Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Dawn current position
Current itinerary of Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn current cruise is 11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland. Prices start from USD 749 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 24 Sep, 2023 and ends on 05 Oct, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 Sep 17:00||Departing from Southampton, England hotels|
|26 Sep 07:00 - 18:00||Leith-Edinburgh, Newhaven-Rosyth-Queensferry, Scotland|
|27 Sep 07:00 - 18:00||Invergordon, Scotland|
|28 Sep 06:00 - 14:00||Kirkwall, Orkney Island Scotland|
|29 Sep 12:00 - 20:00||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|30 Sep 07:00 - 19:00||Dublin, Ireland|
|02 Oct 11:00 - 19:00||Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland|
|03 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium|
|04 Oct 06:00 - 20:00||Le Havre-Paris, France|
|05 Oct 05:00||Arriving in Southampton, England hotels|
Specifications of Norwegian Dawn
|Year of build||2002 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 km/h / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||38 m / 125 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||92250 gt|
|Passengers||2340 - 2808|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Christened by||Kim Cattrall|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(NCL) Norwegian Cruise Line|
Norwegian Dawn Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Aug 24||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$599|
|2023 Sep 03||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Amsterdam||Southampton||$649|
|2023 Sep 14||10 days, round-trip British Isles England, Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$749|
|2023 Sep 24||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$749|
|2023 Oct 05||9 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$729|
|2023 Oct 14||9 days, one-way from Southampton to Lisbon||Southampton||$579|
|2023 Oct 23||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$999|
|2023 Nov 04||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Trieste||Barcelona||$549|
|2023 Nov 14||10 days, one-way from Trieste to Istanbul||Trieste||$649|
|2023 Nov 24||19 days, one-way from Istanbul to Dubai||Istanbul||$1419|
|2023 Dec 13||7 days, one-way from Dubai to Doha Qatar||Dubai||$349|
|2023 Dec 20||7 days, one-way from Doha Qatar to Dubai||Doha Qatar||$350|
|2023 Dec 27||7 days, one-way from Dubai to Doha Qatar||Dubai||$519|
|2024 Jan 03||17 days, one-way from Doha Qatar to Port Louis||Doha Qatar||$3049|
|2024 Jan 20||12 days, one-way from Port Louis to Cape Town||Port Louis||$1599|
|2024 Feb 01||12 days, round-trip South Africa Port Elizabeth, Durban Luumlderitz||Cape Town||$1149|
|2024 Feb 13||12 days, one-way from Cape Town to Port Louis||Cape Town||$1429|
|2024 Feb 25||12 days, one-way from Port Louis to Cape Town||Port Louis||$1429|
|2024 Mar 08||12 days, round-trip South Africa Port Elizabeth, Durban Luumlderitz||Cape Town||$1199|
|2024 Mar 20||21 days, one-way from Cape Town to Barcelona||Cape Town||$4749|
|2024 Apr 26||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$949|
|2024 May 06||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$1099|
|2024 May 24||12 days, one-way from Le Havre-Paris to Stockholm||Le Havre-Paris||$2229|
|2024 Jun 05||11 days, one-way from Stockholm to Oslo||Stockholm||$2139|
|2024 Jun 16||10 days, one-way from Oslo to Southampton||Oslo||$1579|
|2024 Jun 26||10 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1899|
|2024 Jul 06||9 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$1449|
|2024 Jul 15||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$1699|
|2024 Jul 25||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1799|
|2024 Aug 05||10 days, round-trip British Isles England, Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1599|
|2024 Aug 15||11 days, round-trip British Isles England, Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1579|
|2024 Aug 26||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$1429|
|2024 Sep 05||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$1759|
|2024 Sep 15||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Le Havre-Paris||Stockholm||$1999|
|2024 Sep 27||10 days, one-way from Le Havre-Paris to Barcelona||Le Havre-Paris||$1199|
|2024 Oct 07||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Trieste||Barcelona||$1199|
|2024 Oct 17||10 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens||Trieste||$1099|
|2024 Oct 27||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Haifa||Piraeus-Athens||$1279|
|2024 Nov 06||16 days, one-way from Haifa to Dubai||Haifa||$1999|
|2024 Nov 22||16 days, one-way from Dubai to Port Louis||Dubai||$2399|
|2024 Dec 08||14 days, one-way from Port Louis to Doha Qatar||Port Louis||$1799|
|2024 Dec 22||14 days, one-way from Doha Qatar to Port Louis||Doha Qatar||$2199|
