Princess Cruises fleet
Review of Princess Cruises
Princess cruise line is a premium brand and a subsidiary company of the “Carnival group of influence”, or one of the ten cruise ship lines owned by the world’s biggest cruise company Carnival Corporation & PLC. As part of the conglomerate, the Princess line brings around a fifth of its revenue.
The Princess Cruises history began in 1965, when the company was founded by Stanley McDonald who chartered an Alaskan cruise ship MS Princess Patricia for sailings to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles during the vessel’s off-season – the winter. Then in 1965 a new ship was chartered to the Princess line – MS Italia, with a modern design and numerous innovations allowing more spacious upper decks and larger public areas amid-ship by placing the engines far in the rear.
The new “Princess Italia” again operated the Mexican Riviera from LA (the Princess logo on the ship’s funnel.was placed for the first time in 1967). In 1969 the ship made its inaugural season in Alaska with round-trip itineraries starting from San Francisco. When the Italia ship’s charter ended in 1973, Princess chartered the Carla C ship from Costa Cruises (the ship was unofficially renamed “Princess Carla”).
Princess company’s new history began in 1974 when the company was acquired by P&O. The new owner transferred its “Spirit of London” ship (renamed as “Sun Princess”) and 3 more ships specifically bought from “Flagship Cruises” for the Princess brand – “Sea Venture” (to become “Island Princess”), “Island Venture” (“Pacific Princess”) and the Kungsholm liner (“Sea Princess”). The first newly built and specifically for Princess ship was MS Royal Princess (1984, she also served Princess under the name “Artemis”).
An important company asset is the “Princess Tours” Alaska division (acquired in 1986) with 10 luxury rail-cars for scenic tours of Mt McKinley and capacity of over 700 guests per day. With the acquisition of the Sitmar Line in 1988, the P&O line added to the Princess brand 3 more ships (then under construction) – Star Princess (1989), and in 1990 – Crown Princess and Regal Princess, plus 2 former Cunard liners (to become Dawn Princess and Fair Princess) and the Sitmar’s “Fairsky” ship (to become Sky Princess).
The new “P&O Princess Cruises” company was established in 2000 (October 23), which subsequently merged with Carnival Corp in 2003 (April 17) into Carnival Corporation & plc. The merger was an USD 5,4 billion dollars deal which created the largest cruise company in the world ever, incorporating 11 different brand lines (subsidiaries).
Currently, the Princess cruise line is transferred to the Carnival’s American division, but the line’s marketing and sales in UK are under Carnival plc (aka Carnival UK, also responsible for the Cunard Line’s management). The world’s most romantic attention the Princess Cruises line received by the participation of its ships (first Island and Pacific, and later Royal, Sun and Sea princesses) in the filmed aboard actual ships “The Love Boat” TV-series aired on ABC network from 1977 until 1986. In May 2013, the newest Princess ship Royal Princess became company's flagship.
In May 2018, the cast of "The Love Boat" (ABC TV series run 1977-1986) and Princess Cruises were presented a Hollywood Walk of Fame star plaque. The honorary plaque is located in front of Dolby Theater's main entrance on Hollywood Blvd. Following the pilot show (May 5, 1977), the cruise ship-themed series continued for 10 seasons (until May 24, 1986). The Princess brand became famous and commonly known as "the Love Boat cruise line". In the series were used the Princess-owned ships Island Princess (scrapped in 2017 as "Discovery"), Royal Princess (now Artania) and Sea Princess (scrapped in 2016 as Veronica) cruising to exotic destinations around the world.
Princess' cruising experience
One of the most famous features of the Princess Cruises line is its revolutionary new “Personal Choice Cruising” program – an unstructured and individualized approach to the ship vacation travel by the innovative concept of “if you want it – when you want it”. The Princess line’s style of ship travel provides an exceptional feeling of choice and flexibility with the idea to give its guests the opportunity to customize their ship vacation in a way that most fits their personal interests and desires. Implemented in the mid 90s with the line’s new Sun-class ships, this unique concept of passengers being in control of their voyages and vacation experiences was realized by multiple dining venues on board, flexible entertainment options and the idea of cheap affordable private balcony staterooms.
