AmaReina Review and Specifications
Specifications of AmaReina
|Year built||2014 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Vahali Shipyards (Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 161|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||HRH Heide von Hohhenzollern|
Current itinerary of AmaReina
AmaReina current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam. Prices start from USD 4195 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 24 May, 2019 and ends on 07 Jun, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 May||Departing from Budapest, Hungary hotels|
|25 May||Budapest, Hungary|
|26 May - 27 May||Vienna, Austria(Overnight)|
|27 May||Vienna, Austria|
|28 May||Durnstein, Austria|
|28 May||Melk, Austria|
|29 May||Linz, Austria|
|29 May||Salzburg, Austria|
|29 May||Passau, Germany|
|30 May||Regensburg, Germany|
|31 May||Nuremberg, Germany|
|01 Jun||Bamberg, Germany|
|02 Jun||Wurzburg, Germany|
|03 Jun||Miltenberg, Germany|
|04 Jun||Rudesheim am Rhein, Germany|
|04 Jun||Andernach, Germany|
|05 Jun||Cologne, Koln, Germany|
|06 Jun - 07 Jun||Amsterdam, Holland(Overnight)|
|07 Jun||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland hotels|
Review of AmaReina
The AmaReina boat cruises on Rhine River departing from Basel and Amsterdam. The AmaReina ship debuts in 2014. She is a sister ship to AmaCerto and features an advanced design with exclusive Twin Balconies.
The AmaReina ship's Twin Balconies are available in most staterooms, measuring the spacious 235 sq.feet (four suites of 300 sq. feet are also available). AmaReina has a total of 85 cabins (of which 5 Suite, 51 Twin Balcony, 10 French Balconies, 19 with a not-opening window) in 9 grades.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - STE (x3, deck3), size 350ft2/33m2
- Large Balcony Staterooms - AP (x1, deck3) - size 250ft2/23m2
- Twin Balcony Staterooms - AA (x11, deck3), AB (x10, deck2), BA (x10, deck3), BB (x15, deck2) - sizes AA/AB (235ft2/22m2), BB 210/19
- French Balcony Staterooms - C (x16, decks2&3) - size 170ft2/16m2
- RiverView Staterooms - D (x13, deck1), E (x4, deck1), size 160ft2/15m2.
Ship's restaurants include Verde (dining room), Bella Cucina (Italian), Chef’s Table (tasting menu), Wine Bar (private), Sun Deck (alfresco). AmaReina offers a variety of dining options for guests' culinary enjoyment. The culinary creations of Chaîne des Rôtisseurs are to devour in the Chef's Table restaurant or in the main dining room. On select days, passengers can enjoy their lunch on the Sun Deck outdoors. AmaReina pampers with gourmet dining and free-flowing wines.
AmaReina also has an Observation Lounge (with al fresco Teak Front Deck), Main Lounge & Bar, Reina Atrium (lobby), Fireside Library, Gift Shop, Fitness & Sauna, top-deck (pool/jacuzzi, swim-up bar, sundeck loungers and shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green, walking track), 1 elevator (passenger lift).
AmaReina cruise deals are inclusive of the Internet (and Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions (including on bikes), ground transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
AmaReina river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways AmaReina cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On AmaReina cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of AmaWaterways ship AmaReina river cruise itineraries as themes:
- (list of visited countries - France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- "ENCHANTING RHINE” is a 13-days (sailing 7 days) Rhine river cruise from Amsterdam to Zurich (Basel disembarkation), and the reverse from Zurich to Amsterdam. There are 4 optional and 8 complimentary land tours/excursions, plus 2-night Zurich and 2-night Lucerne hotel packages included in the fares.
- The ship also offers Holiday themed "Christmas Markets" river cruises visiting the Xmas markets in Cologne, Rudesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg, Breisach, Lucerne and Zurich, with 2 nights Zurich and 2 nights Lucerne. Other special deals are the "Wine" themed voyages with prominent wine connoisseurs as guest lecturers.
- The APT AmaReina boat is the 6th among the newest generation AMA river cruise ships of the Concerto-class. Her sisters are AmaBella, AmaCerto, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaVista. This is a new APT river cruise boat design featuring the "Twin Balcony" accommodations concept. It combines the traditional French Balcony with a second covered open-air verandah for all-weather use. Each of these riverboats is powered by two "Caterpillar" marine diesel engines (model "C32 DITA ACERT" V-12, total power output 1900 kW / 2550 HP).
- A unique feature of AMAwaterways AmaReina cruises is the complimentary using of onboard bicycles on shore excursions/tours in each of the ports along the itinerary routes.
- The AMA cruise ship Reina was launched in 2014 on April 4th. It was christened in Vilshofen (Germany) by Princess von Hohhenzollern (born as Heide Hansen) - owner of "Burg Namedy" in Andernach (moated castle on river Rhine, hosting corporate events, conferences and seminars, and various special events, such as weddings, birthdays, themed evenings, etc).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
AmaReina - user reviews and comments
Other AmaWaterways cruise ships
The below listed AmaReina cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AmaWaterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 26||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2019 May 10||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 May 24||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Jun 07||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 Jun 21||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Jul 05||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2019 Jul 19||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2019 Aug 02||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2019 Aug 16||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4095|
|2019 Aug 30||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4095|
|2019 Sep 13||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4195|
|2019 Sep 27||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4195|
|2019 Oct 11||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$3895|
|2019 Oct 25||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3895|