|2025 Jan 05||12 days, one-way from Port Louis to Cape Town||Port Louis||$1849|
|2025 Jan 17||12 days, one-way from Cape Town to Port Louis||Cape Town||$1999|
|2025 Jan 29||14 days, one-way from Port Louis to Doha Qatar||Port Louis||$2099|
|2025 Feb 12||17 days, one-way from Doha Qatar to Port Louis||Doha Qatar||$2849|
|2025 Mar 01||11 days, one-way from Port Louis to Cape Town||Port Louis||$1749|
|2025 Apr 10||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Trieste||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1699|
|2025 Apr 22||11 days, one-way from Trieste to Civitavecchia-Rome||Trieste||$1599|
|2025 May 03||13 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Le Havre-Paris||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1899|
|2025 May 16||12 days, one-way from Le Havre-Paris to Stockholm||Le Havre-Paris||$1999|
|2025 May 28||9 days, one-way from Stockholm to Oslo||Stockholm||$1549|
|2025 Jun 06||10 days, one-way from Oslo to Stockholm||Oslo||$1699|
|2025 Jun 16||11 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$1849|
|2025 Jun 27||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$1949|
|2025 Jul 08||10 days, round-trip Ireland Belfast, Dublin, Cork Galway||Southampton||$1849|
|2025 Jul 18||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$2079|
|2025 Jul 29||10 days, round-trip Ireland Belfast, Dublin, Cork Galway||Southampton||$1749|
|2025 Aug 08||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1799|
|2025 Aug 19||10 days, round-trip British Isles England, Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1699|
|2025 Aug 29||11 days, round-trip British Isles Ireland Scotland||Southampton||$1749|
|2025 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Southampton to Oslo||Southampton||$1549|
|2025 Sep 19||11 days, one-way from Oslo to Stockholm||Oslo||$1699|
|2025 Sep 30||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Le Havre-Paris||Stockholm||$1799|
|2025 Oct 12||9 days, one-way from Le Havre-Paris to Lisbon||Le Havre-Paris||$1299|
|2025 Oct 21||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$1699|
Norwegian Dawn Review
Review of Norwegian Dawn
The 2002-built Norwegian Dawn cruise ship is NCL's second Dawn-class liner - together with Norwegian Star.
History - construction and ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is a subsidiary company of the shipping corporation Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd (NCLH). NCL was founded in 1966, headquartered in Miami (Florida USA) and publicly traded (NASDAQ) company listed on NYSE (NYC). NCLH's major shareholders are the corporations Apollo Global Management (American), Genting Group (Malaysian) and TPG Capital (American). In 2017, the brand NCL had a worldwide cruise market share 8,7% (passengers) and 8,4% (revenue). NCLH (shipowner) owns the brands NCL, Oceania and RSSC-Regent.
The 2350-passenger ship Norwegian Dawn is the 3rd vessel in the Norwegian fleet to accommodate the line's Freestyle Cruising idea. The "Freestyle" design is not limited to dining but turns around the concept that customers have to choose. The dress code allows guests to wear what they want. In the middle of 2011, the cruise ship was refurbished and 50 more cabins were added, along with a new restaurant, the Brazilian Steakhouse. Some public points were rearranged like the gift shops, the art gallery and the atrium area. The place of the famous Spinnaker Lounge was changed, some public places were renovated. After these changes, 100 more places were added to the ship's capacity.
Generally, Norwegian Dawn is a vessel with a nice and calm atmosphere, planned to give everything to the passengers, plus first-time cruisers, wary of the traditional vacation at sea.
Decks and Cabins
Norwegian Dawn staterooms (1170 total, in 33 grades) include 173x Suites, 364x Balcony, 250x Oceanview and 383x Inside cabins. Most staterooms are sized 140-165 ft2 (13-15 m2). The largest accommodation is the 2-Bedroom Garden Villa (2285 ft2 / 212 m2, with a huge terrace of 3610 ft2 / 335 m2).
The boat has 14 decks, of which 11 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
In addition to the two main dining rooms, Norwegian Dawn features 10 distinct restaurants to choose from. Themes range from steaks and classic French bistro fare to Benihana-style Teppanyaki. Overall, the food is flavorful and even inventive. Service is excellent throughout, though it's not unusual to wait to receive your dessert during the busiest dinner hours (6:30 - 8:30 pm). Meals are cooked to order, so the food passengers receive is hot and fresh. Reservations for Dawn's speciality restaurants can be made only 24 hours in advance, so if you want to try one of the more popular spots, such as Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian-style steakhouse), Cagney's (American steakhouse), or Le Bistro (French), you should book as early as possible.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Dawn restaurants and food bars.
