Viking Rinda Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Rinda
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Eszter Volner|
Review of Viking Rinda
The Viking Rinda boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France.
Longship Rinda offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship, ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. Viking “green” ships feature solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. Viking Rinda carries 190 passengers who benefit from the comfortable amenities like flat-panel 40” Sony TVs and in-room refrigerators. Don't forget to try the putting green and the walking track, or have a rest in the library corner. There is also an onboard boutique, laundry service and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Rinda river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Rinda's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Rinda river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Viking Rinda wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Rinda (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Rinda Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Rinda longship doesn’t have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Rinda cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Rinda boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Rinda is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and the Viking ships Kadlin, Neptune, Pride, Rolf, Spirit.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Viking Rinda related cruise news
The Danube and Rhine remain the most popular rivers and home to some of the most exciting European cities like the Hungarian and...September 28, 2016
- show more news