Carnival Cruise Line fleet
Review of Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Lines is a cruise line based in Doral, Florida (suburb of Miami in the U.S.). This American owned line was originally an independent company founded by Ted Arison in 1972. The initial public offering of 20% common stock in 1987, provided capital which allowed the beginning of expansion. Today, it is one of the ten cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. Carnival Cruise Lines has the largest fleet in the whole group, with 24 ships currently in operation, accounting for 21% of the worldwide market share. Company's executive control is provided by the North American division of Carnival Corp.
Carnival is the pioneer in the concept of less expensive, shorter cruises. Its vessels are known for their Las Vegas-style entertainment and decor. Carnival Cruise Lines calls its ships "The Fun Ships", as there are a wealth of activities featured on board. Line's trademark is the red, white and blue funnel, which is shaped like the tail of a whale. Fun Ship Freddy is the mascot for Carnival, a character in the shape of the distinctive funnel.
In 1996 the 101,000-GT Carnival Destiny became the biggest passenger ship in the world and the first to weigh over 100,000 tons.
On October 26, 2012 it was announced that Carnival Corporation had ordered a brand new cruise ship for the Carnival Cruise Lines brand. The ship was to be built by Fincantieri and expected to be the largest they had ever created. It was also planned to be the first of a new class of ships with a 4,000-passenger capacity and a gross tonnage of 135,000. The new ship will be named Carnival Vista and is scheduled for delivery in 2016 spring, nearly 4 years after the Breeze entered service.
Carnival Corporation & plc is an American-British cruise company, the largest cruise ship operator in the world, with a combined fleet of more than 100 ships across 10 cruise line brands, with the new "fathom" brand advertised for launch in 2016. Carnival is a dual listed company, composed of two parties, Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc, combined as one entity, despite their separate listings, respectively on the New York and London stock exchanges. As such, Carnival Corporation & plc is the only company in the world listed on both the FTSE 100 and S&P 500 indices. Carnival group has its global headquarters in Doral, FL in the United States and Southampton in the United Kingdom, with regional headquarters in the UK, Germany, Italy, Australia and United States.
Carnival Corp. & plc was formed in 2003, with the merger of P&O Princess Cruises plc and Carnival Corporation. In 1972 the Corporation was originally established as Carnival Cruise Lines. The company had a steady growth throughout the 70s and 80s, making an initial public offering in 1987 on the New York Stock Exchange. The capital generated was used for financing acquisitions, and between 1989 and 1999, the Carnival company acquired Windstar Cruises, Holland America Line, Westours, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line and Seabourn Cruise Line. In 1993 the "Carnival Corporation" name was adopted in order to distinguish the parent company from the flagship line subsidiary.
Prior to the merger, P&O Princess Cruises had agreed on a merger with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. However, there was a decision to abandon the deal after Carnival Corp. made a new bid featuring improved terms for British shareholders. P&O Princess Cruises plc remained as a listed on the London Stock Exchange separate company, retaining its management team and British shareholder body. The company was renamed Carnival plc, with operations of the two parties merged into one entity. Carnival Corp. and Carnival plc, jointly own all Carnival group's operating companies.
Carnival Group – Carnival Corporation's lines
The list of Carnival Group cruise brands (Carnival Corporation & PLC lines and subsidiary companies) includes P&O, Cunard, Princess, Seabourn,P&O Australia, Holland America Line (HAL), Carnival Cruises (CCL), AIDA (Kreuzfahrten) and Costa (Crociere).