- Venetian Restaurant (476-seat aft Dining Room; complimentary; Freestyle dining)
- Aqua Restaurant (314-seat forward Dining Room, complimentary)
- Le Bistro (86-seat French speciality dinner-only restaurant; reservations-only; US$20 cover charge)
- La Cucina (186-seat Italian speciality restaurant; reservations-only, US$15 cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- Bamboo (98-seat Asian restaurant; complimentary)
- Sushi Bar (17-seat Bamboo restaurant); Sake Bar (8-seat, inside Bamboo)
- Teppanyaki (18-seat Japanese Hibachi speciality, reservations-only restaurant; US$25; open for Lunch and Dinner; features live cooking demonstrations)
- Moderno Churrascaria (146-seat Brazilian steakhouse; reservations-only; US$20 per person cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- Los Lobos Cantina (Mexican)
- Garden Cafe & Kid’s Cafe (426-seat indoor buffet restaurant, complimentary; with a special kids' dedicated area)
- Topsiders Bar & Grill (capacity 248-seat)
- O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill (pub, sports bar)
- Cagney’s Steakhouse (speciality dinner restaurant for prime steaks and gourmet seafood specialities; reservations-only, US$30 cover charge per person and free Kids Menu)
- Bimini Bar & Grill (135-seat outdoor snack bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While Norwegian Dawn provides the usual fare during days at sea, such as bingo, arts and crafts, art auctions, wellness seminars, the real highlights of entertainment are the nightly shows. The "main event" each evening is held in the Stardust Theater, which features everything - from Broadway-style song-and-dance acts to variety shows. The Stardust Theater spans Decks 5 through 7. It is designed in a European opera house style and is quite comfortable. The Dawn Club Casino is located along the corridor leading to the Stardust and offers the usual games and slot machines. The spa and sports facilities on Norwegian Dawn are open until 11 p.m. most nights, and there is an Internet cafe, as well. The ship has a total of 7 jacuzzis and 3 pools (kids' T-Rex Pool). Entertainment options also include the NCL's FIREWORKS show (on each voyage), "Rock of Ages", "Cirque Dreams", "Illusionarium" (magicians show).
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hr Room-Service, Supervised Kids Program ("NCL Kids"), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry. NCL Dawn tipping/gratuities are US$12 pp per day. Dawn cruise ship allows onboard weddings.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Dawn lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Stardust Theatre (1037-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand-shows per night)
- Aloha Atrium (2-deck midship hub area, hosts the 63-seat Aloha Bar)
- Gatsby’s Champagne Bar; Havana Club (smoking room); Wine Cellar; The Pearly Kings Pub (84-seat English pub); Java Cafe (57-seat coffee & tea bar); Internet Cafe; Star Bar
- Dawn Club Casino
- Spinnaker Lounge (457-seat aft Show Lounge & Nightclub); Bliss (observation)
- The Galleria Shops (tax-duty free shops); Port o’ Call (perfumes & cosmetics boutique); Photo Gallery & Shop
- Mandara Spa (beauty salon, treatment rooms); Lap Pool; Oasis Pool; T- Rex Kid’s Pool; El Dorado Fitness Centre; Jogging Track; Golf Nets; Combined sports court (basketball, volleyball, tennis)
- T- Rex Kid’s Centre; Video Zone.
Norwegian Dawn - user reviews and comments
Norwegian Dawn ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line celebrated a new milestone on January 26th, having successfully concluded its inaugural season sailing from Cape Town in...January 27, 2023
A cruise ship suspended its scheduled call at Taino Bay Port (Puerto Plata, Dominicana), on Sunday, December 25th. The reason for the cancelation is...December 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line marked the successful return of Norwegian Escape, the first liner of the brand's Breakaway-Plus class, to Europe. Back in...July 24, 2022
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line canceled more voyages in the Baltic due to the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. All Norwegian Getaway’s Baltic sailings...May 14, 2022
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced additional sailing cancellations on top of those announced last week. A total of 11x NCL ships are...January 12, 2022
Around 200 people gathered at Mallory Pier, Key West (Florida USA) Thursday morning, December 9) to watch the NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line ship...December 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Norwegian Dawn became the 10th ship in the NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line fleet to resume operations. The liner welcomed passengers back on December 8...December 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line on Sunday, July 25, officially restarted passenger shipping operations. Norwegian Jade was not only the first of the 17...July 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line canceled more sailings on 5 of its ships as the company is working on a gradual return to service. Norwegian suspended...June 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line announced a further restart of sailings in Europe from the homeports of Barcelona, Spain, and Civitavecchia (Rome, Italy...April 29, 2021
- show more news
Other Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ships
Norwegian Dawn Wiki
NCL Dawn ship was intended to operate under the name "SuperStar Scorpio" with Star Cruises (GHK-owned Asian brand), but it was decided she would be delivered to NCL instead. Dawn is the first NCL ship to carry hull art. Dawn is the first Dawn-Class NCL ship, with only fleetmate-sistership Norwegian Star. The inaugural cruise was on December 7, 2002. The liner was christened in NYC. Vessel's godmother is Kim Cattrall (US actress).