In April 2016, Princess Cruises officially signed an agreement for 2 new cruise ships, due for delivery in 2019 and 2020. The 4th and 5th Royal-class vessels will be constructed as part of a previously announced agreement between Carnival Corporation (the line's parent company), and Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri Italy.
The still unnamed 3,560-passenger vessels will join sister ships Majestic Princess (scheduled to debut in China summer 2017), Regal Princess and Royal Princess. They will include Princess Cruises staples such as Movies Under the Stars, the Piazza and balconies in 80% of the staterooms, as well as introduce "new to the line" features.
Carnival Corporation has a total of 16 cruise ships scheduled for delivery between 2016 and 2020. Princess has not yet revealed where the newbuilds will be based.
These are 4th and 5th Royal-class ships (same design as Royal,Regal and Majestic) being constructed at the Monfalcone shipyard as part of a previous agreement between the parent company Carnival Corporation and the shipbuilder Fincantieri. At that time, Carnival Corporation had a total of 16 shipbuilding orders, with scheduled deliveries between 2016 and 2020. Both (still unnamed) 3560-passenger vessels feature Movies Under the Stars, Piazza Atrium, 80% balconied staterooms, plus some "new to the line" features.
In the end of January 2017, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced 2 more shipbuilding orders. The new ships were ordered for the fleets of Princess (Royal-class) and Holland America Line (Pinnacle-class). The announcement said Carnival had signed a MoA (memorandum of agreement) with Fincantieri to construct both vessels, with scheduled delivery in 2021 (for HAL, at Marghera yard) and 2022 (for Princess, at Monfalcone yard). By the time when both shipbuilding contracts were finalized (February 2017), Carnival Corporation had a total of 19 new ships scheduled for delivery between 2017 and 2022.
The Royal-class vessels are the first passenger ships constructed entirely in compliance with IMO's "safe return to port" requirements.
In July 2018 were ordered 2 new-class (larger than Royal-Class) liners with GT tonnage 175,000 and passenger capacity 4300. These are fleet's first dual-fuel (MGO and LNG) powered ships. The shipbuilder is Fincantieri (Monfalcone shipyard), with scheduled deliveries in 2023 and 2025.
By 2019, during ship refurbishments (part of company's USD 450 million fleet renovation program), over 45,000 "Princess Luxury Beds" will be rolled out fleetwide - to over 22000 staterooms (all liners). Princess Luxury Bed implements latest sleep science technology and research and was developed in partnership with Dr Michael Breus (aka The Sleep Doctor) and Canadian designer Candice Olson.
Cruisetours / Shore Excursions
Since 2017, Princess Cruises offers "Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee" for tours in all ports of call. The program was launched fleetwide in Dec 2016 and guarantees if passengers booking through Princess find the same tour / excursion elsewhere at a lower price, they will receive 110% of the difference as non-refundable OBC (onboard credit). In such cases, an email request must be submitted at least 7 days prior to departure (at email@example.com) to be reviewed by company's Shore Excursion team. Within 2 business days, booked passengers are notified if their request meets the criteria.
- "Best Price Guarantee" applies only to tours / shore excursions that are publicly available (priced online).
- "Best Price Guarantee" applies to all excursions, excepting those in Asia and also excepting private vehicle / driver excursions in all ports.
- Princess Shore Excursions program offers over 4,000 land tours / excursions in 360 destinations and over 150 itineraries.
- "Discovery" and "Animal Planet" themed excursions are also available as part of the new "Discovery at Sea" cruisetour program (via an exclusive partnership with Discovery Communications). These tours are unique, can't be booked independently and are available only through Princess. The program includes over 1,000 such tours worldwide.
Princess cruise gratuities (2017-2018 cruises)
Daily gratuities are per person (pp):
- USD 13,50 pp (interior, oceanview, balcony staterooms, both adults and kids)
- USD 14,50 pp (mini-suites, Club Class)
- USD 15,50 (suites)
- Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger's onboard account each day.
- Passengers can prepay gratuities.
- The amount of gratuities is split between the ship's staff (dining, housekeeping, cabin stewards).
