Viking Alsvin Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Alsvin
|Year built||2014 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Mary Berry|
Review of Viking Alsvin
The Viking Alsvin boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Main rivers in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, departing from Amsterdam, Budapest and Passau. This Viking longship is named after Alsvin - in Norse mythology one of the two divine horses, pulling the chariot of the Sun together with Arvakr.
The state-of-the-art river ship Viking Alsvin longship was designed as a “green ship” by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. The added benefit of hybrid engines helps for smoother cruising experience. Three quarters of Viking Alsvin cabins feature either a French balcony or a full veranda, and suites have both. Explorer Suites offer 270-degrees view of river and beyond. The Aquavit Terrace is at ship’s bow, and offers opportunity for indoor and outdoor relaxation and dining, with floor to ceiling windows. The Sun Deck shaded sitting area provides ideal environment to enjoy the changing scenery while you cruise. Onboard amenities also include a library, an onboard boutique and free wireless internet service.
Our Viking Alsvin river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Alsvin cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Alsvin river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "LEGENDS OF THE RHINE" are 7-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and the reverse from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. These deals offer 2 countries to visit (Holland and Germany) and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Frankfurt offers an optional 2-night Nuremberg hotel package. Disembarkation in Holland offers the optional hotel stays: for 2-night in Amsterdam or 3-night in a Bruges (Belgium).
- "DANUBE WALTZ” are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Passau disembarkation includes a bus transfer from Passau to Munich, with optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer Munich to Passau.
- "TULIPS and WINDMILLS" are 9-days Springtime themed Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip), with 8 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Amsterdam, the sailing part starts on the second day. The itinerary features an Amsterdam canal cruise on a glass-domed boat and evening departure (on Day 2), cruising on lake IJsselmeer/Zuiderzee, visiting the Paleis Het Loo gardens (from Arnhem), Kinderdijk (windmills network), Antwerp (on river Scheldt in Belgium), Ghent (bus transfer to Bruges), bus travel in the Walcheren region (southwest Holland, stopping in Veere), Holland Delta Works cruise (Dutch system of numerous dams, locks, dykes, storm barriers, all protecting the Holland's Rhine-Meuse-Scheldt area from flooding; embarkation again in Bruinisse /Zeeland), Rotterdam (bus travel to Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse - world's 2nd largest floral garden after the Dubai's Miracle Garden), Amsterdam overnight dock.
Viking Alsvin wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Alsvin (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Alsvin Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Alsvin longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Alsvin river cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Alsvin boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Alsvin is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Alsvin represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- The Viking cruise ship Alsvin was launched in 2014. It was christened by mrs Mary Berry - a renown UK food writer (with over 70 cookery books) and TV presenter (hosting several series for BBC, BBC2, Thames TV), a graduate of the "Le Cordon Bleu" (professional cooking school in Paris). The ship's christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland. On March 17, 2014, Alsvin was inaugurated together with the Viking longships Baldur, Bestla, Delling, Eistla, Gullveig, Ingvi, Lif and Magni.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.