Itineraries 2017-2018 changes
For the 2017-2018 season, NCL Dawn was repositioned from Port NOLA (New Orleans) to Tampa Florida. Next, the ship was homeported in San Juan Puerto Rico (Nov 12, 2017, through Jan 7, 2018) for 7-10-11-day Southern Caribbean roundtrips.
NCL Dawn refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deckplan changes after the ship's drydock 2016 refurbishment (May 8 to June 3, in Freeport Bahamas) includes:
- Major renovations were made to the ship’s Dawn Club Casino and Stardust Theater (both on Deck 6), Atrium lobby and Photo Gallery (both on Promenade Deck 7), Library (Lido Deck 12), the entire pool deck (Lido Deck 12), Entourage (teens club and video arcade on Deck 13).
- (Deck 6) the restaurants Le Bistro (French) and La Cucina (Italian) switched places. Both were updated with new carpeting, furniture, signage, new decorative lighting.
- (Deck 6) the ship’s main dining rooms (named “The Venetian” and “Aqua”) were extensively refurbished with new carpeting, wood flooring, wall coverings, artwork, ceiling finishes, lighting, signage. Their furniture was reupholstered.
- (Deck 6) Gatsby’s Champagne Bar received new flooring, furniture, artwork, decorative lighting, window treatments, new chandelier.
- (Deck 6) Havana Club (cigar bar) received new furniture, humidor, tile flooring, draperies.
- (Deck 7) Bamboo Asian Restaurant received new carpeting, wood flooring; lighting; furniture (tables, chairs, barstools), updated artwork. The Teppanyaki Room’s size was doubled, more tables were added, its flooring and decor were changed. A divider was built between the Teppanyaki Room and the Bamboo restaurant.
- (Deck 7) The Pearly Kings Pub (84 seats English pub) was replaced by The Cellars (wine bar, a partnership with the Michael Mondavi Family).
- (Deck 7) Spinnaker Lounge was renamed to Bliss Lounge, redesigned and refurbished with new carpeting and furniture.
- (Deck 7) Tides (new boutique jewelry store was added in the atrium lobby. The Ports O’ Call shop was renamed to Tradewinds.
- (Deck 8) The Blue Lagoon buffet restaurant was replaced by O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill. This is a big-sized lounge area with a 24-hour sports bar and pub with complimentary burgers, hotdogs, desserts.
- (Deck 8) To make space for the new O’Sheehan’s, the Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse restaurant) was relocated to deck 13, replacing there the Star Bar (88-seat cocktail bar). Moderno received new furniture, decor, wall coverings, window treatments, themed artwork.
- Mandara Spa (Deck 11) and Pulse Fitness Center (Deck 12) were both redesigned and updated. The Spa received new treatment rooms, barbershop, nail salon, Thermal Suite (with 8 heated loungers), spa pool.
- (Deck 12) the new a-la-carte priced Mexican restaurant was added – Los Lobos Cantina.
- General renovation of all public areas was also done, including new carpeting, all elevators, all public restrooms.
- (Deck 12) Garden Cafe (buffet restaurant) was redesigned and upgraded with new flooring, furniture, decorative lighting, artwork, wall finishes, signage.
- (Deck 13) Cagney’s Steakhouse was redesigned to become more spacious and received new furniture, artwork, decor, carpeting, lighting, wall finishes.
- (Deck 13) added Sugarcane Mojito Bar
All passenger cabins were refurbished with new carpeting, bedding, furniture, flat TVs, draperies, artwork. The Haven Garden Villas (suites on deck 14) received new flooring, bedding, furniture, lighting, ceilings, decor, 42-inch HDTVs. The hull was repainted.
Drydock 2016 was part of NCL's "Norwegian Edge" program for fleetwide upgrades (2-year project budgeted USD 400 million). Each drydock costs around USD 35-40 million.
NCL Dawn refurbishment 2011 review
The list of deckplan changes after the major drydock 2011 refit included:
- (Deck 12) the Cinema was converted to meeting rooms.
- (Deck 8 - new restaurants) Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse), Blue Lagoon (buffet)
- (Deck 7 - venues that were relocated and conversed into passenger rooms) Photo Gallery, Galleria Shops (Tax-Duty-Free), Spinnaker (observation lounge), the old card/conference rooms.
- (Deck 6 changes) “Impressions” (Italian restaurant) was renovated and renamed “La Cucina”.