Princess Cruises bear mascot Stanley
Since summer 2017, Princess Cruises ships feature a most special onboard attraction - the company's mascot bear Stanley.
The sensationally cute bear mascot was named in a Facebook contest with over 9,000 entries,
- The mascot's name honors Stanley McDonald (1920-2014). In 1965 he founded Princess Cruises and expanded it into one of the world's largest cruise ship companies. In 1975, he sold Princess to P&O Cruises (back then named "Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company") and remained its Chairman until 1980.
- As the bear fell in love with ship cruising, he decided to skip winter hibernation and became a stowaway. So since 2017 Stanley travels around the world on all Princess ships.
- Stanley also made "surprise" appearances on the company's "Chinese ship" Majestic Princess in July 2017 during the inaugural festivities in Shanghai China. From China, Stanley the Bear embarked on all Princess itineraries.
- During the day, the Princess' "cruise ship bear" wears themed apparel, which is tied to the ship's current itinerary destination. On Alaskan cruises that would be his lumberjack outfit. In China he wears a traditional Tang suit and cap. In Japan he wears a Yukata outfit. On formal nights, the bear dresses up in the Captain’s uniform.
- The Stanley bear appears on all Princess ships. He interacts with passengers through various entertainment activities with engaging photo opportunities. Stanley also holds storytime hours for kids at the ship's youth facilities.
- On the ship, passengers can participate in the daily contest “Where on the ship is Stanley”. The mascot is also present on the special Welcome Aboard shows throughout the voyage.
- Souvenir Stanley bear plush toys are available for purchasing on the ship 0 in the onboard shopping arcade "Shops of Princess". The toy's price is USD 25. A portion of the proceeds from the toy's sales go to "Princess Animal Welfare Sponsor".
- Princess cruise ship passengers can share their travel adventures with Stanley using the social hashtag #StanleyAtSea.
Itinerary of Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises offers travelers the complete package including comfortable accommodations, comprehensive on board entertainment, options for families with children and, of course, incredible shore excursions. As it was founded in 1965, the Princess Cruises company has been able to refine their itinerary selection, and now you can sail to destinations all over the world with a vast array of diverse itineraries.
The impressive selection presents over 160 itineraries that reach over 300 ports all around the globe, with sailings ranging from 7 to 100+ days on Princess World tours. The list of Princess cruise destinations include Alaska, Europe (and UK), the whole Caribbean, Bermuda, regular Panama Canal crossing cruises, the Mexican Riviera, South America and the Pacific Islands (with Hawaii and Tahiti), Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Canada and New England.
|Ship Name||Homeports||Itineraries Changes|
NEWS: Golden Princess joins PandO AU's fleet in 2020.
The new ship enters service on October 20, 2019, starting with an inaugural Mediterranean season in Europe. It includes all 10 voyages with 8 different as call ports itineraries.
The maiden voyage (October 20) is a 7-night Adriatic and Mediterranean itinerary, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona, and visiting Kotor Montenegro, Corfu Greece, Messina Sicily (Italy), Naples Italy.
In November 2019, the ship offers a Transatlantic repositioning cruise (Nov 17 - Dec 1) from Europe to Florida-Caribbean (14-day crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale).
Starting December 2019 Sky Princess operates 7-night Caribbean voyages from Fort Lauderdale FL, kicking off with a 3-day roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale FL departing on December 4, 2019. The ship then sails on alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises round-trip from Fort Lauderdale from December 7, 2019 through April 4, 2020.
Alaskan cruise itineraries
Playing with sled dog puppies on a cruise ship is probably the last thing one would ever imagine doing. However, it is one of the new activities available to guests on Princess Cruises Alaska itineraries. The North to Alaska enrichment program of the line, which debuted last year, gives passengers the chance to take pictures and interact with baby sled dogs in the atrium area. The dog handlers are on hand to talk about the unique Alaskan sport.
The "Puppies in the Piazza" experience is available on all Princess Alaskan cruise itineraries. Also new is the chance to taste your own catch of the day for dinner. New fishing excursions allow passengers to select their preferred preparation by the ship's culinary team.