Carnival Group companies list
- Carnival UK Group
Carnival group includes the following seven cruise lines: AIDA (Germany) and Costa (Italy); Carnival Cruises (United States); Cunard (United Kingdom); Holland America Line (United States); P&O Cruises (United Kingdom); P&O Cruises Australia (Australia); Princess Cruises (United States); Seabourn Cruise Line (United States). They offer tradition of excellence and quality which distinguishes the group and gives leader position in cruising. Company website - carnivalukgroup.com
- Princess Cruises
The American-style sister of P&O Cruises, sharing a commitment to provide stylish sea ship vacation experience and first-class service. The dress code is more informal and relaxed. Company website – princess.com
- Carnival Corporation & plc
Founded in 2002- merger of P&O Princess and Carnival Corp. Headquarters of Carnival Corporation: Doral, Florida, US; Carnival plc: Southampton, England, UK. Carnival Corporation & plc is the world’s largest cruise ship company. It is British-American company, comprising Carnival plc and Oriental Steam Company of 19th century. The company is one of the world’s oldest cruise ship operators, as P&O’s first passenger ship was introduced in 1844.
Carnival Corporation & plc has headquarters at Carnival Place in Miami suburbs of Doral, Florida, USA and at Carnival House, Southampton, Hampshire, England. The corporation and plc are separate companies with different shareholder bodies. Jointly they own the operating companies in group- Carnival Corp.- the majority stake.
It was agreed in 2002, that P&O Princess would remain a separate company, relisted as Carnival plc in London, with predominantly British shareholder body, retaining P&O Princess executive team. Carnival Corporation & plc comprises 11 cruise line brands, which operate combined fleet of about 100 ships, with about 190,000 berths and new ships on order.
The executive control is directed by geographical location, as Carnival UK controls operations in the UK (operations of Cunard Line, P&O (UK and AU), Princess); Carnival Corporation controls the operations in North America; Costa Cruises Group controls operations in rest of Europe. The combined brands of Carnival Corp in 2011 controlled a 49.2% share of the world cruise market.
The first acquisition in 1989 of Holland America Line, including Windstar Cruises and Holland America Tours, was followed in 1992 by Seabourn Cruise Line. Note: Windstar was sold to Xanterra Parks and Resorts (the US largest park management company) in 2011.
In 1993 changed name to Carnival Corporation, continuing to expand into cruise travel industry, acquisitioning in 1998 Cunard and Costa in 2000. Company website - phx.corporate-ir.net
- Costa Cruises Group
Being within the largest cruise operators in Europe, as part of Carnival Corporation & plc, Costa Cruises became one of primary companies in the group, mainly responsible Europe operations. It controls AIDA Cruises in Germany, Costa Cruises (Costa Crociere) in Italy and Ibero Cruises (iberoCruceros) in Spain (new cruise brand, created in 2007 by Carnival Corp). Company website - costacruise.com
- Carnival PLC
Holding company of Carnival Group, formed after the merger of P&O Princess Cruises and Carnival Corporation in 2003. P&O Princess remained a separate company, predominantly British owned and retaining P&O Princess executive staff. Soon after that, P&O Princess was re-listed as Carnival plc (associated with Carnival UK operations), and responsible for Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises and Holland America Line.
As result of a merger between P&O Princess and Carnival Corp, in 2002 was formed Carnival UK. At that time P&O Princess operated in the UK as the largest ship operator and owned AIDA Cruises brands; Ocean Village; Princess Cruises; P&O Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia. P&O demerged cruise ship operations on the 23rd of October 2000, forming P&O Princess Cruises plc. The new company became the largest cruise operator in the UK. In 2002 P&O Princess Cruises plc announced the Ocean Village brand, commencing operations in May 2003. After that, the company had agreed to merged with Carnival Corporation. P&O Princess Cruises plc was then re-registered as Carnival plc.
- Carnival UK
Primary operating of Carnival plc, one of major operating companies in Carnival Group. Consisting of former P&O Princess brands, with executive control of Cunard line and P&O Cruises. Sharing facilities and departmental areas with UK operations of Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Yachts of Seabourn. Carnival’s base is in purpose-built headquarters at Carnival House, Southampton, England. The company Carnival Corp & plc also has offices in UK for other operating bodies.
