is a dual listed company, composed of two parties, Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc, combined as one entity, despite their separate listings, respectively on the New York and London stock exchanges. As such, Carnival Corporation & plc is the only company in the world listed on both the FTSE 100 and S&P 500 indices. Carnival group has its global headquarters in Doral, FL in the United States and Southampton in the United Kingdom, with regional headquarters in the UK, Germany, Italy, Australia and United States.
Carnival Corp. & plc was formed in 2003, with the merger of P&O Princess Cruises plc and Carnival Corporation. In 1972 the Corporation was originally established as Carnival Cruise Lines. The company had a steady growth throughout the 70s and 80s, making an initial public offering in 1987 on the New York Stock Exchange. The capital generated was used for financing acquisitions, and between 1989 and 1999, the Carnival company acquired Windstar Cruises, Holland America Line, Westours, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line and Seabourn Cruise Line. In 1993 the "Carnival Corporation" name was adopted in order to distinguish the parent company from the flagship line subsidiary.
Prior to the merger, P&O Princess Cruises had agreed on a merger with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. However, there was a decision to abandon the deal after Carnival Corp. made a new bid featuring improved terms for British shareholders. P&O Princess Cruises plc remained as a listed on the London Stock Exchange separate company, retaining its management team and British shareholder body. The company was renamed Carnival plc, with operations of the two parties merged into one entity. Carnival Corp. and Carnival plc, jointly own all Carnival group's operating companies.
Carnival Group – Carnival Corporation's lines
The list of Carnival Group cruise brands (Carnival Corporation & PLC lines and subsidiary companies) includes P&O, Cunard, Princess, Seabourn,P&O Australia, Holland America Line (HAL), Carnival Cruises (CCL), AIDA (Kreuzfahrten) and Costa (Crociere).
Carnival Group companies list
- Carnival UK Group
Carnival group includes the following seven cruise lines: AIDA (Germany) and Costa (Italy); Carnival Cruises (United States); Cunard (United Kingdom); Holland America Line (United States); P&O Cruises (United Kingdom); P&O Cruises Australia (Australia); Princess Cruises (United States); Seabourn Cruise Line (United States). They offer tradition of excellence and quality which distinguishes the group and gives leader position in cruising. Company website - carnivalukgroup.com
- Princess Cruises
The American-style sister of P&O Cruises, sharing a commitment to provide stylish sea ship vacation experience and first-class service. The dress code is more informal and relaxed. Company website – princess.com
- Carnival Corporation & plc
Founded in 2002- merger of P&O Princess and Carnival Corp. Headquarters of Carnival Corporation: Doral, Florida, US; Carnival plc: Southampton, England, UK. Carnival Corporation & plc is the world’s largest cruise ship company. It is British-American company, comprising Carnival plc and Oriental Steam Company of 19th century. The company is one of the world’s oldest cruise ship operators, as P&O’s first passenger ship was introduced in 1844.
Carnival Corporation & plc has headquarters at Carnival Place in Miami suburbs of Doral, Florida, USA and at Carnival House, Southampton, Hampshire, England. The corporation and plc are separate companies with different shareholder bodies. Jointly they own the operating companies in group- Carnival Corp.- the majority stake.
It was agreed in 2002, that P&O Princess would remain a separate company, relisted as Carnival plc in London, with predominantly British shareholder body, retaining P&O Princess executive team. Carnival Corporation & plc comprises 11 cruise line brands, which operate combined fleet of about 100 ships, with about 190,000 berths and new ships on order.
The executive control is directed by geographical location, as Carnival UK controls operations in the UK (operations of Cunard Line, P&O (UK and AU), Princess); Carnival Corporation controls the operations in North America; Costa Cruises Group controls operations in rest of Europe. The combined brands of Carnival Corp in 2011 controlled a 49.2% share of the world cruise market.
The first acquisition in 1989 of Holland America Line, including Windstar Cruises and Holland America Tours, was followed in 1992 by Seabourn Cruise Line. Note: Windstar was sold to Xanterra Parks and Resorts (the US largest park management company) in 2011.
