Review of Silversea
Until 2018, Silversea's owners were the Lefebvre family (Rome, Italy) and V-Ships (fka Vlasov Group) of Monaco. Its business model was ultra-luxury cruising with smaller-sized all-suite ships.
In June-July 2018, Royal Caribbean acquired the company. On June 14, 2018, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) and Manfredi Lefebvre D'Ovidio (majority stock owner of Silversea) announced an agreement for RCCL to acquire 66,7% equity stake in Silversea or purchase price around USD 1 billion. At the time, the company was valued at approx USD 2 billion. RCCL financed the deal (through debt) in October. In addition to the cash money, Lefebvre family received around 472,000 RCCL shares. Silversea kept company's management team led by CEO Roberto Martinoli.
On August 1, 2018, after receiving regulators' final approval, the acquisition deal was officially closed. RCCL owns 66,7%, while Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio owns 33,3% stake and remains company's Executive Chairman.
Following the acquisition was announced the "Project Invictus" - multi-year, fleetwide project for drydock refurbishments and product enhancements. Project's first enhancements started with Silver Muse (August 19, 2018) with upgraded champagne and caviar offerings. Next were scheduled for upgrades Silver Whisper and Silver Wind ((December 2018). All liners in the fleet will be updated taking inspiration from the flagship Silver Muse.
Since the beginning, company's all-inclusive fares included port charges, travel insurance, gratuities (none were allowed), one or more shore events (excursions) per cruise itinerary and beverages (selected wines at lunch and dinner). Most (around 80%) of brand's clients were expected to come from North America, so the line established its marketing office in Fort Lauderdale FL.
- Fleet's first vessel (Silver Cloud) entered service in April 1994, followed by sistership Silver Wind in January 1995. In September 2000 was launched Silver Shadow. Silver Whisper debuted in January 2001.
- In 2008, Silversea Cruises entered the luxury expedition travel market by purchasing the ship Prince Albert II (owned by Society Expeditions) and upgrading it to industry's highest standards. The reconstructed vessel (132-passenger Silver Explorer) was inaugurated in June 2008 with more rugged itineraries (including Arctic and Antarctic cruises and Western Africa safari cruise tours) and offering up-close wildlife adventures with its Zodiac boat expeditions.
- On June 18, 2012, was announced that Silversea had acquired Canodros SA - Ecuadorian luxury tour company operating cruises in Galapagos Islands. The deal included former Renaissance ship Galapagos Explorer II (renamed in 2013 to Silver Galapagos). The 100-passenger ship is deployed year-round in Galapagos Islands.
- The 3rd expedition ship (Silver Discoverer) joined Silversea Expeditions fleet in March 2014, also operating far-flung itineraries (Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Russia's Far East, Australia New Zealand). The vessel features glass-bottom tour boat, Zodiacs (large boats used for landings), snorkeling and dive program (with complimentary equipment).
In 2017, Silversea started selling bonds to the public to finance the company's business. The plan was to raise USD 550 million (up from the originally-planned USD 275 million). Senior secured notes (due in 2025) paid interest at 7,25% rate.
In June 2017 was announced the company's partnership with Peninsula Hotels (Hong Kong-based hotel chain). Silversea's new "cruise and hotel" program debuted on Silver Muse (during World Cruise 2019). Both brands collaborate only on Asian itineraries. During these voyages, Peninsula Hotels provides chefs and specialists to interact with passengers and arrange exclusive onboard events in select Asian port cities.
In August 2018, Silversea Cruises launched company's travel blog Discover (discover.silversea.com). There are posted itinerary-themed mini-documentaries and behind-the-scenes videos themed on world's most unique cultures and lifestyles, rare geographical phenomena, unusual landscapes, wildlife, topics on glaciology-botany-ornithology-marine biology, useful travel skills, expert photography tips, as well as specially produced for Silversea photos and videos and original stories by company's Expedition Experts.
