Crystal Endeavor current position
Specifications of Crystal Endeavor
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Stralsund) Germany|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||USD 195 million (EUR 180 million)|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Yacht Cruises|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19800 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Christened by||Manuela Schwesig|
Crystal Endeavor Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Sep 28||10 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Lisbon||London-Greenwich||$11867|
|2021 Oct 09||18 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro||Lisbon||$14060|
|2021 Oct 28||8 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$8541|
|2021 Nov 06||11 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia||Buenos Aires||$9477|
|2021 Nov 18||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$13561|
|2021 Nov 29||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$15385|
|2021 Dec 10||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$14300|
|2021 Dec 21||15 days, round-trip 15 Night Antarctic Holiday Expedition Cruise||Ushuaia||$21965|
|2022 Jan 05||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$15853|
|2022 Jan 16||19 days, round-trip 19 Night Falklands South Georgia and Antarctica Wildlife Expedition Cruise||Ushuaia||$29827|
|2022 Feb 04||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$15613|
|2022 Feb 15||14 days, round-trip 14 Night Beyond the Antarctic Circle Cruise||Ushuaia||$21079|
|2022 Mar 01||19 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Cape Town||Ushuaia||$14926|
|2022 Mar 21||14 days, one-way from Cape Town to Tema Harbour||Cape Town||$13279|
|2022 Apr 06||9 days, one-way from Tema Harbour to Dakar||Tema Harbour||$8985|
|2022 Apr 17||11 days, one-way from Dakar to Malaga||Dakar||$10744|
|2022 Apr 29||13 days, one-way from Malaga to Bordeaux||Malaga||$12978|
|2022 May 14||10 days, one-way from Bordeaux to London-Greenwich||Bordeaux||$11220|
|2022 May 25||13 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Leith-Edinburgh||London-Greenwich||$13282|
|2022 Jun 08||13 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Longyearbyen||Leith-Edinburgh||$18548|
|2022 Jun 22||10 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Svalbard In Search of Polar Bears Cruise||Longyearbyen||$16343|
|2022 Jul 03||10 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Svalbard In Search of Polar Bears Cruise||Longyearbyen||$16353|
|2022 Jul 14||13 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik||Longyearbyen||$20504|
|2022 Jul 29||9 days, round-trip 10 Night Expedition Iceland Cruise||Reykjavik||$14887|
|2022 Aug 08||9 days, round-trip 10 Night Expedition Iceland Cruise||Reykjavik||$14650|
|2022 Aug 18||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$23715|
|2022 Sep 02||14 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Montreal||Kangerlussuaq||$21085|
|2022 Sep 16||14 days, one-way from Montreal to West Palm Beach||Montreal||$10446|
|2022 Sep 30||8 days, one-way from West Palm Beach to Panama City||West Palm Beach||$6742|
|2022 Oct 09||9 days, one-way from Panama City to Callao||Panama City||$6923|
|2022 Oct 19||12 days, one-way from Callao to Puerto Montt||Callao||$8392|
|2022 Nov 01||10 days, one-way from Puerto Montt to Ushuaia||Puerto Montt||$10054|
|2022 Nov 12||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Antarctic Expedition In Search of the Emperor Cruise||Ushuaia||$17077|
|2022 Nov 23||19 days, round-trip 19 Night Falklands South Georgia and Antarctica Wildlife Expedition Cruise||Ushuaia||$27326|
|2022 Dec 12||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$14653|
|2022 Dec 23||15 days, round-trip 15 Night Holiday Expedition Falkland Islands and Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$22459|
|2023 Jan 07||11 days, round-trip 11 Night Expedition Antarctica Cruise||Ushuaia||$16350|
|2023 Jan 18||19 days, round-trip 19 Night Falklands South Georgia and Antarctica Wildlife Expedition Cruise||Ushuaia||$28703|
|2023 Aug 02||28 days, one-way from Tromso to Anadyr||Tromso|
Crystal Endeavor Review
Review of Crystal Endeavor
The 2021-built Crystal Endeavor cruise ship is a polar-class superyacht and Crystal Yacht Cruises' newest vessel - with fleetmate Crystal Esprit (1991-built). Endeavor is the world's first purpose-built cruise yacht with P6 (polar-class) hull designation.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all-inclusive travel package deals. The company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer an intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the travel brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
The 200-passenger ship is operated by Crystal Yacht Cruises - a division of Crystal Cruises Inc (USA), while the shipowner is Genting International Plc (Malaysia, subsidiary of Genting Hong Kong Ltd).