In 1993 changed name to Carnival Corporation, continuing to expand into cruise travel industry, acquisitioning in 1998 Cunard and Costa in 2000. Company website - phx.corporate-ir.net
- Costa Cruises Group
Being within the largest cruise operators in Europe, as part of Carnival Corporation & plc, Costa Cruises became one of primary companies in the group, mainly responsible Europe operations. It controls AIDA Cruises in Germany, Costa Cruises (Costa Crociere) in Italy and Ibero Cruises (iberoCruceros) in Spain (new cruise brand, created in 2007 by Carnival Corp). Company website - costacruise.com
- Carnival PLC
Holding company of Carnival Group, formed after the merger of P&O Princess Cruises and Carnival Corporation in 2003. P&O Princess remained a separate company, predominantly British owned and retaining P&O Princess executive staff. Soon after that, P&O Princess was re-listed as Carnival plc (associated with Carnival UK operations), and responsible for Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises and Holland America Line.
As result of a merger between P&O Princess and Carnival Corp, in 2002 was formed Carnival UK. At that time P&O Princess operated in the UK as the largest ship operator and owned AIDA Cruises brands; Ocean Village; Princess Cruises; P&O Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia. P&O demerged cruise ship operations on the 23rd of October 2000, forming P&O Princess Cruises plc. The new company became the largest cruise operator in the UK. In 2002 P&O Princess Cruises plc announced the Ocean Village brand, commencing operations in May 2003. After that, the company had agreed to merged with Carnival Corporation. P&O Princess Cruises plc was then re-registered as Carnival plc.
- Carnival UK
Primary operating of Carnival plc, one of major operating companies in Carnival Group. Consisting of former P&O Princess brands, with executive control of Cunard line and P&O Cruises. Sharing facilities and departmental areas with UK operations of Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Yachts of Seabourn. Carnival’s base is in purpose-built headquarters at Carnival House, Southampton, England. The company Carnival Corp & plc also has offices in UK for other operating bodies.
Carnival UK is a trade mark and a business name of the Carnival PLC and a separate company incorporated in UK (registered in London, England). Its office address is “5 Gainsford Str, London SE1 2NE”. Company website - carnivalukgroup.com
- Carnival Australia
A branch of Carnival PLC, with control of P&O Australia brand, responsible for operations of Carnival Corporation & PLC ships in South Pacific and Australia regions. Company website - carnivalaustralia.com
Carnival Cruise Lines boasts top-notch technologies, innovative construction methods and ship designs. Its clientele consists mostly of Americans, 30% of which are under 35, 40% - between 35-55, and 30% over 55.
The line offers spacious public spaces and staterooms that are one of the largest at sea with a huge variety of stateroom types in several categories. Between the high quality amenities are Carnival's terry robes and “Comfort Bed” sleep system with deluxe mattresses, linens, duvets and pillows - Suite guests can even choose from a “pillow menu”.
Carnival is famous for its great cuisine and multiple dining options. The long list of dining venues includes the Main Dining Rooms (with 5-course meals), Chef’s Table (ship tour & gourmet cuisine), Supper Club with steakhouse favorites (reservations-only), BlueIguana Cantina (Mexican), Sushi Bar, European-style Patisseries and Cafes, Poolside Bars, themed Kids Dining, Midnight Buffets, 24-hour Pizza and Room Service.
The cruise ships of Carnival Cruise Lines provide a variety of onboard activities - from napkin-folding classes, Vegas-style revues and gourmet & kitchen tours to cool deck parties, belly-flop pool competitions and waterslide races. Among the “cruising experience” upgrades is the vacation guarantee program allowing travelers who are unhappy with their cruise to get a 110% refund and disembark at the first port of the itinerary. The main facilities include Seaside Theatre (outdoors), Thrill Theatre (3D), Disco/Nightclub, Casino (gambling, tournaments), Stage Shows, Playlist productions, Hasbro Game Show, Carnival Waterworks (aqua park).
For those who love sports, Carnival has done a great job by creating the SportSquare with ropes SkyCourse and Basketball Court, also used also for Soccer and Volleyball. Foosball and Ping-Pong tables are available, as well as a Walking/Jogging track and Fitness Center with a separate room for Yoga, Aerobics and Pilates classes. There is also a Mini-Golf course and great golf cruise packages created for keen golfers.
Carnival caters for families with amazing kids programs. Kids club activities by “Camp Ocean” kids program feature “Dr Seuss at Sea” entertainment programming. At the same time moms and dads are able to unwind in the many relaxation lounges and complexes: Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, Serenity Adult Retreat, themed Bars (RedFrog, BlueIguana, Alchemy, Havana, Sports), big-size Swimming Pools and Whirlpools.