Additionally, cruisetour guests can meet mountain climbers (who have conquered Mt Denali) in the Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge (Denali State Park). Outside the lodge they can see a retired airplane.
Fishing and sled dog puppies activities are both complimentary. The Lodge's Denali show costs USD 20 per person. Princess' new "North to Alaska" cruise program is available on the "Alaskan ships" Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Ruby Princess and Star Princess.
Company's 2018 Alaskan program featured the custom-designed wilderness treehouse built at Mt.McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. The treehouse allows guests to view Mt Denali while enjoying themed activities.
The treehouse was built during the Discovery Channel's Animal Planet episode "Treehouse Masters", premiered in fall 2017. It was the first-ever treehouse in Alaska designed and built by Pete Nelson. It is powered by solar panels, providing Princess cruise ship tourists one-of-a-kind "Alaskan land tour" experiences. Sized approx 500 ft2 (46 m2), the treehouse can be accessed by hiking the "hill trail loop".
Canada and New England cruise itineraries
Princess Cruises Canada and New England itinerary program offers fall foliage-themed voyages to iconic Atlantic Coast port destinations. The 2018 program was represented by two of the company's newest ships – Regal Princess and Royal Princess, departing from Quebec (overnight) and NYC New York.
Two new cruisetours were also introduced - "Historic America" (Thomas Jefferson's Monticello estate, Colonial Williamsburg, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Gettysburg Battlefield) and "Maple Explorer (Niagra Falls, Montreal, Thousand Islands scenic cruise).
Princess Cruises Canada & New England 2019 cruise season features Caribbean Princess and Regal Princess on the line’s largest fall deployment and the chance to visit Greenland roundtrip from New York City on Caribbean Princess. 2019 Canada & New England program offers 3 ships with 16 departures, visiting a total of 16 destinations on 7 unique itineraries with 3 late night ports and 2 overnight ports plus access to 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
2019 Canada & New England highlights include:
- 5-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway from New York on Regal Princess.
- 7-day Canada and New England cruises departing on Saturdays out of New York on Regal Princess.
- 13-day Canada and Colonial America cruises departing both in summer and fall between Ft Lauderdale and Quebec on Caribbean Princess, with overnights in Quebec.
- New 16-day Greenland and Canada cruise round-trip from New York City on Caribbean Princess, visiting 3 ports in Greenland and 3 in Canada.
- New 24-day Canada and New England cruise round-trip from Southampton (London) on Sapphire Princess, with an overnight in New York and a maiden visit to Rockland, Maine
- More departures of the 10-day Classic Canada and New England cruises, including one in August, from Quebec and New York onboard Caribbean Princess.
- Late-night stay in Saguenay and Boston on every Quebec to New York 10-day Classic Canada and New England onboard Caribbean Princess
- Access to UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Statue of Liberty, Old Town Lunenburg, Historic District of Old Quebec, Landscape of Grand Pre.
To further enhance cruise vacations, Princess offers a choice of 2 options on the East Coast to see Niagara Falls or the sites of colonial America and the best of Eastern Canada:
- Historic America Cruisetour takes passengers to important places like Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello estate, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, the Gettysburg Battlefield and Colonial Williamsburg.
- Maple Explorer Cruisetour brings passengers to exciting cities, such as French-flavored Montreal and the capital of Ottawa with guided tours of Canadian Museum of History, huge cathedrals and historic 19th century Rideau Canal, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Passengers will be treated to a lovely voyage through the Thousand Islands.
European cruise itineraries
For season 2018, Princess Cruises introduced the “Local Connections” program, designed to connect passengers with authentic resident experts. Among the program's highlights were the British Isles itineraries on Royal Princess (leaving roundtrip from France and UK / Paris-Le Havre and Southampton). For season 2018, Princess deployed in Europea 5 ships visiting 115 destinations, with 57 unique itineraries and 168 departures visiting 35 countries. Europea 2018's overnights (all 32 ports) included Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Venice.
