Viking Rinda Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Rinda
|Year built||2013 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Eszter Volner|
Review of Viking Rinda
The Viking Rinda boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris France. This Viking longship is named after Rinda/Rindr - in Norse mythology a princess and giantess (daughter of king Billing the Ruthenian). She was tricked and impregnated by god Odin (disguised as medicine woman) giving birth to Vali - the prophesied avenger for the Baldur's death by his brother Hodur.
Longship Rinda offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship, ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views.
Viking “green” ships feature solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. Viking Rinda carries 190 passengers who benefit from the comfortable amenities like flat-panel 40” Sony TVs and in-room refrigerators. Don't forget to try the putting green and the walking track, or have a rest in the library corner. There is also an onboard boutique, laundry service and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Rinda river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Rinda's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Rinda river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Viking Rinda wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Rinda (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Rinda longship doesn’t have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Rinda cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Rinda boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Rinda is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Rinda represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and the Viking ships Kadlin, Neptune, Pride, Rolf, Spirit.
- The riverboat's godmother is Mrs Eszter Volner - daughter of Dr Pal Volner (prominent Hungarian politician and jurist, member of the country's parliament). born in Budapest studies tourism and classical music (voice and violin). The ship’s christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland, setting a Guinness World Record for "Most Ships Inaugurated in One Day by One Company". On March 20, 2013, Rinda was inaugurated together with the Viking longships Aegir, Atla, Bragi, Embla, Forseti, Jarl, Skadi, Tor and Var. Four of the longships were present in Amsterdam, while the other six attended the ceremony via live satellite video link from the Neptun Werft's shipbuilding yard in Rostock, Germany.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.