Viking Pride Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Pride
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards (Kinderdijk, Holland)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Karin Hildebrand|
Review of Viking Pride
The Viking Pride boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France.
Viking Pride, Viking Neptune and Viking Spirit are sister ships which set the highest bar for river cruising in Europe after their launch in 2001. They boast beautifully designed public areas and wraparound decks allowing guests to enjoy nature in the open air whenever they wish. Each ship accommodates 150 passengers in spacious staterooms. See the magnificent scenery of Europe while sunbathing on the Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cozy restaurant, observation bar and lounge with panoramic windows. On board ship you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe), a library and boutique. Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Pride river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Pride's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Pride river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Next is shown an exemplary itinerary with port dates:
- 6-day round-trip to Europe-s & Cruises from Paris - Mon Dec 07 (Paris, departing), Tue Dec 08 (Vernon), Wed Dec 09 (Rouen), Thu Dec 10 (Normandy Beaches), Fri Dec 11 (Les Andelys), Sat Dec 12 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Sun Dec 13 (Paris, arrive).
Viking Pride wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 75 (all of which are without a balcony).
- Restaurants: Pride (dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Pride Atrium (lobby), Library, Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded seating relaxation/observation area).
- Viking Pride cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all France tours/excursions and land transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Pride boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Pride is the 3rd vessel in a series of four Viking river cruise ships in France. The other vessels of this class are Viking Europe (now ms Bellefleur), Neptune, Spirit. The new series Viking longships cruising in France includes Buri, Delling, Forseti, Heimdal, Hermod.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and the Viking ships Kadlin, Neptune, Rinda, Rolf, Spirit.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - none
- Balcony Staterooms - none
- French Balcony Staterooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (Picture Window) - Standard (12x E, deck1), and Deluxe - 22x A (deck3), 25x B (deck2), 8x C (deck2) and 8x D (deck2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.