Carnival UK is a trade mark and a business name of the Carnival PLC and a separate company incorporated in UK (registered in London, England). Its office address is “5 Gainsford Str, London SE1 2NE”. Company website - carnivalukgroup.com
- Carnival Australia
A branch of Carnival PLC, with control of P&O Australia brand, responsible for operations of Carnival Corporation & PLC ships in South Pacific and Australia regions. Company website - carnivalaustralia.com
Carnival Cruise Lines boasts top-notch technologies, innovative construction methods and ship designs. Its clientele consists mostly of Americans, 30% of which are under 35, 40% - between 35-55, and 30% over 55.
The line offers spacious public spaces and staterooms that are one of the largest at sea with a huge variety of stateroom types in several categories. Between the high quality amenities are Carnival's terry robes and “Comfort Bed” sleep system with deluxe mattresses, linens, duvets and pillows - Suite guests can even choose from a “pillow menu”.
Carnival is famous for its great cuisine and multiple dining options. The long list of dining venues includes the Main Dining Rooms (with 5-course meals), Chef’s Table (ship tour & gourmet cuisine), Supper Club with steakhouse favorites (reservations-only), BlueIguana Cantina (Mexican), Sushi Bar, European-style Patisseries and Cafes, Poolside Bars, themed Kids Dining, Midnight Buffets, 24-hour Pizza and Room Service.
The cruise ships of Carnival Cruise Lines provide a variety of onboard activities - from napkin-folding classes, Vegas-style revues and gourmet & kitchen tours to cool deck parties, belly-flop pool competitions and waterslide races. Among the “cruising experience” upgrades is the vacation guarantee program allowing travelers who are unhappy with their cruise to get a 110% refund and disembark at the first port of the itinerary. The main facilities include Seaside Theatre (outdoors), Thrill Theatre (3D), Disco/Nightclub, Casino (gambling, tournaments), Stage Shows, Playlist productions, Hasbro Game Show, Carnival Waterworks (aqua park).
For those who love sports, Carnival has done a great job by creating the SportSquare with ropes SkyCourse and Basketball Court, also used also for Soccer and Volleyball. Foosball and Ping-Pong tables are available, as well as a Walking/Jogging track and Fitness Center with a separate room for Yoga, Aerobics and Pilates classes. There is also a Mini-Golf course and great golf cruise packages created for keen golfers.
Carnival caters for families with amazing kids programs. Kids club activities by “Camp Ocean” kids program feature “Dr Seuss at Sea” entertainment programming. At the same time moms and dads are able to unwind in the many relaxation lounges and complexes: Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, Serenity Adult Retreat, themed Bars (RedFrog, BlueIguana, Alchemy, Havana, Sports), big-size Swimming Pools and Whirlpools.
Carnival Cruise Lines has been spending a lot on fleet refurbishments and upgrades since 2007. The initiative “Evolutions of Fun” cost US$350 million on eight Fantasy-class cruise ships and included new deck spaces, kids facilities, “WaterWorks” aqua park with water-slides. The “Fun Ship 2.0”, launched in 2011, cost US$500 million and featured new dining venues; transforming cabins; themed bars, lounges and clubs. The biggest part of the program was the transformation of Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine in 2013 at the staggering US$155 million for a 49-day drydock refurbishment.
At the following link you can compare Carnival’s major rival – Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (ships list, and review of the RCCL onboard experience).
Itinerary of Carnival Cruise Line
The 2016-2017-2018 program offers over 3500 itineraries raging in length from 2 to 19-nights (on 24 ships, including the new Vista ship debuting May 1, 2016). Of those, over 2500 itineraries are bookable as short cruise deals (duration between 2 and 5 days). These include departures from Miami (Victory) and Port Canaveral (Valor) with 4- and 5-day Bahamas itineraries.
- The program offers over 70 destinations around the world and departures from nearly 20 different home-ports in North America.
- There are a total of 22 "Carnival Journeys" itineraries (longer in length) plus 13 "Bermuda" cruises leaving out of USA East Coast ports.
