Viking Baldur Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Baldur
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Kathryn Burney-Mazza|
Review of Viking Baldur
The Viking Baldur boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Main in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, departing from Amsterdam, Passau and Budapest.
Viking Baldur longship offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship. This is the ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. There is also an onboard boutique, laundry service and free wireless internet service shipwide. Viking Cruises “green” longships feature solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. Viking Emba carries 190 passengers who benefit from the comfortable amenities like flat-panel 40” Sony TVs and in-room refrigerators. Don't forget to try the putting green and the walking track, or have a rest in the library corner.
Our Viking Baldur river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Baldur cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Baldur river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Danube and Rhine cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 5 countries to visit, with 13 complimentary tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers an optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "LEGENDS OF THE RHINE” are 7-day river cruises from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and the reverse from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. These deals offer 2 countries to visit (Holland and Germany) and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Frankfurt offers an optional 2-night Nuremberg hotel package. Disembarkation in Holland offers the optional packages for 2-night in an Amsterdam or 3-night Bruges hotel (Belgium).
- "DANUBE WALTZ" are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit, with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
Viking Baldur wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Baldur (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Baldur Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Baldur longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Baldur cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Baldur boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Baldur is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.