Amsterdam is The Netherlands kingdom's capital city and a major ocean and river cruise port. The port is among the most visited by cruise ships based in Baltic Sea. This is also a turnaround port for riverboats operating on Rhine and Moselle rivers, as well as on the Dutch waterways.
Holland's capital has municipality population around 845,000 (urban 1,35 million, metro 2,43 million) and covers an area of 166 km2 (64ml2). The Randstad megalopolis (which besides Amsterdam also includes the located in South Holland Rotterdam and The Hague) has population of around 7 million. Amsterdam City itself is one of the world's most visited tourist travel destinations and also one of Europe's arts capitals. It is an unique place to visit with rich history, amazing canal ring, world-famous museums, guided city tours and exciting shore excursions. Next photo shows the Amsterdam cruise port and its passenger terminal building.
Cruise lines that include Amsterdam cruise port in their ship schedule increase every year. The terminal welcomes more than 1/4 million passengers during the high cruising season.
Highlights: Canals, bridges, Vincent Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum
Amsterdam cruise terminal
Amsterdam cruise port terminal is located 15 minutes away from the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, right in the city heart. The central train station of Amsterdam is just in 10 minutes walking distance.
- Amsterdam cruise port terminal has a large reception, tourists information office, cafes, restaurants, luggage facility and shops. There is a parking area which is underneath Amsterdam cruise port terminal (Passenger Terminal Amsterdam).
- If you prefer, you can use touring boat or public transport to reach the center of Amsterdam.
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam has quays with length of 600 m and 10.5 depth. If the weather is in normal condition, vessels up to 330 m will turn very easy in Amsterdam cruise port terminal.
- Available for the passengers is pontoon for transfer to and from different kinds of touring boats.
At the moment you disembark here, you can enjoy great views of the city from the huge outdoor balcony of the terminal. The passengers also can use the Movenpick hotel facilities, a four-star hotel located in adjacent.
- underneath the PTA (Amsterdam cruise port terminal)
- 30 Euros per day (subject to change)
Amsterdam tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Exploring the canals: Amsterdam has at least 165. All are surrounded with typical houses and beautiful green tree. You can also see typical 17th century Golden Age houses.
- The Rijksmuseum: exhibitions of famous Dutch Golden Age painters, one of the most popular places to visit. The “top” piece is “Night Watch” by Rembrandt. You will also see Jan Steen’s and Vermeer ‘s paintings.
- The Begijnhof: located in the heart of the old city. A lovely 14th century place with beautiful houses and green gardens.
- Brown Cafes: or a typical Dutch pub. The name is given after the color of the interior – dark wood and stained by cigarette smoke walls.
- Anne Frank House: nearly a million tourists visit the Anne Frank House every year. The place is touching with the story of Anne Frank, a Jewish girl, and her family. They were hiding in this house during the Nazi’s occupation.
- Vondelpark: the most popular park in Amsterdam.
- Oude Kerk: dates since 1250 AD, the Amsterdam’s oldest church. The paradox is that it is located at the Red Light District center.
- Waterlooplein: located near the City Hall. A huge market, where you can buy anything but the usual at very good price.
- The Red Light District: real notorious highlight. You can see hundreds of young women, wearing only lingerie, behind red lit window.
- Coffee Shops: you can buy marihuana or hash for personal use in small quantity.
The Amsterdam cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Amsterdam, Holland.
If you lose the Amsterdam location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Amsterdam cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Amsterdam, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 December, 2016
3 December, 2016
6 December, 2016
7 December, 2016
8 December, 2016
9 December, 2016
11 December, 2016
15 December, 2016
16 December, 2016
20 December, 2016
22 December, 2016
23 December, 2016
4 December, 2016
5 December, 2016
10 December, 2016
12 December, 2016
14 December, 2016
17 December, 2016
19 December, 2016
24 December, 2016
25 December, 2016
26 December, 2016
30 December, 2016
31 December, 2016
A majority in Amsterdam city council supported moving the cruise ship terminal of the Dutch capital out of the city center. This was revealed in a...November 20, 2016
The alderwoman of economic affairs of Amsterdam created a huge surprise during port conference. Mrs.Kajsa Ollongren (D66 political party) announced...November 12, 2016
For the first time since her debut in April 2016, the newest and largest cruise ship of Holland America arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday...November 10, 2016
Christmas Cruises are now top of more Brits' wish lists than ever before, with a 60% rise in internet searches during the first 6 months of...November 2, 2016
A former cruise ship worker who had sexually assaulted and tried to kill a female passenger told a judge October 18, Tuesday that he was having a...October 22, 2016
With Holland America putting bigger cruise ships on Southeast Alaska run and other major lines adding Sitka calls, the town can expect a 20% increase...September 26, 2016
High seas and gale-force winds on the outer coast are keeping around 4,500 cruise ship passengers from seeing Sitka this week. MS Amsterdam, ms...September 23, 2016
Viking River Cruises offers its first European river itineraries on a vessel dedicated to Chinese travelers later this fall. The...September 22, 2016
As cruise demand in Europe is shrinking and there is an increasing demand for Alaska summer sailings, Holland America is redeploying its ms...September 19, 2016
P&O Cruises is bringing forward its booking cycle by 6 months as it launches its 2018 cruise programme earlier than ever. The cruise line...September 6, 2016