The superyacht has its own underwater ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle), which is equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar itineraries, the ROV is used for exploring sunken objects, including vessels (warships, galleons, passenger ships). The vessel (MV Werften hull number 124) has DWT (deadweight tonnage) 2025 tons, GT tonnage (volume) 19800 tons, draught 6 m (20 ft), 4x diesel engines (4-stroke).
For the vessel's technical details and construction read at its Wiki section.
Decks and Cabins
The Crystal Endeavor yacht carries 200 passengers in 100 suites, ranging from 305 ft2 / 28 m2 (Deluxe Suite/balcony cabin) to Owner Suites (1130 ft2 / 105 m2 plus 740 ft2 / 69 m2 terrace). The two Owner's Suites (aka "Crystal Penthouse Suite") can be connected to a Penthouse for combined footage of 3930 ft2 (365 m2). Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory, in-cabin spa and gym with steam room, sauna, and private treatment room, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi, in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
The boat has 10 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 4 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Crystal Endeavor offers six dining venues, including the main dining room, outdoor cafe, self-serve snack spot, grill, and 24-hour room service. Crystal Endeavor's dining experience remains true to the standard of world-class cuisine and diverse menus offered on all Crystal River, Ocean and Yacht vessels, with all-inclusive dining, premium spirits and fine wines offered throughout.
Specialty restaurants onboard include Umi Uma, serving sushi and specialties by Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, and Prego, which offers traditional Italian fare, and hosts cruise company's "Vintage Room" winemaker dinners. Additionally, Crystal Endeavor features the elegant main dining room, Waterside, Asian-inspired Silk Kitchen & Bar, situated in the 2-story solarium during the evenings, and European-inspired Bistro Cafe, which offers full-service breakfast and lunch and is a go-to spot for teas and freshly brewed espresso.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours, operates as a self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Waterside (main dining room)
- Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian)
- Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, offers full-service breakfast and lunch)
- Compass Room (wine bar, specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with "Modern Tasting" and "Classic" menus, offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties, food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club's outdoor extension/alternative restaurant, features light food menu choices, offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Umi Uma (sushi and specialties by Nobu Matsuhisa)
- Prego (traditional Italian fare)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Crystal Endeavor offers personalized services along with 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio. This ultra-luxury yacht has its own fleet of 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, 2 submarines (7-person mini-subs), 2 helicopters (for flight tours) and 2 landing pads (helipads). The ship provides complimentary jet skis, sea kayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling-scuba diving equipment, recompression chamber, multi-person ATVs. Passengers can also experience a ride on Endeavour's SEABOB, the most technically advanced underwater scooter in the world.
The vessel is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (first-year ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems (DPS - dynamic positioning system) in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers), even in adverse weather conditions. This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
At Palm Court Lounge are offered afternoon tea service, dancing, specialty cocktails, onboard enrichment lectures, media presentations, classes, evening entertainment. Other social spaces include the only Casino Lounge on an expedition yacht, Connoisseur Club (cigar/smoking lounge) Crystal Cove where guests gather for guest speakers, pre-dinner drinks and late-night entertainment.
Enrichment venues include the Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, and Helicopter Lounge. The Promenade stretches from Crystal Cove to the Waterside and is a more intimate spot to enjoy cocktails and spectacular views. Crystal's onboard boutique shops, Apropos, and Facets provide designer and fine jewelry shopping.
Wellness options include a fully-equipped fitness center. The dedicated "Crystal Life Spa and Salon" wellness complex covers an area of 930 m2 (10,000 ft2) and has gym room, full-service spa with 3 treatment rooms, unisex steam rooms and saunas, jacuzzis, relaxation room, and full-service salon services. The 2-story solarium pool deck is enclosed under the glass-domed roof. The expansive mud rooms accommodate preparation for the adventures of the day and offer cleaning of equipment and boots upon return from a day full of exploration.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Connoisseur Club cigar lounge
- Crystal Cove
- The Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, Helicopter Lounge
- Spa and Conservatory (10,000 ft2 area providing full-service spa, salon, wellness center, jacuzzis, and Crystal Life Fitness for spinning, yoga, pilates, and personal training)
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to convert it into alfresco dining area/dance floor)
- Theatre (200 seats)
- Lecture rooms, Cinema, Card Room, Casino
- Computer Centre.