2019 cruise season features 5 ships sailing to 130 destinations from the Mediterranean corners to the northernmost of Europe. Passengers can choose from 85 itineraries on 211 departures, visiting 37 different countries, with 30 ports of call with longer time ashore, including 5 ports with overnights. 2019 Princess Cruises highlights include:
- New 24-night "Canada and New England" roundtrip cruise from Southampton, visiting Boston, Charlottetown, and staying overnight in New York.
- New 12-night "Search for the Northern Lights" sailing roundtrip from Southampton, calling at ports including Tromso, Stavanger and staying overnight in Alta.
- New 14-night "Mediterranean Explorer" sailing roundtrip from Southampton visiting Portimao, Ajaccio, Cadiz, Carcassonne, Ceuta.
- New 18-night Greenland and Iceland cruise, roundtrip from Dover, visiting Akureyri, Isafjordur, Nanortalik, Reykjavik, Qaqortoq.
- Overnight stays in Dublin, Venice, St Petersburg, Alta, New York.
- The first roundtrip Dublin season onboard Crown Princess, 11 British Isles sailings.
- Maiden call to Rockland.
Asian and Australian cruise itineraries
For season 2018-2019, Princess homeports 4 ships in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific, also introducing there the new Majestic Princess (September 2018 through March 2019). The fleet's newest vessel operates on 6- to 13-days itineraries leaving from Auckland and Sydney NSW to South Pacific destinations like NZ, Tasmania, Fiji and other South Pacific islands. The 4 Princess Australia cruise ships are homeported in all 6 cities for a total of 95 departures on 50 unique itineraries (over 70 destinations and 18 different countries). To enhance the Australian cruising vacation experience, Princess offers two new cruisetours - "Australian Outback" (themed on Aboriginal culture, visiting Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock / Uluru National Park) and "Ultimate Australia" (Ayers Rock, Great Barrier Reef, Darwin, and Cairns).
Princess Cruises offers an expansive schedule of cruises for fall 2019-spring 2020 season. Special departures include a chance to see the Annular Solar Eclipse off Malaysia's coast on December 26, 2019 and New Year’s Eve late-evening departure out of Hong Kong. With 45 departures from November 2019 through May 2020, Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess take passengers to experience the exotic cultures of Japan, China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, South Korea, and more.
Diamond Princess sails out of Japan in search of fall colors around Honshu, Kyushu and Shikoku. The ship also sails to Taiwan and Ryukyu Islands as well as between Singapore and Tokyo over the holidays. A 15-day departure to Hong Kong, Taiwan and beyond is available on January 20, 2019 over Lunar New Year. Sapphire Princess, homeported in Singapore, sails to Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, for the season. The unique chance for the Annular Eclipse departs December 17, 2019.
Itinerary highlights for Asia season 2019-2020 include:
- Two cruise ships, Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess, both built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagasaki, Japan.
- A choice of 23 itineraries that range in length from 3 to 25 days.
- Calls at 33 destinations in a total of 11 countries with opportunities to experience ten UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- More Ashore late-night stays in 8 ports, including overnight stays in Hong Kong on Japan and Southeast Asia cruises.
2018-2019 "Exotics" itinerary program
The new 2018-2019 "Exotics" cruise itinerary program takes passengers to iconic and culturally rich destinations around the world. The program offers over 50 departures (ranging in length from 3 to 111 days) and a fleet of 6 ships. The all 27 unique itineraries are throughout 5 continents, visiting a total of 93 destinations in 47 different countries.
- Royal Princess sails on a 49-day "South America Grand Adventure" itinerary around Cape Horn. It is Princess' largest ship ever to visit South America.
- Coral Princess sails on a 60-day "Circle North Pacific" itinerary roundtrip from Los Angeles, to a total of 22 destinations in 8 countries (includiing Alaska, Hawaii, Asia).
- Pacific Princess sails on the 111-day World Cruise circumnavigating Africa's Cape of Good Hope.
- Two new (14- and 15-day) "Grand Asia" itineraries on Sapphire Princess are offered from Singapore and Shanghai.
- The program also features more evening port and overnights on itineraries in 18 call ports on 5 continents.
Princess's 2018-2019 "Exotics" itinerary program offers:
- Asia: Diamond Princess, Sapphire Princess and Coral Princess are the three ships that guests may choose from, sailing 18 itineraries to a total of 34 destinations, from 4 homeports with 31 departures, ranging from 3 to 60 days.