Carnival Cruise Lines has been spending a lot on fleet refurbishments and upgrades since 2007. The initiative “Evolutions of Fun” cost US$350 million on eight Fantasy-class cruise ships and included new deck spaces, kids facilities, “WaterWorks” aqua park with water-slides. The “Fun Ship 2.0”, launched in 2011, cost US$500 million and featured new dining venues; transforming cabins; themed bars, lounges and clubs. The biggest part of the program was the transformation of Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine in 2013 at the staggering US$155 million for a 49-day drydock refurbishment.
At the following link you can compare Carnival’s major rival – Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (ships list, and review of RCCL cruise experience).
Itinerary of Carnival Cruise Line
Follows a review of Carnival Cruise Lines itinerary program for 2016-2017-2018 scheduled itineraries. For sailing dates (departures, arrivals), ports of call times and Carnival cruise prices per person follow the ship pages listed below.
- Carnival Breeze (home-ports Miami FL, Galveston TX) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten), Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico) and Southern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba). REPOSITIONING: In May 2016, the ship starts departures out of Galveston Texas to Bahamas (Key West FL, Nassau, Freeport) and Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Mexico - Cozumel and Costa Maya).
- Carnival Conquest (home-port Fort Lauderdale FL) operates on itineraries to Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Dominican Republic), Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Roatan Honduras), Eastern Caribbean (St Maarten, St Kitts, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman) and Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Dream (home-port New Orleans Louisiana) operates on 7-day round-trips to Bahamas (Key West, Freeport, Nassau), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan Honduras) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel).
- Carnival Ecstasy (home-ports Miami FL, Charleston SC) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico) and Bahamas (3-day to Nassau). REPOSITIONING: In February 2016, the ship starts departures out of Charleston to Bahamas (4- and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Elation (home-port New Orleans LA, Jacksonville FL) operates on cruises to Western Caribbean from New Orleans (4-day to Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso). REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, the ship starts departures out of Jacksonville to Bahamas (4- and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Fantasy (home-ports Charleston SC, Miami Florida, Mobile Alabama) operates on Bahamas cruises out of Charleston (4-day Nassau, 5-day Nassau and Freeport). REPOSITIONING: In February 2016, the ship starts departures from Miami to Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico) and to Bahamas (3-day Nassau, 5-day Nassau and Freeport). REPOSITIONING: In November 2016, the ship starts departures from Mobile AL to Mexico (4-day Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso).
- Carnival Fascination (home-port Jacksonville FL) operates on cruises to Bahamas - 4-and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport and Half Moon Cay. REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, the ship starts departures out of San Juan Puerto Rico and Bridgetown Barbados - 7-day to Eastern Caribbean (St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas).
- Carnival Freedom (home-port Galveston Texas) operates on 7-day round-trips to bahamas-Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, Freeport, Key West Florida) and Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan).
- Carnival Glory (home-port Miami Florida) operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico) and Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean (Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk). The ship also offers trips to Southern Caribbean (St Croix, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao).
- Carnival Imagination (home-port Long Beach California) operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada (4-day).
- Carnival Inspiration (home-port Long Beach California) operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and also to Santa Catalina and Ensenada (4-day).
- Carnival Legend (home-ports Sydney Australia, Seattle WA) operates on round-trips to South Pacific Islands (New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji). REPOSITIONING (through Hawaii): During summer, Carnival Legend operates on Alaskan cruises out of Seattle.
- Carnival Liberty (home-ports San Juan Puerto Rico, Bridgetown Barbados) operates on 7-day round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas). REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, Carnival Liberty starts departures pout of Galveston TX to Mexico - 4-day Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso.
- Carnival Magic (home-ports Galveston Texas, Port Canaveral FL) operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) and Bahamas (Key West FL, Nassau, Freeport). REPOSITIONING: Carnival Magic will be sent to Port Canaveral Florida in October 2016 for cruises to Eastern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk) and Western Caribbean (Costa Maya Mexico, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel). In 2017-2018 week-long Carnival Magic voyages from Port Canaveral.
- Carnival Miracle (home-port Long Beach CA) operates on 7-day round-trips to Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta). Plans for REPOSITIONING: Carnival Miracle to be sent to China in early 2018 to offer Asia cruises were later changed - the ship will continue sailing from North America in 2018.