Cruise itinerary program
Crystal Endeavor itinerary program was scheduled to start on May 15, 2021 (inaugural cruise, later rescheduled for July 17) and included as destinations (Europe's and Canada's) Arctic territories and Antarctica during winter, and during the rest of the year - the Americas, Europe (Mediterranean-UK-Baltic), Pacific and Atlantic islands, Russia's Far East territories (including Kuril Islands), South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand), Alaska. Itineraries as length range between 12-22 days. Tropical destinations are also included as the yacht's seasonal repositioning crossings between cool and warm regions.
The new top-luxury superyacht was originally planned to start operations in 2020. The list of inaugural cruises included 12 itineraries, of which 3 Japan-based (roundtrips from homeport Tokyo).
- (2020 August 10, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition" visits Hakodate, Rishiri, Wakkanai, Russian Far East (Korsakov, Tyuleny Island, Yankicha Island, Srednego Island, Paramushir Island, Atlasov Island, Russky Island, Korsakov (Sakhalin Island) and back to Japan (Otara, Tokyo).
- (2020 August 27, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Japan's Cultural and Coastal Discovery" to Muroran, Hakodate, Ryotsu, Ogi, Kanazawa, Sakaiminato, Pohang, Hamada, Sazaki, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Kobe, Hamajima, Shimizu.
- (2020 September 13, from Tokyo to Taipei Taiwan) 16-day repositioning cruise visits Shingu, Osaka, Himeji, Tamano, Uwajima, Kagoshima, Anbo, Amami, Yoronjima, Motobu, Naha, Kerama, Shotu Islands, Iriomote Island, Ishigaki Island, Taipei (debarkation).
- (September 29, 2020) "Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali
- (October 15, 2020) "Indonesian Immersive and The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day relocation from Asia to Australia (from Bali to Cairns Queensland)
- (October 31, 2020) "Australian Offshore and The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney NSW
- (November 4, 2020) "Tasmania and The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch New Zealand
- (November 28, 2020) "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland NZ
- (December 10, 2020) "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch
- (December 22, 2020) "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand and Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania
- (January 6, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart Tasmania to Christchurch
- (January 28, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
- Liner's complete 2021 schedule was officially opened for booking on March 13, 2019. Voyages range between 10-28 days and visit destinations throughout Antarctica, Russia's Far East, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, Japan, China, Indonesia, Indian Ocean Islands, Australia New Zealand, Europe (including Norway Fjords, UK, Canary Islands), South America.
In late-January 2021 were canceled all departures planned for May and August. The latest cancellations included the boat's Japan 2021 program and the Alaska 2021 mini-season (4x departures from Seward and Vancouver BC).
Bookings for Crystal Endeavor cruises (inaugural season August 2020 - January 2021) were opened on August 8, 2018 (to Crystal Society/loyalty program members) and on August 22 (to the general public). Fares started from USD 12750 per person with double occupancy.
In mid-February 2019 was announced a unique Russian Arctic cruise itinerary (Northeast Passage route) - from Anadyr Russia to Tromso Norway. Departing August 18, 2021, the 28-day "Northeast Passage Expedition" visits some of the world's most remote islands and archipelagos in the Russian Arctic. The itinerary's most-unusual destinations include Franz Josef Land, Wrangel Island, New Siberian Islands, Severnaya Zemlya. The voyage also visits Murmansk and several other Russian Federation territories such as Novaya Zemlya and Solovetsky Island. Along with this route, Crystal Endeavor cruises through the Arctic Ocean and passing East Siberian Sea, White Sea, Barents Sea, Laptev Sea, with numerous opportunities for zodiac landings (depending on sea/weather conditions). Cruise deals are inclusive of a 1-night pre-cruise hotel in Anchorage Alaska and flight transfer to Anadyr. Bookings opened on February 20 (Crystal Society members) and March 13 (general customers). Prices started from USD 44360 pp.