- There are 2 Carnival Panama Canal cruises (with partial transition) on Carnival Pride (out of Baltimore, Jan 2017) and out of Tampa (Feb 2017).
- New deployments for 2018 (departure ports) are the Carnival Breeze 7-day cruises from Galveston TX, Carnival Magic 7-day cruises from Port Canaveral, and Carnival Triumph 4- and 4-day Mexico cruises from NOLA (New Orleans).
- New Carnival Cozumel excursions (by the Cozumel Plus" program) offer longer land tour experiences. Cozumel Mexico is included as port of call in over 750 Western Caribbean cruise itineraries. The land tour programming includes snorkeling (Xel-Ha Park), "Secret River" (caverns exploration), Mayan ruins (Chichen Itza). Tours as length vary from 4 to 8 hours, and feature new local tour operator partnerships. Accordingly, Carnival ships will offer extended port stays to accommodate the longer excursions. The new itineraries are marked at the line's website as "Cozumel Plus".
- In July 2016, Carnival Cruise Line implemented the "staggered check-in embarkation" on all Ecstasy and Sunshine ships cruises (leaving out of Charleston SC, effective since July 9) and on all Pride ship cruises (out of Baltimore MD, effective since July 10). By the new embarkation procedure, all passengers are given pre-assigned ship boarding times. The new process was first tested in Galveston TX (in 2015's end) and was rolled out in Honolulu HI, Miami FL, New Orleans LA and Norfolk VA.
Follows a review of Carnival Cruise Lines itinerary program for 2016-2017-2018 scheduled itineraries. For sailing dates (departures, arrivals), ports of call times and Carnival cruise prices per person follow the ship pages listed below.
- Carnival Breeze (home-ports Miami FL, Galveston TX) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten), Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico) and Southern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba). REPOSITIONING: In May 2016, the ship starts departures out of Galveston Texas to Bahamas (Key West FL, Nassau, Freeport) and Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Mexico - Cozumel and Costa Maya).
- Carnival Conquest (home-port Fort Lauderdale FL) operates on itineraries to Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Dominican Republic), Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Roatan Honduras), Eastern Caribbean (St Maarten, St Kitts, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Grand Cayman) and Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Dream (home-port New Orleans Louisiana) operates on 7-day round-trips to Bahamas (Key West, Freeport, Nassau), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan Honduras) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel).
- Carnival Ecstasy (home-ports Miami FL, Charleston SC) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico) and Bahamas (3-day to Nassau). REPOSITIONING: In February 2016, the ship starts departures out of Charleston to Bahamas (4- and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Elation (home-port New Orleans LA, Jacksonville FL) operates on cruises to Western Caribbean from New Orleans (4-day to Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso). REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, the ship starts departures out of Jacksonville to Bahamas (4- and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay).
- Carnival Fantasy (home-ports Charleston SC, Miami Florida, Mobile Alabama) operates on Bahamas cruises out of Charleston (4-day Nassau, 5-day Nassau and Freeport). REPOSITIONING: In February 2016, the ship starts departures from Miami to Western Caribbean (Key West FL, Cozumel Mexico) and to Bahamas (3-day Nassau, 5-day Nassau and Freeport). REPOSITIONING: In November 2016, the ship starts departures from Mobile AL to Mexico (4-day Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso).
- Carnival Fascination (home-port Jacksonville FL) operates on cruises to Bahamas - 4-and 5-day to Nassau, Freeport and Half Moon Cay. REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, the ship starts departures out of San Juan Puerto Rico and Bridgetown Barbados - 7-day to Eastern Caribbean (St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas).
- Carnival Freedom (home-port Galveston Texas) operates on 7-day round-trips to bahamas-Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, Freeport, Key West Florida) and Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan).
- Carnival Glory (home-port Miami Florida) operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico) and Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean (Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk). The ship also offers trips to Southern Caribbean (St Croix, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao).
- Carnival Imagination (home-port Long Beach California) operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada (4-day).