In the late-2000s, Silversea started a fleet-expansion program adding tonnage through newbuilds.
- In December 2009, the company launched the 540-passenger Silver Spirit.
- In 2017 was launched the 596-passenger Silver Muse (building cost EUR 105 million / USD 125 million) - Silver Spirit modified design.
- On September 11, 2017, was signed a EUR 310 million (USD 370 million) shipbuilding contract with Fincantieri (Italy) for 3 new cruise ships - including Silver Moon, with scheduled delivery in 2020. Currently, Silversea has a fleet of 9 operational vessels, with planned expansion up to 12. The last 2 newbuilds (sisterships to Muse and Moon, still unnamed) are with scheduled deliveries in 2021 and 2023.
- When the Silversea-Fincantieri deal for Silver Moon was signed (September 2017), the Italian shipbuilder had a total of 78 cruise vessels built in the period 1990-2017 (of which 55 launched between 2002-2017) plus other 31 currently being designed or constructed.
- On May 14, 2018. was signed the Silversea-Fincantieri order for Silver Dawn (planned delivery November 2021).
- Another boat of the same series is planned for launch in 2023, to a total fleet of 12 vessels.
In October 2018, RCCL-Royal Caribbean announced shipbuilding agreements for all 3 new vessels for Silversea Cruises.
- Silversea signed a MoU (memorandum of understanding) with the German shipbuilder Meyer Werft for 2 ships (new “Evolution Class”) with first delivery in 2022.
- The 3rd contract was signed with the Dutch company Shipyard De Hoop for building Silver Origin. The new expedition ship will serve Silversea Expeditions' Galapagos Islands cruise tour program currently served by Silver Galapagos. The newbuild enters service in March 2020.
Cruise ship W-Fi and Internet
Since April 2018, all Silversea ships offer free and unlimited Wi-Fi access - regardless of cabin category. Previously (between January 2016 - April 2018) Silversea customers received 1 hour complimentary Wi-Fi per day.
By the new policy, Silversea provides each standard suite passenger with free and unlimited Internet access. Booking larger suites (Silver to Owner grades) offers free and unlimited internet for up to 2 mobile devices pp (simultaneously). Unlimited premium internet package upgrades are also offered.
In August 2016, Silversea announced the company's plans to invest USD 170 million in a fleetwide drydock refurbishment project. Ship upgrades started in 2016 with 3 ships.
- Silver Whisper had refreshed suites (dark emperor marble floors in cabin bathrooms, sun deck (new loungers, newly tiled pool). The Restaurant and La Terrazza are with new furniture and flooring (hardwood parquet/carpet). Two new satellite antennas provide faster Internet. On-demand movies and interactive TVs were added in all cabins.
- Silver Wind received the same upgrades as Silver Whisper - all cabins, restaurants, ship technology. The pool deck has all new teak decking.
- Silver Discoverer - The Discoverer Lounge was redesigned (from breakfast venue into the upscale lounge), while The Explorer Lounge received new furniture and audio-video equipment. The Restaurant was renovated. The pool grill received new furniture.
- Silver Cloud was remade into a polar expedition ship.
Silversea cruise experience
Silversea Cruises boasts an upscale, yet casual onboard atmosphere with spacious public spaces that offer bigger-than-average spaces for travelers. The line provides stellar service and its guests may be sure there is no waiting in line for activities or meals.
Extraordinary dining experiences are available on all Silversea ships, with wine poured generously at meals. The all-inclusive policy covers all gratuities and unlimited beverages - beer, wine, liquor, and soft drinks, except premium brands.
There are lecturers on all cruises, offering insights into the cultures of the destinations visited. Sometimes Silversea provides a bridge instructor or a golf pro for lessons at the practice nets on board each ship. However, partly as a function of relatively low passenger capacity, few educational opportunities are available. Each of Silversea Cruises ships has a well-stocked library, a fitness center, and a Steiner-managed spa.