The superyacht's all 2021 voyages were opened for booking in mid-March 2019. The itineraries ranged between 10-28 days and included Asia (Russian Far East, Japan, Indonesia), Antarctica, Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Atlantic and Indian oceans, Norway, UK, Western Europe, Canary Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, South America. Prices started from USD 9550 pp, with up to USD 10,000 savings per suite offered on bookings made by April 30, 2019.
However, due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, the Maiden Voyage was first rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day Japan itinerary from Tokyo to Kobe), then for August 18 (Northwest Passage along Russia's Arctic coast), and finally for July 17 (10-night Iceland circumnavigation from homeport Reykjavik).
- Bookings for the "Luxury Iceland Expeditions" (Around Iceland voyages/inaugural season 2021 from July 17 through August 26 / 4 departures) opened on April 13, 2021. The Iceland itinerary visited Flatey Island, Latrabjarg (promontory), Vigur Island, Akureyri, Husavik, Grimsey Island, fjord cruising (Arnarfjordur, Vopnafjordur, Seydisfjordur, Patreksfjordur, Raudasandur, Borgarfjodur Eystri, Thingvellir National Park), Heimaey, Surtsey Island.
- On May 20, 2021, was opened for booking the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" (September 5-15) - the repositioning North-Atlantic crossing from Reykjavik to Tromso Norway. The itinerary's ports included Iceland's Reykjavik (embarkation), Westfjords (Arnarfjordur's Dynjandi Waterfall), Akureyri, and Seydisfjordur, and Norway's Olden (overnight), Sandane, Nordfjordeid, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Vikingen Island, Reine, Tromso (debarkation). Fares started at USD 14000 pp, including the promos "Book Now Savings" ($3000), "As You Wish" OBC ($300 pp onboard credit), "Crystal Society Savings" (5%), first-time customers (2,5%), solo cruisers (150% single supplement).
The yacht's 2022 itinerary program was opened for booking on November 13 (2019) with prices from USD 6300 pp. It offered a total of 28 cruises (9- to 19-night itineraries) with ~2/3 of these advertised as "Remote Expeditions" to Antarctica, Arctic, Svalbard Norway, Greenland, Iceland, Falkland Islands, Chilean Patagonia (fjords and glaciers). Of the remaining voyages, the "Cultural Discovery" group are themed on the region's history, traditions and people, while "Destination Exploration" is themed on nature. These itineraries visit Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa), Western Europe (also UK and British Isles), Panama Canal, Caribbean.
The ship's 2023-2024 schedule (thru January 2024) was announced in June 2021. Prices for the Early Booking Promo (2-for-1) started from USD 7500 pp (EUR 6320 / GBP 5430). Program 2023-24 included 27 itineraries (ranging 10- to 28-nights) and destinations like Antarctica (Ross Sea, The Falklands, South Georgia), South America, Atlantic islands (Cape Verde, Canaries), Europe's Mediterranean, Atlantic Coast; UK (British Isles), Iceland, Faroe Islands, Arctic Norway (Svalbard), Arctic Russia (Franz Josef Land, Novaya Zemlya), Northeast Passage, Asia (Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia/Raja Ampat), Australia.
Crystal Endeavor - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal EndeavorAdd Photo
Crystal Endeavor ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises' newest ship - the 200-passenger superyacht Crystal Endeavor, is already operating her maiden voyage, a 10-night Iceland...July 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On July 10, Crystal Endeavor, which is the first Germany-made PC6-class luxury expedition yacht, sailed out of MV WERFTEN shipyard in Stralsund...July 12, 2021
- Cruise Industry
GHK-Genting Hong Kong announced plans to build and manage a series of newbuild cruise ships on behalf of world-renown hotel brands. Speaking at the...July 7, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Expedition Cruises' newest yacht Crystal Endeavor was christened on Saturday, June 26, at MV Werften in Stralsund Germany. Mecklenburg...June 27, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Expedition Cruises announced the successful completion of the 2nd and final sea trials for its new luxury superyacht Crystal Endeavor, thus...May 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced the next journey for the line's new expedition yacht Crystal Endeavor, an itinerary exploring Iceland, the “Land of...May 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced the addition of 15 new Caribbean voyages departing roundtrip from St. Maarten Island (Philipsburg, Dutch Antilles) aboard...May 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium travel brand Crystal Cruises announced a partnership with COA-California Ocean Alliance - an organization dedicated to "cutting...April 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced it will deploy its newest and most expensive vessel, Crystal Endeavor, on her first Crystal Expedition Cruise, a 10-day...April 7, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The GHK-owned, ultra-premium brand Crystal Cruises announced that it had updated its new health and safety protocols to require all passengers to be...February 19, 2021
- show more news
Other Crystal Yacht Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Endeavor Wiki
On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften (Stralsund, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).