- Carnival Inspiration (home-port Long Beach California) operates on Baja cruises to Ensenada Mexico (3-day) and also to Santa Catalina and Ensenada (4-day).
- Carnival Legend (home-ports Sydney Australia, Seattle WA) operates on round-trips to South Pacific Islands (New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji). REPOSITIONING (through Hawaii): During summer, Carnival Legend operates on Alaskan cruises out of Seattle. In 2018 Carnival Legend will be homeported in Melbourne.
- Carnival Liberty (home-ports San Juan Puerto Rico, Bridgetown Barbados) operates on 7-day round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten, St Thomas). REPOSITIONING: In April 2016, Carnival Liberty starts departures pout of Galveston TX to Mexico - 4-day Cozumel, 5-day Cozumel and Progreso.
- Carnival Magic (home-ports Galveston Texas, Port Canaveral FL) operates on 7-day round-trips to Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) and Bahamas (Key West FL, Nassau, Freeport). REPOSITIONING: Carnival Magic will be sent to Port Canaveral Florida in October 2016 for cruises to Eastern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk) and Western Caribbean (Costa Maya Mexico, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel). In 2017-2018 week-long Carnival Magic voyages from Port Canaveral.
- Carnival Miracle (home-port Long Beach CA) operates on 7-day round-trips to Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta). Plans for REPOSITIONING: Carnival Miracle to be sent to China in early 2018 to offer Asia cruises were later changed - the ship will continue sailing from North America in 2018. The Miracle ship will sail on 7-day Caribbean cruises from Tampa.
- Carnival Paradise (home-port Tampa Florida) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean - 4-day to Cozumel Mexico, and 5-day to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
- Carnival Pride (home-port Baltimore MD) operates on round-trips to Florida-Bahamas (Port Canaveral, Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk), and occasionally out of Tampa to Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Cozumel Mexico). Panama Canal experiences from Baltimore January 2017 and from Tampa February 2017.
- Carnival Sensation (home-ports Florida - Port Canaveral, Miami) operates on round-trips to Bahamas (3-day Nassau, 4-day Nassau and Freeport, 5-day with Half Moon Cay), Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Key West FL) and Eastern Caribbean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic).
- Carnival Spirit (home-port Sydney Australia) operates on round-trips to Melbourne, Queensland, New Zealand, South Pacific Islands (Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu) and also on Cruises to Nowhere (out of Sydney AU). Carnival Spirit will not be deployed to China (as it was announced) for Australian winter season in 2018 after a scheduled dry dock in Singapore. The ship will instead stay in Sydney.
- Carnival Splendor (home-port Miami Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Dominican Republic) and Western Caribbean (Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman). In 2018 Splendor will sail on seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises from Long Beach. REPOSITIONING: Carnival Splendor will be sent to China in spring 2019 to offer Asia cruises.
- Carnival Sunshine (home-ports Port Canaveral Florida, Charleston SC, Norfolk VA, NYC New York) operates on round-trips to Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, Half Moon Cay), Eastern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic), Canada New England (Saint John, Halifax, Boston), Bermuda, and also on Cruises to Nowhere (out of New York and Norfolk).
- Carnival Triumph (home-ports Galveston TX, New Orleans LA) operates on round-trips to Western Caribbean - 5-day Mexico (Cozumel, Progreso) and 4-day Mexico (Cozumel). In 2017-2018 4- and 5-day Carnival Triumph sailings from New Orleans.
- Carnival Valor (home-port Port Canaveral Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Dominican Republic, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk), Western Caribbean (Belize, Roatan, Mexico /Cozumel, Costa Maya) and Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk).
- Carnival Victory (home-ports Port Canaveral Florida, San Juan Puerto Rico) operates on round-trips to Bermuda and Southern Caribbean (St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten); 2017-2018 cruises out of Miami.
- Carnival Vista (home-port Miami Florida) operates on round-trips to Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Maarten), Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and Southern Caribbean ((Dominican Republic, Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba).