Meals in the main dining room are served open seating, with lunch available between 12:00 and 1:30 p.m., and dinner at any time between 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Alternative dinner is available at 7 p.m. in La Terrazza, free of charge (reservations are required) and in the upscale Le Champagne between 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Le Champagne applies a $200/$30 charge, which depends on the chosen dining option ($200 is for a multi-course degustation menu with wine pairings).
IMPORTANT: As there are no organized kids programs, Silversea ships are inappropriate for families with young kids.
Silversea passengers are generally, as on most small luxury ships, somewhat older than those found on bigger, mainstream vessels. In terms of nationality, about 50% are North Americans, with the other 50% coming from all over the world (mainly the United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia). Many travelers are retirees with the resources and leisure to make Silversea Cruises their line of choice.
Perhaps because they provide the space for more facilities (cigar bar, wine bar, computer center, expanded spa, not to mention larger and better-equipped show lounge), Silver Whisper and Silver Shadow attract a younger clientele. Still, Silversea is not the cruise line for the 20- and 30-something travelers.
For season 2016-2017, Silversea Expeditions partnered with Technogym for selected Wellness-themed cruises. By this partnership, on all Silversea expedition vessels were offered fitness and wellness-themed onboard events and complimentary amenities and services, including spa treatments, classes (Yoga, Pilates, fitness), enrichment lectures, healthy cooking demos gym sessions (with personal trainers and Technogym equipment).
Since January 2019, Silversea upgraded fleetwide company's in-cabin TV programming by adding 2 new channels - National Geographic (NatGeo / science-travel documentaries) and Sport 24 (live sports events).
Itinerary of Silversea
According to an independent cruise market research, Silversea continues to be rated number one luxury cruise line by ship capacity. With a fleet of 9 vessels, the company is also the dominant player on the Mediterranean luxury cruising market, especially during summer months. The second biggest by passenger capacity line is Crystal Cruises (Los Angeles USA-based). The third biggest luxury line is Regent Seven Seas, followed closely by Seabourn.
- Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the line's Silver Sky programme) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
- Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property), and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silversea Expeditions scuba diving cruises feature some of the most remote destinations in the world and top diving sites in the Indian and western Pacific oceans.
The latest addition to Silversea Cruises expedition fleet, 120-passenger Silver Discoverer, has 20 cruises featuring scuba diving opportunities for experienced divers in regions like the Maldives, the Palau archipelago, the Andaman Islands and Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Participants can explore hidden tunnels, caves, coral fish and rare creatures. The diving program is free of charge.
In addition to a dive master onboard, the cruises feature experts including marine biologists, ecologists, environmentalists, and geologists.
Silver Discoverer's scuba diving cruises include experiences, such as a 14-day Cairns to Balikpapan program "Australia (Great Barrier Reef) & Indonesia" departing October 4, and a 15-day voyage Phuket to the Maldives "Myanmar & Andaman Islands" December 2.
The 17-day "Maldives, Seychelles (Aldabra) & Africa" cruise departs December 17 and features a rare call at the remote coral atoll of Aldabra. This UNESCO World Heritage Site, virtually untouched by humans, is one of the world's biggest atolls and home to thousands of giant tortoises.
Silver Explorer sailed the first-ever Pacific coast explorations of the line as part of ship’s lineup of Americas voyages in 2018. Silver Explorer’s collection sails from Ushuaia, Argentina up to the Pacific coastline to Vancouver.
Follows a list of cruise expedition themed cruises operated by Silversea Expeditions' ships. These are Silver Discoverer, Silver Galapagos, Silver Explorer and Silver Cloud (since 2017).
- "Photography Expedition Cruises" include photo walks, onboard workshops, and lectures led by professional photographers.
- "Birding and Ornithology Expedition Cruises" are offered on itineraries in Alaska and Galapagos (wildlife viewing themed).
- "Culinary Expedition Cruises" provide an array of ashore and onboard culinary-themed events.