- Carnival Paradise (home-port Tampa Florida) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean - 4-day to Cozumel Mexico, and 5-day to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
- Carnival Pride (home-port Baltimore MD) operates on round-trips to Florida-Bahamas (Port Canaveral, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk), and occasionally out of Tampa to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico). Panama Canal experiences from Baltimore January 2017 and from Tampa February 2017.
- Carnival Sensation (home-ports Florida - Port Canaveral, Miami) operates on round-trips to Bahamas (3-day Nassau, 4-day Nassau and Freeport, 5-day with Half Moon Cay), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Key West FL) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic).
- Carnival Spirit (home-port Sydney Australia) operates on round-trips to Melbourne, Queensland, New Zealand, South Pacific Islands (Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu) and also on Cruises to Nowhere (out of Sydney AU). Carnival Spirit will be deployed to China for Australian winter season in 2018 after a scheduled dry dock in Singapore.
- Carnival Splendor (home-port Miami Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Dominican Republic) and Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman). REPOSITIONING: Carnival Splendor will be sent to China in spring 2019 to offer Asia cruises.
- Carnival Sunshine (home-ports Port Canaveral Florida, Charleston SC, Norfolk VA, NYC New York) operates on round-trips to Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay), Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic), Canada New England (Saint John, Halifax, Boston), Bermuda, and also on Cruises to Nowhere (out of New York and Norfolk).
- Carnival Triumph (home-ports Galveston TX, New Orleans LA) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean - 5-day Mexico (Cozumel, Progreso) and 4-day Mexico (Cozumel). In 2017-2018 4- and 5-day Carnival Triumph sailings from New Orleans.
- Carnival Valor (home-port Port Canaveral Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk), Western Caribbean (Belize, Roatan, Mexico /Cozumel, Costa Maya) and Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk).
- Carnival Victory (home-ports Port Canaveral Florida, San Juan Puerto Rico) operates on round-trips to Bermuda and Southern Caribbean (St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten); 2017-2018 cruises out of Miami.
- Carnival Vista (home-port Miami Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten), Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and Southern Caribbean ((Dominican Republic, Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba).
Carnival Cruise Line successfully tested out its Carnival Journeys sailings - longer voyages of 9 to 15 nights. Now, the line has added 22 new Journeys to its itineraries through 2017. Carnival Journeys were first introduced in late 2015. 28 in number, they offered much more in-depth port experiences than Carnival's shorter voyages.
The new 2016-2017 itineraries call on the Panama Canal, Caribbean and Hawaii. While onboard, guests can enjoy live cultural entertainment and culinary surprises that highlight native cuisine. Below are the sailings available for 2016 and 2017:
- Feb 2, 2016 GLORY - 11-days from San Juan to Miami
- Feb 21, 2016 SUNSHINE - 13-days round-trip from Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL
- Mar 6, 2016 LIBERTY - 12-days from San Juan to Galveston, TX
- Mar 13, 2016 PRIDE - 14-days round-trip from Baltimore, MD
- Apr 2, 2016 ELATION - 11-days from New Orleans to San Juan
- Apr 13, 2016 ELATION - 10-days from San Juan to Jacksonville, FL
- Apr 29, 2016 SUNSHINE - 9-days round-trip from Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL
- May 5, 2016 LEGEND - 11-days from Honolulu to Vancouver, BC
- May 26, 2016 SPLENDOR - 9-days round-trip from Miami, FL
- May 30, 2016 SUNSHINE - 10-days round-trip from Charleston, SC
- Aug 25, 2016 SUNSHINE - 9-days round-trip from New York, NY
- Sep 13, 2016 LEGEND - 10-days from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu
- Oct 15, 2016 MIRACLE - 15-days round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA
- Nov 5, 2016 VISTA - 11-days round-trip from New York, NY
- Nov 16, 2016 VISTA - 11-days from New York to Miami, FL
- Nov 26, 2016 MIRACLE - 15-days round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA
- Jan 2, 2017 PRIDE - 13-days from Baltimore, MD to Tampa, FL
- Jan 14, 2017 MIRACLE - 15-days round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA
- Feb 26, 2017 PRIDE - 14-days from Tampa, FL to Baltimore, MD
- Apr 19, 2017 LEGEND - 11-days from Honolulu to Vancouver, BC
- May 15, 2017 SUNSHINE - 10-days round-trip from Charleston, SC
- Sep 12, 2017 LEGEND - 10-days from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu.