- Note: Carnival established cruise ship operations in China via a partnership with its local subsidiary company Costa Asia. Costa has been in China since 2008.
Carnival cruise itinerary changes
- During winter 2017-2018 season, Carnival Spirit will be repositioned to China to offer Asia cruises round-trip from Shanghai (home-port). The seasonal redeployment is due to a scheduled drydock refurbishment in Singapore. Spirit has been homeported in Sydney Australia since 2012 performing strongly on the local market. The decision makes Spirit the first ever Carnival cruise ship departing from China. The ship will return to Australia in spring 2018 to continue the previous year-round itinerary program from Sydney. The other Carnival Asia ship is Carnival Splendor (to be repositioned in spring 2018).
- In 2018, Carnival Legend will be home-ported in Melbourne Australia (for the period February-March 2018). During that time, the ship will offer a total of 6 round-trip itineraries - three 3-night "Cruise to Nowhere" short breaks, one 4-night cruise to Tasmania, one 10-night to South Pacific islands and one 11-night around New Zealand.
- Carnival will operate cruises in Europe (starting in 2018) with the line's newest Vista-class ship (still unnamed). The new vessel, which is currently under construction in Italy, is of the same design as the new Carnival Vista.
Carnival Journeys cruise itineraries 2016-2017
Since 2015, Carnival Cruise Line offers the so called "Carnival Journeys" itineraries. These are longer than usual sailings with length ranging between 9 and 15 nights and some of them are one-ways (relocation cruises). "Carnival Journeys" offer more in-depth port of call experiences than the shorter itineraries of 7-8 nights. Among the highlights are live entertainment and exotic culinary experiences that reflect the local cuisine and cultural traditions. The onboard "journey" experiences feature local cuisine specialties served in the Main Dining Room, cooking demonstration, Academy of Fun (expert lectures), traditional dance performances, themed deck parties, crew connections (opportunities to connect with the ship's staff and crew). The new 2016-2017 Carnival itinerary program "Carnival Journeys" to feature destinations, such as Hawaii, Caribbean, Panama Canal. Follows the list (updated) of such voyages and the ships on which they can be booked:
- Oct 15, 2016 - MIRACLE - 15-days Alaska round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA
- Nov 5, 2016 - VISTA - 11-days round-trip from NYC New York
- Nov 16, 2016 - VISTA - 11-days repositioning from New York to Miami FL
- Nov 26, 2016 - MIRACLE - 15-days round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA
- Jan 2, 2017 - PRIDE - 13-days repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa FL
- Jan 14, 2017 - MIRACLE - 15-days round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA
- Feb 26, 2017 - PRIDE - 14-days repositioning from Tampa to Baltimore MD
- Apr 19, 2017 - LEGEND - 11-days Alaska repositioning from Honolulu to Vancouver BC
- May 15, 2017 - SUNSHINE - 10-days round-trip from Charleston SC
- Sept 2, 2017 - MIRACLE - 14-days Alaska round-trip from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA. This is the Carnival's ever first Alaskan itinerary including the Icy Strait Point. It also features a full-day passing through Glacier Bay. The list of onboard activities includes Alaska-themed cultural and culinary events and themed seminars (photography, arts, crafts, cooking, celestial navigation). The list of Alaskan shore excursion includes hiking, sea kayaking, canoeing, helicopter flightseeing tours, lake snorkeling.
- Sept 12, 2017 - LEGEND - 10-days Alaska repositioning from Vancouver to Honolulu Hawaii
- Oct 28, 2017 - FREEDOM - 14-days partial Panama Canal transit roundtrip from Galveston TX
- Nov 5, 2017 - ECSTASY - 10-days Caribbean roundtrip from Charleston SC
- Dec 4, 2017 - PARADISE - 10-days partial Panama Canal transit roundtrip from Tampa FL
In February 2016, Carnival Cruise Line opened reservations for its fleet through April 2018, with more than 3,500 sailings of 2 to 19 days offered across its 24 cruise ships, as well as the brand new Carnival Vista set to debut on May 1 in Europe. The voyages will explore more than 70 destinations throughout Alaska, Hawaii, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean and other popular regions. Cruises depart from around 20 North American homeports, which provides consumers with cost-effective means for getting to/from their cruise.
