Viking Egil Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Egil
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Jennifer Gasser|
Review of Viking Egil
The Viking Egil boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers in Austria, Germany, France, Hungary, Holland and Switzerland.
Discover the loveliness of Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers with a cruise on board the brand new 2016 Viking Egil.
Viking Egil hosts just 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Egil ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Choose from 8 classes of staterooms with upscale amenities. Egil Suites provide two full rooms, a private veranda and French balcony, spacious closets, hotel-style beds, and 42-inch flat TVs. Viking Longships feature public spaces all in light, with innovative details such as the Aquavit Terrace at the bow of ship suitable for al-fresco dining and Egil Observation Lounge with its beautiful glass doors, floor-to-ceiling.
Our Viking Egil river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Egil cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Viking Egil itineraries offer Rhine, Main and Danube River cruises in Europe. The itinerary themes with the list of ports and tours along the Egil's itinerary routes, are as follows:
- "RHINE GETAWAY" are 8-day cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, and the reverse Basel to Amsterdam. The list of visited countries and ports of call includes Holland (Amsterdam, Kinderdijk), France (Strasbourg), Germany (Cologne, Koblenz/Rudesheim, Heidelberg/Speyer, Breisach) and Switzerland (Basel).
- “BAVARIA TO BUDAPEST” are 10-day cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, and the reverse Budapest to Nuremberg. The list of visited countries and ports of call includes Germany (Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau), Austria (Krems, Vienna) and Hungary (Esztergom, Budapest).
- “GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR” are 15-day cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse Budapest to Amsterdam. This is one of the most popular Viking river cruise itineraries, visiting Hungary (Budapest), Austria (Vienna, Melk), Germany (Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Wurzburg, Wertheim, Koblenz, Cologne) and Holland (Kinderdijk, Amsterdam).
- Flights from and to UK are included in Viking cruise fares, as well as all meals, luxury accommodation with river views; house wine, soft drinks and beer with lunch & dinner; excursions at every port; complimentary tea/coffee; in-room infotainment system (with movies on demand); complimentary WiFi and evening entertainment.
The list of cruise itineraries as names includes:
- 7-nights / 8-days RHINE GETAWAY from Basel to Amsterdam
- 7-nights / 8-days RHINE GETAWAY from Amsterdam to Basel
- 14-nights / 15-days Grand European Tour from Amsterdam to Budapest
- 9-nights / 10-days Danube River from Budapest to Nuremberg
- 9-nights / 10-days Danube River from Nuremberg to Budapest
Viking Egil wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 39 Balcony, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Egil (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Egil Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, Deck Chess, Shaffleboard). The Egil longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa. The glass elevator connects only the Middle and Upper Deck.
- Viking Egil cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Viking Egil is one of the two latest generation Viking Cruises longships modified for cruising on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. While the Viking Egil ship does not have pool, sauna or spa, her guests can enjoy luxury wellness facilities in all the port cities along the Egil's river cruise itineraries.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Veranda AA (x7, deck3), Explorer ES (x2, deck3)
- Balcony Staterooms (on deck2,3) - A, B (x39)
- French Balcony Staterooms (on deck 2,3, with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C, D (x22)
- RiverView Staterooms - E, F (x25, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Egil Itineraries 2018
The below listed Viking Egil cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
24 March 2018 14 nights / 15 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest
|25 Mar||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|26 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Kinderdijk, Holland|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Rhine River|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Cologne, Germany|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Koblenz, Germany|
|29 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|29 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Main River|
|29 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Miltenberg, Germany|
|30 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Wurzburg, Germany|
|30 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Rothenberg, Germany|
|31 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Bamberg, Germany|
|01 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Nuremberg, Germany|
|02 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Main-Danube Canal, Germany|
|02 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Regensburg, Germany|
|03 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Passau, Germany|
|04 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Melk, Austria|
|04 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Durnstein, Austria|
|05 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Vienna, Austria|
|06 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Bratislava, Slovakia|
|06 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Danube River|
|07 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||Budapest, Hungary (Tours ashore)|
|08 Apr||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|