Amsterdam cruise port is a very popular tourist destination especially from the late spring through the early fall. Amsterdam is the biggest city in the Netherlands and one of the arts’ capitals in Europe. It is a unique place to visit with its rich history, canal ring, famous museums and popular city tours and shore excursions. The cruise lines that include Amsterdam cruise port in their ship schedule increase every year. The terminal welcomes more than quarter million tourist during the high cruising season.
Highlights: Canals, bridges, Vincent Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum
Amsterdam cruise terminal
Amsterdam cruise port terminal is located 15 minutes away from the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, right in the city heart. The central train station of Amsterdam is just in 10 minutes walking distance.
Amsterdam cruise port terminal has a large reception, tourists information office, cafes, restaurants, luggage facility and shops. There is a parking area which is underneath Amsterdam cruise port terminal (Passenger Terminal Amsterdam).
If you prefer, you can use touring boat or public transport to reach the center of Amsterdam.
Passenger Terminal Amsterdam has quays with length of 600 m and 10.5 depth. If the weather is in normal condition, vessels up to 330 m will turn very easy in Amsterdam cruise port terminal.
Available for the passengers is pontoon for transfer to and from different kinds of touring boats.
At the moment you disembark at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, you can enjoy great views of Amsterdam from the huge outdoor balcony of the terminal. The passengers also can use the Movenpick hotel facilities, a four-star hotel located in adjacent.
- underneath the PTA (Amsterdam cruise port terminal)
- 30 Euros per day (subject to change)
Amsterdam tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Exploring the canals: Amsterdam has at least 165. All are surrounded with typical houses and beautiful green tree. You can also see typical 17th century Golden Age houses.
- The Rijksmuseum: exhibitions of famous Dutch Golden Age painters, one of the most popular places to visit. The “top” piece is “Night Watch” by Rembrandt. You will also see Jan Steen’s and Vermeer ‘s paintings.
- The Begijnhof: located in the heart of the old city. A lovely 14th century place with beautiful houses and green gardens.
- Brown Cafes: or a typical Dutch pub. The name is given after the color of the interior – dark wood and stained by cigarette smoke walls.
- Anne Frank House: nearly a million tourists visit the Anne Frank House every year. The place is touching with the story of Anne Frank, a Jewish girl, and her family. They were hiding in this house during the Nazi’s occupation.
- Vondelpark: the most popular park in Amsterdam.
- Oude Kerk: dates since 1250 AD, the Amsterdam’s oldest church. The paradox is that it is located at the Red Light District center.
- Waterlooplein: located near the City Hall. A huge market, where you can buy anything but the usual at very good price.
- The Red Light District: real notorious highlight. You can see hundreds of young women, wearing only lingerie, behind red lit window.
- Coffee Shops: you can buy marihuana or hash for personal use in small quantity.
The Amsterdam cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Amsterdam, Holland.
If you lose the Amsterdam location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Amsterdam cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Amsterdam, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
4 September, 2016
5 September, 2016
7 September, 2016
8 September, 2016
9 September, 2016
10 September, 2016
11 September, 2016
12 September, 2016
13 September, 2016
14 September, 2016
15 September, 2016
16 September, 2016
17 September, 2016
18 September, 2016
20 September, 2016
21 September, 2016
22 September, 2016
23 September, 2016
24 September, 2016
25 September, 2016
26 September, 2016
27 September, 2016
28 September, 2016
29 September, 2016
30 September, 2016
19 September, 2016