- "Diving Expedition Cruises" by Silversea's scuba diving program are led by professional expedition team and certified divemasters. Silver Discoverer operates in Micronesia, Melanesia, Polynesia, Indonesia.
- "Wellness Expedition Cruises" allow passengers to improve their well-being while cruising to destinations in South Pacific Ocean and Southeast Asia. Dedicated wellness specialists host an onboard fitness training program that includes Pilates, yoga and stretching. Also included are cooking demonstrations and daily wellness lectures focused on balanced nutrition. Also, price inclusive are spa massage treatments.
Galapagos cruise itineraries
Silversea alternated two 7-night Galapagos Islands itineraries (Saturday to Saturday) approved by Galapagos National Park Service. Both are operated by the 100-passenger ships Silver Galapagos and Silver Origin (starting May 2020). The itinerary is between the homeport islands Baltra and San Cristobal.
|Date / Time||Port|
|Day 1||Departing from San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|Day 2||Santiago Island, Galapagos|
|Day 2||Bartolome Island, Galapagos|
|Day 3||Fernandina Island, Galapagos|
|Days 3-4 (overnight)||Isabela Island, Galapagos|
|Day 5||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|Days 6-7 (overnight)||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|Day 8||Arriving in Baltra Island, Galapagos|
The modified north-central cruisetour itinerary departs Baltra for San Cristobal with a newly added circumnavigation of Isla Daphne Grande (Daphne Major). The voyage explores Darwin Bay and El Barranco (on Genovesa Island), Galapaguera Cerro Colorado and Punta Pitt (San Cristobal Island), Gardner Bay and Punta Suarez (Espanola Island), El Eden, Fausto Llerena Breeding Center and Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island), as well as Seymour Norte, Rabida and Plaza Sur.
Departing from San Cristobal for Baltra, the enhanced western cruisetour itinerary has new points - Cerro Dragon and Playa Las Bachas (Santa Cruz Island) and circumnavigation of Roca Leon Dormido (Kicker Rock / San Cristobal). The itinerary also includes Punta Vicente Roca, Caleta Tagus and Elizabeth Bay (on Isabela Island), Post Office Bay, Islote Champion and Punta Cormorant (Floreana Island), Los Gemelos, Fausto Llerena Breeding Center and Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island), Bartolome, Playa Espumilla and Punta Espinoza (Fernandina Island).
Silver Origin circumnavigates Kicker Rock and Daphne Major - both best-rated for exotic birds viewing. Flamingos can be seen at Las Bachas Beach. Wildlife viewing opportunities also include land- and marine iguanas, giant tortoises, blue- and red-footed boobies, sea lions, penguins, finches.
All Silversea Galapagos shore tours/expeditions are complimentary and guided by an experienced certified team, On the ship, passengers enjoy premium butler service, gourmet cuisine, complimentary wines and spirits and free Wi-Fi throughout.
Wine Programme 2019
The new wine programme of Silversea was selected by the company’s expert Wine Ambassador, Lawrence d’Almeida. Nearly 160 different wines populate line’s wine selection, that is praised by wine experts for including one of the biggest choices of complimentary wines onboard any cruise ship, with about 70 different labels.
World's major wine regions are represented in Silversea's complementary range, along with major wine grapes, yet Italian wines are well-represented as an homage to the heritage of the line. When relevant to the visited destination, local wines are added to the wine selection, enabling passengers to sail deeper via sampling fine wines from around the world.
Departing on October 18 and arriving on October 31, 2018, Silver Whisper sails between Lisbon and Fort Lauderdale FL for Silversea’s next wine cruise, for which the line partnered with Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia and American Fine Wine Competition.
The trip introduces passengers to both ‘new world’ and ‘old world’ wines, in line with the movement of the ship across the Atlantic. First, travelers are able to sample 33 varieties of high-class Italian wines, provided by Comitato Grandi Cru d’Italia committee that unites top Italian wineries to promote the prestige of country’s most illustrious wines.