Among the wide variety of offers are more than 2,500 cruises of up to 5 days, providing Carnival guests with an array of options in short cruise market, including new 4- and 5-day deployments for Carnival Valor from Port Canaveral and Carnival Victory from Miami, providing an unparalelled number of balcony staterooms on the two popular routes. There are 22 longer Carnival Journeys as well, visiting exotic ports of call and 13 Bermuda cruises departing from 7 East Coast homeports. Carnival will also offer 2 unique Panama Canal experiences aboard Carnival Pride from Baltimore January 2017 and from Tampa February 2017. Also open for reservations are a number of new homeport deployments, including 7-day Carnival Breeze departures out of Galveston, week-long Carnival Magic voyages from Port Canaveral, and 4- and 5-day Carnival Triumph sailings from New Orleans.
In the end of February 2016, Carnival Cruise Line revised its entry into the Chinese market to early 2018, not as originally outlined, spring 2017. In October 2015, the line announced Carnival Miracle would start China operations in 2017 spring, followed by Splendor in 2018. However, following a recent review of their fleetwide deployment plans and the best formula to balance capacity needs, Carnival have decided to enter the China market in early 2018. Carnival Miracle will continue to operate Hawaii and Mexican Riviera cruises throughout 2017. The ship will reposition to China in early 2018. Carnival Splendor is next, a year later. Both ships are planned for whole-year sailings in China. Carnival Cruise Line will be establishing operations in the country in partnership with Costa Asia, sister company which has been in China for the past 9 years.
Carnival fathom cruises to Cuba from Miami
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba in 2016-2017-2018 includes:
- Carnival-fathom (ship MV Adonia, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami Florida)
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- Oceania Cruises (ships Marina and Regatta) starting in 2017, Cuba circumnavigation, stops in Cienfuegos and Havana, also part of some Panama Canal transition itineraries.
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Celestyal Cruises (ship Celestyal Crystal, leaving from Havana and Montego Bay Jamaica)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
As a promotion offer,, in early June 2016 the Carnival Fathom cruise line announced “inaugural season fares” on itineraries to Dominican Republic. Promo prices start at USD 499 PP (inside cabin), which is down from USD 974. Pricing doesn't include Gov taxes and port fees. Another offered discount is for 3rd and 4th passengers sailing at 50% off (double occupancy cabin rates). Oceanview cabin rates start from USD 599 pp; balcony cabins - from USD 699 pp, suites - from USD 2499 pp. Prices are inclusive of all onboard meals and social impact immersion activities, plus 3 on-land social impact activities and their supplies.
- Fathom cruise booking requires a fully refundable deposit (USD 300 pp) for all cabin grades, with final payment due 90 days prior departure.
- The Carnival Fathom line, besides Dominican Republic, also offers 7-day itineraries to Cuba with prices starting from USD 1899 pp (Inside cabin) with taxes, fees and Cuban visas not included in the fares. All bookings require a fully refundable deposit (USD 600 pp) for all cabin grades, with final payment due 90 days prior departure.
In the end of September 2016 the Carnival fathom cruise line added 3 new excursions to all 7-day Cuba cruises:
- walking tour (price USD 59 pp) visits Earnest Hemingway’s home, along with popular watering holes and hangouts. This shore excursion is inclusive of lunch and throughout the day refreshments.
- (Havana) countryside tour (price USD 69 pp) explores the capital's outside communities and includes lunch (at a Las Terraza restaurant) and throughout the day refreshments.
- Santiago de Cuba tour (price USD 69 pp) includes visits to Jose Marti’s home and grave, as well as a Sierra Maestra mountain excursion.