In February 2016, Carnival Cruise Line opened reservations for its fleet through April 2018, with more than 3,500 sailings of 2 to 19 days offered across its 24 cruise ships, as well as the brand new Carnival Vista set to debut on May 1 in Europe. The voyages will explore more than 70 destinations throughout Alaska, Hawaii, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean and other popular regions. Cruises depart from around 20 North American homeports, which provides consumers with cost-effective means for getting to/from their cruise.
Among the wide variety of offers are more than 2,500 cruises of up to 5 days, providing Carnival guests with an array of options in short cruise market, including new 4- and 5-day deployments for Carnival Valor from Port Canaveral and Carnival Victory from Miami, providing an unparalelled number of balcony staterooms on the two popular routes. There are 22 longer Carnival Journeys as well, visiting exotic ports of call and 13 Bermuda cruises departing from 7 East Coast homeports. Carnival will also offer 2 unique Panama Canal experiences aboard Carnival Pride from Baltimore January 2017 and from Tampa February 2017. Also open for reservations are a number of new homeport deployments, including 7-day Carnival Breeze departures out of Galveston, week-long Carnival Magic voyages from Port Canaveral, and 4- and 5-day Carnival Triumph sailings from New Orleans.
In the end of February 2016, Carnival Cruise Line revised its entry into the Chinese market to early 2018, not as originally outlined, spring 2017. In October 2015, the line announced Carnival Miracle would start China operations in 2017 spring, followed by Splendor in 2018. However, following a recent review of their fleetwide deployment plans and the best formula to balance capacity needs, Carnival have decided to enter the China market in early 2018. Carnival Miracle will continue to operate Hawaii and Mexican Riviera cruises throughout 2017. The ship will reposition to China in early 2018. Carnival Splendor is next, a year later. Both ships are planned for whole-year sailings in China. Carnival Cruise Line will be establishing operations in the country in partnership with Costa Asia, sister company which has been in China for the past 9 years.
Carnival Cruise Itinerary Change Policy
Changes in itineraries prior to departure
- If Carnival Cruise company has adequate notice prior to voyage that a ship will deviate from her published itinerary, the line will promptly notify guests (upon making itinerary changes) of the rotation directly (in the case of direct booking) or through travel agents.
- If the change in itinerary is for reasons within the exclusive control of Carnival, passengers will have opportunity to cancel booking without penalty within 24 hours of notification and prior to sailing. In such an instance, travelers will have an option to receive future cruise credit or cash refund. If a guest doesn’t cancel a cruise on timely basis, no refund will be available.
- Due to the cruise vacations’ nature, itinerary changes may become necessary for weather, safety, or other reasons beyond Carnival’s control. If the changes in itinerary are for reasons beyond the exclusive control of Carnival, including weather, tides, safety, security, strikes, civil unrest, hostilities, emergency debarkations, port closings, mechanical breakdowns, late sea, air, car or motorcoach arrivals or departures, or problems not known to the company, changes in itinerary consistent with the U.S. State Department travel warnings or other applicable U.S./foreign governmental advisories, passengers won’t be provided any compensations. Guests who elect to cancel will be subject to Carnival’s standard cancellation terms – if a voyage is cancelled, passengers will have an option to receive future cruise credit or cash refund.
Itinerary changes after departure
- When an itinerary change becomes inevitable while the vessel is at sea or when notice prior to voyage is not feasible, the line will try to substitute alternative port. Carnival may, for any purpose and in their discretion, deviate for any purpose or in any direction from the usual or direct course, and change or omit all or any ports of call, departure or arrival times, with or without notice. All such deviations have to be considered as included in and part of the proposed cruise. In such circumstances, Carnival line shall not have liability for any refund.
Refunds and compensation
Taxes, fees or port expenses’ refund for the cancelled port is provided via shipboard credit, if a port is cancelled from scheduled itinerary.
Carnival Cruise Line shall not be liable to passengers for any expenses, fees or charges, owed or paid to third parties, (for example, air travels booked directly with the airlines), in connection with cancelled cruises or itinerary changes for any reason. Vacation Guarantee, where it applies on cruises, shall not be affected by nothing of the listed above.