- South America: Emerald Princess and Royal Princess: In South America, a couple of ships sailing 7 itineraries to 25 destinations out of 4 homeports, with 15 departures ranging between 14-49 days are offered.
- World Cruise: Pacific Princess: Pacific Princess sails on a 111-day World Cruise voyage roundtrip from LA / Fort Lauderdale, with a total of 41 destinations, in 27 countries on 5 continents, with a circumnavigation around Cape of Good Hope with overnights in Singapore and Cape Town.
2019 Summer Destinations
A new booking offer by Princess on 2019 summer itineraries to some of the most popular destinations in the world, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and Japan, offers up to US$1,000 free onboard spending money per stateroom with line's Landmark Sale. In addition, passengers book with 10% refundable deposit during the sale.
In Alaska passengers enjoy the Great Land with the North to Alaska program, offering opportunities to celebrate like a local, eat like a local and learn from locals like Libby Riddles, the first woman to win Iditarod. The summer festival season in Japan is not to be missed, and Princess brings vacationers to the celebration with Nebuta (drowsiness) festival to wake the sleepy soul. Landmarks visited include Osaka Castle, Kinkaku-ji temple, Itsukishima Shrine and more. The Rhythm of the Caribbean is an onboard program immersing passengers in the destination with authentic music, food and activities of the region. The landmarks the Caribbean is famous for, such as the UNESCO World Heritage site Willemstad, Trunk Bay on St. John Island, or Tulum Ruins from Cozumel, are also included. Passengers also sail to the most revered landmarks in Europe, visiting sites like the Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Blarney Castle and Berlin Wall.
Examples of Landmark Sale deals include:
- 7-day Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers from US$799 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 12-day Alaska Cruisetour from US$1,799 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 7-day Mediterranean cruise from US$1,299 and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person
- 12-day British Isles cruise from US$2,099 and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 11-day Scandinavia & Russia cruise from US$2,099 and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 11-day Circle Japan cruise from US$1,249 interior and up to US$500 free onboard credit per person
- 7-day Caribbean cruise from US$799 interior and up to US$250 free onboard credit per person.
The Landmark Sale of Princess Cruises is available to residents of Canada, the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Princess Cruises South America Itineraries 2019-2020
Princess Cruises fall 2019-spring 2020 season includes 14 departures with itineraries sailing to Antarctica. As part of the new lineup, a 58-day South America cruise circumnavigates the continent and provides the opportunity to visit Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Rio’s Carnival and more. Island Princess and Coral Princess cover the entire continent for 2019-2020 season, featuring 3 departures to the Antarctic Peninsula aboard Coral Princess on Dec 20, 2019; Jan 5 and 21, 2020.
Itinerary highlights for 2019-2020 South America season include:
- 2 ships: Island Princess and maiden season to South America for Coral Princess.
- 3 departures on Coral Princess between Santiago and Buenos Aires including scenic cruising of Antarctica Peninsula.
- A total of 14 departures, calling at 31 destinations in 18 different countries departing from Fort Lauderdale, Buenos Aires or Santiago between December 2019-March 2020.
- 9 itineraries, ranging in length between 14-58 days.
- Overnights in Lima, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro.
- Opportunities to visit 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Princess Cruises Caribbean Itineraries 2019-2020
Princess Cruises passengers sailing to the Caribbean enjoy a variety of itineraries to all 3 sought-after regions – Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. The fall 2019-spring 2020 program features the maiden season of line's Sky Princess, debuting December 2019 on a 3-day inaugural cruise, followed by 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean trips.
The 4th Royal-Class ship of Pincess Cruises, Sky Princess, sets sail from Fort Lauderdale FL on a 3-day, roundtrip voyage departing December 4, 2019, and visiting Princess Cays, one of the top cruise line private islands in Bahamas. The vessel then sails on alternating 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean roundtrip itineraries from Fort Lauderdale between December 7, 2019-April 4, 2020. These cruises offer late-night stays, during every visit to Saint Thomas and Cozumel so passengers can enjoy more time in the popular destinations.