Additional 19 varieties of the best wines in America are available, due to Silversea’s partnership with the American Fine Wine Competition. Journalists, wine magazine publishers, co-founders of American Fine Wine Competition (AFWC), Vintners, Monty and Sara Preiser of Napa and Florida join the cruise as instructors and hosts. The Preisers are expected to present AFWC’s Double Gold Medal-winning wines and bottles from the ‘Winery of the Year’ to passengers of the trip.
Illustrious members of ASPI sommelier association, Gennaro Buono and Giuseppe Vaccarini, a former best sommelier in Italy and best sommelier in the world respectively, each join a segment of the transatlantic cruise. Vaccarini is expected to accompany guests on wine-related shore trips, while Buono is to host an accredited propaedeutic sommelier course.
A further 4 wine cruises are scheduled for 2019:
- Departing from Auckland January 20-February 2, flagship Silver Muse hosts the first wine cruise of 2019. The trip, hosted by Lawrence d’Almeida, introduces passengers to a variety of wines and vintages in an intimate environment. In New Zealand, passengers are able to enjoy a half day tour of Gisborne wine region, along with a tour of the Marlborough region and trips to wineries in Picton. In Australia, they can experience a trip to Ghost Rock Vineyards.
- On February 2, Silver Whisper departs Sydney for Benoa (Bali), arriving February 16. Also hosted by expert Wine Ambassador, the 2-week trip visits Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Komodo. A variety of carefully selected Australian wines is added to Silversea's complimentary wine selection. Travelers can enjoy a private tour of Sirromet Winery, Queensland.
- Silver Cloud sails between Lisbon-Amsterdam (May 1-May 13) to some of the prime winemaking regions in Europe. Calling at Oporto, Gijon, La Coruna, Bilbao, Belle Ile, Bordeaux, Saint-Malo, Douarnenez, Le Havre, the 12-day cruise incorporates opportunities to try fine gastronomy from across the continent. In Bordeaux, guests can enjoy an overnight stay. Silversea’s Wine Ambassador selects different wines from each of the countries on the itinerary.
- Between May 19-June 2, Silver Whisper sails between London and Barcelona, visiting Honfleur, Bordeaux, Le Verdon (Bordeaux), Saint-Malo, Bilbao, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga. Along the way, passengers are able to participate in 2019 edition of line's onboard accredited sommelier course and leave with recognized qualification. Throughout the voyage, they can also partake in tours of prominent wineries.
Silversea Cuba Cruises 2019
Silversea introduced a new collection of itineraries to Cuba, enabling travelers of all nationalities to discover the exciting destination. Departing from the United States for the first time in the history of the cruise line, the 17 journeys unlock authentic experiences for guests, showcasing the best of the country via immersive land trips in a variety of destinations.
5 cruises are due to immersing Silversea’s passengers in the country’s delights 2019:
- Silver Wind inaugurates the collection of Cuba voyages when she sets sail February 14, 2019, on a week-long cruise from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale. The itinerary includes calls to the Cuban cities of Santiago de Cuba, Havana, and Bimini Islands.
- The recently lengthened Silver Spirit departs San Juan on a 10-night journey on February 22, 2019. The overnight in Santiago de Cuba is complemented by visits to Cienfuegos and Havana, stops in George Town, Bimini and Key West, before ending in Fort Lauderdale.
- Departing San Juan March 31, 2019, Silver Wind unlocks Havana and Santiago de Cuba on overnight calls, along with Cienfuegos, on a 10-night cruise. The itinerary incorporates George Town and Bimini, as well.
- Also, onboard Silver Wind, a 9-night roundtrip cruise from Fort Lauderdale, departing on April 10, calls in Santiago de Cuba overnight as well as Havana, in addition to Nassau, Port Canaveral, and Bimini.
