Viking Gefjon Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Gefjon
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Gefjon
The Viking Gefjon boat cruises on on Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers in Holland, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Czech Republic.
Viking Gefjon cruise ship
Join the 2015 Viking Gefjon Grand European Tour for 15 pleasant days along the Main, Danube and Rhine Rivers. You'll be able to see Holland’s windmills and tulip fields as well as Germany’s fairytale castles and the vineyards of Wachau Valley in Austria. Another chance gives the Romantic Danube itinerary with 8-day sailing along the “Blue Danube” to explore fascinating Budapest, tour riverside in Austria’s Wachau Valley and experience the imperial architecture of Vienna.
Gefjon is believed to have created the Danish island of Zealand which helps earn respect among gods. Just like Odin, Gefjon knows humankind's destinies. Viking Gefjon hosts 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Gefjon ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Viking Longships have new features including the revolutionary all-weather Aquavit Terrace bringing the outdoor scenery indoors, allowing passengers to enjoy the river views and al fresco dining. The Longships have two Explorer Suites which are the largest in Europe as well as seven Veranda Suites (two-room) with a veranda and a French balcony. The 39 Veranda Staterooms feature full-size balconies and there are also 22 French Balcony Staterooms. All Viking Longships, including Viking Gefjon boast organic herb gardens and onboard solar panels. Their hybrid engines are energy-efficient and reduce vibrations for a smooth ride.
Viking Gefjon ship
|Year built||2015 (longship)||MMSI number Callsign code Flag State (registered in)||211660990 DMAO Germany|
|Passenger capacity Crew capacity Gross tonnage weight LOA length||190 50 5,000 tons 444 ft (135 m)||Ship builder Owner and Operator Christened by||Neptun Werft (Germany) Viking Cruises Verona Thiele|
Viking Gefjon cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low
Viking Gefjon river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Gefjon cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates). Follows the list of Viking Gefjon river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "HEART OF GERMANY” are 6-days Main river cruises from Frankfurt to Nuremberg, and the reverse from Nuremberg to Frankfurt. These deals offer 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Also included in the fares are bus transfers Frankfurt to Heidelberg (for a full-day excursion), Wurzburg (full-day tour, bus travel to Rothenburg, embarkation in Gerlachshausen), Nuremberg (overnight dock). Optional luxury hotel packages are offered for: Germany (2-night Nuremberg or 2-night Cologne/Koln) and Czech Republic (3-night Prague).
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE" are 7-days cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, and reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg/Nurnberg. These deals offer 3 countries to visit (Austria, Germany, Hungary), with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Nuremberg offers optional 2-night Nuremberg or 3-night Prague hotel packages. On departures from Germany (Nuremberg) the sailing part starts on the second day with the Main-Danube Canal cruise (passing through the locks), and ends in Budapest (optional 2-night hotel package).
- "RHINE RHAPSODY" are 9-days Moselle and Rhine river cruises from Paris to Basel, and the reverse from Basel to Paris. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (France, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland) and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions. Viking deals are also inclusive of 2-night Paris luxury hotel package, train travel to Luxembourg (Switzerland), bus transfer to Germany (Trier, on Moselle River, for embarkation), There are two optional hotel packages - 2-night in Lucerne (Lake Lucerne, Swiss Alps) or 3-night in Montreux (Lake Geneva, for touring Lausanne and Geneva). On departures from Switzerland (Basel), the sailing part starts on Day 2 (early evening), with an optional 2-night Paris hotel package at the end.
- "RHINE GETAWAY” are 7-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, and the reverse from Basel to Amsterdam, with 4 countries to visit (Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. These deals include disembarkation in Mannheim (for the Heidelberg tour and embarkation again in Speyer) and disembarkation in Kehl for the Strasbourg tour. Disembarkation in Amsterdam offers optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Gefjon Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Gefjon cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|23 Sep||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|24 Sep||Kinderdijk, Holland|
|25 Sep||Rhine River|
|25 Sep||Cologne, Germany|
|26 Sep||Koblenz, Germany|
|27 Sep||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|27 Sep||Main River|
|27 Sep||Miltenberg, Germany|
|28 Sep||Wurzburg, Germany|
|29 Sep||Bamberg, Germany|
|30 Sep||Nuremberg, Germany|
|01 Oct||Main-Danube Canal, Germany|
|01 Oct||Regensburg, Germany|
|02 Oct||Passau, Germany|
|03 Oct||Melk, Austria|
|03 Oct||Durnstein, Austria|
|04 Oct||Vienna, Austria|
|05 Oct||Bratislava, Slovakia|
|05 Oct||Danube River|
|06 Oct||Budapest, Hungary (Tours ashore)|
|07 Oct||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|