- Adonia's travelers stay almost 4 full days on land (in the cities of Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba). All shore excursions also provide the opportunities to individually explore sites, also stops along the way to enjoy the authentic cuisine and the Cuban rum and coffee. There are also fathom-approved "People to People" land activities, including around Havana tours in a mint-condition classic US car, Cuban rum sampling, tropical Cabaret visits, authentic dining in local restaurants.
Carnival Cruise Itinerary Change Policy
Changes in itineraries prior to departure
- If Carnival Cruise company has adequate notice prior to voyage that a ship will deviate from her published itinerary, the line will promptly notify guests (upon making itinerary changes) of the rotation directly (in the case of direct booking) or through travel agents.
- If the change in itinerary is for reasons within the exclusive control of Carnival, passengers will have opportunity to cancel booking without penalty within 24 hours of notification and prior to sailing. In such an instance, travelers will have an option to receive future cruise credit or cash refund. If a guest doesn’t cancel a cruise on timely basis, no refund will be available.
- Due to the cruise vacations’ nature, itinerary changes may become necessary for weather, safety, or other reasons beyond Carnival’s control. If the changes in itinerary are for reasons beyond the exclusive control of Carnival, including weather, tides, safety, security, strikes, civil unrest, hostilities, emergency debarkations, port closings, mechanical breakdowns, late sea, air, car or motorcoach arrivals or departures, or problems not known to the company, changes in itinerary consistent with the U.S. State Department travel warnings or other applicable U.S./foreign governmental advisories, passengers won’t be provided any compensations. Guests who elect to cancel will be subject to Carnival’s standard cancellation terms – if a voyage is cancelled, passengers will have an option to receive future cruise credit or cash refund.
Itinerary changes after departure
- When an itinerary change becomes inevitable while the vessel is at sea or when notice prior to voyage is not feasible, the line will try to substitute alternative port. Carnival may, for any purpose and in their discretion, deviate for any purpose or in any direction from the usual or direct course, and change or omit all or any ports of call, departure or arrival times, with or without notice. All such deviations have to be considered as included in and part of the proposed cruise. In such circumstances, Carnival line shall not have liability for any refund.
Refunds and compensation
Taxes, fees or port expenses’ refund for the cancelled port is provided via shipboard credit, if a port is cancelled from scheduled itinerary.
Carnival Cruise Line shall not be liable to passengers for any expenses, fees or charges, owed or paid to third parties, (for example, air travels booked directly with the airlines), in connection with cancelled cruises or itinerary changes for any reason. Vacation Guarantee, where it applies on cruises, shall not be affected by nothing of the listed above.
Carnival Cruise Line related cruise news
Carnival announced they were allowing travel agents to book sailings out of Mobile into April 2019. “We’ve had some pre-interest in...December 5, 2016
A troubling accident on Carnival cruise ship from Galveston was caught on camera. In a video sent to KPRC-TV (News 6 sister station), a...December 2, 2016
The give-back trips aboard Fathom, the cruise brand that Carnival Corporation launched last April will end in summer 2017. That is not to...November 30, 2016
PortMiami welcomed Carnival's newest, largest and most innovative cruise ship, Carnival Vista, when she arrived on Sunday, November 27, to...November 29, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line awarded US$15,000 in cash prizes to 3 travel agencies as part of line’s “Ultimate Cruise Night” event...November 29, 2016
The world's largest ATM owner and operator, Cardtronics, announced expanded ATM services relationship with a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc...November 25, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line joined Amazon to offer a pre–Black Friday deal on bookings through Amazon.com. The first 1,150 clients who click...November 22, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line revealed new kids activities, games, theme parties and entertainment are coming to Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit over the...November 21, 2016
Two families said their cruises were ruined by nightmares at stores advertised by the cruise lines. The stores promised astonishing deals on jewels...November 21, 2016
Travel editors at US News & World Report created a guide to the best cruise lines for vacationers with different needs. In the category of the...November 17, 2016