- Concluding 2019 selection, a 14-night journey aboard Silver Whisper departs Fort Lauderdale November 22. The roundtrip itinerary features a call to Cienfuegos, plus overnights in Havana and Santiago de Cuba, offering ample time for passengers to experiences the local way of life. This itinerary also includes visits to Grand Cayman, Belize City, Key West, and Cozumel.
In 2020, another 12 itineraries are due to unlocking authentic Cuban culture.
Silversea Winter 2019-2020-2021 Itineraries
Silversea's classic winter 2019-2020 itineraries comprise 89 sailings to Asia, Australasia, South America, Caribbean, and more. Building on the previously announced expedition itineraries of the company for the same period, these itineraries bring the number of visited destinations to around 900 for 2019-2020. Winter 2019-2020 itineraries feature a full program in Australia and New Zealand, circumnavigation of South America, along with increased capacity in Asia. 10 inaugural are made in exciting places like Fiji’s volcanic Dravuni Island, lushly forested Cayman Brac Island, and picturesque city of Timaru New Zealand, with its bluestone buildings and lovely botanical gardens.
Highlights of Silversea's winter 2019-2020 itineraries include:
- World Cruise 2020: Departing Fort Lauderdale FL for Amsterdam on January 6, Silver Whisper is due to become the first ever to visit all 7 continents on a 140-day world cruise encompassing 32 countries and 62 ports.
- Australia and New Zealand: Line's Silver Muse is scheduled to spend more than 4 months in Australia & New Zealand, marking her longest season in the region. The ship offers a series of mostly 14-day voyages, departing from Auckland or Sydney.
- South America: Silver Shadow departs Fort Lauderdale FL on January 24, on a 63-day full circumnavigation of South America. The trip includes a Panama Canal crossing, an inaugural overnight in Guayaquil, cruising Chile’s fjords, an overnight in Rio de Janeiro, plus 2-night stays in Buenos Aires and Callao.
- Myanmar: Departing on November 19 and February 29, two Silver Spirit cruises incorporate multi-day stopovers in Myanmar. Passengers can explore the famous golden pagodas and temples. The voyages depart from Singapore or Mumbai with overnights in Sri Lanka included.
- Asia: From the Land of the Rising Sun to China's Great Wall and Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay, the highlights of the trips undertaken by Silver Muse and Silver Spirit will enable passengers to discover the natural and cultural attractions of the Far East.
- Caribbean: Nearly 2 dozen cruises aboard Silver Whisper, Silver Wind and Silver Shadow spotlight the wonders of Caribbean, from the rainforests of Saint Lucia and the courtyards of San Juan to the cozy cafes of Saint Barts.
The schedule of expedition cruises onboard Silver Galapagos from January through June 2020 continues the exploration of the biologically diverse Galapagos Islands, with two 7-day itineraries that may be combined into 2-week sailings.
Itinerary highlights for Silversea 2020-2021 season include:
- Flights and transfers included: On all Silversea 2020 and 2021 cruises, with the exception of those to Australia and Alaska, economy flights and overseas transfers are included, with Business Class on European itineraries along with superb Business Class upgrades to airlines' long-haul destinations.
- Silver Moon Inaugural Cruise: Silversea’s latest luxury addition and sister ship to Silver Muse, Silver Moon sets sail from Trieste on August 6, 2020. The maiden voyage calls at the Croatian coast and in Malta before arriving in Italy.
- New Zealand and Sub-Antarctic Islands: In a first for the cruise line, Silver Explorer will cruise to Antarctica from Dunedin, opening up a new region to explore. Departing December 2020, the voyage includes the sub-Antarctic islands and Dumont D’Urville Station (French scientific research base located close to huge colony emperor and Adelie penguins).
- Cruising from Tower Bridge, London UK: Silver Wind will offer 7 voyages departing from/arriving at Tower Bridge London, including the UK circumnavigation, which departs May 22, 2020, and visits Wales, Northern Island, Scotland across 12 days.
