Viking Astrild Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Astrild
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||49 - 98|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Christened by||Sinemie Bakker|
Review of Viking Astrild
The Viking Astrild boat cruises on Elbe River in Germany and Czech Republic.
Discover the loveliness of former East Germany on a 10-day Elbe River cruise on board the brand new 2015 Viking Astrild. Stroll through the palaces and gardens of the Saxon monarchs and sail between the cliffs of “Saxon Switzerland” in Germany. The voyage is bookended by nights in the beautiful Prague and multicultural Berlin.
Viking Astrild hosts just 98 guests in only 49 staterooms. She is a sister ship to Viking Beyla, built specifically to navigate Elbe River. The Astrild ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Choose from various classes of staterooms with upscale amenities. Veranda Suites provide two full rooms, a private veranda and French balcony, spacious closets, hotel-style beds, and 42-inch flat TVs. Viking Longships feature public spaces all in light, with innovative details such as the Aquavit Terrace at the bow of ship suitable for al-fresco dining and Astrild Observation Lounge with its beautiful glass doors, floor-to-ceiling.
Our Viking Astrild river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Astrild cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Viking Astrild itineraries offer Elbe River cruises in Europe. The itinerary theme is "ELEGANT ELBE". Follows the list of ports and tours along the Astrild's itinerary route:
- "ELEGANT ELBE" are 10-day cruises from Berlin to Prague, and the reverse from Prague to Berlin, with 1-night Berlin hotel (day 1), bus transfer to Potsdam and Magdeburg (day 2, embarkation).
- Day 3 - tour to Dessau, arrival in Wittenberg
- Day 4 - tour in Wittenberg, arrival in Torgau
- Day 5 - arrival in Meissen (before noon) and in Dresden (evening)
- Day 6 - tour in Dresden (overnight dock stay)
- Day 7 - Saxon Switzerland, docks in Bad Schandau.
- Day 8 - arrival in Litomerice (Czech Republic), farewell formal dinner on the boat.
- Day 9 - disembarkation in Melnik, bus transfer to Prague (included city tour and 1-night Prague hotel package), with an optional offer for 2 more hotel nights in Prague.
- Deals on departures from Czech Republic are inclusive of 1-night luxury Prague hotel package. On Day 2 is the organized city tour (Old Town guided walk), Hradcany, Prague Castle, city lunch. Follows bus transfer to the Viking Astrild boat in Melnik (embarkation, welcome aboard cocktail and dinner on the ship).
- After Magdeburg disembarkation (Day 9) follows bus travel to Potsdam (Sanssouci Palace tour, New Chambers, free time) and transfer to Berlin, with 1-night Berlin hotel package included in the fares. There is an optional package for 2 more nights in Berlin.
Viking Astrild wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 49 (of which 2 Suite, 19 Balcony, 14 French Balconies, 14 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Astrild (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Astrild Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, Deck Chess, Shaffleboard). The Astrild longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Astrild cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Astrild boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Astrild is one of the two latest generation Viking Cruises longships specifically modified for cruising on Elbe River. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. While the Viking Astrild ship does not have pool, sauna or spa, her guests can enjoy luxury wellness facilities in all the port cities along the Astrild's Elbe river cruise itinerary.
- The other Viking cruise ships on Elbe River are Fontane and Schumann, and the longship Beyla.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - AA (x2, deck2)
- Balcony Staterooms (on deck2)- A (x11), B (x8)
- French Balcony Staterooms (on deck2, with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5), D (x9)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x14, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Astrild Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Astrild cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.