On August 21, 2018, was held vessel's keel-laying ceremony, attended by Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The vessel's launch (float-out from drydock) was on December 23, 2019, with planned delivery to Crystal Cruises Inc (USA) and shipowner Genting International Plc (Malaysia) on June 30, 2020. Ship's Captain (Master) is Thomas Larsen. The inaugural cruise season starts on August 10, 2020, from Tokyo Japan.
This is the world's first newbuild superyacht designed as a polar-class P6 passenger ship. Its name honors "HMS Endeavor" - British Royal Navy sail ship used by James Cook (1728-1779) on his first Pacific Ocean voyage (1769-1771) to Terra Australis Incognita / Australia New Zealand, reaching Australia (Botany Bay) in April 1770.
On December 23, 2019, the shipowner GHK put Crystal Endeavor on sale (sale-and-leaseback) for EUR 350 million (~USD 390M), with interest rate 7%. Soon GHK announced that the new ship will be sold to SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING (Societe en Nom Collectif ENDEAVOR LEASING) - a 2019-founded French joint venture owned by CAFI HESTER and DOUMER FINANCE. Both companies are part of Credit Agricole Group - Montrouge France-based French bank cooperative, currently ranked the world's largest cooperative financial institution (reported revenue ~EUR 30,43 billion / ~USD 34B for FY2016).
Within 5 days after the acquisition deal is signed, SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING will pay GHK EUR 280 million, while the remaining balance will be paid upon vessel's delivery from the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft (part of MV Werften). For Crystal Endeavor, GHK also signed two agreements - bareboat charter (for chartering the yacht) and share purchase (future option to acquire the vessel after the lease expires). In late-September 2019, GHK sold Genting Dream (2016-built liner) via a sale-and-leaseback deal. The liner was sold for USD 900 million (~EUR 805M) or 80% of its market value (USD 1,18 billion). The liner was immediately bareboat chartered (leased back to GHK) for 12 years and will be purchased back by GHK in 2031.
However, on December 20, 2020, GHK announced that the plan to sell and lease back Crystal Endeavor had been terminated. Blaming the economic impact of the Coronavirus crisis, GHK officially announced that "the Purchaser and the Seller mutually agreed and entered into a termination agreement to terminate the Acquisition Contract and Subordinated Loan Agreement".
In early-April 2020, were canceled the first 6 scheduled for Crystal Endeavor itineraries due to postponed delivery. The delay was a result of the temporary shutdown of the shipbuilding yard (Lloyd Werft) due to the global Coronavirus pandemic. The canceled cruises included the maiden voyage (Aug 10), which was rescheduled for Nov 14. In early-June 2020, Crystal Yacht Cruises canceled the remainder of Crystal Endeavor's 2020 program, and in December were canceled 8 more itineraries (in Australia-New Zealand and also repositioning cruises). The decision was based on international travel restrictions, including Australia's and New Zealand's bans for cruise ships. For more information see the ship's CruiseMinus page.
The new ship successfully completed Baltic Sea trials between May 20 (leaving at 13:14 UTC) and May 23 (arriving at 17:31 UTC), roundtrip from Stralsund Germany.
- The sea trials were conducted for testing the boat's performance, engines, systems, machinery.
- The crash-stop test (from max speed 20 Knots to zero - 37 kph/23 mph to 0) resulted in ~4 ship lengths (the boat fully stopped within 660 m / 2165 ft) compared to the required 10 ship lengths (1800 m / 5900 ft). The maneuverability tests (including full-circle turning) also exceeded the standards. Noise and vibration levels were also lower than the required (-10% noises, -80% vibrations).
