Crystal Endeavor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Endeavor
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Bremerhaven) Germany|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||USD 195 million|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Yacht Cruises|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19800 gt|
Review of Crystal Endeavor
Launched in 2020, Crystal Endeavor cruise ship is a polar class mega-yacht and Crystal Yacht Cruises newest vessel - with fleetmate Crystal Esprit (1991). Endeavor is world's first purpose-built cruise yacht with P6 polar-class designation.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
The 200-passenger polar cruise ship was launched by Crystal Yacht Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) in August 2018. Vessel's steel cutting ceremony was in May 2016. The ship has its own ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle), which is an equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar expedition itineraries, the ROV is used for exploring sunken vessels (warships, galleons, passenger ships).
The megayacht derived her name from HME Endeavor, which is the research ship used by Captain James Cook to discover Australia New Zealand.
Cruise itinerary program
Crystal Endeavor itinerary program includes as destinations Arctic and Antarctica (during winter), the Americas, Europe, Pacific and Atlantic islands, Russian Far East, Australia, New Zealand. Itineraries as length range 12-22 days. Tropical wildlands are also included as the cruise yacht seasonally repositions to warm destinations. The list of inaugural cruise itineraries has 12 unique itineraries.
- August 10, 2020 "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo
- August 27, 2020 "Japan’s Cultural and Coastal Discovery", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo
- September 13, 2020 "Island Explorations of Japan", 16-day from Tokyo to Taipei Taiwan
- September 29, 2020 "Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali
- October 15, 2020 "Indonesian Immersive and The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day from Bali to Cairns
- October 31, 2020 "Australian Offshore and The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney
- November 4, 2020 "Tasmania and The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch
- November 28, 2020 "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland
- December 10, 2020 "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch
- December 22, 2020 "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand and Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania
- January 6, 2021 "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart Tasmania to Christchurch
- January 28, 2021 "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
Crystal Endeavor cruises (ianaugural season August 2020 - January 2021) were open for booking in late-August 2018. Fares started from USD 12,750 per person.
The ship carries 200 passengers in 100 suites, ranging from 400 ft2 (Deluxe) to 3120 ft2 (Owner). Each of the two Owner's Suites offers 150 m2 interior space plus the most generous 150 m2 balcony. These can be connected to Penthouse for combined footage of 3930 ft2 (365 m2). Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory, in-cabin spa and gym with steam room, sauna and private treatment room, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi, in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Crystal Endeavor offers six dining venues, including a main dining room, outdoor café, self-serve snack spot, grill and 24-hour room service. Crystal Endeavor's dining experience remains true to the standard of world-class cuisine and diverse menus offered on all Crystal River, Ocean and Yacht vessels, with all-inclusive dining, premium spirits and fine wines offered throughout.
Specialty restaurants onboard include Umi Uma, serving sushi and specialties by Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, and Prego, which offers traditional Italian fare, and hosts Crystal’s “Vintage Room” winemaker dinners. Additionally, Crystal Endeavor features the elegant main dining room, Waterside, Asian-inspired Silk Kitchen & Bar, situated in the 2-story solarium during the evenings, and European-inspired Bistro Cafe, which offers full service breakfast and lunch and is a go-to spot for teas and freshly brewed espresso.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours, operates as self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Waterside (main dining room)
- Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian)
- Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, offers full service breakfast and lunch)
- Compass Room (wine bar, specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with “Modern Tasting” and “Classic” menus, offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties, food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club’s outdoor extension/alternative restaurant, features light food menu choices, offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Umi Uma (sushi and specialties by Nobu Matsuhisa)
- Prego (traditional Italian fare)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Crystal Endeavor offers personalised services along with 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio. This ultra-luxury yacht has its own fleet of 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, 2 submarines (7-person mini subs), 2 helicopters (for flight tours) and 2 landing pads (helipads). The ship provides complimentary jet skis, seakayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling-scuba diving equipment, recompression chamber, multi-person ATVs. Passengers can also experience a ride on Endeavour's SEABOB, the most technically advanced underwater scooter in the world.
The vessel is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (“first year” ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems (DPS - dynamic positioning system) in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers), even in adverse weather conditions. This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
At Palm Court Lounge are offered afternoon tea service, dancing, specialty cocktails, onboard enrichment lectures, media presentations, classes, evening entertainment. Other social spaces include the only Casino Lounge on an expedition yacht, Connoisseur Club (cigar / smoking lounge) Crystal Cove where guests gather for guest speakers, pre-dinner drinks and late-night entertainment.
Enrichment venues include the Library, Captain’s Lounge, Expedition Lounge and Helicopter Lounge. The Promenade stretches from Crystal Cove to the Waterside and is a more intimate spot to enjoy cocktails and spectacular views. Crystal’s onboard boutique shops, Apropos and Facets, provide designer and fine jewelry shopping.
Wellness options include a fully-equipped fitness center. The dedicated "Crystal Life Spa and Salon" wellness complex covers an area of 930 m2 (10,000 ft2) and has gym room, full-service spa with 3 treatment rooms, unisex steam rooms and saunas, jacuzzis, relaxation room and full-service salon services. The 2-story solarium pool deck is enclosed under the glass-domed roof. The expansive mud rooms accommodate preparation for the adventures of the day and offer cleaning of equipment and boots upon guests’ return from a day full of exploration.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Connoisseur Club cigar lounge
- Crystal Cove
- The Library, Captain’s Lounge, Expedition Lounge, Helicopter Lounge
- Spa and Conservatory (10,000 ft2 area providing full-service spa, salon, wellness centre, jacuzzis, yoga and pilates)
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to convert it into alfresco dining area / dance floor)
- Theatre (200 seats)
- Lecture rooms, Cinema, Card Room, Casino
- Computer Centre.
Crystal Endeavor wiki
- On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).
- On August 21, 2018, was held ship's keel-laying ceremony, attended by Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel.
This is world's first newbuild mega-yacht designed as polar-class P6 passenger vessel. Its name honors HMS Endeavor - British Royal Navy sail ship used by James Cook (1728-1779) on his first Pacific Ocean voyage (1769-1771) to Terra Australis Incognita / Australia New Zealand, reaching Australia (Botany Bay) in April 1770.
Crystal Endeavor - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal EndeavorAdd Photo
Crystal Endeavor ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The most adventurous luxury travelers in the world can already book their next trip with Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises, as the company opened...August 27, 2018
- Cruise Industry
An official keel-laying ceremony was held for Crystal Cruises' expedition yacht Crystal Endeavor on August 21, 2018. The cruise line celebrated the...August 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises unveiled the itineraries for its newest luxury mega-yacht Crystal Endeavor. The 200-passenger ship will sail...August 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal unveiled design details for Crystal Endeavor, its upcoming expedition yacht, for Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises. Crystal’s...April 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises revealed new features of its new polar class expedition vessel, Crystal Endeavor. The ship, which will feature 100 suites when...March 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises is downsizing its 3 "Exclusive" class boutique ships, and removing the private luxury residences which would have occupied the top...February 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
MV Werften celebrated the start of the construction on Crystal’s newest luxury expedition yacht, Crystal Endeavor, via the cutting of the first...January 16, 2018
- show more news