Onboard, guests can celebrate the unique cultures of the islands with line's Rhythm of the Caribbean program and can immerse themselves one-of-a-kind activities: from local crafts and music to meeting "Parrots in the Piazza" and presentations from local experts including treasure hunters and shark divers.
Itinerary highlights for 2019-2020 Caribbean season include:
- 5 ships offering 10 itineraries and a total of 119 departures onboard Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Pacific Princess, and the new Sky Princess.
- More destination-rich and longer itineraries to the Southern Caribbean aboard Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess, featuring 10- or 14-day trips.
- Regal Princess also sails on 7-day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale with "More Ashore" stays in Saint Thomas and Cozumel.
- Princess Cruises visits a total of 25 Caribbean islands and 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as Antigua Naval Dockyard, Belize Barrier Reef System and related archeological sites
- Visits to Princess Cays on every 7-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary, and select Western and 10-day Southern Caribbean cruises.
- A unique 2-week holiday cruise onboard Pacific Princess, for the first time visiting the Southern Caribbean island of Mayreau.
Princess Cruises Panama Canal Cruises
The upcoming Princess Cruises fall 2019-spring 2020 season offers the cruise line's biggest deployment ever to Panama Canal, featuring Emerald Princess' maiden season sailing through the new locks. Back in 1967, Princess was the first cruise company to sail through the locks of the canal, and now it carries more passengers across it than any other company.
Emerald Princess is the cruise line's 2nd Neo-Panamax vessel, after Caribbean Princess, to be refurbished during a scheduled drydock in spring 2019. The cruiser is to traverse the brand new Agua Clara locks on the canal's Atlantic side as well as the the Pacific Side's Cocoli Locks, which opened in June 2016, as part of a 10-year, US$5.4 billion "Neo-Panamax" expansion.
Princess Cruises 2019-2020 line-up features 5 ships, with 10- to 21-day itineraries, also visiting culturally rich ports in Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America. Each Princess transit of the Panama Canal features live narration from the bridge with a glimpse into the history and a day of scenic sailing through Gatun Lake. Beyond Panama Canal, passengers will enjoy the diversity of cultures in Central and South America, the wildlife and rainforests of Panama and Costa Rica, along with some of the top-rated Caribbean beaches.
Program highlights for Panama Canal 2019-2020 season include:
- 5 ships offering 6 itineraries and a total of 36 departures onboard Coral Princess, Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess, Pacific Princess and Island Princess.
- 6 unique itineraries from 4 departure ports – Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Vancouver.
- Calls at 24 destinations in 12 different countries, including 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like Cartagena's walled Old City.
- 21 transits through the old locks on Island, Pacific and Coral Princess and 15 through the new locks on Emerald and Caribbean Princess.
- Shore excursion offerings including Animal Planet Exclusive tour of Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, where passengers may meet sloth superstars featured on Animal Planet.
Princess Cruises related cruise news
A female passenger has been medevaced from a Princess Cruises ship off the coast of Oregon after suffering kidney failure. The US Coast Guard was...August 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises revealed its newly enhanced beverage menus, that feature globally inspired signature cocktails created by master mixologist Rob...August 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Haines was not due to have any cruise ships in port today. But, due to high winds forecast in Northern Lynn Canal, around 3,000 extra visitors are...August 7, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises launched its Luxury Bed for the first time in Asia on its Asia Sleep Tour featuring the sleep doctor Dr.Michael Breus, the designer...August 4, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises unveiled new details about features on its new cruise ship, Sky Princess, including a first look at line's first-ever Sky Suites...July 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced it had signed a memorandum of agreement with Fincantieri, Italy to build two next-generation liners, due to be added to...July 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises passengers aboard Sun Princess will have access to the newest onboard enhancements of the ship, following an extensive 2-week...July 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced it is about to host its largest slot tournament promotion following a deal with Scientific Games Corporation, American...July 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced its newest Sip & Sail promotion offering free beverages onboard. 6 to 56 day cruises to various destinations around...July 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises returns to the West Coast in 2019-2020 with new itineraries visiting top destinations such as Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Diego and...June 28, 2018
- show more news