- Northeast & Northwest Passages: Silver Cloud’s 24-day cruise from Kangerlussuaq to the remote port of Nome and Silver Explorer’s 25-day from Nome to Tromso depart in August 2020.
- Istanbul: Silver Shadow is back to Istanbul on 2 cruises departing May and August 2020. Both include overnights in the city and stops at popular resorts, such as Mykonos and Kusadasi.
Silversea World Cruise 2020
On March 12, 2018, Silversea opened for booking MS Silver Whisper's 140-day "World Cruise 2020". The itinerary visits 62 ports in 32 countries and is the world's first Around The World voyage visiting all the 7 continents.
- The itinerary starts on January 6, 2020, from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) and ends in Amsterdam (Holland) on May 25, 2020.
- The full list of ports includes: Fort Lauderdale (Florida USA), Puerto Rico (San Juan), Barbados (Bridgetown), Devil's Island, Brazil (Fortaleza, Natal, Salvador de Bahia, Rio de Janeiro), Punta del Este, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Puerto Madryn, Port Stanley (Falklands), Antarctic Peninsula, Magellan Strait, Cape Horn, Chilean Fjords, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt, Robinson Crusoe Island, Easter Island, Pitcairn Island (Adamstown), French Polynesia (Mangareva Island, Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora), Cook Islands (Aitutaki), Tonga (Nukualofa, Neiafu, Ovaka), Fiji (Lautoka), Vanuatu (Champagne Beach, Pentecost Island, Lifou), Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Penneshaw, Albany, Fremantle), Indonesia (Benoa, Semarang), Singapore, Thailand (Phuket), Sri Lanka (Colombo), India (Cochin, Mumbai), Oman (Muscat, Salalah, Aqaba), Egypt (Safaga), Suez Canal transit, Italy (Taormina, Sorrento, Civitavecchia-Rome), Spain (Barcelona), Portugal (Lisbon, Leixoes), ireland (Dublin, Belfast), Scotland (Portee, Kirkwall), Norway (Bergen, Flam), Scotland (Leith-Edinburgh), Holland (Amsterdam).
- Full-segment "World Cruise 2020" prices ranged from EUR 55,000 pp (USD 62,000 / Vista Suite), EUR 69,000 pp (Veranda Suite), EUR 131,000 pp (Medallion Suite), EUR 168,000 pp (Silver Suite), EUR 169,000 pp (Royal Suite), EUR 171,000 pp (Grand Suite), up to EUR 205,000 pp (USD 240,000 / Owner Suite).
Silversea related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Silversea unveiled more details of the line's forthcoming Galapagos-specific cruise ship Silver Origin. The newbuild (currently under...April 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
From today, March 15, 2019, the general sale of the Expedition World Cruise 2021 of Silversea is open. Unlocking a selection of travel experiences in...March 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announces an innovative culinary enrichment program called S.A.L.T., an acronym of ‘Sea and Land Taste’, that has been...March 8, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The keel laying for Silver Moon, the 2nd of a trio of new ultra-luxury ships that Fincantieri is currently building for Silversea took place n...February 16, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises introduced two pioneering World Cruises for 2021, including the first "Expedition World Cruise". The presale for world-cruising...January 31, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announced plans for a 2nd extensive refurbishment of its Silver Wind, completing a major renovation project (November 26 - December...December 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea introduced accessibility-enhanced shore trips via its partnership with Accessible Travel Solutions, devoted to expanding opportunities for...December 13, 2018
A port of call in Key West's popular Mallory Square is currently unusable for at least 3 months while it is repaired for damage that was caused by...December 11, 2018
On November 27, 2018, upon leaving call port Key West FL, due to heavy winds, Silversea's Silver Spirit collided with The Fisherman Wharf (at...December 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seaspan’s Vancouver Drydock has completed work on Silversea Expeditions' Silver Explorer. Thе vessel has an ice strengthened hull and safely...October 29, 2018
- show more news