The ship's first Captain was Thomas Larsen. The technical delivery (from Lloyd Werft to Crystal Cruises) was on May 27.
In mid-June 2021, PALFINGER Marine announced a contract with MV Werften to supply special equipment for the vessel. The package included 2x tender boats, 2x lifeboats, 2x rescue boats (model FRSQ 630), 3x shipboard cranes, as well as the boats' davit systems.
- The lifting equipment (hydraulic loader cranes) included 1x electric overhead crane (model PK-18502-SH) and 2x foldable knuckle boom cranes (model PK-29002). Crystal Endeavor yacht's two foldable cranes (portside and starboard) are used for launching and recovering the tenders (large-capacity boats for passenger transportation in destinations without port infrastructure). The electric crane is for the cruise ship's submarines (used for underwater tours).
- used on cruise ships for fast loading-unloading of provisions, cargoes, tools, equipment
- PALFINGER Marine (division of PALFINGER AG) is a Salzburg Austria-based manufacturing company that specializes in deck equipment and lifesaving appliances (hydraulic lifting-loading-handling systems).
- The company is the largest in the world by market share (35%) and has ~150 crane models.
- PALFINGER Group owns 84 companies (11100+ employees) and 33 manufacturing-assembly sites (in 32 countries).
On June 25, 2021, Crystal Cruises announced that the Endeavor's godmother will be Manuela Schwesig (1974-born) - SPD politician (Social Democratic Party) and the first female Ministerprasidentin (Minister-President/Prime Minister) of Germany's Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state. The vessel's christening ceremony was on June 26, held at MV Werften's Shipyard in Stralsund. The naming ceremony was live-streamed and attended by Peter Altmaier (Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Peter Fetten and Carsten Haake (MV Werften's Managing Directors), Colin Au (Genting Hong Kong/GHK's Group President). The boat left Stralsund on July 10, bound for Iceland.
The superyacht's Maiden Voyage was later rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day from Tokyo to Kobe) and priced from USD 16540 pp with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 May 19:00||Departing from Tokyo, Japan|
|17 May||Muroran, Japan|
|18 May||Hakodate, Japan|
|19 May||Sado Island, Ryotsu, Japan|
|20 May - 21 May||Kanazawa, Japan|
|22 May||Sakaiminato, Japan|
|23 May||Pohang, South Korea|
|24 May||Hamada, Japan|
|24 May||Nagato, Senzaki, Japan|
|25 May||Itsukushima Island, Miyajima, Japan|
|25 May - 26 May||Hiroshima, Japan|
|27 May||Okayama, Japan|
|28 May||Arriving in Kobe, Osaka-Kyoto, Japan|
All affected/canceled bookings were provided with full monetary refund or 125% refund in FCC (future cruise credit) with rebooking on any Crystal Cruises ship and itinerary through 2023.
The new Maiden Voyage (July 18, 2021) was a 10-night roundtrip from Reykjavik, and one of the 5x "Iceland Circumnavigation" itineraries planned for the summer. The mini-season in Iceland ended on September 5th, with the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" relocation itinerary from Reykjavík to Tromso Norway.
Next table shows the unique 28-day "Northeast Passage" cruise part of the yacht's 2021 summer program. Prices started from USD 50070 per person (EUR 41205 pp) with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Aug 17:00||Departing from Anadyr, Russia|
|19 Aug||Provideniya, Chukotka Russia|
|20 Aug||Uelen, Chukotka Russia|
|21 Aug||Kolyuchin Island, Chukotka Russia|
|22 Aug - 24 Aug||Anadyr, Russia|
|25 Aug||Ayon Island, Chukotka Russia|
|26 Aug||Bear Islands, Arctic Russia|
|28 Aug - 29 Aug||New Siberian Islands, Arctic Russia|
|01 Sep - 02 Sep||Severnaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|03 Sep - 05 Sep||Franz Josef Land, Arctic Russia|
|06 Sep||Novaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|10 Sep||Arkhangelsk, Arctic Russia|
|11 Sep||Solovetsky Islands, Solovki, Arctic Russia|
|13 Sep||Murmansk, Arctic Russia|
|14 Sep||Honningsvag, Mageroya Island, Norway|
|15 Sep||Arriving in Tromso, Norway|
Crystal Endeavor User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review