Viking Gullveig Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Gullveig
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Hanh Haley|
Review of Viking Gullveig
The Viking Gullveig boat cruises on on Rhine river in Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland, departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Nurnberg and Basel.
The Viking Cruises longship Viking Gullveig was designed as a “green ship” by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. Three quarters of Viking Gullveig cabins feature either a French balcony or a full veranda, and suites have both. On board ship you will find 95 outside staterooms (two Explorer Suites, seven Veranda Suites, thirty-nine Veranda Staterooms, twenty-two French Balcony Staterooms and twenty-five Standard Staterooms. All suites have two rooms, a veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. Explorer Suites offer 270-degrees view of river and beyond.
Viking Gullveig river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Gullveig's Rhine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Gullveig river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "RHINE GETAWAY” are 7-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, and the reverse from Basel to Amsterdam. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland) with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Amsterdam offers an optional 2-night hotel package.
- "DANUBE WALTZ" are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions, with an optional 3-night Prague luxury hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer from Munich to Passau.
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" are 7-days cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, and reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg/Nurnberg. These deals offer 3 countries to visit (Austria, Germany, Hungary), with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Nuremberg offers optional 2-night Nuremberg or 3-night Prague hotel packages. On departures from Germany (Nuremberg) the sailing part starts on the second day with the Main-Danube Canal cruise (passing through the locks), and ends in Budapest (optional 2-night hotel package).
Viking Gullveig wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Gullveig (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Gullveig Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Gullveig longship doesn’t have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Gullveig cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Gullveig boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Gullveig is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Gullveig Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Gullveig cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.